Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2631935

Subject: "ELI BENCHED! GENO SMITH GONNA WHOO-RIDE! " Previous topic | Next topic
40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27109 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 03:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"ELI BENCHED! GENO SMITH GONNA WHOO-RIDE! "
Tue Nov-28-17 03:47 PM by 40thStreetBlack

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Geno-Smith-to-start-at-quarterback-on-Sunday/872f0ace-87aa-47f4-b414-e842df8b2b5f

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – For the first time in more than 13 years, the Giants are changing starting quarterbacks.

Coach Ben McAdoo announced today that Geno Smith will start in place of Eli Manning when the Giants face the Raiders in Oakland on Sunday. Rookie Davis Webb will also play, if not this week, then sometime before the end of the season.

“Geno will start this week,” McAdoo said. “Over the last five games, we will take a look at Geno, and we will also give Davis an opportunity.”

Manning has started 210 consecutive regular-season games, the second-longest streak by a quarterback in NFL history, behind Brett Favre’s 297. He has started every Giants game since Nov. 21, 2004, when he took over for veteran Kurt Warner in the 10th game of his rookie season. Manning has also started 12 postseason games, and twice led the Giants to Super Bowl victories.

Manning was given the option of starting against the Raiders to keep the streak alive, but declined.

“Coach McAdoo told me I could continue to start while Geno and Davis are given an opportunity to play,” Manning said. “My feeling is that if you are going to play the other guys, play them. Starting just to keep the streak going and knowing you won’t finish the game and have a chance to win it is pointless to me, and it tarnishes the streak. Like I always have, I will be ready to play if and when I am needed. I will help Geno and Davis prepare to play as well as they possibly can.”

The Giants are 2-9 and currently have 19 players on injured reserve. The list includes starting wide receivers Odell Beckham, Jr. and Brandon Marshall, plus Dwayne Harris. In addition, Sterling Shepard has missed four games with injuries. Manning has been throwing to an inexperienced group of wideouts that includes Roger Lewis, Jr., Tavarres King, Travis Rudolph, plus rookie tight end Evan Engram.

Injuries have also hit the offensive line, where the Giants have started eight different combinations, second in the NFL behind Green Bay’s nine. Center Weston Richburg’s season ended after four games, and right guard D.J. Fluker was placed on I.R. yesterday. Ereck Flowers and John Jerry are the only two linemen to start every game, and, Flowers is the only one to start every game at the same position.

“This is not the way it should be, but unfortunately, it’s where we are,” McAdoo said. “Our number one priority every week is to go win a game, but we owe it to the organization to get an evaluation of everybody on the roster, and that includes at the quarterback position. I’ll say it again, I have the utmost respect for Eli and everything he has done for this organization throughout his career. He is the consummate professional. He doesn’t like the position we are in, and neither do any of us. Eli has had to deal with a lot this season. Through it all, he has done everything we have asked of him in getting that unit ready to play. He has been steady, just like he has always been.”

“This is not a statement about anything other than we are 2-9, and we have to do what is best for the organization moving forward, and that means evaluating every position,” general manager Jerry Reese said. “I told Eli this morning that an organization could not ask for any more in a franchise quarterback. He has been that and more. Nobody knows what the future holds, but right now, this is what we think is best for the franchise.”

Manning is a two-time Super Bowl MVP who holds almost all of the franchise’s major passing records. This season, he has thrown 14 touchdown passes and only seven interceptions. He will turn 37 on Jan. 3 and is aware of the organization’s desire in a difficult season to assess its other quarterbacks.

“I have said it many times, I want to play, I want to compete, I want to be out there for my teammates to help them prepare to win,” Manning said. “I understand that there are tough decisions that have to be made in the best interest of the organization, especially as a season like this winds down. This is one of those tough, uncomfortable decisions.”

Smith joined the Giants as a free agent on March 20 after four years with the Jets. He has played in 33 regular-season games with 30 starts, including 29 starts in his first two seasons. His last start was on Oct. 23, 2016 vs. Baltimore. He completed four of eight passes for 95 yards before suffering a torn ACL in the second quarter that ended his season.

Smith’s career statistics include 501 completions in 866 pass attempts (57.9%) for 5,962 yards, 28 touchdowns and 36 interceptions for a passer rating of 72.4. He also had 135 rushing attempts for 647 yards (4.8-yard average) and seven touchdowns. Smith’s record as a starter is 12-18.

Webb was the Giants’ third-round draft choice this year, from the University of California. He was inactive for each of the first 11 games this season.

