Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2567251

Subject: ""We got a Point Guard...thats SMART...that's LOYAL" - The Bulls" Previous topic | Next topic
TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Tue Sep-27-16 08:40 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
""We got a Point Guard...thats SMART...that's LOYAL" - The Bulls"

"what was quickly discovered on Tuesday was that having a point guard with an actual high basketball IQ benefits everybody. Rose liked to insist that he had a basketball IQ, but he seemed to be the only one that shared that opinion."

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/derrick-rose-inserts-foot-in-mouth-rajon-rondo-just-does-work/

Meeting with New York reporters following his first practice with his new Knicks teammates on Tuesday, Rose said that the city of Chicago took him for granted.

“All I can do is just work on my game and hope that they continue to look,’’ the former Bulls point guard insisted.

Took him for granted?

“Hope they continue to look?’’

What?

Considering all of the drama Rose put his hometown fan base through the last four years, as well as his organization, the last thing Rose should be doing is pointing fingers about who took who for granted.

Then again, reality isn’t one of Rose’s strengths.

As the Bulls players were finding out first-hand, not the only deficiency that their former point guard carried onto the court.

Rondo is by no means an angel with some of his on-the-court antics, but what was quickly discovered on Tuesday was that having a point guard with an actual high basketball IQ benefits everybody. Rose liked to insist that he had a basketball IQ, but he seemed to be the only one that shared that opinion.

There’s a reason Hoiberg had to dummy-down the playbook last season, as well as constantly stay on Rose about defensive assignments and game-plan.

Not a concern with Rondo.

“Recognition will be a big thing with this group,’’ Hoiberg said. “And I think we’ll be good with that with Rondo. He can survey the floor so well when he’s coming down, get us into a secondary type action. Wade and Jimmy have shown over the course of their careers that they can make plays and get into the paint. The big thing is playing off each other. With Rondo coming down the floor with the ball in his hands, you feel very good because he’s generally going to make the right play.’’

That doesn’t mean Rondo has a better basketball skillset than Rose – pre- or post-knee surgery for Rose. What he does have, however, is a high IQ, a leadership voice, and the ability to help with the younger players.

“The biggest thing that I’ve been most impressed with Rajon is the minute he stepped on this floor when he got back here in August is he pulled everybody together,’’ Hoiberg said. “He’s got the best voice on the team. When you have point guard out there who can get you into something and talk the way he does, that sets the tone for everybody. If you have a guy not only offensively getting you into something but defensively making sure guys are pointing and talking and making sure guys are pointing and talking and getting back and matched up in transition, that’s where it starts.’’

Traits that Butler is already embracing.

“ really sees things before they even develop out there on the basketball floor, so it makes everybody’s job a lot easier,’’ Butler said. “Like I always say, when you put good basketball players out there on the floor you just go. Everything just falls into place, falls into line. You don’t have to worry about too much of anything. And with him he’s an incredible leader. He just wants everybody to be successful. He’s going to put you in position to be just that.’’

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
is this another rondo as russell crowe bullshit post?
Sep 27th 2016
I'm interested in seeing how they do.
Sep 27th 2016
How long till he and Wade throw hands in practice?
Sep 28th 2016
What a terrible article. There isn't even a rose quote
Sep 28th 2016
joe cowley.
Sep 28th 2016
lol you're right...it his him
Sep 28th 2016
he's one of those cynical miserable dudes that just hates life.
Sep 28th 2016
RE: joe cowley.
Sep 28th 2016
Is he wrong, tho?
Sep 28th 2016
      I didnt see any shots from rose in the article that's linked here.
Sep 28th 2016
           Let's go back
Sep 29th 2016
                dude the article says this
Sep 29th 2016
Am I the only one who thinks the Bulls will be better w/o Rose?
Sep 28th 2016
how many ya'll win last year? i think ya'll wind up with 35-38
Sep 28th 2016
https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/781204874016886784
Sep 28th 2016
Rio Chalmers rolling over in his grave
Sep 28th 2016
Rondo >>> GP, Chalmers, Dragic
Sep 28th 2016
Rio knows he's a couple letters shy of Rondo, real talk nm
Sep 29th 2016
Despite the fact Mario Chalmers was around when Wade won rings
Sep 29th 2016
lol...guys the Rio thing was just a play on Mr. Maxxxx's...
Sep 29th 2016
      NOPE DONT TRY TO CHANGE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 29th 2016
           that was perfect
Sep 29th 2016
I didnt know Vince bolted for Chicago
Sep 28th 2016

