Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2679233

Subject: "Bol Bol = Porzingis 2.5 = Mine" Previous topic | Next topic
Orbit_Established
Member since Oct 27th 2002
52934 posts
Sat Nov-17-18 12:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Bol Bol = Porzingis 2.5 = Mine"
Sat Nov-17-18 12:53 PM by Orbit_Established

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/1058380485938823168

He got daddy issues, skills and learns faster than lazy, dumb
Americans of any race.

Mine.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Super skilled. His attitude still seems a lil sketchy to me.
Nov 17th 2018
Cuz he ain't go to Kentucky? No snark. What u mean?
Nov 17th 2018
      First his motor being an issue. Then rumors....
Nov 17th 2018
           I respect you for putting it out there.
Nov 18th 2018
           I watched him live multiple times. This is accurate. And you can see it.
Nov 18th 2018
           Amazing analysis. That sounds like young Embiid too, though.
Nov 18th 2018
                No doubt, though I think Embiid was more consistent at this age.
Nov 18th 2018
                     Boy, I *really* came down from this, lol.
Jun 21st 2019
           a kentucky fan talking about sketchy recruitment lol.
Nov 18th 2018
Snapchat IPO 2.0
Nov 17th 2018
done for the season...
Jan 03rd 2019
the dreaded navicular fracture...damn
Jan 03rd 2019
Damn
Jun 21st 2019
I'm all in. If healthy he will be an All-Star IMO
Jun 21st 2019
I wonder how much did that Spiderman suit cost?
Jun 21st 2019
I've had all his stock since 2015 but OK.
Jun 21st 2019
him falling in the draft sucks
Jun 25th 2019
      Jokic could teach him how to pass, which would be good.
Jun 26th 2019
      absolutely it's a great situation for him
Jun 26th 2019
Tacko Fall better
Jun 25th 2019
not even close. he could maybe have done what manute did in the 80s
Jun 25th 2019
      Oh, I know
Jun 26th 2019
           hahaha well played b/w yeah it's a race against time before his body fai...
Jun 26th 2019
Can't wait to see him tear it up!
Jun 30th 2019
Man, peanut butter and granola in the morning.
Jul 23rd 2020
Let’s pump the brakes a little on this one.
Jul 23rd 2020
Eat lighter breakfasat. It will calm your spirit
Jul 23rd 2020
BOL BOL IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA RIGHT NOW
Jul 23rd 2020
SUMMA SUMMA SUMMATYME (c) Will Smith
Jul 25th 2020

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Sat Nov-17-18 03:03 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Super skilled. His attitude still seems a lil sketchy to me."
In response to Reply # 0

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Sat Nov-17-18 05:00 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Cuz he ain't go to Kentucky? No snark. What u mean? "
In response to Reply # 1

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Sat Nov-17-18 11:09 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "First his motor being an issue. Then rumors...."
In response to Reply # 2

of him not being a hard worker. And his recruitment being kinda sketchy.

Plus he was too good and has too much potential to not have been flooded with all the big time offers.

Something didn't seem right to me.

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Sun Nov-18-18 12:24 AM

5. "I respect you for putting it out there. "
In response to Reply # 4

>of him not being a hard worker. And his recruitment being
>kinda sketchy.
>
>Plus he was too good and has too much potential to not have
>been flooded with all the big time offers.
>
>Something didn't seem right to me.

Fair.

You about to wrong tho

But I respect your conglomerate and will throw
you a few shares on the back end of this

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86670 posts
Sun Nov-18-18 02:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "I watched him live multiple times. This is accurate. And you can see it."
In response to Reply # 4
Sun Nov-18-18 02:35 AM by Frank Longo

In that loss to Iowa, he made 1/3rd terrific plays and 2/3rds terrible plays.

I hate the Porzingis comparisons, mostly because Porzingis played professional basketball since... what, age 16? Meanwhile, I saw Bol at Mater Dei his senior year in three different games, and it was always the same-- he'd come alive for like five or six plays, and then he'd either disappear or be a net negative the rest of the game. At least one game in HS, he got benched because he couldn't defend capably-- and we saw that at the end of the Iowa game too. So I simply can't trust him to have a Day 1 Porzingis impact because of the sheer difference of competition they faced.

Bol's skill is INSANE for his size, and I'd still draft him fairly highly on potential. But Porzingis came in polished largely because he'd faced, what, 2-3 years of professional adult athletes? Meanwhile, Bol sleepwalked through high school and he's been caught sleeping more than once this season. He BEASTED Syracuse's zone, but that simply hasn't been consistent.