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
First black qb for the giants. Sheesh
Nov 28th 2017
man I don't even want to get started on that...
Nov 28th 2017
      Perhaps things would change
Nov 28th 2017
Where's IK??
Nov 28th 2017
I hope Geno's chin is nice and sturdy.
Nov 28th 2017
not any more than Eli...and Geno has wheels, at least
Nov 28th 2017
I honestly though he was out of the league
Nov 28th 2017
MVPeli
Nov 28th 2017
x2
Dec 01st 2017
damn, dude took it kinda hard...
Nov 28th 2017
I don’t blame him.
Nov 29th 2017
if he was playing poorly, it would probably be easier to take
Nov 29th 2017
The Hate For Geno is Unreal Out Here
Nov 28th 2017
Fucked up and unecessary bitch move
Nov 28th 2017
cism
Nov 28th 2017
this ny beat writer is mad that giants players arent crying about it lol...
Nov 28th 2017
Lol @ classless
Nov 28th 2017
man come on, they wanna play out the string and go to Atlantis already
Nov 28th 2017
Why are people acting like he's being sat bc of his play?
Nov 28th 2017
dude he has the 3rd longest qb start streak in history
Nov 28th 2017
He Passed Peyton Already
Nov 28th 2017
No and no.
Nov 28th 2017
because he's played like absolute shit this year
Nov 29th 2017
      So you think if Eli was playing well, this wouldn't happen?
Nov 29th 2017
           If he was playing well, they wouldn't bench him
Dec 01st 2017
                With a weak O-line and no running game they need to be able
Dec 04th 2017
                     I have been watching and he has been ass
Dec 04th 2017
SMH, I never saw this train wreck of a season coming
Nov 28th 2017
Even without the BS.that offensive line yo smh
Nov 28th 2017
      yeah, was holding out hope that it would improve at least somewhat
Nov 28th 2017
Blue Dalton finally goes to the bench. L O L
Nov 28th 2017
RE: Blue Dalton finally goes to the bench. L O L
Nov 28th 2017
RE: Blue Dalton finally goes to the bench. L O L
Nov 29th 2017
Eli, we tanking the rest of the season. Wanna lead us to the gutter?
Nov 29th 2017
white tears
Nov 29th 2017
Geno tho?
Nov 29th 2017
right. Geno is terrible.
Nov 29th 2017
*shrug* he won the starting job before IK broke his face
Nov 29th 2017
Right he's had plenty of opportunities to prove he's good
Nov 29th 2017
Perhaps a change of perspective is due here...
Nov 29th 2017
Whoa! That article is incredible! Holy shit.
Nov 29th 2017
It really is, and it makes me mad.
Nov 29th 2017
Nope. He isn’t Brees, he is Geno Smith
Nov 29th 2017
His last year @ WVU?? The 42 TD/6 INT season!?!?!?
Dec 01st 2017
      Lmao... it’s the Big 12. Everyone has stats in that conference.
Dec 04th 2017
           BWAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Dec 04th 2017
RE: Perhaps a change of perspective is due here...
Nov 30th 2017
      Interesting, because Eli looks "lost" too. Like, all the time.
Dec 01st 2017
           Like, all the time, Becky? You a valley girl now?
Dec 01st 2017
                No. I want you to address the "looks lost" comment. It's racially tinged...
Dec 03rd 2017
                     RE: No. I want you to address the "looks lost" comment. It's racially ti...
Dec 04th 2017
                          List all the QBs who "look lost" in the NFL. And explain why.
Dec 04th 2017
LOL. He's not even close to "terrible."
Nov 29th 2017
I wouldn’t say terrible, I’d say mediocre
Nov 29th 2017
*shrug* theyre drafting a qb high next year anyway
Dec 01st 2017
"WHOO-RIDE" = my fave OKsports phrase
Nov 29th 2017
First black starting QB in Giants history...
Nov 29th 2017
Put succinctly:
Nov 30th 2017
Kap is much better than Geno
Nov 30th 2017
Kaep is better than Eli too.
Dec 01st 2017
Kap is better than 75-100% of every 2nd stringer in the league
Dec 01st 2017
      He's proly better than 7-10 starting QBs too. Maybe more.
Dec 03rd 2017
      since their super bowl, Flacco has unquestionably been worse.
Dec 04th 2017
Question for y'all about this Rex Ryan shit
Dec 04th 2017
Rex Ryan is a shitbag
Dec 04th 2017
Ben gone
Dec 04th 2017
...and Jerry Reese with him
Dec 04th 2017
MAC BITCH!!! (c) Beanie Sigel
Dec 04th 2017
Why was Geno professing his loyalty to a lame duck coach?
Dec 04th 2017
      because Geno's #1 quality is an inability to get out of his own way
Dec 04th 2017
      Being sucker punched by a teammate is his fault? (when black, yes)
Dec 04th 2017
           it was an avoidable situation
Dec 04th 2017
           pay what you owe
Dec 04th 2017
                Geno had a family member die that week, you imbecile.
Dec 04th 2017
                     you ain't wrapped too tight
Dec 05th 2017
                          No
Dec 06th 2017
      Ughhh Eli was supportive of the coach too. LMAO.
Dec 04th 2017
           eli has nothing at risk.
Dec 04th 2017
           Doesn't matter. You guys are making up double standards.
Dec 04th 2017
                who said it's bad form?
Dec 04th 2017
           You don't think Eli was playing that dissembling game....
Dec 05th 2017
This is the equivalent of benching Tom Brady
Dec 04th 2017
its not.. but it kinda is if that makes sense.
Dec 05th 2017
      Mcadoo isn't even a rookie coach
Dec 05th 2017
      Isn't this his first HC gig?
Dec 05th 2017
           Is Mike tomlin a rookie head coach?
Dec 05th 2017
                Lol
Dec 05th 2017
      pretty much. there were plenty of reasons to bench Eli
Dec 05th 2017
      Technically it's McAdoo's second year but... that's kinda a rookie in NF...
Dec 05th 2017
And now he's starting again smh
Dec 05th 2017
Damn
Dec 06th 2017

