Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2526524

Subject: "Y'all hear this Indian Wells CEO body himself the other day? (link)" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 11:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Y'all hear this Indian Wells CEO body himself the other day? (link)"
Tue Mar-22-16 11:07 AM by Dstl1

I heard about it yesterday morning on Mike and Mike. Dude was laid back in the cut like he had a Captain and Coke in one hand a Cuban cigar in the other, when he said this...among other things:

"I think the WTA ... You know, in my next life, when I come back, I want to be someone in the WTA because they ride on the coattails of the men," Moore said, according to multiple reports. "They don't make any decisions, and they are lucky. They are very, very lucky. If I was a lady player, I'd go down every night on my knees and thank God that Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal were born because they have carried this sport. They really have."

Well...he gone (c).... Stepped down. He went on to put his foot further and further in his mouth, though...

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/15026527/indian-wells-ceo-says-wta-rides-men-coattails

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Novak went out and said shit he shouldnt have too
Mar 22nd 2016
Sexism is alive and well
Mar 22nd 2016

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66746 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 11:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Novak went out and said shit he shouldnt have too"
In response to Reply # 0

Even if true (which I think the numbers say it is) you cant say it. Say men play longer matches and thats why we should get more but here we are.

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8751 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 02:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Sexism is alive and well"
In response to Reply # 0

What he said was obviously ignorant and also isn't entirely accurate since Serena is probably the biggest star, among the men's and women's tours, in American tennis at least. And then the comment about the women athletes also needing to be physically attractive is truly chauvinistic and undercuts the competitive value of his sport.

The biggest takeaway is that the response from fans and management was swift and through. People in general are showing a zero tolerance for sexist behavior and comments.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2526524 Previous topic | Next topic