Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2704100

Subject: "GGG vs Derevyanchenko | DAZN | 10.5.19" Previous topic | Next topic
Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14014 posts
Sat Oct-05-19 04:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"GGG vs Derevyanchenko | DAZN | 10.5.19"

I was gonna let Shields vs Habazin have this day to themselves, but since niggas done went and fucked that up....

GGG will be facing Sergiy Derevyanchenko today as well.
This is the guy who was his mandatory before the 2nd Canelo fight. GGG chose skip out on this fight and LOST HIS BELT because of it. As fate would have it, this fight is for that same belt, which is now vacant.

Danny Jacobs beat Derevyanchenko for the belt after GGG was stripped. Canelo then beat Jacobs for the belt. Canelo was then stripped for not facing Derevyanchenko. You'd think Derevyanchenko was some kind of killer. He's a decent boxer (alias is "The Technician"), but he was beaten by Jacobs and doesn't have great power. He's actually about equal to Jacobs in threat level imo and trained by the same guy. Some ppl also claim he was asking for too much money to face Canelo. Who knows.

GGG and Derevyanchenko know one another from the amateurs. I felt GGG may have vacated that belt because he know Derevyanchenko could possibly pull out an upset and jeopardize his money fight.

Should be an interesting matchup.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
After 6, this is a war
Oct 05th 2019
They robbed the fuck outta Derevyanchenko
Oct 05th 2019
GGG looked old as shit. He should hang it up
Oct 06th 2019

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Sat Oct-05-19 10:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "After 6, this is a war"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Oct-05-19 10:23 PM by Boogie Stimuli

Derevyanchenko fell in the 1st
But he's mounted a STRONG comeback, turning GGG, excellent footwork, hurt GGG to the body, and the ref saved GGG from getting knocked down in the 5th.

~
~
~
~
~

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Sat Oct-05-19 10:51 PM

2. "They robbed the fuck outta Derevyanchenko"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Oct-05-19 10:53 PM by Boogie Stimuli

They gave GGG a unanimous decision. Smh.
This is the kind of decision that turns people off from boxing. Derevyanchenko put on a clinic.
DAZN wants to be the platform for the GGG/Canelo trilogy, so they had to give it to GGG. This is embarrassing.

~
~
~
~
~

Kungset
Member since Mar 29th 2004
6426 posts
Sun Oct-06-19 01:46 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "GGG looked old as shit. He should hang it up"
In response to Reply # 0

And go out knowing he beat Canelo at least once. If they fight again, Canelo is ripping his body up even worse than this dude did

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2704100 Previous topic | Next topic