Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2701504

Subject: "So I was caught sleeping and saw Champ Bailey got a gold jacket" Previous topic | Next topic
Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Mon Aug-05-19 12:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"So I was caught sleeping and saw Champ Bailey got a gold jacket"

Salute to the man who gave us one of the GOAT highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkQYYryr3Vg

BTW, that game was one of my favorite Cheatriots dismantlings outside of the 2 Eagles ether games

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
One of my favorite players ever
Aug 05th 2019
He had what might've been the GOAT HOF speech...
Aug 06th 2019
he and Ed (and Randy, last year) really using that platform
Aug 07th 2019
that's dope
Aug 19th 2019
RE: So I was caught sleeping and saw Champ Bailey got a gold jacket
Aug 19th 2019
it is, but I always think of Champ with them Tecmo Bowl sound effects
Aug 19th 2019

smutsboy
Member since Jun 29th 2002
33301 posts
Mon Aug-05-19 08:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "One of my favorite players ever"
In response to Reply # 0

Him and Ed Reed going in together is great.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Aug-06-19 08:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "He had what might've been the GOAT HOF speech..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LP3OQkU0Ec

cliff notes:

“Tonight, I thanked many people who supported my career and many of you are my closest friends,” Bailey said. “Some of you are also considered experts of the game as much as I am. Out of the people I mentioned tonight, most of you are black men. My brothers. Some of you are athletes and some of you are non-athletes, but we are all black men first. It’s something we have more expertise in than any aspect of our lives. I’m a firm believer that if you want to create change, you better start with your friends and your family. So I’m starting here today.

“The first thing people see when they look at me is not a Pro Football Hall of Famer or a husband or a father. They view me first as a black man. So, on behalf of all the black men that I mentioned tonight, and many more out there who’ve had the same experiences that I’ve had in my lifetime, we say this to all of our white friends: When we tell you about our fears, please listen. When we tell you we’re afraid for our kids, please listen. When we tell you there are many challenges we face because of the color of our skin, please listen. And please don’t get caught up in how the message is delivered. Yes, most of us are athletes, but we are black men first. Understand this. Things that make us great on the field, like our size and our aggression, are the same things that can get us killed off the field.

“I believe if we start listening, there’s no telling the progress we can make. All of us are dads, sons, brothers, your friends. We all understand that if we can’t get our friends to listen, then no one will. And to my black brothers, if you do not have anything positive to say about our social challenges, please keep your mouth shut.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/08/03/broncos-champ-bailey-race-relations-speech/

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Wed Aug-07-19 11:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "he and Ed (and Randy, last year) really using that platform"
In response to Reply # 2

that's what's up.

L_O_Quent
Charter member
15348 posts
Mon Aug-19-19 06:40 AM

4. "that's dope"
In response to Reply # 2

The offspring :-D

PSN & XBL: LOQuent

Oakley
Charter member
7810 posts
Mon Aug-19-19 09:03 AM

5. "RE: So I was caught sleeping and saw Champ Bailey got a gold jacket"
In response to Reply # 0

i mean isn't that really more a Ben Watson play

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Mon Aug-19-19 01:43 PM

6. "it is, but I always think of Champ with them Tecmo Bowl sound effects"
In response to Reply # 5

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2701504 Previous topic | Next topic