Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2592192

Subject: "Roethlisberger may dislike his HC and WR1, who are coincidentally black" Previous topic | Next topic
will_5198
Charter member
63108 posts
Thu Jan-26-17 02:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Roethlisberger may dislike his HC and WR1, who are coincidentally black"

shit, I want to talk about it. Roethlisberger going to force his way out? force Tomlin out? they get another year of Brown either way, and I guess they could Santonio him, but he's way better than Holmes was and one of the few difference-makers that can key a Super Bowl run. still, that locker-room video was a huge violation.

what about Haley? he had some run-ins with his own players in KC and his great regular season offense was garbage this January.

I don't give a fuck about the Steelers, but if Martavis Bryant can get back to what he was, a team with all those weapons is fun to watch. and it's funny/sad to see a guy who was suspended for being an alleged rapist pointing fingers at others for a lack of leadership.

--------

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Are you making this up?
Jan 26th 2017
Roethlisberger vents on radio
Jan 26th 2017
      I don't read any of his comments as a shot at Tomlin
Jan 27th 2017
      yeah, I was lookin for it...
Jan 27th 2017
      :-x
Jan 27th 2017
Such a pillar of the community could never be racist
Jan 26th 2017
Can rapists be racists?
Jan 26th 2017
      but but but all his best WRS and RBS have been black
Jan 26th 2017
he said they were out-coached and out-played...
Jan 26th 2017
he's never liked Haley...
Jan 26th 2017
Maybe Ben shoulda played better under Arians
Jan 27th 2017
I posted about this and it got deleted, oh well *shrugs*
Jan 27th 2017
i guess alot of people dont follow the steelers
Jan 27th 2017
basically
Jan 27th 2017
when we wiffed on CBs in the draft in 2011 and 2012
Jan 27th 2017
RE: i guess alot of people dont follow the steelers
Jan 27th 2017
This one is on Tomlin and Butler
Jan 27th 2017

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18386 posts
Thu Jan-26-17 02:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Are you making this up? "
In response to Reply # 0

will_5198
Charter member
63108 posts
Thu Jan-26-17 02:33 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Roethlisberger vents on radio"
In response to Reply # 1

on playing in 2017:

"I don't know. It's one of those things, I was talking to my wife about it last night. I talked to my agent about it, coach about it," Roethlisberger said. "I'm gonna take this offseason to evaluate, to consider all options, to consider health and family and things like that and just kind of take some time away to evaluate next season -- if there's gonna be a next season."

on Brown:

“He's one of the best in the business, and the plays that he makes and has made over his career are so special. I think sometimes that overshadows the extra stuff: the hands up, the arms up, the frustrations, the pouting, the things like that.”

on Haley:

"I have no problem sneaking," Roethlisberger said. "I think my sneak percentage ... is pretty successful, in the high 90s. We've done it before. I've never, ever in my life expressed not wanting to do it, I have no problem doing it, I would have done it three or four times in a row if we had to. The plays come in from Coach Haley and I call them."

article-filling and OKP fodder tea leaves by Peter King:

"I got the sense, regarding the Roethlisberger/Tomlin situation, that the quarterback is frustrated that Brown is acting up over and over again, and the coach hasn’t stopped it. Good on Tomlin for forcefully going after Brown after the Facebook incident last week, but little things have flared up often this year. I cannot imagine Tom Brady issuing a read-between-the-lines call-out of an offensive teammate; he’d never question how Bill Belichick was handling a player. Maybe Roethlisberger isn’t. But two weeks in a row, when he questions things like players’ maturity and attentiveness, what really is he talking about? Players, yes. But also—right or wrong—the control of them by the head coach."

