Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2710062

Subject: "I think Derrick Henry deserves to be in the MVP conversation. " Previous topic | Next topic
allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 04:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I think Derrick Henry deserves to be in the MVP conversation. "
Sun Jan-05-20 04:07 PM by allStah

This dude ran for like 200 yards in the last game of the regular season to win the rushing title , and just put up 182 yards against the pats.

He has been a beast all year long. Every week in and out running over people.

If titans win, gotta give my man mvp.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
L. Jack is the clear MVP.
Jan 05th 2020
RE: L. Jack is the clear MVP.
Jan 05th 2020
It is a clear cut choice based on the Ravens season.
Jan 05th 2020
RE: It is a clear cut choice based on the Ravens season.
Jan 05th 2020
      Let me help you out on this one!!!!!
Jan 05th 2020
           RE: Let me help you out on this one!!!!!
Jan 05th 2020
Jan 05th 2020
Jan 05th 2020
Jan 05th 2020
lj had a historically great/significant year.
Jan 05th 2020
      RE: lj had a historically great/significant year.
Jan 05th 2020
           unfortunately its pretty much the qb of the year award good brother.
Jan 05th 2020
                RE: unfortunately its pretty much the qb of the year award good brother.
Jan 05th 2020
                     RE: unfortunately its pretty much the qb of the year award good brother.
Jan 05th 2020
                          So why are you disagreeing with an actual fact?
Jan 05th 2020
                          mccaffrey would have more of a case than henry.
Jan 05th 2020
                               RE: mccaffrey would have more of a case than henry.
Jan 06th 2020
                                    fam you said if carolina had a winning record and was superbowl bound.
Jan 06th 2020
                                         RE: fam you said if carolina had a winning record and was superbowl boun...
Jan 06th 2020
                                         I can’t believe dude was able to get this much traction... lol
Jan 06th 2020
Good luck with that second part
Jan 05th 2020
Owww (c)Pete Rock
Jan 11th 2020
      lol
Jan 11th 2020
What stupid sports opinion are you infamous for?
Jan 05th 2020
RE: What stupid sports opinion are you infamous for?
Jan 05th 2020
Skip Bayless ain’t got nothin on you.
Jan 05th 2020
Next week’s game is going to be something serious.
Jan 05th 2020
That is the true matchup...
Jan 05th 2020
      Folks always try to make the matchup between 2 guys on offense.
Jan 06th 2020
           I’m surprised... didn’t think Tenn was built like this.
Jan 11th 2020
Titans offense scored 14 points
Jan 06th 2020
This isn’t true. Henry controlled that Patriots game.
Jan 06th 2020
RE: Titans offense scored 14 points
Jan 11th 2020
nah.
Jan 06th 2020
Henry ran all over them and passed better than Lamar.
Jan 11th 2020
Y’all said a runningback has to be out of this world
Jan 11th 2020
Definitely the mvp of the playoffs
Jan 12th 2020

Beezo
Charter member
27543 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 04:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "L. Jack is the clear MVP. "
In response to Reply # 0

Ravens are going to run The Titans off the field Saturday night.
End of story.

<---
Fuck a sig, my presence is enough.

allStah
9816 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 06:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: L. Jack is the clear MVP. "
In response to Reply # 1
Sun Jan-05-20 06:25 PM by allStah

I don’t think it is that clear cut based on what Henry has done....week in and week out.

We will say what takes place next week.

These are insane insane mvp numbers

1500 yards, 16 TDs, seven 100 yard games, 3 games of 180 yards or more , and one 200 yard game.

People are talking about it.

hip bopper
Member since Jun 22nd 2003
7385 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 07:27 PM

3. "It is a clear cut choice based on the Ravens season."
In response to Reply # 2

>I don’t think it is that clear cut based on what Henry has
>done....week in and week out.
>
>We will say what takes place next week.
>
>These are insane insane mvp numbers
>
>1500 yards, 16 TDs, seven 100 yard games, 3 games of 180 yards
>or more , and one 200 yard game.
>
>People are talking about it.
>

As good as Henry’s numbers are, Jackson was putting up a solid performance all season long which got his team the #1 seed. The Titans barely made the ‘offs. The only folks talking about this are you and a few others.

allStah
9816 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 07:35 PM

5. "RE: It is a clear cut choice based on the Ravens season."
In response to Reply # 3

And it was through henry that they got into the playoffs and to the next round. Just back to back to back mvp performances.

Lamar was a beast in the first half of season and just a beast in General. Henry has been a beast as well and especially in the second half of the season when games were on the line.

Dude 200 yards last week and basically another 200 yards this week, and against the Pats?

Next week’s game is going to be very interesting.

