Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2714566

Subject: "Watch what Andy Reid does with Shea Patterson" Previous topic | Next topic
allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Mon May-04-20 12:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Watch what Andy Reid does with Shea Patterson"
Mon May-04-20 12:29 AM by allStah

A lot of people on this board rated Patterson as a very low NFL QB prospect. However, this kids ability to scramble and run is better than any incoming NFL rookie QB. And that translates into how Qbs are playing in the NFL. I had/have nothing but positive things to say about Shea, and you can check all the college posts on that.

Andy Reid is smart as hell. He always has a backup QB Plan. As great as Mahomes is, all it takes is one injury or whatever, but Reid, like always, will have a QB ready to go. You saw it with Matt Moore last season when Mahomes was our for about 3 weeks

And my bears? no back up plan. Trubisky's option was not picked up, so he will not be here, and Foles is mr. glass......We have nothing after that......nothing.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Shea Patterson either blows or Jim Harbaugh is THAT bad
May 04th 2020
the former.
May 04th 2020
look at that escapability
May 04th 2020
If he can throw to his first read, he’s fine
May 04th 2020
RE: If he can throw to his first read, he’s fine
May 04th 2020
      Wilton Speight and Jake Rudock got NFL paychecks last year
May 05th 2020
Haha.. he did throw a TD in the play
May 04th 2020
ugh. Bredeson and Ruiz pancaked a stunt on a pass play
May 05th 2020
      Lol...it was the RB, who got a clean release...
May 05th 2020
I guess you didn't see the Penn State game
May 04th 2020
also...Shea has had weapons
May 05th 2020
Shea magic!
May 07th 2020
shea trash.
May 04th 2020
RE: shea trash.
May 04th 2020
Absolutely nothing. He’s sorry.
May 04th 2020
College does not always translate to what a QB is going to do
May 05th 2020
same logic is why I was quietly optimistic about Fromm
May 06th 2020
RE: same logic is why I was quietly optimistic about Fromm
May 06th 2020
So in 8 years maybe a team gets lucky?
May 06th 2020
Waived
Jul 11th 2020
RE: Waived
Jul 11th 2020
lol
Jul 11th 2020
jesus.
Jul 11th 2020
shocked
Jul 15th 2020

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18385 posts
Mon May-04-20 06:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Shea Patterson either blows or Jim Harbaugh is THAT bad"
In response to Reply # 0

all we heard coming into last year was that Michigan had lured away some untapped dual threat diamond in the rough. That Michigan offense was one of the most uninspired college offenses I've ever seen, and there was no semblance of Patterson being a dual threat athlete. He almost never did anything with his legs. He didn't have to resemble Mike Vick, but he wasn't even Drew Brees.

All that said, you're right that if anyone can squeeze juice out of that fruit it's Andy Reid. I honestly have no clue if Patterson can pass but he can probably do a lot of things similar to what Sean Payton does with Taysom Hill (albeit in an even more explosive offense in KC than in NO).

Also very intrigued what Pederson has in store for Jalen Hurts who's an obviously better athlete than Patterson but isn't a good passer.

will_5198
Charter member
63107 posts
Mon May-04-20 09:04 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "the former."
In response to Reply # 1

this is the only Shea Patterson video you need to see:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1251177188918951944

--------

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66742 posts
Mon May-04-20 09:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "look at that escapability "
In response to Reply # 2

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Mon May-04-20 09:35 AM

6. "If he can throw to his first read, he’s fine"
In response to Reply # 2

Not great, not good, but fine. If that first read is covered though, your team is toast. Not the best quality for an NFL QB.

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

allStah
9816 posts
Mon May-04-20 12:31 PM

9. "RE: If he can throw to his first read, he’s fine"
In response to Reply # 6

That's all coaching.

He has arm strength, speed, and can keep plays alive. You can't teach that.

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35245 posts
Tue May-05-20 01:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "Wilton Speight and Jake Rudock got NFL paychecks last year"
In response to Reply # 9

the coaching is fine

Patterson's problem is that he only runs when he is explicitly told to run. He was terrible as a read option QB and almost as bad at recognizing running lanes from the pocket.

Hes a guy that looks great in practice with the coaches in his ear, but when he sees a curveball on Saturday, the situation quickly degrades.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79560 posts
Mon May-04-20 01:12 PM

10. "Haha.. he did throw a TD in the play "
In response to Reply # 2

but yeah, dude had a clean pocket and ran towards the rush.