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 03:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "First black qb for the giants. Sheesh"
In response to Reply # 0

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/now-only-one-nfl-team-hasnt-started-an-african-american-qb-in-its-history-145545532.html

This article is from last season.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 04:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "man I don't even want to get started on that..."
In response to Reply # 1

>https://sports.yahoo.com/news/now-only-one-nfl-team-hasnt-started-an-african-american-qb-in-its-history-145545532.html
>
>This article is from last season.

Numba_33
Charter member
19327 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 04:59 PM

7. "Perhaps things would change"
In response to Reply # 6

if you still did your Asiatic Warrior Watch posts.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66742 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 03:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Where's IK??"
In response to Reply # 0

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

Numba_33
Charter member
19327 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 04:21 PM

3. "I hope Geno's chin is nice and sturdy."
In response to Reply # 0

I haven't been watching The Football these days, but the Giants' offensive line has been something terrible these days, no? Seems like the perfect recipe for this dude to get battered around like a pinball.

Good luck, (replacement) black man.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 04:42 PM

5. "not any more than Eli...and Geno has wheels, at least"
In response to Reply # 3

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 04:37 PM

4. "I honestly though he was out of the league"
In response to Reply # 0

smutsboy
Member since Jun 29th 2002
33301 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 05:03 PM

8. "MVPeli"
In response to Reply # 0

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27109 posts
Fri Dec-01-17 04:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
53. "x2"
In response to Reply # 8

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 05:56 PM

9. "damn, dude took it kinda hard..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/watch-emotional-eli-manning-reacts-news-hes-benched/

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79559 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 08:55 AM

28. "I don’t blame him. "
In response to Reply # 9

He should be able to play out the rest of the season. I could see if they had a protege but Geno Smith? Really?

Might as well let Eli finish this thing out

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18627 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 07:53 PM

39. "if he was playing poorly, it would probably be easier to take"
In response to Reply # 9

And as a fan, if I felt like he was washed up, I would be happy to move on. He’s still a pretty good QB IMO.

The offense’s problems are not on him. He might be the only good, healthy player on the entire unit right now unless you count Engram who is talented but has been dropping everything lately.

He loses his spot because everyone else got hurt, hasn’t played well, and because the front office has been unable to put a decent OLine together for the last 5 years. That sucks.

Honestly not much of a spot to put Smith or Webb in to get much of an evaluation on, either. Most of these WR’s won’t even be in the league next year, and the OL is still bad.

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 06:33 PM

10. "The Hate For Geno is Unreal Out Here"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow...cats are legit outraged. They really hate dude

blueeclipse
Member since Apr 12th 2009
1855 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 06:36 PM

11. "Fucked up and unecessary bitch move"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Nov-28-17 06:44 PM by blueeclipse

The Giants are out here trying to out do the Bills in terms of shitty QB handling. Eli hasn't played bad enough to warrant this. There's no talent to speak of around him now. WTF does anyone really think Geno Smith is going to do? I hope they just let him go at the end of the year.....this has gotta be where this is going. So fucked up. Even if they are legit trying to tank.....this is embarrassing and wrong on so many levels. Eli will do the classy thing but man he should take a shit right on McAdoo's desk and throw them deuces.

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43352 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 07:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "cism"
In response to Reply # 11

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 07:17 PM

12. "this ny beat writer is mad that giants players arent crying about it lol..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/PLeonardNYDN/status/935642708324114432

i see a lot of outrage from fans and commentators.
but maybe the players supported this move?
seems kinda risky for mcadoo to jump out on this ledge alone.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59173 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 07:43 PM

15. "Lol @ classless"
In response to Reply # 12

They are 2-9 dafuq you expect?