It could very well decide the MVP.

hip bopper
7385 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 07:58 PM

10. "Let me help you out on this one!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5
Sun Jan-05-20 07:59 PM by hip bopper

>And it was through henry that they got into the playoffs and
>to the next round. Just back to back to back mvp
>performances.
>
>Lamar was a beast in the first half of season and just a beast
>in General. Henry has been a beast as well and especially in
>the second half of the season when games were on the line.
>
>Dude 200 yards last week and basically another 200 yards this
>week, and against the Pats?
>
>Next week’s game is going to be very interesting.
>
>It could very well decide the MVP.

The MVP has already been decided. It doesn’t matter what happens, Jackson will win that award. Seeing that this is an award based on regular season performance. Henry on balled out for a little more than the last quarter of the season. Jackson has been literally balling all year long. 36 TD’s in the air with 7 on the ground while throwing for over 3000 yards and rushing for over 1200 yards (breaking Vick’s record for QB’s in the process) finishing amongst the top 10 rushers with another back that rushed for over 1000 yards as well.

I get it you want to make an agenda for Henry, and nobody will see this outside of the folks that post here. Meaning you a the few others that are trying to champion the cause for Henry are futile because they have been discussing Jackson as league MVP like all season long. Usually those types of players (like Henry) must win the whole damn thing. If the Titans can do that then maybe he’ll get MVP of the Super Bowl, but I seriously doubt that will happen... why? Because Tannehill is the QB who will get outplayed by Jackson this coming weekend. Have fun with your cause though.

allStah
9816 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 08:26 PM

11. "RE: Let me help you out on this one!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 10

Everything isn’t an agenda or a war, just simply talking about football and stats, regardless of how much the opinion differs.

Again, I’m not arguing about Lamar’s numbers, and the MVP could very well be wrapped up. No doubt

But from the second half of the season up until now, there has been an unbelievable push from Derrick Henry.

At least we will have something to discuss and shit talk for next week’s game...

hip bopper
7385 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 09:21 PM

14. "RE: Let me help you out on this one!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 11

>Everything isn’t an agenda or a war, just simply talking
>about football and stats, regardless of how much the opinion
>differs.
>

You say it’s not about an agenda, but you are the ONLY PERSON I have heard saying that Henry deserves MVP consideration.

>Again, I’m not arguing about Lamar’s numbers, and the MVP
>could very well be wrapped up. No doubt
>
>But from the second half of the season up until now, there has
>been an unbelievable push from Derrick Henry.
>

This wouldn’t be a conversation if Wilson didn’t have those late season loses.

>At least we will have something to discuss and shit talk for
>next week’s game...
>

Not really... even if the Titans beat the Ravens the MVP will still go to Jackson. I will admit that he finished strong with 5 of the last 6 games that he was in he rushed for 100+ yards.

What you have to acknowledge is this... Jackson was clearly the best at his position this year. Henry I can’t say was the best at his position. I would still have to slot him behind Chubb and McCaffrey.

allStah
9816 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 10:11 PM

18. "RE: Let me help you out on this one!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 14

Chubb and Mccaffery are great backs, but they lack the ability to carry a team to victory, even when the other team knows they are going to get the ball on almost every play. Those two backs can't do that. Henry can. that is the difference. Titans put the ball in his hand in every game to go and win the game, and they did it yesterday against the PATS. A team that hasn't given up 100yards to a rusher in quite some time, and they stuffed Chubb. Chubb is great, but he aint even on the same level with what Henry is doing. Henry is not only putting up numbers, but he is right out on his own winning ball games

Christian puts up number as a rusher and receiver, but due to his size you can't pound the defense with him on every down. He is an outstanding RB, but he can't power your team to victory. Carolina should be way better than what they are considering Christian is 1000/1000 running back.

Henry is running over LBs, Safeties, CB's etc, because he is just big and fast, and even 8 in the box or zero blitz can stop him.

It's Like Jackson,everyone knows he is going to have the ball and run with it, but they still can't stop him. Henry is doing the same thing.

And your Russell Wilson scenario proves my point. Russell was up there with Lamar in the first half of the season, but then he fell off in the second half. Henry rose up in the second half of the season. That is what I'm saying.

MVPs carry their teams to victory and are unstoppable......That is what we are seeing from Henry.

Lamar may very well win MVP....But what Henry is doing is some super hero shit right now,and he is doing it when and where it matters.

peace.

hip bopper
7385 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 11:31 PM

21. "RE: Let me help you out on this one!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 18

While it might be true that McCaffrey won’t win games for you, I know that Chubb can. He was doing that his rookie year. Kitchens was terrible and didn’t know what he was doing. If they get a competent coach then Chubb will be back to winning games for the Browns like he was in his rookie season.

