Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2333566

Subject: "Richard Schaefer Out at Golden Boy (semi-unreliable swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
veritas
Member since Sep 16th 2002
37201 posts
Mon Jun-02-14 05:00 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Richard Schaefer Out at Golden Boy (semi-unreliable swipe)"

Just a press release but I don't see it on ESPN or somewhere more reliable than fighthype yet.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article17163.html

Longtime Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer has officially announced that he will no longer be working with company. Schaefer released the following statement in a prepared press release.

"After more than ten years with Golden Boy, it is time to move on to the next chapter of my career. This decision has required a great deal of personal reflection, but ultimately I concluded that I have no choice but to leave. I have succeeded in banking and I have succeeded in boxing, and I look forward to the next opportunity. I am proud to remain a shareholder, so I have a strong interest in the continued success of the company. I am proud of what we have accomplished at Golden Boy, but I now look forward to new challenges."

i still blame hip-hop.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
damn...just beat me to it. here's boxingscene story
Jun 02nd 2014
just heard it on the radio and didn't see a post
Jun 02nd 2014
Next move is on Al Haymon......
Jun 02nd 2014
Arum annoys me more than Schaefer
Jun 02nd 2014
RE: Next move is on Al Haymon......
Jun 02nd 2014
If Canelo beats Lara, Pac and Canelo will happen in November
Jun 02nd 2014

michaelo
Charter member
7935 posts
Mon Jun-02-14 05:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "damn...just beat me to it. here's boxingscene story"
In response to Reply # 0

Richard Schaefer Officially Departs From Golden Boy
Posted by: Boxing Clever on 6/2/2014 .

After months of internal bickering between Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya and Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer, a resolution appears to have been reached between their lawyers.

Schaefer has announced that he is officially gone from Golden Boy.

"After more than ten years with Golden Boy, it is time to move on to the next chapter of my career. This decision has required a great deal of personal reflection, but ultimately I concluded that I have no choice but to leave. I have succeeded in banking and I have succeeded in boxing, and I look forward to the next opportunity. I am proud to remain a shareholder, so I have a strong interest in the continued success of the company. I am proud of what we have accomplished at Golden Boy, but I now look forward to new challenges."

The feuding between Schaefer and De La Hoya first began when De La Hoya publically revealed his intention to make peace with promotional rival Bob Arum of Top Rank. Schaefer was very much against the move and made it clear that he would refuse to have anything to do with Arum or his company.

www.pacifictrainingcenter.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/#!/pages/San-Diego-CA/Pacific-Training-Center-Boxing-Muay-Thai-Fitness/145216788833188

veritas
37201 posts
Mon Jun-02-14 05:02 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "just heard it on the radio and didn't see a post"
In response to Reply # 1

prob were posting at the same time.

i still blame hip-hop.

southphillyman
Member since Oct 22nd 2003
90059 posts
Mon Jun-02-14 05:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Next move is on Al Haymon......"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jun-02-14 05:05 PM by southphillyman

Hopefully Schaefer was the main stumbling block for the lack of fights between the two camps
Have to wait to see if the Haymon fighters still fight under GBP first I guess

veritas
37201 posts
Mon Jun-02-14 05:30 PM

4. "Arum annoys me more than Schaefer"
In response to Reply # 2

but if this means fights between GBP and Top Rank fighters I'm good with it.

i still blame hip-hop.

michaelo
Charter member
7935 posts
Mon Jun-02-14 05:30 PM

5. "RE: Next move is on Al Haymon......"
In response to Reply # 2

schaefer will remain a shareholder apparently. that should make shit interesting.

www.pacifictrainingcenter.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/#!/pages/San-Diego-CA/Pacific-Training-Center-Boxing-Muay-Thai-Fitness/145216788833188

las raises
Member since Aug 31st 2002
14982 posts
Mon Jun-02-14 10:42 PM

6. "If Canelo beats Lara, Pac and Canelo will happen in November"
In response to Reply # 0

That's my guess, after that I have no idea what Oscar will do

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2333566 Previous topic | Next topic