Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2713627

Subject: "2020 Chicago Bears Discussion Thread" Previous topic | Next topic
allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Tue Mar-17-20 08:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"2020 Chicago Bears Discussion Thread"

Well, as we live in suspension, Bears made some moves today. Jimmy Graham is a bear. Why? I don’t know.

His ability to make big plays as a TE seems to be toast, and he is terrible at run blocking. And we basically need a run blocking TE, or TE is that is versatile. Why not hit the draft for that need? A declining TE to assist a QB lacking conviction?

Teddy Bridgewater shunned us, even though we matched his panthers offer. He didn’t sign because Trubisky is still on the roster. He wanted to be guaranteed the position. I’m not totally sold on Teddy, but he is very competent and can play the position. If Trubisky plays like shit next season, Ryan pace is going to get fried like green tomatoes in chicken grease.

Trubisky has to make the PO now, no excuses

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Nick Foles to Chicago for a 4th
Mar 18th 2020
Said it before, when we missed on the QB, that was all she wrote
Mar 18th 2020
^^100
Mar 18th 2020
      Foles is an excellent QB?
Mar 24th 2020
           RE: Foles is an excellent QB?
Mar 24th 2020
as a Foles convert (LOL) I'm not happy he's in the NFC
Mar 21st 2020

Dstl1
Charter member
56228 posts
Wed Mar-18-20 12:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Nick Foles to Chicago for a 4th"
In response to Reply # 0

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

select_from_where
Member since Jan 03rd 2011
4342 posts
Wed Mar-18-20 03:49 PM

2. "Said it before, when we missed on the QB, that was all she wrote"
In response to Reply # 1
Wed Mar-18-20 03:51 PM by select_from_where

that was the difference between contending and regression

now we are on the slow slope down the drain.

everything else is window dressing.

we will be selling off assets after Ryan Pace gets fired, so get ready NFL, fire sale incoming.

allStah
9816 posts
Wed Mar-18-20 05:33 PM

3. "^^100"
In response to Reply # 2

Foles is an excellent QB , but is insanely injury prone, and has broke his collarbone twice! With our oline, no way he finishes a season.

No way should we be investing in this guy. Dalton should have been the target, even though I'm not sold on him. He is healthy, is not injury prone, and is not old. I would be willing to take my chances.

And I would take my chances on Winston on a one year deal, because he is the most talented.

At the end of the day, this shit does not matter due to what we are dealing with as a human race at the moment.

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Tue Mar-24-20 07:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "Foles is an excellent QB?"
In response to Reply # 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

allStah
9816 posts
Tue Mar-24-20 09:34 AM

6. "RE: Foles is an excellent QB?"
In response to Reply # 5

There is no question about his skill. He has it all in my opinion ,but is just highly injury prone and can’t ntrust him to stay on the field.

Arm strength
Accuracy
Not a running QB, but can scramble
Is not a turn over machine
High IQ

Probably would have have went on to win a second SB had alshon not dropped the ball.

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Sat Mar-21-20 05:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "as a Foles convert (LOL) I'm not happy he's in the NFC"
In response to Reply # 1

but maybe he can succeed in this environment.

Treat him well, Chicago.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2713627 Previous topic | Next topic