Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2472187

Subject: "You knew it had to happen...Reggie Wayne to New England (link)" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56231 posts
Mon Aug-24-15 12:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"You knew it had to happen...Reggie Wayne to New England (link)"
Mon Aug-24-15 12:34 PM by Dstl1

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/24/report-patriots-sign-reggie-wayne/

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I wasn't aware he wasn't on the Colts anymore.
Aug 24th 2015
it would've been awkward for him to come back.
Aug 25th 2015

Numba_33
Charter member
19333 posts
Mon Aug-24-15 02:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I wasn't aware he wasn't on the Colts anymore."
In response to Reply # 0

Why did the Colts pass on retaining him? Did he slow down? Too many injuries? Colts trying to save bank for when they have to re-sign Luck?

will_5198
Charter member
63109 posts
Tue Aug-25-15 12:51 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "it would've been awkward for him to come back."
In response to Reply # 1
Tue Aug-25-15 12:52 AM by will_5198

his contract was up, so if the Colts resigned him it would've been a one-year deal to be the sixth option behind Hilton/Johnson/Montcrief/Allen/Gore (dump-offs). better for him to retire, or go to a team where he could possibly play, than be a franchise legend who spends 2015 as a game day inactive.

in his age-37 season and slowed even more by major knee surgery at 35, this is Belichick adding to his personal favorites collection as a coach (see: Junior Seau). Wayne is about the only Manning-era Colt on offense he's ever respected (probably Edge too).

--------

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2472187 Previous topic | Next topic