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Tue Sep-27-16 09:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "is this another rondo as russell crowe bullshit post? "
In response to Reply # 0

nobody care about his connect four adventures.

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

High Society
Member since Oct 13th 2003
7375 posts
Tue Sep-27-16 09:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I'm interested in seeing how they do."
In response to Reply # 0

They don't have perimeter shooting.
They don't have defense from the one or two spot.

I think they came up with the Lopez move.
I believe he played 82 games last season.

Taj is still standing but maybe he's a piece you can move.
Mirotic gotta find his rookie form again.
McBuckets showed a lil promise last year, he needs to build more.
As well as Bobby.

But - we know it all starts and ends with Butler.
Maybe some high IQ guys, Butler, Lopez and a stretch 4
can mesh and just play ball.

I just have a hard time seeing it.
Again, not a lot of shooting or D.

I'll watch a few games.

-----
Cameo
Soundshape Records

okayplayery
Member since Aug 25th 2012
518 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 02:23 AM

3. "How long till he and Wade throw hands in practice?"
In response to Reply # 0

Two guys who hate each other playing under a weak ass coach who lost a team in two first months of his rookie year

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59180 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 05:41 AM

4. "What a terrible article. There isn't even a rose quote"
In response to Reply # 0

ABout the bulls taking him for granted

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 05:56 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "joe cowley."
In response to Reply # 4

i don't even have to click thru, i'm sure he wrote this.

complete fucking hack. mariotti 2.0.

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

Cenario
59180 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 07:29 AM

6. "lol you're right...it his him"
In response to Reply # 5

that's how i feel about mike lupica articles in the Daily news. I can read the first 2 sentences and i know its him...refuse to read the rest.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 08:41 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "he's one of those cynical miserable dudes that just hates life."
In response to Reply # 6

finds the absolute most negative angle on any situation.

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 09:07 AM

8. "RE: joe cowley."
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah...dude has always been full of shit....Hell, Rose is no angel.....But anyone that reads the Chicago Sun Times knows Cowley isn't someone u should take seriously....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

DVS
Member since Sep 13th 2002
19730 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 02:37 PM

10. "Is he wrong, tho?"
In response to Reply # 4

Derrick has been terrible at PR throughout his entire career.

After sitting on the bench for the better part of 3 seasons, getting a full re-up from management off potential alone, and fucking up HUNDREDS of plays while being treated with kid gloves...the last thing he needs to be doing is taking shots at the Bulls.

Dude just doesn't have a clue. And I was one of his BIGGEST supporters.

Rondo knows how to play...he's played with Alpha Male talent and knows how to facilitate...if he argues it's because he's passionate about the game...I doubt he ever has any issue with Wade...Hoiberg maybe, but not Wade or Jimmy. They understand that shit.

D

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Waldorf and Statler Vol 4:CONAN IS OUT NOW!!!: http://waldorfandstatler.bandcamp.com

and don't forget to check "DVS 4 ALDERMAN"

http://windimoto.bandcamp.com/album/dvs-4-alderman-bandcamp-exclusive-expanded-editio

Cenario
59180 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 02:40 PM

11. "I didnt see any shots from rose in the article that's linked here."
In response to Reply # 10

Rose says he's gonna work on his game and he hopes the city of chicago looks. That's taking a shot?

