Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2699230

Subject: "Warriors off-season post" Previous topic | Next topic
mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44709 posts
Fri Jun-14-19 12:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Warriors off-season post"

So, again, that sucked. Time to move on.

Anyone celebrating that the "dynasty is over" watches too much First Take. We'll be back. Next year is going to be a challenge even if everything goes "right" in the off-season. But we'll likely be in good position for the future.

Of course, the main priority is resigning Klay and KD. All indications have Klay staying, so not worried about that. Who knows how long he'll be out next season, but ensuring he's on the team long-term in paramount. And the plan is to offer him the five-year max.

Been saying it all season (shoot, for years), KD is staying. Still feel awful for the guy, but the team plans on rewarding him with a five-year max deal, and they can afford to have him sit out for the year. The only real comp are the Knicks, who can also afford to sit him for a year, since they're not going to be the good next season regardless.

I like Cousins. I feel bad for the guy because of his injury during the first, which factored into him playing inconsistent during the finals. Wouldn't have either of our finals wins without him. And, honestly, wouldn't mind him back for the MLE, which I don't think is even ***that*** much of a stretch to happen. If other teams just offer him a one-year deal to "prove himself," he might as well re-up with us for a year. However, if someone offers him a big contract, vaya con dios.

Next priorities are Looney and Cook. Looney's a tough sumbitch, and even earlier in the play-offs the word was the Warriors were working on signing him to an extension. He certainly played himself into a big contract during the regular season and the play-offs. Resigning Cook is also pretty important. He was off and on during the play-offs, but he's the perfect back-up PG for the team. And he's really good friends from KD.

The next interesting cases are Iggy and Livingston, the remaining two of the three wise men. They're both on the last year of their deals. Iggy dealt with injuries all play-offs, so sometimes he looked like "Play-Off Iggy" (like last night) and other times he looked hurt. Livingston looked done during the regular season, but bounced back a bit during the play-offs, especially during the Houston series. There might be a world where the Warriors try to move either or both as expiring deals to get a little younger. The thing is, both are beloved by the organization. Especially Iggy, who ownership acknowledges was an integral part to building the team's culture. So they might be both be back.

I like McKinnie and would like him back. We'll see if anyone else offers him anything else beyond league minimum.

Damian Jones will be back. They hope he'll make a Looney-like leap next season and become a bigger part of the rotation.

Bogut probably goes back to Australia. Wouldn't mind him as a back-up center if they need a third big man.

Jordan Bell? Um... yeah. They'll be okay with him testing the market to see if anyone will sign him, and if not, **maybe** bring him back. But he's like the last roster spot type of signing for the Warriors.

