Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2239077

Subject: "Wladimir Klitschko v. Alexander Povetkin (HBO)" Previous topic | Next topic
Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Tue Oct-01-13 08:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Wladimir Klitschko v. Alexander Povetkin (HBO)"

2 Olympic Gold medalists square off in
Moscow this weekend - HBO 3:30 p.m. EST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGNL87RfL4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUCQ3Tp3Qn5b0byhH1rvCjLA

-->

Breathe through the nose
keep the mouth closed.
Through the blood
Chi goes where the dow flows.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
on now.
Oct 05th 2013
That was a beautiful left hook in round two
Oct 05th 2013
Okay Klitschko is starting to get annoying
Oct 05th 2013
Extra boring, turned it off round 5. #RIPHeavyweightBoxing
Oct 05th 2013
Watching the replay
Oct 05th 2013
One of the worst fights I've seen in a long time.
Oct 05th 2013
What else were you expecting in the Klitscho era of the HW division?
Oct 06th 2013
Vex, OE: ya boy is a disgrace to chapionship level HW boxing.
Oct 06th 2013
Povetkin co-operated
Oct 07th 2013

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Sat Oct-05-13 02:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "on now."
In response to Reply # 0

-->

Breathe through the nose
keep the mouth closed.
Through the blood
Chi goes where the dow flows.

Lightfoot
Member since Jan 01st 2004
5265 posts
Sat Oct-05-13 03:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "That was a beautiful left hook in round two"
In response to Reply # 0

Picture perfect. But Povetkin is making it interesting so far.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Stones. Rocks. Subways. Blocks.

Lightfoot
Member since Jan 01st 2004
5265 posts
Sat Oct-05-13 03:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Okay Klitschko is starting to get annoying"
In response to Reply # 0

If he keeps holding and leaning like that, you could justify taking a point. I understand the reason for the strategy but you should only be able to get away with it so much.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Stones. Rocks. Subways. Blocks.

isaaaa
Member since May 10th 2007
30565 posts
Sat Oct-05-13 03:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Extra boring, turned it off round 5. #RIPHeavyweightBoxing "
In response to Reply # 0

New Mantra: anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg

Get 25% off www.karmaloop.com w/ rep code JR9103 |
Nike, G-Star, Herschel, Adidas (Men's & Women's clothing)

Poorspellir
Member since Oct 26th 2011
1911 posts
Sat Oct-05-13 09:16 PM

5. "Watching the replay"
In response to Reply # 0

Klitschko is practically looking for opportunities to clinch this dude. The ref's having to break them up 20 times a round.

Then again, Povetkin's strategy seems to be to duck, step forward and throw an overhand right. He's kinda asking to be held.

BlassFemur
Member since Mar 26th 2008
10309 posts
Sat Oct-05-13 09:18 PM

6. "One of the worst fights I've seen in a long time."
In response to Reply # 0

https://banafrit.com/
http://middlebrainmedia.com/

FILF
Member since Jun 01st 2007
20180 posts
Sun Oct-06-13 05:25 AM

7. "What else were you expecting in the Klitscho era of the HW division?"
In response to Reply # 6
Sun Oct-06-13 05:31 AM by FILF

Vitali makes John Ruiz seem like an action fighter.....he has all the tools (except a chin & a set of balls) but refuses to impose his will on lesser fighters. Granted he gets dropped every time he fights a puncher thus can't risk getting caught when he opens up but that's only applies to only around 5 cats he has fought so far in his career. At least Vital has the balls to exchange when the opportunity presents itself.

WHAT'S GOOD *****? What's REALLY good?!?!????!!! Ha HA!
http://40.media.tumblr.com/d8e2daf9f3f37244cd05436bcdf05973/tumblr_mt4qibKq4c1rgam01o1_1280.png

thebadnegro
Member since Nov 13th 2006
4028 posts
Sun Oct-06-13 06:05 AM

8. "Vex, OE: ya boy is a disgrace to chapionship level HW boxing."
In response to Reply # 0

a fucking disgrace.

and these refs aint shit either, cuz according to the rules, there's no way this much holding should be allowed.
the shit looked more like judo than fuckin boxing.

to make things worse, Wlad's in there with a guy who doesn't even deserve a title shot. Povetkin was already manhandled by cruiserweight Morco Huck and beaten up by Ruslan Chagaev, but i guess that's beside the point. since there's no one else for Wlad to fight anyway, i won't go at him too hard for that (although i'm pretty sure David Haye would welcome a rematch).

this fight was IMPOSSIBLE to watch, and my disdain for the Klitschkos (IN the ring, not out) is reaching... "exaggerating levels" (c)Kool Keith

MAN i hope Deontay Wilder develops quickly enough to lay both of these fools the fuck out.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Oct-07-13 04:25 PM

9. "Povetkin co-operated"
In response to Reply # 0

he wasn't trying to let go either.. if he really wanted it he would have kept his arms in tight and not behind Vlad the whole time... way easier said than done.. but he didn't have the gas or explosiveness to make up for his reach disadvantage...

ref was gawd awful

I watched it in Russian and I missed his name but that 7th round was a horrorshow.. and frankly the grabbing throughout should've been a few point both ways imo

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2239077 Previous topic | Next topic