Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2189231

Subject: "Yo, Dwight.....Don't come down here to H-town with that foolishness." Previous topic | Next topic
MistaGoodBar
Member since Nov 04th 2004
29351 posts
Fri May-31-13 04:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Yo, Dwight.....Don't come down here to H-town with that foolishness."

Take that flip flopping crap to ATL. You come down here, you better be 24 & 10 on your bad nights.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9328547/houston-rockets-hopeful-land-dwight-howard-sources-say

Free agency in the NBA is exactly one month away, but the Houston Rockets' bid to steal Dwight Howard away from the Los Angeles Lakers is already gathering some momentum.

Sources close to the process told ESPN.com that the Rockets have received what has been described as "hopeful signals" that Howard is seriously considering a jump from the Lakers to the Rockets after becoming a free agent July 1.

ESPN Dallas GameDay
Mark Cuban joins ESPN Dallas GameDay to discuss the Mavericks' plans, the free-agent market and what possibilities there are for Dallas.

More Podcasts »

Although the Rockets are well aware that Howard has a penchant for changing his mind, sources say that Howard has conveyed his rising interest to Houston star swingman James Harden, a fellow West All-Star.

Sources say Howard, furthermore, has already made it clear he'll field in-person recruiting visits from the Rockets and Dallas Mavericks once free agency begins. It's possible, sources said, that other teams will be added to the list.

After the Rockets' elimination from the playoffs in May, when asked if he'll be an active participant in free-agent recruiting, Harden told ESPN.com: "Hell, yeah." When asked specifically about Howard, Harden cracked a smile and said: "Maybe. Possibly." There can be no formal contact between the Rockets and Howard until July 1, but the NBA does not typically regard discussions between players before the start of free agency as a form of tampering because the league finds it difficult to try to referee the nature of discussions between friends.

Several rival executives, meanwhile, told ESPN.com that Rockets general manager Daryl Morey has likewise left the impression in recent days that Houston believes it has a legitimate shot at luring Howard away from the Lakers.

ESPN.com reported in April that the Rockets were planning to trade away 2012's No. 5 overall pick, Thomas Robinson, to a team with salary-cap space to create the requisite room to offer a max contract to Howard. In the past week, sources said, Morey pitched Robinson's availability to numerous teams, leaving the feeling that the Rockets think they have a legitimate shot in the Howard Sweepstakes.

Although only the Lakers can offer Howard a five-year deal worth nearly $120 million -- with leading external suitors Houston and Dallas limited to four-year offers worth just under $90 million -- L.A.'s financial advantage in trying to retain to Howard is not as robust as it seems. Not only does the absence of state taxes in Texas narrow the gap, but the strong likelihood that Howard, at 27, would opt out of a new deal to return to free agency before the fifth year lessens the Lakers' edge further.

The Rockets, though, are trying to keep their optimism in check, knowing that Howard has a history of calling audibles and, as one longtime Howard-watcher put it, "making everyone feel good about their chances."

The Lakers -- while acknowledging that the Rockets, Mavericks and Hawks are preparing full-out assaults on their All-Star center -- haven't backed off their intent to re-sign Howard one bit. Sources say Dallas owner Mark Cuban, meanwhile, continues to make plans to chase Howard and Los Angeles Clippers star guard Chris Paul with his max-salary slot in hopes of landing one transformational player.

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reported Thursday night that Paul is angry with the Clippers in the wake of owner Donald Sterling's open suggestions to the Los Angeles Times that coach Vinny Del Negro was not retained at Paul's behest. The depths of Paul's dismay aren't immediately clear, but his frustrations could crack the door open for the Hawks to join the Rockets and Mavericks as a free-agent threat this summer, since Atlanta is the only team this offseason that will have the requisite cap space to sign both Howard and Paul.