So, yeah, remaining cautiously optimistic, even with the injuries and question-marks. Next year **might** be a retooling season, but I still think we make the play-offs. And depending on when and if certain players recover, we have a solid chance at making a push. Thinking this is over is dumb.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I see you didn't address Draymond's impending free agency next summer...
Jun 14th 2019
The line has always been they’ll pay whatever luxury tax it takes
Jun 14th 2019
      RE: The line has always been they’ll pay whatever luxury tax it takes
Jun 14th 2019
Y’all ain’t winning shit next year
Jun 14th 2019
Thank you for your valuable insight.
Jun 14th 2019
      Fat lady hit all the high notes
Jul 01st 2019
Can the Warriors develop solid role players?
Jun 14th 2019
I mean, that’s what Draymond is. And what Looney’s becoming.
Jun 14th 2019
Finna miss the playoff if Donkey doesn't report to camp in '16 shape
Jun 14th 2019
Man, y'all still had a great year. First, fire that security guard
Jun 15th 2019
Well, vaya con Dios, KD. Thanks for the memories
Jun 30th 2019
RE: Well, vaya con Dios, KD. Thanks for the memories
Jun 30th 2019
      Yes, I was.I knew he wasn’t going to the Knicks or either LA team
Jun 30th 2019
KD sign and trade in play?
Jun 30th 2019
RE: KD sign and trade in play?
Jun 30th 2019
Vaya con dios, Iggy. Welcome to the team, D'Angelo
Jul 01st 2019
Pretty savvy move on their part. DLo might go berserk up there
Jul 01st 2019
Swaggy P is long gone, so they should be okay.
Jul 01st 2019
      RE: Swaggy P is long gone, so they should be okay.
Jul 01st 2019
           RE: Swaggy P is long gone, so they should be okay.
Jul 01st 2019
           LOL
Jul 02nd 2019
D'Angelo needs to continue to improve
Jul 01st 2019
He's young and other upswing
Jul 01st 2019
Word. Losing Iggy sucks more...
Jul 01st 2019
It's Stein who's banging the "He's going to be traded!" drum
Jul 01st 2019
      FWIW i thought Poole was the best of the bunch from Michigan
Jul 01st 2019
Poor dubs! Only 4 All-Stars now!?!? Bwahahahahah. NO EXCUSES!!!
Jul 01st 2019
Lmao. It’s over
Jul 01st 2019
Yep Iggy coming was our turning point
Jul 02nd 2019
"There was never any doubt." Klay accepts max deal.
Jul 01st 2019
Warriors re-signing Looney makes me incredibly happy
Jul 02nd 2019
people still mad at us in the off season LOL
Jul 02nd 2019
Why would anyone be mad at you guys this offseason?
Jul 02nd 2019
yet you're in here. in our off season post
Jul 02nd 2019
      Huh? Y’all just lost KD and Iggy... of course I will be in here
Jul 02nd 2019
           this is the offseason post
Jul 03rd 2019
                Imma stop messing with you. Clearly you are still hurt.
Jul 03rd 2019
                     Lol you broke into his clubhouse without the password
Aug 03rd 2019
                          fascinating you still care this much... control F me in a buckeyes post
Sep 18th 2019
Its over, nobody cares. I’m glad you guys took DLo so we wouldn’t
Jul 02nd 2019
same.. glad we didn't walk away from KD with nothin
Jul 02nd 2019
Y'all still got FOUR ALL STARS, one 2-TIME MVP!! NO EXCUSES!!
Jul 02nd 2019
      if we don't win next year our three rings are negated
Jul 03rd 2019
Signed Cauley-Stein and Glen Robinson III
Jul 02nd 2019
It's gonna be fun to not have expectations next year
Jul 02nd 2019
      No expectations!?!? You got 3 All stars and a 2-time MVP! FOH
Jul 02nd 2019
           real agenda's never die. keep being your sad ass self.
Jul 02nd 2019
                Bro. In early 2020, they'll be starting FOUR all-stars (and a 2-time MVP...
Jul 03rd 2019
                     No one is crying. go make some friends or something
Jul 03rd 2019
Do they bring Cousins back?
Jul 02nd 2019
Well, it depends on a couple of things
Jul 03rd 2019
Draymond signs 4 year, $100 million extension.
Aug 03rd 2019
Peace to Shaun Livingston in his retirement
Sep 13th 2019
Even though I'm a bandwagon Warriors fan it's sad to learn about this
Sep 13th 2019
that dude played 15 seasons and became a three time champ
Sep 18th 2019

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Jun-14-19 02:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I see you didn't address Draymond's impending free agency next summer..."
In response to Reply # 0

if they max Klay AND KD, how much is left?

I feel like their injuries definitely worked in the organization's favor by taking away a lot of their leverage.

I think this may have been the last ride for Iggy and Livingston especially with next season probably being a mulligan.

I have no idea what will happen with Cousins.

What's the deal with Bell? He seemed to regress after a promising rookie year.

Anyway it looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Sy4twXSn0

mrhood75
44709 posts
Fri Jun-14-19 07:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "The line has always been they’ll pay whatever luxury tax it takes"
In response to Reply # 1

It actually behooves Draymond to ask for an extension now, while he’s still eligible for a Supermax. Zero guarantee he’ll be eligible next off season.

I’m sure if they lose Durant the pressure will be for them to resign Draymond fast. I still maintain that if KD leaves, the Warriors let Draymond walk after next season and make a push for the hot shit free agents on the market next season. Like AD.

