Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2304755

Subject: ""Let's go Tu-pac, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap"" Previous topic | Next topic
auragin_boi
Member since Aug 01st 2003
20939 posts
Fri Mar-07-14 11:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
""Let's go Tu-pac, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap""

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/throwback/201403/tupac-shakur-lookalike-attends-celtics-game-sends-crowd-frenzy

Tupac Shakur Lookalike Attends Celtics Game, Sends Crowd Into A Frenzy

With the hapless Celtics getting crushed by the Golden State Warriors, perhaps the most memorable takeaway from Wednesday's game at Boston Garden was that a man bearing a strong resemblance to Tupac Shakur was in the building.

"Fake Tupac," as he has become known, looks a lot like the late rapper. At Wednesday's game the impersonator donned one of Tupac's trademark bandanas and wore a goatee similar to the one the rapper had. The Tupac lookalike created quite a stir on social media.

With the Celtics down big in the second half, fans began chanting for the Tupac impersonator:

http://tinyurl.com/ogvlo9v

Reporter Jessica Camerato, who has covered the team for various local outlets, told Boston Magazine that the faux Tupac is a regular at Celtic home games, but until Wednesday his presence had not become part of the arena's musical entertainment.

"Tupac look-a-like has been coming to Celtics games for years," Camerato said. "This is first time I can recall, though, they played 'California Love' for him."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
dude prolly been gettin free drinks off lookin like Pac...
Mar 07th 2014
And residual ass off hood chicks
Mar 07th 2014
I love stuff like this
Mar 07th 2014
Seattle is the epicenter for stuff like that
Mar 07th 2014
Nice...this might become my new thing. Trying to get a croud
Mar 07th 2014

Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Fri Mar-07-14 11:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "dude prolly been gettin free drinks off lookin like Pac..."
In response to Reply # 0

for 17 years.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

auragin_boi
20939 posts
Fri Mar-07-14 11:47 AM

2. "And residual ass off hood chicks"
In response to Reply # 1

Lightfoot
Member since Jan 01st 2004
5265 posts
Fri Mar-07-14 11:55 AM

3. "I love stuff like this"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Mar-07-14 12:15 PM by Lightfoot

I'm always a sucker for spontaneous acts of public goofiness that are carried out by a group of strangers unified by one trivial purpose. Even the wave never gets old to me.

This reminded me of a story my uncle out in Seattle told me about a Sonics game he attended during the Danny Fortson era. I think it was Matt Geiger* who got into a scuffle with Fortson under the basket, which prompted my uncle to start a "don't mess with our goon" chant. By the time Fortson got himself ejected several minutes and a couple of scuffles later, the better part of the arena was chanting "DON'T MESS WITH OUR GOON!" I loved that.

*Nevermind--Geiger was retired by then. Maybe it was one of those European bammas of the mid-aughts.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Stones. Rocks. Subways. Blocks.

Kungset
Member since Mar 29th 2004
6426 posts
Fri Mar-07-14 12:46 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Seattle is the epicenter for stuff like that"
In response to Reply # 3

auragin_boi
20939 posts
Fri Mar-07-14 03:38 PM

5. "Nice...this might become my new thing. Trying to get a croud"
In response to Reply # 3

to chant something non-traditional. lol

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2304755 Previous topic | Next topic