Eli dog died or something? Foh

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18385 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 11:02 PM

24. "man come on, they wanna play out the string and go to Atlantis already"
In response to Reply # 12

Cenario
59173 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 07:42 PM

14. "Why are people acting like he's being sat bc of his play?"
In response to Reply # 0

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

HecticHavoc
Member since May 13th 2005
7591 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 08:45 PM

16. "dude he has the 3rd longest qb start streak in history"
In response to Reply # 14

and his older brother is ahead of him. he had a solid chance to set the all time record. means something to some people

-----------------------------------------

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 09:41 PM

18. "He Passed Peyton Already"
In response to Reply # 16

His streak is #2 behind Favre, who NOBODY is catching

Even with that said, they have nothing to gain by starting him. They are mathematically eliminated, so see what you have left on the roster

Cenario
59173 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 09:43 PM

19. "No and no."
In response to Reply # 16

smutsboy
33301 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 12:09 PM

32. "because he's played like absolute shit this year"
In response to Reply # 14

It's obvious he's not exactly holding back an offense that would otherwise be good. It's one of the worst offensive rosters in the league.

But it's also obvious he's been ass more often than not.

Especially for a guy that many are going to argue should be a lock for 1st ballot HOF.

Cenario
59173 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 01:41 PM

34. "So you think if Eli was playing well, this wouldn't happen?"
In response to Reply # 32

You think the Giants brain trust think's geno/Webb gives the Giants a better chance of winning?

This move has zero to do with how Eli has played.

smutsboy
33301 posts
Fri Dec-01-17 11:21 AM

51. "If he was playing well, they wouldn't bench him"
In response to Reply # 34

because Geno is terrible, benching Eli makes no sense, but if he wasn't playing like total ass, they wouldn't be benching him.

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42759 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 09:13 AM

60. "With a weak O-line and no running game they need to be able"
In response to Reply # 51

to move the pocket and have a guy that can make things happen on the fly, like Russel Wilson has been doing all season, and which Geno showed he could do yesterday.

Eli is still leagues better than Geno and is still underrated, but he needs other pieces of the offense to be better to produce, like a decent receiving corps and a line that can give him a clean pocket for one. He can win without a running game as has been seen in the past, and if you think he's been ass this season and that's the reason for the benching, then you haven't been watching the games.

smutsboy
33301 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 01:16 PM

66. "I have been watching and he has been ass"
In response to Reply # 60

Both can be true: your points, and Eli has been garbage.

DJR
18627 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 09:31 PM

17. "SMH, I never saw this train wreck of a season coming"
In response to Reply # 0

Thought for sure they’d be in playoff contention all year and have a chance to win the division.

It’s been one thing after another....injuries, suspensions, poor play, poor coaching, moves that backfired. Literally nothing good has happened all season. I feel bad for the good football players that are still bringing it every week through all the bullshit, like Snacks Harrison....and Eli.

Cenario
59173 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 09:45 PM

20. "Even without the BS.that offensive line yo smh"
In response to Reply # 17

Offense was gonna be doomed regardless

DJR
18627 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 10:09 PM

21. "yeah, was holding out hope that it would improve at least somewhat"
In response to Reply # 20

Was hoping Flowers would start to live up to his draft billing, thinking maybe they’d gell together better through continuity, etc.

Even the defense, though it’s had a few great games, has underperformed right from week 1 on the whole.

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 10:31 PM

22. "Blue Dalton finally goes to the bench. L O L"
In response to Reply # 0

smutsboy
33301 posts
Tue Nov-28-17 11:00 PM

23. "RE: Blue Dalton finally goes to the bench. L O L"
In response to Reply # 22

<3

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
4020 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 07:40 PM

38. "RE: Blue Dalton finally goes to the bench. L O L"
In response to Reply # 22

He gonna prob get another chance in Jacksonville and have a defense make him look good a couple more years but that's the best he can hope for and maybe help his HOF chances.

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 06:59 AM

25. "Eli, we tanking the rest of the season. Wanna lead us to the gutter?"
In response to Reply # 0

"Nah, I've got a marginal HOF campaign to start thinking about. Geno and Rook can handle that."

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 08:18 AM

26. "white tears"
In response to Reply # 0

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 08:50 AM

27. "Geno tho? "
In response to Reply # 0

I could see if it was a young unknown but Geno? That dudes terrible.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 10:50 AM

29. "right. Geno is terrible."
In response to Reply # 27

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 10:57 AM

30. "*shrug* he won the starting job before IK broke his face"

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Cenario
59173 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 11:11 AM

31. "Right he's had plenty of opportunities to prove he's good"

*rolls eyes*

Ausar72
Charter member
1191 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 01:24 PM

33. "Perhaps a change of perspective is due here..."

The insane untapped potential of Giants backup QB Geno Smith
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/insane-untapped-potential-giants-backup-qb-geno-smith-article-1.3653113

>I could see if it was a young unknown but Geno? That dudes
>terrible.

my thoughts,

peace.

