Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2418593

Subject: "Live Strong as an All-Time Douche, gets GF to take fall for hit-and-run ..." Previous topic | Next topic
The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 11:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Live Strong as an All-Time Douche, gets GF to take fall for hit-and-run ..."

I thought I'd find it hard to dislike this dude even more than I already do but he always is willing to prove me wrong!

Lance Armstrong cited in Aspen crash after letting girlfriend take blame
By Jesse Paul
The Denver Post

Lance Armstrong's girlfriend lied to police and took the blame after the disgraced cyclist drove an SUV into two parked vehicles in Aspen after a December night out at a ritzy hotel event, police records show.

Armstrong, 43, was issued a summons and faces charges of duty to report accidents and exceeding safe speeds for conditions after Aspen police discovered the cover-up.

Failure to report an accident is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days in jail and a fine of between $150 and $300. Driving too fast for conditions is punishable by a fine between $15 and $100.

Armstrong's girlfriend, Anna Hansen, 33, initially took the blame for the crashes, telling police that she was behind the wheel of Armstrong's GMC Yukon. Hansen later admitted to investigators that Armstrong was behind the wheel.

Immediately after the late-night crash, the Armstrong car parked around the corner and then Hansen ran in high heels through the snow towards the two vehicles Armstrong had hit, apologizing to a homeowner whose in-laws were renting the damaged SUVs.

"She said, 'I'm Anna, we're the Armstrongs, my husband's Lance, he was just driving maybe too fast around the corner or something,'" the man told police.

Hansen told the man she and Armstrong would "pay for everything" and left her name and number before leaving, the man told police. Investigators contacted Hansen after the crash in what was initially called a hit-and-run.

Hansen said Armstrong "had a little bit to drink" and so she drove home from the Dec. 28 Aspen Art Museum's "freestyle gala" at the St. Regis Aspen Resort, according to a police report.

An investigator reviewed surveillance video from the gala and saw Armstrong get into the driver's seat of the vehicle and leave, which was corroborated by a valet.

When confronted about the discrepancies in her story, Hansen maintained that she was driving when the crash happened and that she and Armstrong had switched places after they left the party.

On Dec. 31, Hansen came to the Pitkin County courthouse in Aspen with her attorney and admitted to being the passenger that night. She also said that Armstrong was driving when the crashes happened.

"We've had our family name smeared over every paper in the world in the last couple of years and honestly, I've got teenagers, I just wanted to protect my family because I thought, 'Gosh, Anna Hansen hit some cars, it's not going to show up in the papers, but Lance Armstrong hit some cars, it's going to be a national story,'" Hansen told investigators.

Hansen said that Armstrong did not ask her to take the blame and that the decision to deceive police was a joint one, records say. The couple parked around the corner out of view after the crashes before Hansen ran back to apologize, records show.

"I'm sorry I lied to you that morning but I was trying to make it sound like well I was driving," Hansen told an investigator, the report said. " ... I'm not in the habit of lying in general and especially not to police officers so, I don't know I was just trying to make something up at that time."

Hansen said Armstrong was not intoxicated when he drove into the parked vehicles. She told police roads were "crazy icy," though an investigator noted police did not respond to any other accident the night of the crash.

At first, Hansen was issued a summons in the crash before admitting that Armstrong was behind the wheel. Hansen has not been charged in the incident.

Armstrong declined immediate comment to The Associated Press and his attorney, Pamela Mackey, didn't immediately return a call from the AP. Armstrong faces possibly jail time and fines if he is convicted.

The Aspen Daily News first reported Armstrong's citations.

Armstrong won the Tour de France every year from 1999 to 2005. Those titles were stripped after a report by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency detailed the use of performance enhancing drugs by Armstrong and his U.S. Postal Service teammates.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Has anyone fallen farther from grace than this scumbag?
Feb 04th 2015
OJ, Jayson WIlliams, Rae Carruth, Oscar Pistorius....
Feb 04th 2015
None of those dudes were ever held up as American heroes
Feb 04th 2015
i was talking about the fall
Feb 04th 2015
Shit OJ was probably the first cross-over black athlete
Feb 04th 2015
OJ has a case but everyone else... NOPE
Feb 04th 2015
Jayson Williams was Oprah's boy toy- he fucked up the most.
Feb 05th 2015
clarett, seriously? not even close
Feb 07th 2015
in addition, my choice is Curt Schilling
Feb 04th 2015
      Schilling dropped this turd recently
Feb 05th 2015
      I'd say Schilling is pretty egregious. He almost bankrupted R.I., right?
Feb 05th 2015
This fucking guy is unreal
Feb 04th 2015
this is pretty low on Lance's list of dastardly deeds
Feb 05th 2015
yea i'm here. he seems like a dickhead but this is reaching
Feb 05th 2015
50% of dudes who drive into two cars while hammered...
Feb 05th 2015
No surprise
Feb 05th 2015
the un-great gatsby
Feb 07th 2015

