Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2629985

Subject: "Byron Buxton is the best defensive player in MLB" Previous topic | Next topic
Walleye
Charter member
15521 posts
Sun Nov-12-17 03:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Byron Buxton is the best defensive player in MLB"

I already knew it. But now you do too.

https://www.twinkietown.com/2017/11/10/16635936/byron-buxton-wins-award-for-best-defensive-player-in-baseball-minnesota-twins-mlb-wilson-kiermaier

Byron Buxton wins Wilson award for best defensive player in baseball

by myjah@KirbysLeftEye Nov 10, 2017, 8:19pm EST

Byron Buxton won his first Rawlings AL Center Fielder Gold Glove award last week, but it didn’t take him long to add more to his trophy cabinet. Today, Buxton won the 2017 Wilson Defensive Player of the Year award. Yeah, as in “player” — all players — not just center fielders. So I guess this is better than an AL Center Field Gold Glove? I’ve just never really heard of the award before. It makes sense, though, that Wilson, the other baseball glove maker, wanted to get their say on who uses the glove the best.

Apparently, the award was created in 2012, and actually uses a mathematical formula instead of just eye balls to award a winner. That formula uses:

25% Defensive WAR
25% Defensive Runs Saved
20% Inside Edge fielding ratings
20% Inside Edge arm ratings
10% fielding percentage
Obviously, Byron Buxton came out on top this year.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2629985 Previous topic | Next topic