Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2701495

Subject: "Dearest Wiz fans...if there is any of ya'll left. We need to discuss:" Previous topic | Next topic
B.J.S.301
Member since Nov 30th 2005
7074 posts
Mon Aug-05-19 10:53 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Dearest Wiz fans...if there is any of ya'll left. We need to discuss:"

Ted Leonsis and all of his changes.

First off...We've barely discussed Ernie being fired. T'was a glorious day.

But damn if that search didn't take for gotdamn ever. Sheesh.

First Tim Connelly....Nah...

Then Masai Ujiri........We don't know what you're talking about.

Tommy Sheppard? Yeah, that's who we wanted all along, says Ted.

Then all of the hires after Tommy:

JT3, Dean Oliver, Sashi Brown? A football guy?

Ted's claim: We're trying to be revolutionary and set new trends.............................yeah right, ok.

Meanwhile the team has signed Ishmael Smith, Isaiah Thomas and CJ Miles. And CJ Miles has been diagnosed with a broken foot. Seems like the same ol Wiz to me. But we shall see....

What ya'll think? Ya'll like Hachimura? Troy Brown Jr? Thomas Bryant? Think Brad gone sign this extension? What say you bout this offseason?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Maaaan...........
Aug 05th 2019
Hachimura might surprise us.
Aug 05th 2019
      Hachimura is a project but they have nothing but time.
Aug 06th 2019
           The Wall/Beal era is dead?
Aug 07th 2019

WarriorPoet415
Member since Sep 30th 2003
17895 posts
Mon Aug-05-19 02:13 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Maaaan..........."
In response to Reply # 0

I forsee us being a lottery team for at least two years.

Shepard seems okay but I guess we'll see. I dunno why we didn't actually swing for the fences with Masai, especially after Kawhi left Toronto. The whole stance we took on that was kinda wack.

According to social media, Wall is working extremely hard to get back. If we get 85% of his old self, I think that's the best that can be expected.

I hope Beal does sign the extension, otherwise this season is just going to be be sharks (other teams) circling in the water every time he has a good game.

And on a random note, I'm glad the boards are back because the Wiz FB groups are full of nothing but trash takes and half-assed trade ideas.

As for Hachimura. Meh. I'm wait and see on him.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.

B.J.S.301
7074 posts
Mon Aug-05-19 04:24 PM

2. "Hachimura might surprise us. "
In response to Reply # 1

I thought his defense was decent in summer league. But summer league is not the regular season but from what I have seen, I'm liking...not loving his game.

Wiz are definitely gonna suck with no John around. He seems to be in good spirits though and wants the best for Brad. He already got paid so if he focuses less on his goals and more on the team, may be different. Who knows though.

I will say this though, this is make or break for Brooks. Good thing is that he's pretty good with developing young talent. He's still below average as a coach and has been blessed with a lot of great talent to coach.

I don't have FB anymore. I can't imagine even talking sports on there. That just seems like a horrible time.....like listening to callers on a sports talk show. Just terrible. I too am glad this board is back on.

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Tue Aug-06-19 03:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Hachimura is a project but they have nothing but time."
In response to Reply # 2

Even though 21 is older than most prospects and certainly most top 10 picks, his learning curve is going to be steeper than a lot of 19-year-olds. I really like the potential for his game though and I think by year 3 he will be an impact player. The Wiz should be wallowing in lotto land in the meantime and adding more talent. The Wall-Beal era is dead, I think, and the sooner they can move on the better. Obviously they should take their time making any move with Beal but yeah I think the writing is on the wall. Time for a total rebuild with this new group.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

B.J.S.301
7074 posts
Wed Aug-07-19 09:27 AM

4. "The Wall/Beal era is dead?"
In response to Reply # 3

Tell that to Ted. Ted riding this out as long as he possibly can. He trying to make another go with those two.

It really pisses me off that they didn't trade Brad to the Clips. Would have gotten a major haul there. I hear folks saying Brad's value is gonna go higher but I dunno about that. I don't see any other team with the assets to make for a good rebuild.

I agree overall with Hachimura though. He's a project but I feel like he will turn out to be a good investment. Troy Brown Jr though is at best a fringe starter if he doesn't fix his shooting.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2701495 Previous topic | Next topic