I wish he didn't play in the fucking Pac-12, because I'd love to see him face real competition consistently (and I'd love for it to be televised). He was at times jaw-droppingly bad in the Iowa loss, but he crushed Syracuse nearly singlehandedly. That's the lows and highs of Bol Bol. They're really low and really high. I don't know where you take him yet. But the motor thing is very, very real. He's crafty, smart, and incredibly skilled for his size-- but until he plays several games in a row without disappearing and/or having net negative stretches, he's hard to trust.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Sun Nov-18-18 07:46 AM

7. "Amazing analysis. That sounds like young Embiid too, though. "
In response to Reply # 6
Sun Nov-18-18 07:48 AM by Orbit_Established

Right? It's true

Kansas Embiid would dream shake and have you about to
faint and then barely show up for the next 3 games.

Frank Longo
86670 posts
Sun Nov-18-18 02:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "No doubt, though I think Embiid was more consistent at this age."
In response to Reply # 7
Sun Nov-18-18 02:44 PM by Frank Longo

Embiid's defense was *definitely* more consistent-- you could argue that either he or Willie Cauley-Stein was the best defender in college basketball that season. Bol is wildly disruptive when he's on-- when people try to shoot over him, he routinely either deflects it or forces the shooter to adjust his arc-- but in that Iowa game, they started *going at him,* because they knew they could exploit his lack of strength and work-in-progress footwork. Altman had to bench him because he was killing their defense. Which is *crazy* to think about.

Embiid would occasionally disappear offensively, though I reckon in Embiid's defense, it seems Oregon is going to ask Bol to do more on that end than Kansas asked Embiid to do. Kansas had more weapons, whereas Bol is easily their most talented player until Louis King comes back (Bol is still more talented, but King is at least a genuine NBA prospect). Without looking, I bet Bol has twice as many field goal attempts per game. This is to Bol's credit too, of course-- it's easier to have plays in which you look bad when you're being asked to do more.

Embiid also was less of a string bean, which made his efficiency a lot easier to keep high. He was 7 feet, 250, with some good back-to-the-basket game, so he could work the paint with little resistance, which would give him more freedom to then face up later. Bol is 7'3, 230, with a less developed at-present back-to-the-basket game-- or maybe it seems that way because he's simply not as strong as Embiid was. But his jumpshot is definitely better right now than Embiid's was then, as is his mid-range. His creation for himself is... all over the place currently, but yeah, that's where his real future will be determined. Zingis was able to come into the league Day 1 and create for himself. I'm not convinced Bol will be able to do that next year-- or even the year after.

I like to make fun of Fran Fraschilla because he always falls in love with raw overseas prospects who are "a year away from being a year away." But Bol is definitely one of those guys. You don't take him lotto because of who he'll be at age 20. You take him for who he'll hopefully be at 22-23. I just worry that the Zingis comparisons-- which announcers are using CONSTANTLY in every Oregon game-- are going to give people expectations that are too immediate. If a team takes Bol 4th, they will *not* get a guy giving them 15 and 7 rookie year. They'll instead have a guy who, with the right strength and game development, could give you by Year 5 or 6 what Zingis is doing Year 3. That's where playing against pros overseas vs. playing American high school and then shitty Pac-12 play sped Zingis's progress and likely slowed Bol's.

Still, he's gonna be must-watch TV this year, and I'd still take him lotto, with position depending how he does against some of the better athletes he'll face (can't WAIT to see him vs. Moses Brown) and depending how immediately my team needs my rookie to give me production. The fact that his range of potential is *so* wide and his skill set is *so* unique makes him tremendously alluring, without question-- and he's such an easy kid to root for, too. If Oregon ends up winning the Pac-12 and making a Top 3 tournament seed (not impossible), wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see him end up as high as 6th or 7th in the draft.

Frank Longo
86670 posts
Fri Jun-21-19 10:34 AM

15. "Boy, I *really* came down from this, lol."
In response to Reply # 9

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Sun Nov-18-18 10:42 AM

8. "a kentucky fan talking about sketchy recruitment lol."
In response to Reply # 4

<--- Big Baller World Order

imo
Member since Aug 09th 2007
2144 posts
Sat Nov-17-18 08:24 PM

3. "Snapchat IPO 2.0"
In response to Reply # 0

I've never seen him display a heart to play grown man ball which is required at any size. But needed even more when you are shorter or skinnier than the average. Going out west makes him seem even softer to me as well.

