Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2712040

Subject: "Anyone watch Vick 30 for 30?" Previous topic | Next topic
Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66740 posts
Mon Feb-10-20 05:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Anyone watch Vick 30 for 30?"

They got interviews with everyone.

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Anyone watch Vick 30 for 30? The
Feb 10th 2020
RE: Anyone watch Vick 30 for 30? The
Feb 10th 2020
      The same idiots are less upset with Hernandez
Feb 10th 2020
           and Zimmerman n/m
Feb 10th 2020
i caught clips
Feb 10th 2020
The first 2 hours have nothing to do with dogs
Feb 10th 2020
you can just watch part 1 pretty much
Feb 10th 2020
      But then you'd miss Tucker Carlson calling for his execution
Feb 10th 2020
           Rob Thomas seemed a little Bent
Feb 10th 2020
                Definitely was mad season for him. What a random opinion to add & seek
Feb 10th 2020
                definitely not a Smooth take
Feb 10th 2020
My uncle was his lawyer
Feb 10th 2020
That's it?
Feb 11th 2020
      I tried to get the scoop but he won’t give up the details.
Feb 11th 2020
           Damn. I didn’t know he was going to get that much air time
Feb 11th 2020
I couldn't believe they didn't mention Ronald Curry at all
Feb 11th 2020

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Mon Feb-10-20 05:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Anyone watch Vick 30 for 30? The "
In response to Reply # 0

It’s really hard for me to watch that. I refuse. My perception is that, even though it’s a documentary regarding what he has endured, and what he is still enduring, it’s in the past.

The man paid his dues. He served his time and made up for his criminal action.

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Mon Feb-10-20 06:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: Anyone watch Vick 30 for 30? The "
In response to Reply # 1

Post got cut off.

It’s really hard for me to watch that. I refuse. My perception is that, even though it’s a documentary regarding what he has endured, and what he is still enduring, it’s in the past.

The man paid his dues. He served his time and made up for his criminal actions, regardless of how horrific his actions were. And he is doing everything within his power and being to fight against violent and abusive behavior towards animals.

However, everyone is entitled to volition, so there are people who will
never forget or forgive. And some people feel that Vick and the doc does not disclose just how vicious and evil Vick was towards dogs ,and how he personally killed and tortured dogs.

One newspaper’s take:
( Vick as in Vick the documentary)
“I nonetheless felt frustrated by Vick’s unwillingness to really hold its subject to account, instead letting his apologies remain vague and by the book. Nelson documents how the authorities found eight dead dogs at Vick’s Virginia property, some of which had been drowned and hung. But Vick avoids some of the darker specifics: That the player confessed, after a failed polygraph test, that he himself had helped kill some of those dogs. Or that one dog had reportedly been killed by being slammed back and forth on the ground until its neck shattered. Or that one of the surviving dogs the police found had had all 42 of her teeth pulled out, so she wouldn’t attack the male dogs used to breed with her.”

So I see their point of view as well. But once you realize how he was saturated in that culture through his upbringing, and how that was a way of life in his community, you realize that he was trained to be violent to dogs just like he trained dogs to be violent to other dogs. No human is a natural born killer.

Ceej
66740 posts
Mon Feb-10-20 08:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "The same idiots are less upset with Hernandez "
In response to Reply # 2

jimaveli
Charter member
6603 posts
Mon Feb-10-20 08:04 PM

10. "and Zimmerman n/m"
In response to Reply # 3

>

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85051 posts
Mon Feb-10-20 09:02 AM

4. "i caught clips"
In response to Reply # 0

not really interested in the dogfighting stuff but i'd love to revisit everything before it. i pretty much grew up w/ his career as an obsessed fan back at VT. so there won't be much new in there for me.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Ceej
66740 posts
Mon Feb-10-20 09:23 AM

5. "The first 2 hours have nothing to do with dogs"
In response to Reply # 4

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Mon Feb-10-20 12:14 PM

6. "you can just watch part 1 pretty much"
In response to Reply # 4

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Ceej
66740 posts
Mon Feb-10-20 12:15 PM

7. "But then you'd miss Tucker Carlson calling for his execution "
In response to Reply # 6

ErnestLee
Member since Mar 03rd 2003
28533 posts
Mon Feb-10-20 04:08 PM

8. "Rob Thomas seemed a little Bent"
In response to Reply # 7

---------------------------------------------------------

Ceej
66740 posts
Mon Feb-10-20 04:10 PM

9. "Definitely was mad season for him. What a random opinion to add & seek"
In response to Reply # 8

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18385 posts
Mon Feb-10-20 09:14 PM

11. "definitely not a Smooth take"
In response to Reply # 8

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79493 posts
Mon Feb-10-20 10:34 PM

12. " My uncle was his lawyer "
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

blueeclipse
Member since Apr 12th 2009
1855 posts
Tue Feb-11-20 01:11 AM

13. "That's it?"
In response to Reply # 12

You not even going to add to that.....lol.

legsdiamond
79493 posts
Tue Feb-11-20 07:45 AM

14. "I tried to get the scoop but he won’t give up the details. "
In response to Reply # 13

It’s the one thing he is extremely professional about when it comes to our relationship.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

legsdiamond
79493 posts
Tue Feb-11-20 12:47 PM

15. "Damn. I didn’t know he was going to get that much air time"
In response to Reply # 14

b2thej
Member since Feb 11th 2005
9146 posts
Tue Feb-11-20 10:56 PM

16. "I couldn't believe they didn't mention Ronald Curry at all"
In response to Reply # 0

Bottom line in that Hampton/Newport News area Curry was the man. I had never heard of Vick until he was at Virginia Tech that's how much Curry was the man. Curry was the national player of the year in football and basketball. I get it's a 30 for 30 for Vick but you can't tell the early story without mentioning Curry.

PSN ID - dirty_MF_bucks

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2712040 Previous topic | Next topic