Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2714042

Subject: "Donovan Brazier out here doing 1500s now" Previous topic | Next topic
MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Thu Apr-16-20 09:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Donovan Brazier out here doing 1500s now"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swnKxYsgYXg

3:37:18 by just sagging in the back and then sprinting the last 200?

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I'd expect at least a 3:30-3:31 1500m from him
Apr 16th 2020
His training background is very limited in distance
Apr 18th 2020
RE: Donovan Brazier out here doing 1500s now
Apr 17th 2020
Was he with Salazar
Apr 17th 2020
      RE: Was he with Salazar
Apr 17th 2020
           RE: Was he with Salazar
Apr 17th 2020

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Thu Apr-16-20 02:00 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I'd expect at least a 3:30-3:31 1500m from him"
In response to Reply # 0

He seems to me to be more of a distance type of 800m runner than a sprinter type.
But he hasn't run many 1500s or 400s. The 800 is perfect for him.

Walleye
Charter member
15522 posts
Sat Apr-18-20 09:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "His training background is very limited in distance"
In response to Reply # 1

Until he landed with NOP, he rather famously ran through a few coaches by expressing an unwillingness to boost his mileage at all. Those times seem a bit fast, but not wholly realistic - but the relatively few people on earth who can run that fast have been pulling significantly more base miles (like, two to three times what Brazier grew up running) for most of their lives.

I'd love to see him try, as he really seems to have embraced more strength work. But I actually prefer watching the 800m as an event so it's incredibly cool seeing how that re-framed training has not only turned him into somebody who can run 1:41-1:42 but somebody who can run that fast in any kind of race. He can lead; he can kick hard from 200-250; he can grind you out by moving at 400m. Reminds me of Wilson Kipketer.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Fri Apr-17-20 12:01 AM

2. "RE: Donovan Brazier out here doing 1500s now"
In response to Reply # 0

Still suspect to me. Got with Alberto and just took off as well as all the other runners who joined NOP. Doper

I think he is just working on his strength like a lot of 800m runners.

This year and last year track and field and road running broke my heart

Wilson Kipsang - banned for doping
Asbel Kiprop - banned for doping
NOP - dopers
Ruth Jebet
Daniel Wanjiru just got banned
Christian Coleman getting off after missing drug testing 3 times
Brianna Rollins banned a year ago for the same thing ...then missed out on
Competing for a medal at the WC due to false starting

And 2 time drug cheat Justin Gatlin winning silver

And watching a 32 year female Jamaican blaze the WC with a god damn 10.74

Was a distance runner for a long time, had to stop due to injury ...so it pains me to have turn my back on the sport.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Fri Apr-17-20 07:23 AM

3. "Was he with Salazar"
In response to Reply # 2

This article says he wasn’t. https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a29327618/alberto-salazar-doping-case-developments/

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

allStah
9816 posts
Fri Apr-17-20 03:34 PM

4. "RE: Was he with Salazar"
In response to Reply # 3
Fri Apr-17-20 03:35 PM by allStah

LOL.

They all ran to that Pete Julian coached me only excuse. FOH. Alberto is NOP and NOP is alberto. It was completely his brain child, and nike backed him.

Alberto controlled everything, from the programs to the nutrition. Now julian probably oversaw the training runs and exercises, but it was all based on the science of alberto

Alberto specifically dealt with, and didn't trust anyone else training these people( you know, because of specific doping schemes).

Galen Rupp ( his steroid experiment project)
Jordan Hasay
Centro ( when he was there before he got the hell out)
Mo Farah ( doper elite....got out of dodge when the investigation happened so did Centro)
Sifan Hassan ( doped like crazy just to stick it to Diababa. ..said fuck it)
Yomif. ( was on that farah trajectory)

Now the past year, Alberto was mainly focused on Hassan ( dope queen) and Yomif because Galen was out after having achilles surgery and Hasay was on the shelf as well.

Brazier knew what NOP was. He knew they were under investigation, but still joined NOP anyway. Same thing with Calvin Murphy.

Notice that anyone who joins NOP explodes to running insane times....

Take Konstanze "Koko" Klosterhalfen who joined NOP right before they got shut down. She was always a solid runner, but couldn't compete with Dibaba, Kipyegon, Muir, or Hassan. She would come in 4th or 5th place....She joins NOP and puts in a 3:58 and beats Dibaba! Now Dibaba is a doper herself, just saying.

Farah for years got blasted by Kipchoge, Bekele, etc, and then in his late 20s, which is unheard of, turns into a world beater at 5000,10000m. Around the late 20s is when distant track runners start to make the leap to road running, because they get slower on the track.

Now that he is not with NOP he is garbage even though he is a marathoner now ( times are weak) , same thing with Centro....both look slow as hell. Centro can barely put in sub 3:35 1500 meters, and has jumped to 5000m. Dude is getting beaten on the american level, and everyone knows we are weak as hell in mens 1500m.

Guarantee you hassan, yomif,Koko, all of them will be a lot slower ...

Same thing with Donovan, He was a solid runner for US, but not a world beater destroying cats at worlds like amateurs. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped to 1500m because it is such a weak american field, and because he know he will not be able to put up those insane 800m times.....we shall see.

Calvin Mruphy is probably the only one who could possibly be clean, because he actually regressed when he joined NOP. Before NOP he was the top american 800m runner, and came off a great olympic performance. Either the doping made him worse, or he wasn't doping.

If it says NOP, its doped....

allStah
9816 posts
Fri Apr-17-20 10:30 PM

5. "RE: Was he with Salazar"
In response to Reply # 4

Correction: Clayton Murphy. My iPhone typed Calvin.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2714042 Previous topic | Next topic