Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2312759

Subject: "Young God resurrected - Shaun Livingston's season with Brooklyn" Previous topic | Next topic
Rolo_Tomasi
Member since Jan 29th 2004
1140 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 06:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Young God resurrected - Shaun Livingston's season with Brooklyn"

I remember in Shaun Livingston's rookie season with the Clippers people on this board named him Young God and believed he showed such huge promise and potential. His size as a point guard made people think he would be able to do things Magic could do as a point forward.

He didn't make the progress many wanted him to - partly down to being on the dysfunctional Clippers teams of those years - and then he had the horrific injury which destroyed his career.

Once he was able to come back Livingstone bounced around the league on different teams for several seasons and people were just happy he was able to continue playing in this league after his knee injury which could have meant he had his leg below his knee amputated!

When Jason Kidd was installed as head coach of the Nets he was looking for a back up PG for C'mon Deron Better. Kidd personally called S.Dot and asked him to join him in Brooklyn.

Most Brooklyn Nets fans thought he would be nothing more than a back up PG but SDot has been a hugely important player for the Nets this season. He pushed his way into the starting line up and his BBIQ and size make him a difficult match up for opposing teams. He can't shoot from distance but he has so many positive attributes.

Unfortunately for Brooklyn he is a free agent next season and his play likely means another team will offer him a contract larger than the capped out Nets can offer. Just like Gerald Green whose career was resuscitated while playing for the Nets and got himself a decent multi year contract with another team. If this happens it will be a shame because Livingston really fits into the system Kidd is utilising with Brooklyn.

Just happy to see a player who might never have played again have a really positive impact on a team and whose consistent play will be invaluable in the play offs.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Nets really arent capped
Apr 05th 2014
THE YOUNG GOD LIVES
Apr 05th 2014
He's a great team guy.
Apr 05th 2014
RE: He's a great team guy.
Apr 05th 2014
      lol I suppose all injuries are the same eh?
Apr 05th 2014
Nets contract options for Young God
Apr 05th 2014
His injury is worse than anything Hill or Penny suffered
Apr 05th 2014
It literally took 20 minutes for me to prepare myself to look at it
Apr 05th 2014
      Still haven't watched either and prolly never will
Apr 05th 2014

cantball
Charter member
46630 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 11:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Nets really arent capped"
In response to Reply # 0

If the Russian wants him,he'll have him

Behold my works,ye mighty

Rjcc
Charter member
94962 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 11:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "THE YOUNG GOD LIVES"
In response to Reply # 0

his jumper has never really gotten better.

still, I can't help but smile every time I see him on the court

http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/rjcc.png

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28842 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 12:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "He's a great team guy."
In response to Reply # 0

I like him Gerald Green and a few other guys that stuck around off grind alone. He's not supposed be playing but he is on the court and making the best of his opportunity. The Russian should pay Shaun to stick around.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

FILF
Member since Jun 01st 2007
20180 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 01:26 PM

4. "RE: He's a great team guy."
In response to Reply # 3

>I like him Gerald Green and a few other guys that stuck
>around off grind alone. He's not supposed be playing but he is
>on the court and making the best of his opportunity. The
>Russian should pay Shaun to stick around.

Penny & Grant Hill both had debilitating injuries early in their careers & were able to make a comeback as role players. Young God suffered the injury when he was a teenager thus his body can recover better than most as long as he rehabs furiously...which is what exactly happened.

WHAT'S GOOD *****? What's REALLY good?!?!????!!! Ha HA!
http://40.media.tumblr.com/d8e2daf9f3f37244cd05436bcdf05973/tumblr_mt4qibKq4c1rgam01o1_1280.png

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35245 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 03:28 PM

7. "lol I suppose all injuries are the same eh?"
In response to Reply # 4

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 03:07 PM

5. "Nets contract options for Young God"
In response to Reply # 0

The Nets are totally capped out - http://data.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/nets.jsp

We're paying $100 million this season and we'll pay the same next season if we sign Truth to an extension.

We have the mini MLE to give in the offseason - this might be enough for Young God but the Nets also want to bring over their Euro-stash Bojan Bogdanovic who is meant to be the best shooter in Europe. He was picked in the second round three years ago so can negotiate his contract and will likely want the mini MLE. Nets front office have to decide to pay Young God or pay Bogdanovic. The problem is if we don't sign Bogdanovic this year he will likely sign a multi year contract in Europe meaning he won't be in Brooklyn anytime soon. He is already 24: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bojan_Bogdanović;

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 03:12 PM

6. "His injury is worse than anything Hill or Penny suffered"
In response to Reply # 0

in fact I'd go as far as saying its the worst injury any NBA player has ever come back from. Taken from wikipedia: "following a missed layup, resulting in the left leg snapping laterally. Livingston injured almost every part of his knee, tearing the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), and the lateral meniscus, badly spraining his medial collateral ligament (MCL), and dislocating his patella and his tibia-femoral joint. The injury was so severe that ESPNEWS warned viewers of the graphic nature of the video clip before airing it. Livingston was told by a medical professional at the hospital that there was a chance that his leg would have to be amputated. He required months of rehabilitation to be able to walk again.

That part about the patella - thats your kneecap, it sounds excruciatingly painful.

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 04:50 PM

8. "It literally took 20 minutes for me to prepare myself to look at it"
In response to Reply # 6

And when I saw it....I just started jumpin around like "how the FUCK!?!??!?!???????????????"

Most people were more disgusted by Kevin Ware, and I took a while to want to see that one too. But seeing his was like "WTF...clean break though." This one here with Shaun was !!!!!

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 05:19 PM

9. "Still haven't watched either and prolly never will"
In response to Reply # 8

People who do are ghouls

does it really matter?

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2312759 Previous topic | Next topic