Let’s get this clear regarding Russell Wilson. He dropped out of the MVP race solely because they lost some key games down the stretch. They still finished with a better record than the Titans and they didn’t have to play down to the wire just to get in.

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 07:43 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "lj had a historically great/significant year."
In response to Reply # 2

henry had a very good year for a running back. but technically not even statistically great compared to the 2000 rushing yd, 20+ td, and/or 1000 rushing and receiving yd type rbs throughout history.

i dont wanna minimize what henry did cuz he doesnt get his due credit compared to tannehill. but lj was otherworldly this year. he even made mahomes look second tier lol.

allStah
9816 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 07:52 PM

9. "RE: lj had a historically great/significant year."
In response to Reply # 7
Sun Jan-05-20 07:54 PM by allStah

I feel you. Lamar has had a great year, and he is deserving of MVP. No doubt.

All I’m saying is Henry is the titans and has carried this team since day one, even going back to the end of last year.

If Henry carries this team all the way to the super bowl, and continues to run for close to 200 yards throughout, as a voter, it would be difficult for me to give it to Lamar...

Too me MVP is a whole body of work from the beginning of the season to the end of the super bowl.

Reeq
16347 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 09:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "unfortunately its pretty much the qb of the year award good brother."
In response to Reply # 9

you gotta put up video game stats at another position to win it.

hip bopper
7385 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 09:48 PM

17. "RE: unfortunately its pretty much the qb of the year award good brother."
In response to Reply # 16

>you gotta put up video game stats at another position to win
>it.
>

This is the ultimate truth. You have to have a Peterson (who won MVP), Megatron (who didn’t win), Sapp or Donald type of year (neither of them won) in order to win league MVP. The only thing going for Henry is that if a QB doesn’t win the award that year, then it does go to the top RB that year, but that ain’t gonna happen.

allStah
9816 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 10:16 PM

19. "RE: unfortunately its pretty much the qb of the year award good brother."
In response to Reply # 17
Sun Jan-05-20 10:25 PM by allStah

Actually I don't agree with this.....because if Carolina had a winning record and looked super bowl bound, they would be pushing him for MVP and making all kinds of exceptions about his 2 position ability.....even though you can't put the ball in his hands to win games.

Henry is doing some Jim Brown shit out there. give me the ball and ending games with his legs.

not stat padding....

hip bopper
7385 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 11:08 PM

20. "So why are you disagreeing with an actual fact?"
In response to Reply # 19

It is true that you have to have a year that’s off the charts as a non QB to win MVP. I just gave you a few examples of players that actually should have won league MVP (minus Peterson who actually won), but didn’t. There are others players at other positions that could’ve won the award as well but didn’t. You aren’t going to beat a QB out for the MVP if said QB had a phenomenal year. That’s what we’ve seen the past couple of seasons.

Reeq
16347 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 11:49 PM

22. "mccaffrey would have more of a case than henry."
In response to Reply # 19

he did something only 2 other players in history have done.

just to put things in perspective...derrick henry just had the 70th best rushing season of all time.

allStah
9816 posts
Mon Jan-06-20 12:10 AM

23. "RE: mccaffrey would have more of a case than henry."
In response to Reply # 22
Mon Jan-06-20 12:15 AM by allStah

That's not MVP though. That's stat padding, no different than Harden. But when it comes to winning games and getting major victories, that's kawhi.

I just think what Henry is actually doing is getting severely overlooked with padded stats.

Since the second half of the season, Henry is taking the ball and winning and securing games ....all by himself. Isn't that what MVPs are supposed to do? Christian can't do that.

What Christian is doing is Most Outstanding Offensive Player, but not MVP, going out there and WINNING games for his team.

Lamar is putting up numbers and winning games for the Ravens....so no argument there.

But Christian over Henry? No. This man just went out there and snatched the rushing title, secured a playoff berth, ran over the pats and advanced to the next round in a one week time frame!

Do you understand what this man is doing, bro? MVPs win you ball games, like Lamar, like Wilson, like Henry

come on, fam.

Reeq
16347 posts
Mon Jan-06-20 12:33 AM

24. "fam you said if carolina had a winning record and was superbowl bound."
In response to Reply # 23

which means mccaffrey was winning games.

i said in that scenario he would have a better case than henry because what he did was way more historically significant than what henry did (something that is important for non-qb mvp candidates).

its really not debatable. thats the way things have been.

derrick henry basically had as good of a season as stephen jackson or clinton portis had.

allStah
9816 posts
Mon Jan-06-20 01:34 AM

25. "RE: fam you said if carolina had a winning record and was superbowl boun..."
In response to Reply # 24
Mon Jan-06-20 01:34 AM by allStah

my bad. You right. I see. You were responding to the hypothesis of Christian winning games.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79349 posts
Mon Jan-06-20 08:44 AM

27. "I can’t believe dude was able to get this much traction... lol"
In response to Reply # 24

Ain’t no way Henry wins this award or comes close unless these reporters still won’t admit they were wrong about Lamar.

