Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2471425

Subject: "Is Ricky Town's pops a rapper ? (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Mon Aug-17-15 01:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Is Ricky Town's pops a rapper ? (swipe)"

that was quick..

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/08/ricky_town_transfer_usc_2015.html

Former Alabama commit Ricky Town reportedly leaving USC before first season

At one time, Ricky Town was viewed a potential star at Alabama. But he decommitted last January, chose a new school and the Crimson Tide moved on to another southern California passer.

But the story took another turn Sunday. After just a few weeks of preseason practice at USC, Town is leaving the Trojan program, according to Demetric Warren, Varsity Preps' director of scouting. USC beat writer Adam Maya noted Town was not at Sunday's practice.

Town was the No. 6 pro-style quarterback in 247Sports' recruiting rankings. He was No. 2 when dropping his Alabama commitment, which opened the door for Blake Barnett to commit and eventually sign. Barnett was the No. 2 quarterback in the 247Sports final ranking. USC also signed Sam Darnold, the No. 4 dual-threat quarterback to the 2015 class.

After signing his National Letter of Intent in January, Town will have to sit out one season before playing at a new school.

Town enrolled in January and participated in spring practices. Trojan coach Steve Sarkisian last week told reporters Town had shown improvement over the spring, but the Los Angeles Daily News reported he struggled in practice.

Town committed to Alabama in August 2013 but changed his mind in January 2014.

"I sent Coach Saban an email and said 'Thank you for everything, but I have to do what's best for me,'" Town told the AJC last year. "I never heard back from Coach Saban. But one of the girls that works in his office, she wrote back and said 'Best of luck.'"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
weird
Aug 17th 2015

3xKrazy
Charter member
21582 posts
Mon Aug-17-15 09:02 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "weird"
In response to Reply # 0

at first i didn't realize that he had enrolled for spring. thought he just showed up for camp and bailed after a week.

still weird but not quite as insanely weird.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2471425 Previous topic | Next topic