Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2704961

Subject: "Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs Artur Beterbiev | ESPN | Friday 10-18-19" Previous topic | Next topic
Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14015 posts
Fri Oct-18-19 08:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs Artur Beterbiev | ESPN | Friday 10-18-19"

We're looking at an amazing fight here on paper.
Top guy at light heavyweight vs Top 5 guy.
Unification bout
Ukraine vs Russia
Gvozdyk is WBC champ, but he was beaten in the amateurs via 2nd round KO by Beterbiev, who is the IBF champ.
Gvozdyk is trained by the legendary Teddy Atlas. Beterbiev is just a fucking animal.
Gvozdyk won his belt by KO'ing long-reigning champion Adonis Stevenson in the 11th round. Stevenson subsequently spent some time in a coma, but has recovered.
Gvozdyk is 17-0 w/ 14 KO's
Beterbiev is 14-0 w/ 14 KO's

Don't miss this one.
October is GREAT for boxing. On the 26th, we have Regis Prograis vs Josh Taylor AND Shakur Stevenson vs Joet Gonzalez... on the same fucking day! Oh the excitement. Erickson Lubin also fights Nathaniel Gallimore on that day as he rebuilds his way back to title contention.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
So like I said... Beterbiev is a fucking animal.
Oct 19th 2019
Agreed
Oct 19th 2019
Unification with Dmitry Bivol highly likely
Oct 19th 2019

Boogie Stimuli
14015 posts
Sat Oct-19-19 01:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "So like I said... Beterbiev is a fucking animal. "
In response to Reply # 0

10th round stoppage after 3 knockdowns.
It's almost impossible to "box" against this guy. He came forward all night regardless of what he got hit with, those body shots were nasty, he doesn't allow you to clinch, and he doesn't load up on his shots. Really hard fighter to fight and I really enjoy his performances. Gvozdyk is really good, and Beterbiev just made dude look gradually overwhelmed until he couldn't take anymore.

If you missed this one, catch the replay. Great fight.

~
~
~
~
~

Mgmt
Member since Feb 17th 2005
21496 posts
Sat Oct-19-19 07:40 PM

2. "Agreed"
In response to Reply # 1

Vicious body shots for sure.

Boogie Stimuli
14015 posts
Sat Oct-19-19 11:42 PM

3. "Unification with Dmitry Bivol highly likely"
In response to Reply # 0

Man, this Light Heavyweight division is looking fantastic. I really hope Canelo takes an L against Kovalev, because dude will hold up another division just like he's been doing at middleweight if he wins.

But I digress...

Bivol called for the winner of Gvozdyk vs Beterbiev after his fight a couple of weeks ago. Beterbiev said he wants that smoke, and Eddie Hearn said he'd let his fighter (Bivol) fight on ESPN... which makes sense, because Bob Arum just allowed Jose Ramirez to fight Hooker on DAZN in unification fight. This division is on fire right now since these eastern European champions have finally decided to fight one another.

As for the Beterbiev vs Bivol fight, I think it'll be more difficult to KO Bivol, because he's very defensive-minded, stays safe, and is comfortable winning by decision (which got him booed after his last fight, actually). Beterbiev has now won all 15 of his fights by KO, but his pressure is relentless and can win rounds. We'll definitely see what Bivol is made of if he gets in there with Beterbiev. Artur's not letting dudes run around the ring on him. You gonna have to show some dog.

~
~
~
~
~

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2704961 Previous topic | Next topic