That’s shit is going to be a landslide.

Henry May get a vote from a reporter in Tenn but that’s about it.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85002 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 07:47 PM

8. "Good luck with that second part"
In response to Reply # 1

Y’all might win but ain’t nobody running us off the field

<--- Big Baller World Order

Dstl1
Charter member
56192 posts
Sat Jan-11-20 10:31 PM

31. "Owww (c)Pete Rock"
In response to Reply # 1

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Reeq
16347 posts
Sat Jan-11-20 10:39 PM

33. "lol"
In response to Reply # 31

isaaaa
Member since May 10th 2007
30565 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 07:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "What stupid sports opinion are you infamous for?"
In response to Reply # 0

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg

¨Your mother is Colin Powell¨ - Lurkmode

www.Tupreme.com

allStah
9816 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 07:39 PM

6. "RE: What stupid sports opinion are you infamous for?"
In response to Reply # 4

If you disagree, just disagree bro and state your argument and stats

Just saying Henry has MVP numbers and has carried his team to the playoffs and for the whole season.

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 08:30 PM

12. "Skip Bayless ain’t got nothin on you. "
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

allStah
9816 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 09:07 PM

13. "Next week’s game is going to be something serious."
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Jan-05-20 09:08 PM by allStah

Derrick Henry vs LJ

Who will put up the illest madden numbers?

And who will advance?

We shall see.

hip bopper
7385 posts
Sun Jan-05-20 09:28 PM

15. "That is the true matchup..."
In response to Reply # 13

it’s really going to be between Henry and Ingram vs. the respective defenses. The whole x-factor in all of this will be Jackson. Tannehill is an afterthought which should work well for him because no one is expecting much from him.

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Mon Jan-06-20 08:41 AM

26. "Folks always try to make the matchup between 2 guys on offense. "
In response to Reply # 15

It’s really about the star on offense vs the defense and how they match up.

While Tenn has balled out with Henry on the ground we have seen this play out before. Rarely does the number 1 seed come out and stink things up. They usually come out and bet the crap out of the team and then everyone makes excuses instead of keeping it real when it comes to these teams on a bye.

On any given Sunday is real af but I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if this is a blowout.

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Sat Jan-11-20 10:37 PM

32. "I’m surprised... didn’t think Tenn was built like this. "
In response to Reply # 26

will_5198
Charter member
63075 posts
Mon Jan-06-20 09:13 AM

28. "Titans offense scored 14 points"
In response to Reply # 0

running backs don't win games in the NFL. Patriots moved the ball better, they just didn't execute in the red-zone (1-for-3).

--------

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Mon Jan-06-20 03:33 PM

30. "This isn’t true. Henry controlled that Patriots game. "
In response to Reply # 28
Mon Jan-06-20 03:34 PM by legsdiamond

Pats were first and goal at the 1 and couldn’t run it in.

Delvin Cook walked all over the Saints early which set up the play action

RB’s can still win games. The problem is the NFL is a copycat league. “It’s a passing league” and as soon as everyone changed to stop the pass Baltimore comes out and runs it down folks throats and teams aren’t built to stop it.

But you have to move heaven and earth to win the MVP as a RB.

allStah
9816 posts
Sat Jan-11-20 10:41 PM

34. "RE: Titans offense scored 14 points"
In response to Reply # 28

You always surprised...quit following favorites all the time and being late to the party.

tariqhu
Charter member
17861 posts
Mon Jan-06-20 02:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
29. "nah. "
In response to Reply # 0

he's a great back and I'm glad to see his success (bama fan here), but this award aint his. numbers aren't strong enough.

yes, he's carrying the team, along with their defense. but this is a numbers award.

I'm just glad they're using him like they should instead of how they were when he first got there.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

allStah
9816 posts
Sat Jan-11-20 10:43 PM

35. "Henry ran all over them and passed better than Lamar."
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Jan-11-20 10:44 PM by allStah

My dude even threw a TD

They all worried about Henry.

8 yards a carry!

allStah
9816 posts
Sat Jan-11-20 11:33 PM

36. "Y’all said a runningback has to be out of this world "
In response to Reply # 0

400 yard the past 2 games. Dude has basically run for 200 yards in three straight games back to the last game of the season.

And he played QB!

Give him the mvp! Yeah I said it.

legsdiamond
79349 posts
Sun Jan-12-20 07:50 AM

37. "Definitely the mvp of the playoffs "
In response to Reply # 36

but he isn’t winning the mvp unless guys change their vote after watching last night.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2710062 Previous topic | Next topic