DVS
19730 posts
Thu Sep-29-16 12:18 PM

18. "Let's go back"
In response to Reply # 11

When asked about the Bulls not resigning him, allowing him to join the Knicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2ayGB9Hqtk

"I don't know why I was traded but I'd like to say THANK YOU" (insert chuckle here)"

"I feel like they are gonna appreciate me a little bit more..."

Add on to being stubborn recruiting free agents...having his brother running his mouth to the press when he was dissatisfied...let's just say that he hasn't really treated the team with the same respect that they've shown him.

Doesn't have to be in that article...all the die hard Bulls fans have seen it.

Seeing him leaves hurts...but it also makes sense.

D

Waldorf and Statler Vol 4:CONAN IS OUT NOW!!!: http://waldorfandstatler.bandcamp.com

http://windimoto.bandcamp.com/album/dvs-4-alderman-bandcamp-exclusive-expanded-editio

Cenario
59180 posts
Thu Sep-29-16 01:51 PM

21. "dude the article says this"
In response to Reply # 18

>Meeting with New York reporters following his first practice with his new Knicks teammates on Tuesday, Rose said that the city of Chicago took him for granted.

Where are those quotes?

It was a terrible article.

DVS
19730 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 02:31 PM

9. "Am I the only one who thinks the Bulls will be better w/o Rose?"
In response to Reply # 0

Like...was I the only one who saw the default play of Rose dribbling downcourt, unable to find a teammate, then playing superhero ball, ending up in a contested fadeaway from just inside the arc?

....or dribbling off his knees then pointing to a teammate like it was their fault?

Rondo is not a scorer. He's a facilitator.

He needs the ball in his hands but he also knows how to get the ball into people's hands.

The person I'm going to miss the most is Gasol...but even then Bobby "Singletary Eyes" Portis and Taj are going to be waaaaaay better on defense and with Rondo, they'll be getting the ball in position to play to their strengths.

I'm not OVERLY optimistic...but the Bulls gonna be nice this year.

Maybe it's just me.

D

Cenario
59180 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 02:41 PM

12. "how many ya'll win last year? i think ya'll wind up with 35-38"
In response to Reply # 9

maybe better if wade gets hurt or is forced to severely reduce his minutes or come off the bench.

Butler/rondo would work better with a shooter at the other wing imo.

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 03:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/781204874016886784"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/781204874016886784

Noted

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 05:13 PM

14. "Rio Chalmers rolling over in his grave"
In response to Reply # 13

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43353 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 08:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
16. "Rondo >>> GP, Chalmers, Dragic"
In response to Reply # 14

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

DVS
19730 posts
Thu Sep-29-16 12:09 PM

17. "Rio knows he's a couple letters shy of Rondo, real talk nm"
Thu Sep-29-16 12:09 PM by DVS

Numba_33
Charter member
19332 posts
Thu Sep-29-16 12:35 PM

19. "Despite the fact Mario Chalmers was around when Wade won rings"
In response to Reply # 17

in Miami recently, he was the roster's whipping boy it seems, so it shouldn't be a big surprised to see Wade dump on him one last time.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Thu Sep-29-16 01:05 PM

20. "lol...guys the Rio thing was just a play on Mr. Maxxxx's..."

"rolling over in his grave" line when the person wasn't actually dead. Everyone on the planet knows Rio at his best wasn't seeing Rondo.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Cenario
59180 posts
Thu Sep-29-16 01:52 PM

22. "NOPE DONT TRY TO CHANGE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 20

YOU THOUGHT RIO WAS BETTER.

OWN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u mad.

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Thu Sep-29-16 01:54 PM

23. "that was perfect"
In response to Reply # 22

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35253 posts
Wed Sep-28-16 05:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "I didnt know Vince bolted for Chicago"
In response to Reply # 13

Hes good

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2567251 Previous topic | Next topic