That Michigan offense was brutal most of the year.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35245 posts
Tue May-05-20 01:22 PM

12. "ugh. Bredeson and Ruiz pancaked a stunt on a pass play"
In response to Reply # 2

and Patterson runs right at the only DL still on his feet

and lol @ that little white flash of someone frantically waving his arms at the bottom of the screen

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Tue May-05-20 02:16 PM

13. "Lol...it was the RB, who got a clean release..."
In response to Reply # 12

and was open over the middle... instead, Patterson almost got that receiver put in the hospital.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

allStah
9816 posts
Mon May-04-20 11:24 AM

7. "I guess you didn't see the Penn State game "
In response to Reply # 1

That is when Michigan turned it around offensively, even though they lost. He was very good in that game.

will_5198
Charter member
63107 posts
Tue May-05-20 03:54 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "also...Shea has had weapons"
In response to Reply # 1

on his sophomore Ole Miss team he had:

WR AJ Brown -- 11-game starter for TEN, 1051 yards, 8 TD
WR DK Metcalf -- 15-game starter for SEA, 900 yards, 7 TD
WR Van Jefferson -- 2020 2nd rounder for LAR
WR DaMarkus Lodge -- CIN practice squad
TE Dawson Knox -- 11-game starter for BUF, 388 yards, 2 TD

plus RB Jordan Wilkins (IND back-up, 307 yards, 2 TD) in the backfield. oh, and OT Greg Little (CAR). SEVEN damn NFL players on the same offense!

he still couldn't complete 59% of his passes and had a 6-5 TD-INT ratio in the SEC. what was Michigan getting, exactly?

--------

3xKrazy
Charter member
21582 posts
Thu May-07-20 03:51 PM

19. "Shea magic!"
In response to Reply # 1

would be off the charts hilarious if he balled out in the NFL but that seems like a very low percentage play.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Mon May-04-20 09:31 AM

4. "shea trash. "
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

allStah
9816 posts
Mon May-04-20 11:25 AM

8. "RE: shea trash. "
In response to Reply # 4
Mon May-04-20 11:51 AM by allStah

Hmm, who should I pay attention to ,Brooklynwhat or Andy Reid?

I'm conflicted. I really don't know who I should pay attention to.

You also said Jacob Eason was trash and wouldn't get drafted....

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Mon May-04-20 09:33 AM

5. "Absolutely nothing. He’s sorry."
In response to Reply # 0

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

allStah
9816 posts
Tue May-05-20 04:13 PM

15. "College does not always translate to what a QB is going to do "
In response to Reply # 0

on the next level.

We've seen tons of QBs suck on the College level, but evolve on the pro level after getting the proper coaching. .

We've seen QBs who were bad qbs, like Matt Moore, Ryan Tannehill, etc take off after being put in the right system, or after years of further development.

The kid has some great natural talent. His issues are being able to read, react, and simply making the correct decision as a QB. That can be coached.

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18385 posts
Wed May-06-20 06:01 AM

16. "same logic is why I was quietly optimistic about Fromm"
In response to Reply # 15
Wed May-06-20 06:02 AM by Tiger Woods

Fromm had barely any weapons last year, and Georgia’s offense struggled to get into their rhythms in same games (loss home to SC, clumsy win home against ND)

But I’ve seen him make plays when he has talent around him and a good back behind him and an offense that has an identity. He’s got size too. I think there’s promise there.

Unfortunately he got drafted to Buffalo who a) already has a QB prospect and b) is an entirely different climate than Athens GA

allStah
9816 posts
Wed May-06-20 11:41 AM

17. "RE: same logic is why I was quietly optimistic about Fromm"
In response to Reply # 16

Yeah, Fromm is a very cerebral player. I heard he is smart as hell.

I can see him evolving in the NFL.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79560 posts
Wed May-06-20 07:45 PM

18. "So in 8 years maybe a team gets lucky? "
In response to Reply # 15

Cause the dudes you are using as examples didn’t do shit for the teams that drafted them.

If anything KC may be able to get some value for him in a few years in a trade for a 6th rounder.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Sat Jul-11-20 07:42 AM

20. "Waived"
In response to Reply # 0

----
bshelly

allStah
9816 posts
Sat Jul-11-20 08:43 AM

21. "RE: Waived"
In response to Reply # 20

www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-re-sign-veteran-matt-moore-and-release-rookie-shea-patterson-per-reports/amp/

It was an experience/insurance move. They cut him to make room for Matt Moore, who they just re-signed. Matt knows the playbook, and kept the team rolling when Mahomes got injured, and will more than likely be the number 2 again. Henne is returning from being out last season, and even though he knows the playbook, don’t know how he is going to play. Also I imagine if they were 100 percent sure about Henne, 35 year old Matt wouldn’t have been re-signed. And they got that XFL guy who played in a similar system, so they want experience for the entire qb depth chart.

Kid never got a chance to practice or work in the system. He was in a perfect situation because of Andy’s ability to develop QBs. Maybe they go back to him later on down the road, but can’t really see another team picking him up right now., and frankly I don’t trust another team to be able to develop him.

I still think he is talented....tough break.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Sat Jul-11-20 10:59 AM

22. "lol"

<--- Big Baller World Order

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Sat Jul-11-20 11:21 AM

23. "jesus."

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66742 posts
Wed Jul-15-20 08:25 AM

24. "shocked "

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2714566 Previous topic | Next topic