Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2673244

Subject: "Habitual Line Sniffer/Stepper Jon Jones will soon return." Previous topic | Next topic
Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Thu Sep-20-18 10:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Habitual Line Sniffer/Stepper Jon Jones will soon return."

To be clear, I a fan of this dude as a fighter, but I'm not of the highest opinion of him not screwing up against outside of the octagon. Pretty sad how much time this dude has wasted because of he can't control himself outside of fighting.

Here's the link/swipe for folks that care.

link: https://www.foxsports.com/west/story/jon-jones-receives-retroactive-suspension-for-doping-can-return-for-ufc-230-mma-091918

swipe:

Jon Jones receives retroactive suspension for doping, can return for UFC 230

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones should be eligible to fight by late October after completing a 15-month suspension for a doping violation.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency on Wednesday announced the length of Jones’ ban for his second violation of the UFC’s anti-doping policy.

It’s difficult to express myself at this moment but I can definitely say my heart is filled with gratitude and appreciation. I want to thank all of you who have stood by me during the toughest stretch of my life.

— Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) September 20, 2018

It has meant the world to me and always will. But now is the time to shift the focus front and center to the road ahead. Greatness is what I’m chasing and the path to reclaiming my throne is now officially open. Comeback Season begins now

— Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) September 20, 2018

The decision means the 31-year-old Jones could even fight at UFC 230 in New York on Nov. 3, if the UFC decides to book his comeback bout on that card.

Jones is widely considered the best pound-for-pound mixed martial artist in the world, but he has repeatedly sabotaged his own career.

Now I understand #usada is n.1 bullshit people.
To much politics.

— khabib nurmagomedov (@TeamKhabib) September 20, 2018

He reclaimed the light heavyweight title from Daniel Cormier last summer, but the victory was taken away when he tested positive for a steroid metabolite.

Jones also failed an out-of-competition test in 2016.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2673244 Previous topic | Next topic