Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2713998

Subject: "McCaffrey $16 mill per year... swollen pockets. " Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79607 posts
Tue Apr-14-20 08:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"McCaffrey $16 mill per year... swollen pockets. "

Hilarious watching Steeler fans who all said a RB shouldn’t make big money do an189 when it’s McCaffrey.

You know what it is.. lol

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
teams are trying to protect themselves by
Apr 14th 2020
Why are people putting Zeke on this list?
Apr 15th 2020
      RE: Why are people putting Zeke on this list?
Apr 15th 2020
      *maybe* Zeke
Apr 15th 2020
           Right about Gurley
Apr 18th 2020
CMC the only one putting asses in seats at BoA right now
Apr 15th 2020
Reggie Bush would kill in this era. He was just way ahead of his
Apr 18th 2020
your hot takes are just...
Apr 20th 2020
      The running attack takes a back seat in the Saints offense
Apr 20th 2020
      Reggie was getting lit up in Miami.
Apr 21st 2020
           RE: Reggie was getting lit up in Miami.
Apr 21st 2020
      I can't understand why anyone seriously engages with him
Apr 20th 2020
           All Stah can be adorably strange at times.
Apr 21st 2020

will_5198
Charter member
63109 posts
Tue Apr-14-20 07:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "teams are trying to protect themselves by"
In response to Reply # 0

having contract outs when these running backs turn 28, but even that looks like a bad value (Gurley, David Johnson, maybe Zeke)

--------

legsdiamond
79607 posts
Wed Apr-15-20 08:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Why are people putting Zeke on this list? "
In response to Reply # 1

He was a monster last year.

Gurley wasn’t the problem either. It’s the QB contract and other moves that really hurt the Rams. Goff ain’t that good.

But I think it’s teams signing/extending now instead of dealing with a holdout or more money because the market always goes up.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

jimaveli
Charter member
6614 posts
Wed Apr-15-20 10:50 AM

3. "RE: Why are people putting Zeke on this list? "
In response to Reply # 2

>He was a monster last year.
>
>Gurley wasn’t the problem either. It’s the QB contract and
>other moves that really hurt the Rams. Goff ain’t that
>good.
>
>But I think it’s teams signing/extending now instead of
>dealing with a holdout or more money because the market always
>goes up.

Fantasy football can cause confusion. That's how McCaffrey can make basically what Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler now make COMBINED on different teams.

Also, the way Dem Boyz get covered will have folks convinced that their whole team is hopelessly terrible if they lose one primetime game. AKA I hear so much about how Dak is so limited and terrible. Meanwhile, Kirko Cousins, Phillip Rivers, Matt Stafford and even Rodgers are peeling off maaaaad papers and they haven't won squat in a looooong time if ever.

Besides that, I can't help but see that 'sizzim.

To me, Run CMC is a mighty fine RB but he's has been collecting a lot of empty calorie, Matt Schaubbious garbage time/comeback stats for a while. Catching 8 dump-off passes while losing by 2 scores in the 2nd half of a bunch of games and winning people money in fantasy football is not the same as almost always being the reason an offense works when it works (like peak Zeke).

will_5198
Charter member
63109 posts
Wed Apr-15-20 03:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "*maybe* Zeke"
In response to Reply # 2

he's one year into his contract. Cowboys have an out after 2022 to cut him without eating most of the $52.9 million remaining; he'll probably restructure then or they will let him walk.

Gurley *just* signed that contract and the Rams had to give him away, due to his knee issues (which is not talent-related but shows exactly why you can't tie your cap to a running back for years and years).

--------

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Sat Apr-18-20 09:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "Right about Gurley"
In response to Reply # 5

His injury is exactly why he became the problem. I think Geoff is better than he showed last year, but having Gurley at normal strength def helps the engine go.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85075 posts
Wed Apr-15-20 02:25 PM

4. "CMC the only one putting asses in seats at BoA right now"
In response to Reply # 0

they aint have to break him off but after losing all the faces of the team from the Cam era they had to have somebody to pin the team on, especially since the real fan fave Luke is gone.

<--- Big Baller World Order

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Sat Apr-18-20 09:50 PM

7. "Reggie Bush would kill in this era. He was just way ahead of his"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Apr-18-20 09:51 PM by allStah

time, and went to the saints, who don't know how to use RBs. Alvin is being wasted. Still amazing that dude was able to adapt and turn more into a power runner to stay in the league. He had good stints with the dolphins and lions.

That is what I see when I look at Christian, so I'm not mad at him for getting paid. Get all the money now, because RBs don't last long.

will_5198
Charter member
63109 posts
Mon Apr-20-20 09:29 PM

8. "your hot takes are just..."
In response to Reply # 7

>time, and went to the saints, who don't know how to use RBs.
>Alvin is being wasted.

*chef's kiss*

--------

allStah
9816 posts
Mon Apr-20-20 10:22 PM

9. "The running attack takes a back seat in the Saints offense"
In response to Reply # 8
Mon Apr-20-20 10:29 PM by allStah

they are a pass heavy team.

Alvin avg 12 carries a game last season and the season before that. Now if you look at his receiving yards and receptions, even though the yards were down, his receptions per game went up. He clearly is not getting the ball enough as a runner, but his touches as a receiver are increasing.

That is what I mean by being wasted in the Saint's offense. He should at least see 15 to 20 carries as a running back. If you look at his peers:

Dalvin Cook avg 18 carries a game
Christian avg 18 carries a game
Elliot avg 20 carries a game
Even Gurley ,who was being load managed, avg more carries than Alvin.

When Bush was with the Saints, he avg around 7-8 carries a game, and had only 2 seasons where he avg double digits in carries. Goes to Miami and Detroit and gets 15 carries a game.

Again, in the Saint's offense, the running attack is not a focal point, and receivers are going to take touches away. So to me running backs are not used to their full potential.

But I will say that maybe the game has changed, and I'm just used to RBs getting at least 17-20 touches a game...

legsdiamond
79607 posts
Tue Apr-21-20 03:46 PM

11. "Reggie was getting lit up in Miami. "
In response to Reply # 9

Prolly shorten his career by trying to be an every down back.

Saints used him well IMO from what I remember.

Only thing I think is different is LB’s are lighter due to more passing defenses being on the field. That benefits RB’s.

allStah
9816 posts
Tue Apr-21-20 04:10 PM

12. "RE: Reggie was getting lit up in Miami. "
In response to Reply # 11
Tue Apr-21-20 04:26 PM by allStah

yeah, this is true. He took some hits.

I remember the jets intentionally put some hard hits on him to slow him down.

But he was drafted by the wrong team....imagine starting off with the dolphins or lions, shiiiit. dude was back to his explosive self.

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Mon Apr-20-20 10:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "I can't understand why anyone seriously engages with him"
In response to Reply # 8

I know mfers are bored, but shit man

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Orbit_Established
Member since Oct 27th 2002
52934 posts
Tue Apr-21-20 04:28 PM

13. "All Stah can be adorably strange at times. "
In response to Reply # 10

At times. He's often plain odd

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2713998 Previous topic | Next topic