And yeah, the side effect of the injuries is that fewer teams make a bid for Klay and KD. But Myers is still gonna offer both of them the max. Which is what they’d offer them if they weren’t hurt.

I am guessing they let Iggy and Livingston ride because the injuries are going to effect overall performance this season. Then they both retire. I’d honestly like it if the organization hire both of them, and bring back David West, to work for the team, either as coaches or in the front office. Myers is already grooming his eventual replacement for when the window closes or the core players retire/move on, and I think it makes sense for Kerr to start cultivating young replacement candidates for when he decides to eventually pack it in.

Don’t know what to say about Bell. Seems like he’s got maturity problems. The shit with Mike Brown was not a good look for him. He spent most of the season in the dog house, but contributed during the end of the Rockets and during the Portland series. I think they had at one time hoped he’d become a starter, but that doesn’t like it’s happening.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Jun-14-19 07:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "RE: The line has always been they’ll pay whatever luxury tax it takes"
In response to Reply # 4

>It actually behooves Draymond to ask for an extension now,
>while he’s still eligible for a Supermax. Zero guarantee
>he’ll be eligible next off season.
>
>I’m sure if they lose Durant the pressure will be for them
>to resign Draymond fast. I still maintain that if KD leaves,
>the Warriors let Draymond walk after next season and make a
>push for the hot shit free agents on the market next season.
>Like AD.

The only way they have money for AD is if they let KD, Klay AND Draymond walk.

>And yeah, the side effect of the injuries is that fewer teams
>make a bid for Klay and KD. But Myers is still gonna offer
>both of them the max. Which is what they’d offer them if
>they weren’t hurt.

I'm sure they probably will, I still say their injuries tilted the negotiations significantly in the organization's favor.

>I am guessing they let Iggy and Livingston ride because the
>injuries are going to effect overall performance this season.
>Then they both retire. I’d honestly like it if the
>organization hire both of them, and bring back David West, to
>work for the team, either as coaches or in the front office.
>Myers is already grooming his eventual replacement for when
>the window closes or the core players retire/move on, and I
>think it makes sense for Kerr to start cultivating young
>replacement candidates for when he decides to eventually pack
>it in.

There was already talk that Iggy and Livingston might retire after the season anyway. Recent developments will probably be further incentive to hang it up. They're both smart guys I think will have no problem finding a way to continue making money whether its in coaching, front office or TV.

What is Kerr's health situation these days? A couple of years ago it looked like he was going to have to hang it up.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79515 posts
Fri Jun-14-19 03:05 PM

2. "Y’all ain’t winning shit next year"
In response to Reply # 0

Dynasty is over bruh.

Ole San Francisco ass Warriors.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

mrhood75
44709 posts
Fri Jun-14-19 07:18 PM

6. "Thank you for your valuable insight. "
In response to Reply # 2

Keep repeating it enough times and it might come true.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

legsdiamond
79515 posts
Mon Jul-01-19 06:58 AM

18. "Fat lady hit all the high notes "
In response to Reply # 6

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10883 posts
Fri Jun-14-19 03:33 PM

3. "Can the Warriors develop solid role players?"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jun-14-19 03:34 PM by Cocobrotha2

Better yet, do you think they could find a diamond in the rough like Kawhi that can grow into a star?

I think ya'lls core has another 3-4 years of their prime's left (if the team can afford to keep them) so there's the firepower to make another multi-year run, but the bench is going to have to be more consistent. We've seen the limitations of this top heavy setup.

And if they want to stretch this excellence into a second decade like the Spurs, they're going to need to acquire some new, elite talent without the benefit of a lottery pick.

This core is going to age abruptly at some point. Steph and Klay will still have some utility as past their prime jump shooters but they'll need someone else to be driving things most nights.

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

mrhood75
44709 posts
Fri Jun-14-19 07:17 PM

5. "I mean, that’s what Draymond is. And what Looney’s becoming. "
In response to Reply # 3

I’d like them to resign Cook and McKinnie as well, because they could be both be very good role players. I think that’s what they hoped McCaw would be, but that didn’t work out.

