Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2602937

Subject: "The Orlando Magic Offseason Post" Previous topic | Next topic
SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Tue Apr-04-17 02:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Orlando Magic Offseason Post"

A little early? Not really. Their season is over and someone just posted what appears to be their war room plan for the offseason.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-photo-leak-0403-story.html

Henigan apparently thinks he might be able to get Saric for Aaron Gordon, which is not a phone call that I'd expect would last very long.

It is funny that they still consider Ibaka a potential FA possibility. Ditto for Tobias Harris as a potential trade.

Lakers fans should rejoice that, for some reason, Luol Deng is on the list. I'm sure they'd want someone great back to take Luol's contract but stranger things have happened. Nance is the only guy listed on the board. That would be a great deal to clear some cap for LA.

If I'm a Magic fan, this is exhibit A for why they should let Henigan go. The majority of this list doesn't improve the Magic at all. It's nice that Hennigan is realistic (mostly) about his assets but Chandler Parsons? Wilson Chandler? I like Gallinari but he's not moving the needle any.
Also, the complete lack of point guards on this board would terrify me. Sure, they'll probably get someone in the draft but they should probably look to grab a better short term starter/mentor.

And finally, I appreciate the big X next to Jeff Green's name. (At least I hope that's Jeff. There's two on the board. Hope they didn't X out JaMychael.)

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: The Orlando Magic Offseason Post
Apr 04th 2017
Not sure I buy that.
Apr 04th 2017

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43353 posts
Tue Apr-04-17 07:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "RE: The Orlando Magic Offseason Post"
In response to Reply # 0

Looked bad at first but the way I understand from connected magic fans is that the part about ibaka and other one tracks all the possible player movement--or at least several scenarios around the league--not necessarily who they're targets are.

The person who took and or posted the photo though should be fired. Regardless of if you or I are right. You never want that stuff getting out for the speculation.

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Tue Apr-04-17 11:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Not sure I buy that."
In response to Reply # 1

I mean, there's a lot of potential free agents not on that list.

I think it was the agent for the guy the Magic just signed who posted (and then deleted) the tweet.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2602937 Previous topic | Next topic