Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2392102

Subject: "Player you hate leads your team to a title..." Previous topic | Next topic
COOLEHMAGAZINE
Member since May 22nd 2007
5563 posts
Wed Nov-19-14 11:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Player you hate leads your team to a title..."

Beginning of the Rockets game I'm shitting on Howard for not showing up for his grudge match with Kobe when my girlfriend asks me how I'd feel if Howard had ended up on the Bulls.

I had to think for a bit and decided that I would probably rather the Bulls didn't win another title, than win one with Howard as THE GUY. If Rose was healthy and Howard would definitely be 2nd fiddle I want to say I could stand it, but even then I dunno.

That led to a whole 'nother conversation about, if in some fantastical world, the Bears could get Aaron Rodgers would I want them to do it.

I decided the answer was no.

I honestly feel that watching a player I actively despise to that extent lead my team to a title would pretty much ruin the whole experience.

How about y'all?

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos

http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i'd get over it well before we got close to the chip.
Nov 19th 2014
RE: i'd get over it well before we got close to the chip.
Nov 19th 2014
      so like if Lebron went to the knicks...I'd be happy and rooting for him ...
Nov 20th 2014
Pretend you liked him forever like many Yankee fans in 09 nm.
Nov 20th 2014
RE: Pretend you liked him forever like many Yankee fans in 09 nm.
Nov 20th 2014
I hated Paul Pierce and KG with a passion
Nov 20th 2014
i grew to appreciate favre in 2009
Nov 20th 2014
so did I.
Nov 20th 2014
vikings fans have special insight into this question
Nov 20th 2014
*wide ass Arsenio grin*
Nov 20th 2014
yet another reason to not catch feelings
Nov 20th 2014
pretty much.
Nov 20th 2014
yup.
Nov 20th 2014
Ha. Lots of ppl in OKS think the opposite.
Nov 20th 2014
pretty much
Nov 20th 2014
lol yeah i can't relate at all. Actually, I used to dislike eli and thou...
Nov 20th 2014
      LOL
Nov 20th 2014
           at least with cleveland fans, there's levels to it.
Nov 20th 2014
                LOL
Nov 20th 2014
                we would never be able to live down manningface if those guys never
Nov 20th 2014
                RE: at least with cleveland fans, there's levels to it.
Nov 20th 2014
                     true but see post 11.
Nov 20th 2014
RE: yet another reason to not catch feelings
Nov 20th 2014
^^^^^
Nov 20th 2014
If Brett Favre hadn't pulled a Brett Favre
Nov 20th 2014
RE: If Brett Favre hadn't pulled a Brett Favre
Nov 20th 2014
RE: Player you hate leads your team to a title...
Nov 20th 2014
RE: Player you hate leads your team to a title...
Dec 26th 2016
If Tyler Hansbrough had played for Duke...
Dec 27th 2016

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59182 posts
Wed Nov-19-14 11:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i'd get over it well before we got close to the chip."
In response to Reply # 0

If he playing well and ya'll winNing what exactly are you ststl hating? His personality?

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Wed Nov-19-14 11:53 PM

2. "RE: i'd get over it well before we got close to the chip."
In response to Reply # 1
Wed Nov-19-14 11:54 PM by COOLEHMAGAZINE

Pretty much?

To be clear, this isn't just any player I happened not to like. This is a player you feel a deep antipathy for.

Nor is it that the guy is just a valued contributor. He is the key reason why you are winning.

And lastly, we are also not talking about a team that already is stacking chips and just adding this hated player in order to get more. Both of my squads have been without titles for a little while.

It took me a while to get over Rodman on the Bulls but I made it happen because Bulls had already 3peated, plus at that point the Bad Boys were long dead and also, Rodman was not even 3rd fiddle on the team.

This is Eli Manning leading Claw's Eagles to their first chip.

Cenario
59182 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 11:51 AM

11. "so like if Lebron went to the knicks...I'd be happy and rooting for him ..."
In response to Reply # 2

long as he wasn't bitching up down the stretch. Actually, if we still had Melo, it would be fine if he did and just got his Magic on.

So yeah..i'd be fine.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

RaFromQueens
Member since Apr 18th 2006
19528 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 12:07 AM

3. "Pretend you liked him forever like many Yankee fans in 09 nm."
In response to Reply # 0

---
"People that need positivity around them all the time are weak individuals in my book" - @lilduval

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 12:13 AM

4. "RE: Pretend you liked him forever like many Yankee fans in 09 nm."
In response to Reply # 3

Jeter was still there though so they could front.

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42770 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 12:18 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "I hated Paul Pierce and KG with a passion"
In response to Reply # 0

I get hype when I see KG goal-whispering before the game now though

jumper still broke though

but he hustles as much as he can

selppataei
Charter member
2012 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 04:16 AM

6. "i grew to appreciate favre in 2009"
In response to Reply # 0

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 06:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "so did I. "
In response to Reply # 6

Favre is still in default "hate" mode, but he got some points taken off for that Cowboy Ether game.

up 27-3 this motherfucker throws on 4th down to Shiancoe in the end zone.