They are going to have to bring in more younger talent or sign another top free agent if we want to be the Spurs. As I mentioned above, if KD does leave, that will start during the ‘20-‘21 season.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

FILF
Member since Jun 01st 2007
20180 posts
Fri Jun-14-19 07:29 PM

8. "Finna miss the playoff if Donkey doesn't report to camp in '16 shape"
In response to Reply # 0

WHAT'S GOOD *****? What's REALLY good?!?!????!!! Ha HA!
http://40.media.tumblr.com/d8e2daf9f3f37244cd05436bcdf05973/tumblr_mt4qibKq4c1rgam01o1_1280.png

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Sat Jun-15-19 02:24 AM

9. "Man, y'all still had a great year. First, fire that security guard"
In response to Reply # 0

Second, Klay should be held out all of next season and they should absolutely re-sign him.

Boogie is the great mystery to me. He clearly wasn't 100%, but will he ever be at 100%? Or can he adjust his game to reduced mobility and still be dominant (I think he can)...but are the Dubs willing to stick with him and would he take less money to re-sign?

Bench needs to be revamped. Iggy and Livingston are the only keepers.

Does Draymond get his paper?

Finally, how will Kerr recharge for next season? This had to be taxing.

------------------
One Hundred.

mrhood75
44709 posts
Sun Jun-30-19 04:28 PM

10. "Well, vaya con Dios, KD. Thanks for the memories"
In response to Reply # 0

It was dope to have him on the team for three years and he’ll turn us into a dynasty. Thought we’d keep him, but if he’s that close with Kyrie and DeAndre and wants to play with them, I certainly understand. Of the teams he could have left for, I’m glad it was Brooklyn.

Happy that we’re keeping Klay, of course. But that was never in doubt.

Now let’s see how everything else shakes out. Work on resigning Looney and Cook, first off. Then find some shooters.

And yes, KD leaving drastically decreases the chance of Draymond coming back after next season.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43352 posts
Sun Jun-30-19 04:47 PM

11. "RE: Well, vaya con Dios, KD. Thanks for the memories"
In response to Reply # 10

You were so sure of this one all along

I don’t think the team will be immediately be better but they can rebuild a much different team

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

mrhood75
44709 posts
Sun Jun-30-19 04:51 PM

12. "Yes, I was.I knew he wasn’t going to the Knicks or either LA team"
In response to Reply # 11

Which is where all the “experts” were saying since the last off season. Brooklyn wasn’t a factor until maybe the play offs. ***shrug***

History will show whether not this is a mistake by him.

And I’m not worried about our future. At all.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

AtoZ 0toInfinity
Member since Sep 27th 2008
867 posts
Sun Jun-30-19 06:43 PM

13. "KD sign and trade in play?"
In response to Reply # 0

If the Dubs pull this off I'd like to see
Caris, Joe Harris and Jarrett Allen.
Or maybe I don't know how this works.

FILF
Member since Jun 01st 2007
20180 posts
Sun Jun-30-19 06:54 PM

14. "RE: KD sign and trade in play?"
In response to Reply # 13

>If the Dubs pull this off I'd like to see
>Caris, Joe Harris and Jarrett Allen.
>Or maybe I don't know how this works.

They aren't giving up LaVert/Harris when they are going to be the starting wings. Jarrett Allen/D'Angelo are the ones on their way out. BK is just going to absorb KD into their cap space & maybe send out Jarrett Allen.

WHAT'S GOOD *****? What's REALLY good?!?!????!!! Ha HA!
http://40.media.tumblr.com/d8e2daf9f3f37244cd05436bcdf05973/tumblr_mt4qibKq4c1rgam01o1_1280.png

mrhood75
44709 posts
Mon Jul-01-19 12:36 AM

15. "Vaya con dios, Iggy. Welcome to the team, D'Angelo"
In response to Reply # 0

First, Iggy will be missed. On a "personal" level, this one hurts more than KD. Iggy was a huge part in establishing the team's culture since he came here six years ago. He was a leader on the court and in the locker room. Loved him as a member of the "Three Wise Men." And he always brought it in the play-offs. But I'm also not shocked. Before the ink was dry on the new deal, there was already talk about how he'd make a good expiring contract to trade during the last year of his deal. Which is exactly what happened. Regardless, I hope when he's done playing in Memphis and retires, the team brings him back as a member of the coaching staff or front office. Lacob apparently love the guy.