--------

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Jan-27-17 10:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "I don't read any of his comments as a shot at Tomlin"
In response to Reply # 2

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Fri Jan-27-17 10:49 AM

13. "yeah, I was lookin for it..."
In response to Reply # 12

I don't ride for Ben like that, but I've never heard the "racist" tag on him before. I was recently, even, listening to an interview with Ryan Clark...he said had a closer relationship with Ben than he did with any other man besides himself.,,been would come and watch his son play football, when sometimes he couldn't make it.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Flash80
Member since Jan 03rd 2007
6953 posts
Fri Jan-27-17 12:57 PM

17. ":-x"
In response to Reply # 2

>"I have no problem sneaking," Roethlisberger said. "I think my
>sneak percentage ... is pretty successful

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Thu Jan-26-17 02:34 PM

3. "Such a pillar of the community could never be racist "
In response to Reply # 0

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66745 posts
Thu Jan-26-17 02:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Can rapists be racists? "
In response to Reply # 3

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43353 posts
Thu Jan-26-17 02:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "but but but all his best WRS and RBS have been black"
In response to Reply # 4

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Thu Jan-26-17 02:49 PM

5. "he said they were out-coached and out-played... "
In response to Reply # 0

..and he wasn't the only one who said it.

hell, it was obvious to anyone who watched the game.

how can anyone find fault with facts?

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Thu Jan-26-17 03:51 PM

7. "he's never liked Haley..."
In response to Reply # 0

lots of players have disliked Haley. Kurt Warner and Haley used to get into wild arguments on the sideline. Haley kinda seems like a dick.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79578 posts
Fri Jan-27-17 12:16 PM

16. "Maybe Ben shoulda played better under Arians"
In response to Reply # 7

We would go 10 quarters without a TD every year without Arians. Ben also took a beating with Arians...

Players loved him tho...

I liked Arians as well but it was frustrating at times. Ben liked Arians tho and that's important. I don't think Ben likes the game right now.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Fri Jan-27-17 07:12 AM

8. "I posted about this and it got deleted, oh well *shrugs*"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16802 posts
Fri Jan-27-17 08:24 AM

9. "i guess alot of people dont follow the steelers"
In response to Reply # 0

this is the 3rd offseason Ben has said something like this
Tomlin aint getting fired and it dont matter to the Rooneys that hes black
Haley is what he is
the secondary and edge rush are our problems
we fixed that somehow we are fine
Martavias is the wild card...if he comes back improved....

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

Boogiedwn
Member since Sep 25th 2003
8677 posts
Fri Jan-27-17 08:34 AM

10. "basically"
In response to Reply # 9

>the secondary and edge rush are our problems

Hell secondary been a problem a year or two before Polamalu left

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16802 posts
Fri Jan-27-17 10:32 AM

11. "when we wiffed on CBs in the draft in 2011 and 2012"
In response to Reply # 10

i knew this was coming

we took two CBs in the 2011 with our 2 and 3rd pick who didnt stick
and we took one in the 7th round in 2012 that of course wasnt sticking
and our biggest secondary addition from FA is Mike Mitchell....lol

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

COOLEHMAGAZINE
Member since May 22nd 2007
5563 posts
Fri Jan-27-17 11:34 AM

14. "RE: i guess alot of people dont follow the steelers"
In response to Reply # 9

The fact that Harrison is still their best edge rusher is just…wow

Jarvis Jones busted out badly, Bud Dupree has been pedestrian…and yeah, they don't have a single noteworthy cornerback

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos

http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79578 posts
Fri Jan-27-17 12:13 PM

15. "This one is on Tomlin and Butler"
In response to Reply # 9

The Defensive scheme for that game was disgusting. Why the fuck we keep dropping LBs into coverage vs te Pats? It doesn't work. Stop trying that shit.

Fuck Ben for calling out the young players. Remember Ben in his first playoff game? Trash. We needed 2 shanked FGs to win that game vs the Jets. Ben had 2TDs but one was an 86 yard pick 6.

How about Ben play better on the road? He played well vs the Pats and there was some horrible drops but how many times have we seen Ben go for a low percentage bomb on 3rd and short instead of moving the chains?

Ben is his 13th year and can't call a QB sneak on 1st and GL?

I appreciate what Ben has done for this team but the guy is trash on the road lately. Worst road splits out of all the good QB's and the guy is trash in the RZ.

As much as fans love Ben I think they will be surprised by how good this team is without him because dude doesn't have that fire like he used to have. I think getting married and having kids has changed him. He needs a hall pass before big games because this offense is pedestrian for too often given the weapons we have. Fuck Haley too and his sub packages. Fucking up the flow on O.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2592192 Previous topic | Next topic