Orbit_Established
Member since Oct 27th 2002
52934 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 03:49 PM

36. "Whoa! That article is incredible! Holy shit. "
In response to Reply # 33

>The insane untapped potential of Giants backup QB Geno Smith
>http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/insane-untapped-potential-giants-backup-qb-geno-smith-article-1.3653113
>
>
>>I could see if it was a young unknown but Geno? That dudes
>>terrible.
>
>
>...
>
>my thoughts,
>
>peace.

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 11:53 PM

43. "It really is, and it makes me mad."
In response to Reply # 36

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 07:04 PM

37. "Nope. He isn’t Brees, he is Geno Smith"

and I don’t have faith in him.

I have no problem with him proving me wrong but his last year at WVU disappointed me.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Dec-01-17 10:25 AM

48. "His last year @ WVU?? The 42 TD/6 INT season!?!?!?"
In response to Reply # 37

BWAHAHAHAHAH

It was one of the best passing clinic lazer shows in NCAA history

HAAHHAHAHAHAH

(C)Keith Murray, "

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 08:24 AM

59. "Lmao... it’s the Big 12. Everyone has stats in that conference. "
In response to Reply # 48

Did you watch the games tho?

Defense was azzz... like all Big 12 defenses but Geno folded like a tent in most of those losses.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 09:59 PM

77. "BWAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"
In response to Reply # 59

You guys are such pathetic racists and uncle toms

>Defense was azzz... like all Big 12 defenses but Geno folded
>like a tent in most of those losses.

Yeah, almost as bad as Peyton Manning did against Florida
all those years (which is how he lost the most gift wrapped
Heisman trophy ever)

Tons of QBs do different things in college based on circumstance.

To track linearly from there to the pros is pretty sad

And there aren't many ways to make 42 TD and 6 picks look
bad. He can spin a football with the best of them.

(C)Keith Murray, "

Wonderl33t
Member since Jul 11th 2002
21405 posts
Thu Nov-30-17 07:01 PM

46. "RE: Perhaps a change of perspective is due here..."

If you need 10,000 words to explain how a QB is not mediocre, he's probably mediocre.

Every time I watched Geno Smith play, he looked lost. And I saw plenty of his games. A 10,000 word article is not going to change what we all saw.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Dec-01-17 10:24 AM

47. "Interesting, because Eli looks "lost" too. Like, all the time. "
In response to Reply # 46

>If you need 10,000 words to explain how a QB is not mediocre,
>he's probably mediocre.

And Eli is mediocre too.

Did watching him tell you that.

>Every time I watched Geno Smith play, he looked lost. And I
>saw plenty of his games. A 10,000 word article is not going
>to change what we all saw.

Way to be open-minded.

Wonderl33t
21405 posts
Fri Dec-01-17 11:11 AM

50. "Like, all the time, Becky? You a valley girl now?"
In response to Reply # 47

I'm not too up on Eli, but I have watched him win two super bowls. And all that article says is that QBs who have bad stats early in their careers can still turn out all right. No crap, Sherlock. I've read dissertations on why Ryan Tannehill could be elite, and that's also never going to happen.

>>If you need 10,000 words to explain how a QB is not
>mediocre,
>>he's probably mediocre.
>
>And Eli is mediocre too.
>
>Did watching him tell you that.
>
>>Every time I watched Geno Smith play, he looked lost. And I
>>saw plenty of his games. A 10,000 word article is not going
>>to change what we all saw.
>
>Way to be open-minded.
>

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Sun Dec-03-17 10:02 PM

55. "No. I want you to address the "looks lost" comment. It's racially tinged..."
In response to Reply # 50

Say he's "bad" but "looks lost" is a direct commentary
on his understanding of the game.

Geno has been roundly praised (Trent Dilfer went on a tirade
about it) for his intelligence.

So for you to say "he looks lost" is problematic, especially
because Eli is notorious for many of the most boneheaded,
immature throws...even as a long veteran. That is the stuff
of Eli's notorious pouty memes: he's always confused and
frustrated.

>I'm not too up on Eli, but I have watched him win two super
>bowls.

Over Tom Brady, no less. He in the class of Brady?

Oh.

And all that article says is that QBs who have bad
>stats early in their careers can still turn out all right. No
>crap, Sherlock. I've read dissertations on why Ryan Tannehill
>could be elite, and that's also never going to happen.

You didn't read the article.

And discuss, please, why you are calling Geno Smith
"lost."

He might be "bad" (he's not), but I want to know
specifically why you said "lost"

(C)Keith Murray, "

Wonderl33t
21405 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 10:49 AM

61. "RE: No. I want you to address the "looks lost" comment. It's racially ti..."
In response to Reply # 55

Lmao. If you hear racism when I say he's lost, that's your problem, bud. And nah. I don't need to dedicate any more of my time on this earth or brain cells to Geno Smith. He looks lost on the field. Maybe he tore it up yesterday, no idea, I didn't see the game or highlights.