As far as D'Angelo, I like the pick-up. We're going to need scoring with KD gone and Klay out a while, and he'll have lots of opportunities to score. I'm not sure how everything else shakes out and what other players are included in the deal, but it also **might** open up some room to pay more on the MLE. Shit is complicated.

Lost two MVPs in the same day and we're going to be fine.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44828 posts
Mon Jul-01-19 12:43 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "Pretty savvy move on their part. DLo might go berserk up there"
In response to Reply # 15

mrhood75
44709 posts
Mon Jul-01-19 01:08 AM

17. "Swaggy P is long gone, so they should be okay. "
In response to Reply # 16

But seriously, I think the culture is pretty strong here. I think Russell will be fine long term.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
4020 posts
Mon Jul-01-19 03:49 PM

25. "RE: Swaggy P is long gone, so they should be okay. "
In response to Reply # 17

Damn, DLO broke up 2 Iggy's now

mrhood75
44709 posts
Mon Jul-01-19 04:33 PM

26. "RE: Swaggy P is long gone, so they should be okay. "
In response to Reply # 25

>Damn, DLO broke up 2 Iggy's now

Can't front, that's funny.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8747 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 07:49 PM

39. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 25

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Mon Jul-01-19 07:08 AM

19. "D'Angelo needs to continue to improve "

I don’t think that midrange stuff he did last year is sustainable. But he’s a decent bet to make and the only way the warriors could acquire real talent was in a sign and trade.

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

mrhood75
44709 posts
Mon Jul-01-19 01:42 PM

23. "He's young and other upswing"
In response to Reply # 19

He should fit well into the Warriors system. I don't see why he shouldn't continue to be consistent from mid range and hit a ton of 3s. And when Klay comes back, he'll get even better looks.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

roamr1
Charter member
18832 posts
Mon Jul-01-19 11:43 AM

20. "Word. Losing Iggy sucks more..."

Expected but he was such a huge piece to this whole run getting started in the first place. It may also be because I was already resigned to losing KD at the end of the season.

DLo is a good pick up for this year. I'm wondering how he fits in w/ Klay at 100% and if the rookie (Poole) pans out. Everyone is saying it's a sure thing he's going to be traded. It may very well be part of the plan to move money for Draymond next year.

mrhood75
44709 posts
Mon Jul-01-19 01:47 PM

24. "It's Stein who's banging the "He's going to be traded!" drum"
In response to Reply # 20

I imagine they're going to see how this works and how he can fit in with Klay whenever he returns. And whenever does come back, be it this season or next, they'll likely try to sell DLo on a sixth man role. Even during the previous championship seasons, the Warriors never had offense like that coming off the bench.

It also gives Poole a lot of time to develop. Which is how they've been operating with their first round picks for a while now.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35242 posts
Mon Jul-01-19 06:16 PM

28. "FWIW i thought Poole was the best of the bunch from Michigan"
In response to Reply # 24

uninjured, Matthews would have been a lock to make a roster bc of his defense and attitude, but not as a 1st round pick.

Poole could be a starter for someone by the end of his rookie deal tho. Granted, moderate possibility he doesnt put it all together. But if he does, he could be electric for your second unit.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Orbit_Established
Member since Oct 27th 2002
52934 posts
Mon Jul-01-19 12:17 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
21. "Poor dubs! Only 4 All-Stars now!?!? Bwahahahahah. NO EXCUSES!!!"

FOUR ALL STARS!!!!

NO EXCUSES!!!

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "

legsdiamond
79515 posts
Mon Jul-01-19 01:34 PM

22. "Lmao. It’s over"
In response to Reply # 21

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32090 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 09:35 AM

30. "Yep Iggy coming was our turning point "

The definition of a savvy vet who mentored our young guys....One of my favorite Warriors for life

mrhood75
44709 posts
Mon Jul-01-19 04:46 PM

27. ""There was never any doubt." Klay accepts max deal."
In response to Reply # 0

Glad it's official.

