Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2274879

Subject: "you dig when Jim Brown talks about other atheletes from different eras?" Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Wed Dec-11-13 02:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"you dig when Jim Brown talks about other atheletes from different eras?"

Huge Jim Brown fan and the man is a ground breaker period and I always loved when he talked about athletes from all eras and whatnot.

any favorite Jim Brown quotes about other athletes that always stood for you and whatnot?

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
youre a soul brotha historian maxx, youll appreciate this
Dec 11th 2013

AlBundy
Member since May 27th 2002
9621 posts
Wed Dec-11-13 04:47 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "youre a soul brotha historian maxx, youll appreciate this"
In response to Reply # 0

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/nfl-great-jimmy-brown-quickly-gave-idea-fight-070258768--box.html

He also had a legendary reputation for his toughness. Given that Brown had introduced Arum to Ali, it was hard for Arum to say no without at least checking. Brown figured it was a slam dunk massive payday.

Brown had retired from the Cleveland Browns after the 1965 season, while Arum began promoting in 1966. Ali was the heavyweight champion and entering his prime, while Brown was becoming an actor. Arum felt indebted to Brown, so he decided to see if he could convince Ali of the merits of the idea.

"So I went to talk to Ali," Arum recalls. "He says, 'Jim wants to do what? Bring him here.' So I took him to Hyde Park in London, where Ali used to run. Ali said, 'Jimmy, here's what we're going to do: You hit me as hard as you can.' So Brown starts swinging and swinging, and he can't hit him. He's swinging wildly and not even coming close. This goes on for, like, 30 seconds. Then Ali hits him with this quick one-two to his face. Jimmy just stops and says, 'OK, I get the point.'"
Brown was far superior to Ali as an athlete and probably could have beaten him at any game they might have played. In boxing, though, not even the great Jim Brown was in Ali's class.

-------------------------
“Floyd Mayweather should be taking fights up to 157 or 160 pounds...His frame can hold the weight..it's not even a lot of weight....Go to the gym and lift weights man..lol.”-- Warren Coolidge

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2274879 Previous topic | Next topic