>
>Say he's "bad" but "looks lost" is a direct commentary
>on his understanding of the game.
>
>Geno has been roundly praised (Trent Dilfer went on a tirade
>about it) for his intelligence.
>
>So for you to say "he looks lost" is problematic, especially
>because Eli is notorious for many of the most boneheaded,
>immature throws...even as a long veteran. That is the stuff
>of Eli's notorious pouty memes: he's always confused and
>frustrated.
>
>
>>I'm not too up on Eli, but I have watched him win two super
>>bowls.
>
>Over Tom Brady, no less. He in the class of Brady?
>
>
>Oh.
>
> And all that article says is that QBs who have bad
>>stats early in their careers can still turn out all right.
>No
>>crap, Sherlock. I've read dissertations on why Ryan
>Tannehill
>>could be elite, and that's also never going to happen.
>
>You didn't read the article.
>
>And discuss, please, why you are calling Geno Smith
>"lost."
>
>He might be "bad" (he's not), but I want to know
>specifically why you said "lost"
>
>
>
>
>
>----------------------------
>
>
>
>O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"
>
>
>
>
>"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."
>
>(C)Keith Murray, "

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 10:01 PM

78. "List all the QBs who "look lost" in the NFL. And explain why. "
In response to Reply # 61

And I'm going to troll and make sure you use that phrase
consistently.

In fact: Lemme use the search engine to see if you've used
that phrase before.

(C)Keith Murray, "

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 03:48 PM

35. "LOL. He's not even close to "terrible." "

>I could see if it was a young unknown but Geno? That dudes
>terrible.

He's been up and down, and played poorly in a diarrhea storm
of an organization at times.

But his early career looks something like many current
excellent QBs.

DJR
18627 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 07:58 PM

40. "I wouldn’t say terrible, I’d say mediocre "
Wed Nov-29-17 07:59 PM by DJR

He’s never had a lot of help and got most of his opportunity early on, when he was real young, which is a tough spot to shine in.

That said, I watched him a lot in college and never thought he’d be more than an average pro. I’m no QB guru, but just as a guy who watched a lot of football, I just didn’t see anything special. (Of course, I thought the same of Brady in college so what do I know?) He looked like a serviceable pro, solid backup, and maybe a decent starter that you could win with if he’s got a lot of help. So far, I’d say he’s been average. I’d love to see him be better than that. I fear that he’d have to be amazing just to look average with the talent he’s got around him right now.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Fri Dec-01-17 11:23 AM

52. "*shrug* theyre drafting a qb high next year anyway"

may as well see if geno can fill that hole or at least look like tradebait

<--- Big Baller World Order

isaaaa
Member since May 10th 2007
30565 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 09:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
41. ""WHOO-RIDE" = my fave OKsports phrase"
In response to Reply # 0

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
http://Tupreme.com

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28842 posts
Wed Nov-29-17 10:42 PM

42. "First black starting QB in Giants history..."
In response to Reply # 0

... Why did it have to come at the expense of Eli? Look at what week we're in and tell me this makes sense given McAdoo's uncertain status after the season. They could've waited until the offseason packaged a player or two to move up and take Lamar Jackson.

The Giants have a really shitty recent history of treating QBs that kept them relevant in the league. I'm still not over how they did Kerry Collins. Now Elite Manning, guy that saved us NFL fans from two offseasons of NFL-endorsed Cheatriot GOAT articles, gets sent off like this. Whole organization is classless as fuck.

If this was due to Eli's play then no one would say anything. They should've kept Eli starting and let him finish out the season.

Come to Arizona Eli. We'll let you start all season.

B9
Charter member
43124 posts
Thu Nov-30-17 08:43 AM

44. "Put succinctly: "
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/howardkremer/status/935641371108507648

ShinobiShaw
Charter member
48550 posts
Thu Nov-30-17 10:16 AM

45. "Kap is much better than Geno"
In response to Reply # 0

http://soundcloud.com/djshinobishaw
http://www.rareformnyc.com
http://twitter.com/DJShinobiShaw
https://twitter.com/RareFormNYC
PSN: ShinobiShaw

"Arm Leg Leg Arm How you doin?" (c)T510

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Dec-01-17 10:25 AM

49. "Kaep is better than Eli too. "
In response to Reply # 45

(C)Keith Murray, "

smutsboy
33301 posts
Fri Dec-01-17 05:50 PM

54. "Kap is better than 75-100% of every 2nd stringer in the league"
In response to Reply # 45

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Sun Dec-03-17 10:03 PM

56. "He's proly better than 7-10 starting QBs too. Maybe more. "
In response to Reply # 54

(C)Keith Murray, "

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 03:30 AM

57. "since their super bowl, Flacco has unquestionably been worse."
In response to Reply # 54

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 05:52 AM

58. "Question for y'all about this Rex Ryan shit"
In response to Reply # 0

When is the last time you saw a coach openly shit on a
backup this way to the press?

