Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2706450

Subject: "Cleveland Browns e-gangbanging on fans..." Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Nov-04-19 09:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Cleveland Browns e-gangbanging on fans..."

https://www.tmz.com/2019/11/04/jermaine-whitehead-cut-by-cleveland-browns-after-social-media-threats/?

CLEVELAND BROWNS
CUT JERMAINE WHITEHEAD
For Threatening To 'Kill' Fans

The Cleveland Browns just cut 26-year-old safety Jermaine Whitehead -- after the guy threatened to shoot, kill and fight several fans on social media after the Browns lost on Sunday.

Whitehead was getting clowned on social media for his lack of tackling and the overall terribleness of the Browns, when he lashed back on Twitter,

"Imma kill you bitch ... that's on blood," he told one guy.

"Don't get shot at lil bitch ... can you whoop my ass .. .f*ck football .. let me know when you need the address," he told another.

When one fan asked for Whitehead's address, the NFL player gave out the address to the Cleveland Browns facility in Ohio.

Twitter immediately suspended Whitehead's account over the threat -- in fact, it was suspended before he even left the locker room.

And, yeah ... as you could imagine, the Browns were PISSED too -- issuing a statement condemning Jermaine's actions.

"Jermaine Whitehead's social media posts following today's game were totally unacceptable and highly inappropriate," a Browns spokesperson said. "We immediately spoke with Jermaine upon learning of these comments. The Browns in no way condone that type of language or behavior. This matter will be further addressed internally."

Whitehead apologized ... but it was too late to save his job.

"I do apologize for my performance, but having a broke hand and a strong fear of letting my team down is my downfall," Whitehead said.

"Whatever happens happens. Ain trippin. They probably gone still talk crazy but this me getting smoke off my chest. I don't need one like.. this from me to me! Keep ya head up homie, can't nobody f*ck with you. I dare em to try."

The Browns lost to the Denver Broncos on Sunday in a 24-19 disaster.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Social media in some ways is the worst things to happen to celebs
Nov 04th 2019
I agree but it works both ways, social media gives people...
Nov 04th 2019
there's pluses and minuses
Nov 05th 2019
when keeping it real goes wrong
Nov 05th 2019

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8749 posts
Mon Nov-04-19 08:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Social media in some ways is the worst things to happen to celebs"
In response to Reply # 0

Like if this happened 15 years ago, he'd hear about some rando calling on talk radio and just get upset and talk to his boys. Maybe he'd take it out on his opponent the next week.

Now, he's trying to relax after a tough loss and while the adreneline is still in his system he's gotta exercise self-control and out of reflex goes off on some guy on Twitter with 150 followers. I can't fault him for getting upset but sometimes immediate gratification is a bad thing.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Nov-04-19 10:53 PM

2. "I agree but it works both ways, social media gives people..."
In response to Reply # 1

electronic courage.

Would he have been so quick to threaten to shoot or kill a heckling fan offline?

Kungset
Member since Mar 29th 2004
6426 posts
Tue Nov-05-19 06:26 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "there's pluses and minuses"
In response to Reply # 1

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/presents18969358/tinderization-today-nba

One general manager calls it the "Tinderization of the NBA."

"Tin-der-i-za-tion," he repeats, "like the dating app. No need to go to the clubs all night anymore."

Indeed, various apps have done for sex in the NBA what Amazon has done for books. One no longer needs to leave home to find a party. The party now comes to you. And lifestyle judgments aside, the NBA road life is simply more efficient -- and less taxing -- when there aren't open hours spent trolling clubs.

"It's absolutely true that you get at least two hours more sleep getting laid on the road today versus 15 years ago," says one former All-Star, who adds that players actually prefer Instagram to Tinder when away from home. "No schmoozing. No going out to the club. No having to get something to eat after the club but before the hotel."

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18635 posts
Tue Nov-05-19 05:15 PM

3. "when keeping it real goes wrong "
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2706450 Previous topic | Next topic