"hey, make this right mayne
stop at the light mayne,
my yester night thang got me hung off the night train "

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Thu Jan-03-19 07:13 PM

10. "done for the season..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/Oregonian/status/1080959925310967810

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Thu Jan-03-19 07:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "the dreaded navicular fracture...damn"
In response to Reply # 10

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Jun-21-19 08:08 AM

12. "Damn"
In response to Reply # 0

theeraser
Member since Feb 11th 2007
7218 posts
Fri Jun-21-19 10:14 AM

13. "I'm all in. If healthy he will be an All-Star IMO"
In response to Reply # 0

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Jun-21-19 10:25 AM

14. "I wonder how much did that Spiderman suit cost?"
In response to Reply # 0

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Fri Jun-21-19 01:23 PM

16. "I've had all his stock since 2015 but OK."
In response to Reply # 0

Amazing to me that people can say "the question is about his effort" when he was putting up 21/10 with blocks and treys in the games he did play.

Great situation for him in Denver. He gets to back up the best player in the franchise's history for now and maybe play alongside of him in the ultimate frontcourt puzzle. You've got a guy who can literally do it all and another one who can rain threes on you or just shoot it right over the top inside.

Big thing with Bol to me is his long-term health. His build is not going to take too many years in the pros. But hopefully he has a nice prime.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Rjcc
Charter member
94962 posts
Tue Jun-25-19 11:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
19. "him falling in the draft sucks"
In response to Reply # 16

but going in the second round to Denver may be the best possible outcome (with the exception of making money immediately) for him.

he's largely out of the way of media attention so he can take his time to be healthy and ready to play, with about as little pressure as there could possibly be. it's not like the team will be trash so people won't have anything else to talk about other than "when will bol bol play?" and also they're not like... a bol bol away from being good.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Frank Longo
86670 posts
Wed Jun-26-19 11:41 AM

20. "Jokic could teach him how to pass, which would be good. "
In response to Reply # 19

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Wed Jun-26-19 02:05 PM

23. "absolutely it's a great situation for him"
In response to Reply # 19

once he missed out on the guaranteed money of the first round, it was a matter of where he'd end up. low-key market, solid coaching, plays behind a great big (but could potentially play alongside him also), good/deep team, etc.

also if he and porter both pan out (or really one or the other), they are gonna be a big problem in the west.

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Tue Jun-25-19 08:31 PM

17. "Tacko Fall better"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Tue Jun-25-19 10:18 PM

18. "not even close. he could maybe have done what manute did in the 80s"
In response to Reply # 17

but probably not. bol bol is a real player, not a sideshow who's just good at being tall.

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Wed Jun-26-19 11:55 AM

21. "Oh, I know"
In response to Reply # 18

I'm just playing the "make an outlandish statement" game.

On a real note, I'm not sure how Bol's body will hold up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Wed Jun-26-19 02:03 PM

22. "hahaha well played b/w yeah it's a race against time before his body fai..."
In response to Reply # 21

hopefully he can get a few good years in

PIMPINCHICAGO
Member since Mar 11th 2003
7441 posts
Sun Jun-30-19 03:27 AM

24. "Can't wait to see him tear it up!"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm in on this.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Thu Jul-23-20 07:52 AM

25. "Man, peanut butter and granola in the morning. "
In response to Reply # 0

Two tablespoons of high quality peanut butter. Some good granola.
Good coffee.

And I don’t need to eat again until dinner. Feels great.

My new diet hack.

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "

Beezo
Charter member
27557 posts
Thu Jul-23-20 08:50 AM

26. "Let’s pump the brakes a little on this one."
In response to Reply # 0

He’s ok.

<---
Fuck a sig, my presence is enough.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Thu Jul-23-20 10:30 AM

27. "Eat lighter breakfasat. It will calm your spirit"
In response to Reply # 26

>He’s ok.

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "

Rjcc
Charter member
94962 posts
Thu Jul-23-20 03:59 PM

28. "BOL BOL IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA RIGHT NOW"

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Castro
Charter member
50742 posts
Sat Jul-25-20 06:41 PM

29. "SUMMA SUMMA SUMMATYME (c) Will Smith"

Summer League Goggles

------------------
One Hundred.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2679233 Previous topic | Next topic