And him calling Geno a "nice guy" actually made it worse;
it'd be one thing for him to say Geno is a terrible person
and teammate. (he's not)

It's one thing for him to simply say the way Eli was benched
was wrong.

But why go out of his way to say this and aggressively
sabotage Geno?

It is unreal what black QBs have to put up with. People
cook the numbers and make shit up...out of NOWHERE.

Tyrod was benched DEAD IN THE MIDDLE OF A PLAYOFF HUNT
for a 5th round pick.

Eli was benched with the SEASON ALREADY OVER, after being
mediocre-bad (worse than Tyrod statistically by a good
bit) for several seasons now.

(C)Keith Murray, "

smutsboy
33301 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 01:16 PM

67. "Rex Ryan is a shitbag"
In response to Reply # 58

and that was before he pimped for Trump

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 11:48 AM

62. "Ben gone"
In response to Reply # 0

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 11:52 AM

63. "...and Jerry Reese with him"
In response to Reply # 62

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 12:23 PM

64. "MAC BITCH!!! (c) Beanie Sigel"

Lol

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 12:25 PM

65. "Why was Geno professing his loyalty to a lame duck coach?"

Clapping back on Ryan, being supportive to his current coach while leaving himself flexibility to stick around during a new regime are 3 things he could've done independently

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 03:35 PM

68. "because Geno's #1 quality is an inability to get out of his own way"
In response to Reply # 65

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 05:01 PM

70. "Being sucker punched by a teammate is his fault? (when black, yes)"
In response to Reply # 68

Imagine a black linebacker breaking a white QBs jaw.

Hell, if RYAN LEAF had his jaw broken y'all would still
be calling the player who did it a psychopath FIRST.

(C)Keith Murray, "

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 05:32 PM

71. "it was an avoidable situation"
In response to Reply # 70

I'm not going to google, but iirc there was something about a training camp appearance and who owed who money.

whatever it is, you can't let it come to throwing blows in the locker room, one way or another.

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 06:19 PM

73. "pay what you owe"
In response to Reply # 70

if you don't?

yeah. that (the consequences) is on you

all that other stuff is huff

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 09:54 PM

75. "Geno had a family member die that week, you imbecile. "
In response to Reply # 73
Mon Dec-04-17 10:00 PM by Orbit_Established

And even if he hadn't, you deserve to be PUNCHED for missing
a QB camp?

But more than that: this is some Black Lives Matter shit: there is
NO CIRCUMSTANCE that would have YOU supporting the SUCKER
PUNCHER if the victim was white.

Black people DESERVE pain. Racists and Uncle Toms are so, so sad.

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Tue Dec-05-17 11:08 AM

81. "you ain't wrapped too tight"
In response to Reply # 75

>Geno had a family member die that week, you imbecile.
>And even if he hadn't, you deserve to be PUNCHED for missing
>a QB camp?

you are implying he got punched because of a family death or because he missed a camp

right.

>But more than that: this is some Black Lives Matter shit:
>there is
>NO CIRCUMSTANCE that would have YOU supporting the SUCKER
>PUNCHER if the victim was white.

support? no

get why? yup.

pay what you owe, or pay the consequences

again, all that other typing you're doing is huff

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 08:53 PM

91. "No"
In response to Reply # 81

He got punched because IK over-reacted. Geno was supposed to show up to IK's camp in Texas, but couldn't because his cousin (or close family friend) died in a motorcycle crash

Geno explains this to IK, offers the $600 that IK was out in cash, IK says we'll settle up later.

IK in pre-season approaches Geno, Geno says I TRIED to give you the money, words were exchanged, and IK suckerpunches Geno

The sad thing is, most people said Geno deserved it...which he didn't
A lot of people (including media members) laughed it off...which is a shame
Geno FINALLY had decent help with Marshall, Decker and Forte, but because he lost 8 weeks, punk ass Ryan Fitzpatrick took his spot and ran with it.

So O_E was right...Geno got punched because he didn't show up to a teammates camp because a family member died.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 05:00 PM

69. "Ughhh Eli was supportive of the coach too. LMAO. "
In response to Reply # 65

>Clapping back on Ryan, being supportive to his current coach
>while leaving himself flexibility to stick around during a new
>regime are 3 things he could've done independently

Jesus Christ, you guys don't even pretend to be fair

Eli was just as supportive

And he "clapped back" because Ryan is a monstrous,
disrespectful dickhead.

(C)Keith Murray, "

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 05:34 PM

72. "eli has nothing at risk."
In response to Reply # 69

I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm not rooting against geno.

I do think that in his position, he'd have been better off saying little or nothing, or at least waiting for someone else to bring the subject up.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 09:55 PM

76. "Doesn't matter. You guys are making up double standards. "
In response to Reply # 72

>I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm not rooting against
>geno.
>
>I do think that in his position, he'd have been better off
>saying little or nothing, or at least waiting for someone else
>to bring the subject up.

