Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2703728

Subject: "Farewell, King Felix Hernandez." Previous topic | Next topic
PROMO
Charter member
30953 posts
Thu Sep-26-19 11:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Farewell, King Felix Hernandez."

In this era of deep analytics, hopefully that's good enough to get you into the HOF, because you deserve to be there.

I respect the loyalty you showed the city. In an era where that's uncommon, it was cool to be a part of.

That said, there's a piece of me that wishes you hadn't been so loyal. The M's waste a STELLAR career.

I hope you leave the M's now and latch on as a late season add to a title contender. You never got to pitch in a playoff game and you deserve that. You deserve a lot more but you deserve that at minimum.

Your reign has ended.

LONG LIVE THE KING!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I used to despise it when the A's opened against Seattle
Sep 27th 2019
okay, i wasn't sure about the roster rules.
Sep 27th 2019
Honestly I think he's pitched his last game
Sep 27th 2019
      Kluber winning that was the biggest horseshit ever.
Sep 27th 2019
Viva el rrrrrrrrrrrrrrey. Emotional scene on the mound there
Sep 27th 2019
one of my favorite pitchers of his generation
Sep 27th 2019

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44713 posts
Fri Sep-27-19 02:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I used to despise it when the A's opened against Seattle"
In response to Reply # 0

Because I knew that meant we were going to open the season with a loss against King Felix.

What was even worse were those (seemingly) many years that we'd open the season in Japan, then open again in Oakland. Because that meant we were losing two out of the first four.

Helluva pitcher. And honestly, it's been a trip to see him be so mortal these last few years after watching him be so fucking good.

And I wouldn't count on him leaving and resigning with a play-off contender during the last three days of the season. And even if he did, he wouldn't be eligible for a team's play-off roster.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

PROMO
Charter member
30953 posts
Fri Sep-27-19 10:18 AM

2. "okay, i wasn't sure about the roster rules."
In response to Reply # 1

in that case. he needs to go off and get as healthy as he can and then sign with a contender next season.

it's just nagging injuries that have made him so mortal these last 4 years (and, I also think, a stubborn-ness to adjust his style and rely on his finesse stuff more...he still wants to be a flame thrower during a lot of outings and he just can't).

it's crazy he still has a 3.5 career ERA when his average ERA over the last 4 years is about 5.2.

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Fri Sep-27-19 03:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Honestly I think he's pitched his last game"
In response to Reply # 1

If he wants to go through the rigmarole of minor-league contracts and tryouts and shit, sure, teams will give him shots. But if not I doubt anyone will sign him to a legit contract. He's been trending in the wrong direction and this season and last were particularly bad.

Even if so, he's got nothing left to prove. Perfect game. Cy Young plus two more second-place finishes (I thought he should have gotten it over Kleuber in 2014).

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

PROMO
Charter member
30953 posts
Fri Sep-27-19 05:00 PM

6. "Kluber winning that was the biggest horseshit ever."
In response to Reply # 5

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Fri Sep-27-19 02:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Viva el rrrrrrrrrrrrrrey. Emotional scene on the mound there"
In response to Reply # 0

That's my guy, like you I hope the HOF recognizes his peak but I'm not well-versed enough to say if they will or not. He had an amazing career. Respect due to the King, another Cardenales de Lara alumnus who made it big in the majors.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

HecticHavoc
Member since May 13th 2005
7591 posts
Fri Sep-27-19 03:17 PM

4. "one of my favorite pitchers of his generation"
In response to Reply # 0

saw him pitch a few times in person.

-----------------------------------------

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2703728 Previous topic | Next topic