Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2606733

Subject: "Rockets vs Spurs 2017 semi finals." Previous topic | Next topic
normal35762
Member since Oct 20th 2004
13246 posts
Sun Apr-30-17 08:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Rockets vs Spurs 2017 semi finals."
Sun Apr-30-17 08:52 PM by normal35762

How will it go down?

I want Houston to win but I think San Antonio vs Golden State in the WC finals would be more interesting. A healthy well prepared San Antonio.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I like Spurs in 6; every game down to the wire.
Apr 30th 2017
Houston in 6
Apr 30th 2017
Rockets in 6
May 01st 2017
Spurs in 5
May 01st 2017

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Sun Apr-30-17 09:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I like Spurs in 6; every game down to the wire."
In response to Reply # 0

Their 4 games this year were decided by a total of 12 points. The Spurs took three of four (by 6, 2, and 2; Rox won one by 2.)

If the Rox bench can keep performing like they did, they'll be tough to beat but I'm just not sure they'll be able to keep that up against San Antonio. I also think that enough of the reserves and Aldridge struggled enough in the first round that they could be focused on and committed to their roles this series.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Premiere
Member since Sep 02nd 2005
2177 posts
Sun Apr-30-17 10:40 PM

2. "Houston in 6"
In response to Reply # 0

Houston has the bench advantage, and the shooting will be able to come more freely against a less athletic team that gets back on transition defense more consistently but also more slowly. Close games more likely favor the Spurs with the superior one-on-one scorer (at least this season, he has been), and even if the Rockets grab an early lead in the series, San Antonio clearly has the coaching advantage. I just think the talent on Houston runs deeper and works together better. I am clearly biased, though. Rockets in 6, but any ending in 6 or 7 games wouldn't shock me. Either team grabbing it earlier than that would have to be injury-based, in my estimation.

Selassie I God
Member since Feb 21st 2006
10355 posts
Mon May-01-17 04:24 AM

3. " Rockets in 6 "
In response to Reply # 0

____
Some will tell you that they love you but they've got an ulterior motive - Oh what a shame
They will tell you that they need you but they've got an ulterior motive - Personal gain

(c) Luciano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg0-qndkemo

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon May-01-17 08:22 AM

4. "Spurs in 5"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2606733 Previous topic | Next topic