Drizzit
Member since Sep 19th 2002
6467 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 12:31 PM

13. "vikings fans have special insight into this question"
In response to Reply # 6

2009 was the most fun i've had being a fan of the vikes. once you put aside the hate for favre and embraced him, it was like a season of mad making ecstasy. destroyed the pack twice, favre had arguably his best season ever ... i would have been fine winning the chip with favre at the helm. it would have been such a dagger for years.

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 06:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "*wide ass Arsenio grin*"
In response to Reply # 0

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 11:44 AM

9. "yet another reason to not catch feelings"
In response to Reply # 0

The name on the front trumps the name on the back every second of every minute of every day of every year.

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

Cenario
59182 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 11:50 AM

10. "pretty much."
In response to Reply # 9

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 11:54 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "yup."
In response to Reply # 9

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36969 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 12:59 PM

14. "Ha. Lots of ppl in OKS think the opposite."
In response to Reply # 9
Thu Nov-20-14 12:59 PM by LeroyBumpkin

So their jersey changes every season.

https://digife.com

bleekgilliam_420
Charter member
7357 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 01:13 PM

16. "pretty much"
In response to Reply # 9

being unhappy that im watching a player that i hate lead my team to a championship is absurd

Cenario
59182 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 01:18 PM

17. "lol yeah i can't relate at all. Actually, I used to dislike eli and thou..."
In response to Reply # 16

was a bum til after the first ring. He's been my dude ever since then. Still disliking him would be some agenda ridiculousness.

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 01:25 PM

21. "LOL "
In response to Reply # 17

Matrix willing I'll probably go through the same thing with you-know-who in the NBA.

I wonder how many other Giants fans felt the same

right now, Eli's bum-dom + the team he plays on is what elevates him to the top of my hate list

but I can't lie, the collective groan of Giants fans fed up with him on some Favre wearing out his welcome shit b/w the T.O. teary "That's My Quarterback" sentiment is my favorite thing to watch in the NFC East from afar, 2nd only to watching RGIII get McNabbed over in Washington right now.

Cenario
59182 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 01:30 PM

22. "at least with cleveland fans, there's levels to it."
In response to Reply # 21

Eli i just thought he was bad and hated his post-INT look. Now i can't help but laugh about it. but if this guy leads you to 2 rings against brady, how can you still be mad?

http://i39.tinypic.com/23iff6d.jpg

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 01:36 PM

23. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 22

>Eli i just thought he was bad and hated his post-INT look.
>Now i can't help but laugh about it. but if this guy leads you
>to 2 rings against brady, how can you still be mad?

true.

that family post-INT look is one of the funniest things in Sports.

they showed highlights of Donkeys/Rams last weekend and seeing Peyton's face made me crack up in laughter

Cenario
59182 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 01:41 PM

24. "we would never be able to live down manningface if those guys never"
In response to Reply # 23

won.

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 01:43 PM

25. "RE: at least with cleveland fans, there's levels to it."
In response to Reply # 22

You are a Giants fan though, right?

So the hate one has for a player that has always been on your team is something different I think then someone you hated on another team who then comes to your squad.

Like, I hated Rex Grossman but if we won a title with him, then cool.

Cenario
59182 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 01:47 PM

26. "true but see post 11."
In response to Reply # 25

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 01:22 PM

20. "RE: yet another reason to not catch feelings"
In response to Reply # 9

Have no idea why anyone would follow sports closely and root for the same team, win or lose, for their whole life if "feelings" were not involved.

Different strokes, I guess.

JAESCOTT777
Member since Feb 18th 2006
28487 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 02:10 PM

27. "^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 9

Mack
Charter member
7372 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 01:10 PM

15. "If Brett Favre hadn't pulled a Brett Favre"
In response to Reply # 0

and led the Vikings to a Super Bowl victory, it wouldn't have lessened my joy. I did battle with that though when the Vikings initially signed him, but a championship is a championship.

"Dressed up like an evil villain dressed up like a soccer dad"

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 01:20 PM

18. "RE: If Brett Favre hadn't pulled a Brett Favre"
In response to Reply # 15

I never hated Farve like I hate Rodgers though, even though Farve killed us I just hated him cause he was a Packer. I can't stand discount double check as a person, staff, crew or record label.

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Thu Nov-20-14 01:21 PM

19. "RE: Player you hate leads your team to a title..."
In response to Reply # 0

Okay, it's just me then.

But yeah, Kobe Bryant leads Bulls to their first title since Jorn?

I'll pass.

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Mon Dec-26-16 11:36 PM

28. "RE: Player you hate leads your team to a title..."
In response to Reply # 0

Who could have known that I would have to see the opposite

"Player you hate most in league leads your team into a dumpster fire"

Rondo, man…Gasol was low key annoying but I can't even watch this team without cringing. It's awful.

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86673 posts
Tue Dec-27-16 02:08 AM

29. "If Tyler Hansbrough had played for Duke..."
In response to Reply # 0

... I'd have cheered for every travel.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2392102 Previous topic | Next topic