And it sounds like things are ending on a decent note with KD and the organization. KD told Myers about his decision face-to-face before the other teams he turned down. And the Warriors have formally thanked him and announced they'll retire his number.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

mrhood75
44709 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 02:45 AM

29. "Warriors re-signing Looney makes me incredibly happy"
In response to Reply # 0

He must REALLY like playing here, because he agreed to three years for $15 million. With the money being thrown around right now, I imagine he could have gotten a lot more on the open market. But I'm very glad that he decided to stay.

He's a quadruple tough motherfucka who has a clear, defined role of the team and absolutely fills it. I feel like he should continue to get even better.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Amritsar
32090 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 09:36 AM

31. "people still mad at us in the off season LOL "
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
79515 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 10:06 AM

32. "Why would anyone be mad at you guys this offseason? "
In response to Reply # 31

Thats like being mad at an ex after she got divorced, lost her job and her house burned down.

Amritsar
32090 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 10:53 AM

34. "yet you're in here. in our off season post"
In response to Reply # 32

are you also posting on r/warriors too?

legsdiamond
79515 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 09:07 PM

43. "Huh? Y’all just lost KD and Iggy... of course I will be in here"
In response to Reply # 34

it’s sports nigga

Amritsar
32090 posts
Wed Jul-03-19 07:43 AM

47. "this is the offseason post "
In response to Reply # 43

not a Finals game post

or a free agency post

typically, this is a place for fans of the team to talk about ... you know.. the offseason moves

but carry on with your trolling in our off season post

legsdiamond
79515 posts
Wed Jul-03-19 02:41 PM

49. "Imma stop messing with you. Clearly you are still hurt. "
In response to Reply # 47
Wed Jul-03-19 02:42 PM by legsdiamond

Dude said fans of the team.. lmao.

guru0509
Charter member
45329 posts
Sat Aug-03-19 02:09 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
51. "Lol you broke into his clubhouse without the password"
In response to Reply # 49

>Dude said fans of the team.. lmao.
>
>

I can’t wait to be in the Warriors post this season while DLO lights it up for them

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

Amritsar
32090 posts
Wed Sep-18-19 04:44 PM

54. "fascinating you still care this much... control F me in a buckeyes post"
In response to Reply # 51

I'll wait

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 10:45 AM

33. "Its over, nobody cares. I’m glad you guys took DLo so we wouldn’t "

Amritsar
32090 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 10:54 AM

35. "same.. glad we didn't walk away from KD with nothin "
In response to Reply # 33

now we have one hell of a bargaining chip to play with

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 07:52 PM

41. "Y'all still got FOUR ALL STARS, one 2-TIME MVP!! NO EXCUSES!!"

Bwahaha @ "reboot"

Get the fuck outta here

Y'all SHOULD win next year

If not, you're just bum ass asterisk champs

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "

Amritsar
32090 posts
Wed Jul-03-19 07:42 AM

46. "if we don't win next year our three rings are negated"
In response to Reply # 41

got it

mrhood75
44709 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 05:34 PM

36. "Signed Cauley-Stein and Glen Robinson III"
In response to Reply # 0

I like the C-S pick up. Solid center that plays D. Apparently Damian Jones isn’t progressing and has looked awful in summer league. I’m kinda shocked that there’s apparently no interest in Cousins by any teams. Like, I thought someone would pick him up by now. If there’s still no interest after Leonard signs wherever he ends up, the Warriors should give him a call. I can’t imagine he really wants to sign for league minimum though.

Don’t know much about Robinson. Signing makes sense we literally have one other swignman on the roster (McKinnie). Two year contract with a second year option is fine.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5613 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 06:41 PM

38. "It's gonna be fun to not have expectations next year"
In response to Reply # 36

I don't think any sane Warriors fan has title expectations, but it's going to be interesting and kind of exciting to watch them try and make the pieces fit.

I like the Willie pick up. He seems like there's still some untapped potential (though that's the perennial story with him).

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 07:51 PM

40. "No expectations!?!? You got 3 All stars and a 2-time MVP! FOH"
In response to Reply # 38

AND got another all-star coming mid-year!