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 12:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Has anyone fallen farther from grace than this scumbag?"
In response to Reply # 0

Can't think of another athlete/sports personality who compares.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 02:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "OJ, Jayson WIlliams, Rae Carruth, Oscar Pistorius...."
In response to Reply # 1

..Maurice Clarette...

point?

you're not thinking very hard

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 02:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "None of those dudes were ever held up as American heroes"
In response to Reply # 2

LOL @ pre-murder Rae Carruth ever being as well known as Lance Armstrong, let alone as revered.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 02:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "i was talking about the fall"
In response to Reply # 3
Wed Feb-04-15 02:36 PM by Selah

being in jail....pretty much forever....AND people thinking you're a scumbag still seems worse

to your "point" though...

i would argue that OJ was on a similar "all american hero" steeze

which is why whitefolks (mainly) is STILL mad about that to this day

*shrug*

armstrong is a scumbag though

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 02:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "Shit OJ was probably the first cross-over black athlete"
In response to Reply # 3

Wasn't too many ninjas that had a major endorsement deal jumping over airport chairs before OJ.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 03:02 PM

7. "OJ has a case but everyone else... NOPE"
In response to Reply # 3

and really, I wouldn't even put the non-OJ choices in this discussion

OJ was a beloved ex-athlete before his fall
but Armstrong was like... he was in that Favre/Brady/Manning tier of "while still playing" athletes, always a pass

Castro
Charter member
50752 posts
Thu Feb-05-15 08:55 PM

15. "Jayson Williams was Oprah's boy toy- he fucked up the most. "
In response to Reply # 3

------------------
One Hundred.

osu_no_1
Member since Feb 26th 2003
9414 posts
Sat Feb-07-15 12:07 PM

17. "clarett, seriously? not even close"
In response to Reply # 2

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 03:03 PM

8. "in addition, my choice is Curt Schilling"
In response to Reply # 1

though it's not as egregious

that dude has become a complete embarrassment after leaving sports

Kungset
Member since Mar 29th 2004
6426 posts
Thu Feb-05-15 12:16 PM

10. "Schilling dropped this turd recently"
In response to Reply # 8

"If you'd just said, 'vote Kerry,' you might be in the Hall of Fame right now," he said, to which Schilling responded, “Absolutely.”

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44720 posts
Thu Feb-05-15 01:02 PM

13. "I'd say Schilling is pretty egregious. He almost bankrupted R.I., right?"
In response to Reply # 8

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

smutsboy
Member since Jun 29th 2002
33301 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 02:43 PM

6. "This fucking guy is unreal"
In response to Reply # 0

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Thu Feb-05-15 12:09 PM

9. "this is pretty low on Lance's list of dastardly deeds"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm convinced over 50% of the male public figures in this situation would do the same thing.

If your girl is sober & a 'civilian' after you just hit two parked cars while hammered, odds are you two are gonna have the talk then switch seats before the cops come.

She knows that you'll take care of the insurance surcharges and that the fallout will be a lot less.

"I ain't sayin its right......I'm just sayin......I understand"(c)Chris Rock

southphillyman
Member since Oct 22nd 2003
90059 posts
Thu Feb-05-15 12:30 PM

11. "yea i'm here. he seems like a dickhead but this is reaching"
In response to Reply # 9

~~~~~~

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86673 posts
Thu Feb-05-15 12:42 PM

12. "50% of dudes who drive into two cars while hammered..."
In response to Reply # 9

... are probably also reprehensible douchebags too.

I'd estimate it's an even higher percentage, really.

Not saying this is the "worst" thing Lance has done. It's hard to rank Lance's wrongdoings from worst to least worst. I just let them all wash over me, bathing me in a thick fog of hate.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Thu Feb-05-15 08:29 PM

14. "No surprise"
In response to Reply # 0

This fits right in with his prior pattern of immoral and reprehensible behavior...until someone like that gets severely punished for their misdeeds, it's very likely to continue.

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

soundsop
Charter member
12988 posts
Sat Feb-07-15 11:35 AM

16. "the un-great gatsby"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2418593 Previous topic | Next topic