Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2691669

Subject: ""just bill it to Mik.., I mean...MY room..." Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Thu Mar-28-19 10:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
""just bill it to Mik.., I mean...MY room..."
Thu Mar-28-19 10:46 AM by Dstl1

because I, myself, am obviously Mike Brown" - Jordan Bell

Jordan...wyd??
*Charged the item to Mike Brown
*Not his 1st time doing this

https://sports.yahoo.com/jordan-bell-suspended-golden-state-warriors-for-charging-items-at-team-hotel-to-assistant-room-055141090.html

The Golden State Warriors suspended center Jordan Bell for one game for “conduct detrimental to the team,” which he served on Wednesday night during their 118-103 win against the Memphis Grizzlies at FedExForum.

The organization didn’t elaborate on what the 24-year-old did, however it appears that it was an incident at their team hotel on Tuesday night that triggered the suspension.

According to The Athletic’s Anthony Slater and Sam Amick, Bell had charged an item or items to assistant coach Mike Brown at The Peabody, where they were staying Tuesday night. While the rooms themselves are paid for by the team, anything else purchased at the hotel is not.

Brown was alerted to the charge and asked the staff at the hotel about it. The staff confirmed the purchases, which Brown didn’t make. After a brief investigation, “it became clear that Bell is the one who put it on Brown’s bill.” It’s not clear specifically what was added to the bill.

There is also concern, according to the report, that is isn’t the first time Bell has done this to a member of the Warriors organization on a road trip.

When asked about the suspension before the game on Wednesday, however, Warriors coach Steve Kerr offered little details.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
this is the funniest sports story all week imo
Mar 28th 2019
hes getting clowned on twitter...talkin about he ordered bootytalk 225
Mar 28th 2019
lolz
Mar 28th 2019
He's had "maturity" problems since he got here
Mar 28th 2019
i remember ppl clowning the bulls hard for trading this dude for cash
Mar 28th 2019
      I mean, he showed flashes of being really good last season
Mar 28th 2019
Okay, so some context is coming out
Mar 29th 2019

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35261 posts
Thu Mar-28-19 11:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "this is the funniest sports story all week imo"
In response to Reply # 0

jordan heard about them cleveland ducats he picked up, figures he was good to go

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

sndesai1
Member since Feb 02nd 2013
1229 posts
Thu Mar-28-19 11:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "hes getting clowned on twitter...talkin about he ordered bootytalk 225"
In response to Reply # 0

lmaoo

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Thu Mar-28-19 12:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "lolz"
In response to Reply # 2

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44719 posts
Thu Mar-28-19 11:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "He's had "maturity" problems since he got here"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Mar-28-19 11:55 AM by mrhood75

They've been bringing along slow and trying to teach him not to do dumb shit on the court (and presumably off). Last year it was West and Green trying to help. This year it's been Green and Cousins. However, this... is just really fucking stupid.

He hasn't been exactly been shocking the world on the court this season, taking steps back in terms of play. Unless he bounces back in a major way and also makes ammends with Brown, I'm not surprised if they just let him bounce in the off-season. Though I doubt he'll be in huge demand.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Thu Mar-28-19 12:08 PM

5. "i remember ppl clowning the bulls hard for trading this dude for cash"
In response to Reply # 3

always felt that was a cyse

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

mrhood75
44719 posts
Thu Mar-28-19 12:45 PM

6. "I mean, he showed flashes of being really good last season"
In response to Reply # 5

His offensive game is still restaurant-grade sushi raw, but he's good on defense and athletic as hell. There was definite hopes that he'd develop into a starting center at some point (pre-Cousins).

But his head doesn't seem to be in it this season. I think buying the draft pick off of y'all was still a good idea, but he needs to find a way to mentally get it right.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

mrhood75
44719 posts
Fri Mar-29-19 04:20 PM

7. "Okay, so some context is coming out"
In response to Reply # 0

Apparently, Bell has been doing this type of thing all season as part of trying to get some get back from when he was a rookie. Last year, other players used to do this type of thing to him all the time, as lots of veterans on teams throughout the league often prank rookies by charging stuff to their hotel rooms without their knowledge.

So, rather than doing the same thing to Jacob Evans, Bell has been going after the players who messed with him. And Mike Brown. This particular incident in question involved him charging a $15 candle to Brown's room.

Now, all of this seems a bit overblown for $15, except when you consider 1) This is the second time he's messed with Brown; I imagine he told Bell to knock it off after the first time 2) there are rumors that he stole Brown's credit card in order to make the purchase. That would definitely cross the line.

Bell is maintaining that this was just a joke gone wrong, he's very sorry, and that he's now good with everyone.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2691669 Previous topic | Next topic