NO EXCUSES!!

GOMEZ
5613 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 08:13 PM

42. "real agenda's never die. keep being your sad ass self. "
In response to Reply # 40

they're not the favorites next year, so it's not title or bust like it has been that last 4 years. But you probably know that. Just let the random Warriors hate continue to flow through your veins though. Drink it up. I'm gonna enjoy next season regardless.

-Hunter S. Thompson

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Wed Jul-03-19 06:54 AM

45. "Bro. In early 2020, they'll be starting FOUR all-stars (and a 2-time MVP..."
In response to Reply # 42

>they're not the favorites next year, so it's not title or
>bust like it has been that last 4 years. But you probably
>know that. Just let the random Warriors hate continue to flow
>through your veins though. Drink it up. I'm gonna enjoy next
>season regardless.

So STOP with the CRYING shit

They SHOULD be great

GOMEZ
5613 posts
Wed Jul-03-19 11:30 AM

48. "No one is crying. go make some friends or something"
In response to Reply # 45

-Hunter S. Thompson

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Jul-02-19 06:12 PM

37. "Do they bring Cousins back?"
In response to Reply # 0

mrhood75
44709 posts
Wed Jul-03-19 02:20 AM

44. "Well, it depends on a couple of things"
In response to Reply # 37

1. If they're ready to give up on Damian Jones. The front office and players really like the kid, but he's entering his fourth and hasn't developed that much. Now, this year it's because he missed most of the season to injury, but he didn't like that great before that. And apparently he really stunk in summer league. So, maybe they wave him if they think he's done.

2. The biggest thing is if Boogie feels like he wants to play for the Warriors for league minimum. I imagine that would be a tough pill to swallow. I'm guessing he thinks he can sign a multi-year deal with one of the teams that misses out on Kawhi, but apparently there's zero interest in him now. If he's okay with taking even less money to "prove himself" again, then I can see the Warriors clearing a spot for him.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

mrhood75
44709 posts
Sat Aug-03-19 11:28 AM

50. "Draymond signs 4 year, $100 million extension. "
In response to Reply # 0

This is a damn good deal for the Warriors. Keeps the team’s core together for the foreseeable future and eliminates any potential drama for the next off season. Also shows Draymond is committed to the team and that ownership knows how important he is to the team’s success. Seems like we really are following the Spurs model here.

And Draymond always stays motivated. Shoot, he probably had his best season **after** he signed his last contract extension.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

mrhood75
44709 posts
Fri Sep-13-19 02:34 PM

52. "Peace to Shaun Livingston in his retirement"
In response to Reply # 0

Could see this coming. But props to the man; he was a true Warrior.

He'll have a job in the front office alongside ZaZa and Dunleavy Jr. by the end of the week.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8747 posts
Fri Sep-13-19 09:11 PM

53. "Even though I'm a bandwagon Warriors fan it's sad to learn about this"
In response to Reply # 52

Durant signing with the Nets was the beginning of the end and Livingston retiring closes the door on the Strength in Numbers teams.

He was such a throwback, both with his steady, unflappable demeanor and his game itself. It was great watching him the first three years of his Warriors days when his pull up at the free throw line was automatic.

Even though his athleticism started to fade the last couple of years, he had a nose for great play. I guess the last big play he made was saving that ball from Kawhi and passing it out to Iggy who all but clinched Game 2.

But his story from almost losing his leg to being a key contributor to five Finals team is simply incredible and I think makes him one of the most remarkable stories in the NBA of his time.

I see him as a coach, but IIRC his mind is guiding towards a high-level executive role which he would be excellent as well. Seems to have a remarkable sharpness of intellect and commands respect from others.

Hats off to him!

Rjcc
Charter member
94955 posts
Wed Sep-18-19 05:35 PM

55. "that dude played 15 seasons and became a three time champ"
In response to Reply # 52

while being a big contributor to the team

is so fucking amazing and way beyond what it seemed like his future would be when he got hurt.

still wish we'd been able to see him develop properly, his passing and handles were so slick for a 6'9 guy

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2699230 Previous topic | Next topic