Two professional men supporting their current coach.

When Geno does it, it's bad form.

This is comically racist and sad, and all of your should
be ashamed of yourselves.

(C)Keith Murray, "

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 10:12 PM

79. "who said it's bad form? "
In response to Reply # 76

Supporting a dude who is about to get fired is a bad idea unless you have some leverage. Geno has none.

Unless his career goal is to be known as the only person who thinks whatshisname was a good head coach and only after dude made the decision to start him which got the dude fired, then I think he should've said something else.

this ain't a kaepernick stand on principle. if dude believed in him he'd have put him in weeks ago.

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Tue Dec-05-17 01:23 PM

82. "You don't think Eli was playing that dissembling game...."
In response to Reply # 69

>>Clapping back on Ryan, being supportive to his current
>coach
>>while leaving himself flexibility to stick around during a
>new
>>regime are 3 things he could've done independently
>
>Jesus Christ, you guys don't even pretend to be fair
>
>Eli was just as supportive
>
>And he "clapped back" because Ryan is a monstrous,
>disrespectful dickhead.

Where he publicly supports the coach and privately pans him to ownership?

I read Eli's "support" as the kiss of death. I mean, it was clearly insubordinate to say "I'd rather not play than play only half the game". I'm sure ownership reached out to him and got his REAL feelings.

I do think his insubordination would've been looked at differently if a black QB said it but I can't think of a similar black QB ( routinely average but occasionally elite ) that has had that kind of clout.

Anyway, Geno's a backup... he really can't afford any controversy because he's easily replaceable. I'm sure it felt good to swing back at Ryan but that should've came from someone else in the media or his franchise. The lack of support from the franchise on this makes me wonder if he'll be around for the new regime.

Kira
28842 posts
Mon Dec-04-17 07:29 PM

74. "This is the equivalent of benching Tom Brady"
In response to Reply # 0

SPOILER ALERT: YOU DON'T BENCH FUTURE HALL OF FAME QBS AS A ROOKIE HEAD COACH ESPECIALLY A MANNING.

McAdoodoo deserved it because this team is poorly coached and he benched Eli FOR NO FUCKING REASON. Eli didn't deserve to be benched anyways so now the coach goes. Jerry Reese got the axe as well.

McAdoo is the absolute worst coach and goes back to the coordinator life.

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Tue Dec-05-17 10:24 AM

80. "its not.. but it kinda is if that makes sense. "
In response to Reply # 74

Tom Brady on a 2-10 team that looks like TRASH and Billicheat puts in a backup? I doubt anyone gives a shit cause Billicheat is a great coach.

A rookie head coach? Yeah.. that's a problem.

The real problem tho is the owner wasn't really against benching Manning. It's just the fan reaction that made him change his mind. If anything they used Geno as the scapegoat to protect Webb. This is who the coaches and FO really wanted to see but they didn't want Webb to face that fire from the fans in NYC... so they let Geno do it since he is used to being shitted on in NYC.

Cenario
59173 posts
Tue Dec-05-17 01:50 PM

83. "Mcadoo isn't even a rookie coach"
In response to Reply # 80

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Tue Dec-05-17 01:53 PM

84. "Isn't this his first HC gig? "
In response to Reply # 83

Cenario
59173 posts
Tue Dec-05-17 06:50 PM

86. "Is Mike tomlin a rookie head coach?"
In response to Reply # 84

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Tue Dec-05-17 09:36 PM

89. "Lol"
In response to Reply # 86

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Tue Dec-05-17 04:24 PM

85. "pretty much. there were plenty of reasons to bench Eli"

but McAdoo didn't have the juice to pull it off, and I'm shocked he tried.

Kira
28842 posts
Tue Dec-05-17 07:38 PM

88. "Technically it's McAdoo's second year but... that's kinda a rookie in NF..."

>Tom Brady on a 2-10 team that looks like TRASH and Billicheat
>puts in a backup? I doubt anyone gives a shit cause Billicheat
>is a great coach.
>
>A rookie head coach? Yeah.. that's a problem.
>
>The real problem tho is the owner wasn't really against
>benching Manning. It's just the fan reaction that made him
>change his mind. If anything they used Geno as the scapegoat
>to protect Webb. This is who the coaches and FO really wanted
>to see but they didn't want Webb to face that fire from the
>fans in NYC... so they let Geno do it since he is used to
>being shitted on in NYC.
>

The next Giants head coach needs to keep Eli as starter and groom Davis Webb for the future. It does suck for Geno that the first coach that believed in him got the axe as soon as he inserted him into the starting lineup.

Cenario
59173 posts
Tue Dec-05-17 06:52 PM

87. "And now he's starting again smh"
In response to Reply # 0

I get what spags is doing but cmon, smh

Cenario
59173 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 02:08 PM

90. "Damn"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2631935 Previous topic | Next topic