Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2225458

Subject: "Anyone doing an NFL Wins Pool?" Previous topic | Next topic
Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13181 posts
Thu Sep-05-13 02:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Anyone doing an NFL Wins Pool?"

Friend tweeted this out earlier today, in the middle of drafting one with my friends right now.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/36155/you-should-have-an-nfl-wins-pool

If you're looking for a last-minute gambling pool for you and your friends, I highly recommend a surprisingly simple (and addictive) NFL wins pool. I love this pool. My friends love this pool. And now, you can love this pool.

Here's what you do: Find nine friends, agree on an entry fee and prize money, then come up with a draft order from 1-10.

From there, you use the following "drafting system" to pick teams. I have no idea how the creator came up with these numbers, just that there's a 20 percent chance he was one of those MIT brainiacs or something. Anyway ...

Team 1 — 1st pick, 20th pick, 26th pick
Team 2 — 2, 16, 29
Team 3 — 3, 13, 30
Team 4 — 4, 18, 25
Team 5 — 5, 15, 27
Team 6 — 6, 19, 22
Team 7 — 7, 11, 28
Team 8 — 8, 17, 21
Team 9 — 9, 14, 23
Team 10 — 10, 12, 24

Everyone picks three teams. The highest total number of victories for those three teams wins the pool.

Easy, right? Last season's winner (my buddy House) picked third, 13th and 30th and ended up with the 15-win Packers, nine-win Giants and nine-win Bengals for a total of 33 wins, stumbling into such a three-headed juggernaut with which he clinched the pool with a week to go. (I finished six wins behind him with the 13-win Patriots, nine-win Titans and five-win Redskins, who were the 1-20-26 picks.) For this year's pool, I drew the fifth slot and agonized over the Ravens and Niners (ultimately taking the Ravens).

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
if we can round up 9
Sep 05th 2013
i'm in.
Sep 05th 2013
fugg it. I'd be down.
Sep 05th 2013
Fuck you*
Sep 05th 2013

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43347 posts
Thu Sep-05-13 03:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "if we can round up 9"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Sep-05-13 03:07 PM by ShawndmeSlanted

im in for up to $50

i can probably get 2-3 of my off OKP friends to join too

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59131 posts
Thu Sep-05-13 03:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "i'm in."
In response to Reply # 1

>
>i can probably get 2-3 of my off OKP friends to join too

uhhh....lol

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

thejerseytornado
Member since Dec 24th 2005
26422 posts
Thu Sep-05-13 05:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "fugg it. I'd be down."
In response to Reply # 1

-----------
Y'all stupid...should've tanked for Lebron/Wiggins in 2014 -Rex LongFellow

It's only funny till someone gets mad. Then it's hilarious.

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66722 posts
Thu Sep-05-13 06:21 PM

4. "Fuck you*"
In response to Reply # 1

*chang

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2225458 Previous topic | Next topic