Although Howard has maintained a longstanding coolness to the idea of signing with his hometown Hawks, it's believed that stance could change if Paul had serious interest in going to Atlanta with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://mistagoodbar.com
Twitter/IG: mistagoodbar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
this has been debunked
May 31st 2013
that dude ain't staying in LA.
May 31st 2013
5th year is overrated when it comes to Texas.
May 31st 2013
you know I'm fucking around, right?
May 31st 2013
      Well no that wasn't clear.
May 31st 2013
           thought strong ownership would have given it away.
May 31st 2013
                Oh. Well...that I actually agree with.
May 31st 2013
a core thats going places? who exactly? earl clark? hahahahaha
May 31st 2013
how is that "debunking"?
May 31st 2013
smdh man i swear he loves this shit if it were up to him he would
May 31st 2013
He's goin to Houston, I'm growing more convinced by the day
May 31st 2013
I mean, it's the smartest decision...which, to me means he won't.
May 31st 2013
      yeah, the sound logic is the only thing keeping me from being 100% sure
May 31st 2013
           I mean, at this point...
May 31st 2013
RE: Yo, Dwight.....Don't come down here to H-town with that foolishness.
May 31st 2013
Him and Asik gonna have epic freethrows shooting contest after practice.
May 31st 2013
'thor hammerz' nm
May 31st 2013
The paint would be brutal tho trying to score on them
May 31st 2013
Man Houston is just such a perfect fit for him
May 31st 2013

themaddfapper
Member since Mar 09th 2010
7558 posts
Fri May-31-13 04:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "this has been debunked"
In response to Reply # 0

LA has all the endorsement money
prestige
5th year
strong ownership
& a core that's going places

there's NO WAY this is plausible.
ESPN's just trolling.

MistaGoodBar
Member since Nov 04th 2004
29351 posts
Fri May-31-13 04:47 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "that dude ain't staying in LA."
In response to Reply # 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://mistagoodbar.com
Twitter/IG: mistagoodbar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43744 posts
Fri May-31-13 04:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "5th year is overrated when it comes to Texas."
In response to Reply # 1

It's a tax free state so most of that money is made up. Plus he gets to play with Lin, so that's that Chinese money/endorsement opportunities. Plus Harden and the rest of the pieces over in Houston that are exciting.

...it's not debunked in the least.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

themaddfapper
7558 posts
Fri May-31-13 04:55 PM

4. "you know I'm fucking around, right?"
In response to Reply # 3

our resident capologist/nba insider spm says it makes no sense, $ wise.

that's all I need. I'm sold.

Ryan M
43744 posts
Fri May-31-13 04:57 PM

5. "Well no that wasn't clear. "
In response to Reply # 4

Though I guess the "solid core" should have been a tip off.

17x NBA Champions

themaddfapper
7558 posts
Fri May-31-13 05:02 PM

6. "thought strong ownership would have given it away."
In response to Reply # 5

Ryan M
43744 posts
Fri May-31-13 05:14 PM

9. "Oh. Well...that I actually agree with."
In response to Reply # 6

Jim Buss might have bumbled the coaching thing, but he's been really good otherwise.

17x NBA Champions

the_time_is_when_god...lounge
Member since Nov 19th 2012
5495 posts
Fri May-31-13 06:17 PM

14. "a core thats going places? who exactly? earl clark? hahahahaha"
In response to Reply # 1

--------
Twitter: _TheloniousFunk
Instagram: thelonious_funk_

pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12493 posts
Fri May-31-13 06:25 PM

15. "how is that "debunking"?"
In response to Reply # 1

Dwight saying "I'm not going to Houston" is debunking.

>& a core that's going places
>

lol.

JAESCOTT777
Member since Feb 18th 2006
28487 posts
Fri May-31-13 05:04 PM

7. "smdh man i swear he loves this shit if it were up to him he would "
In response to Reply # 0

sign one year contracts the rest of his career

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Fri May-31-13 05:06 PM

8. "He's goin to Houston, I'm growing more convinced by the day"
In response to Reply # 0

Ryan M
43744 posts
Fri May-31-13 05:15 PM

10. "I mean, it's the smartest decision...which, to me means he won't."
In response to Reply # 8

17x NBA Champions

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Fri May-31-13 05:29 PM

11. "yeah, the sound logic is the only thing keeping me from being 100% sure"
In response to Reply # 10

but damn if Mitch didn't sound like he had reached acceptance on it yesterday on 710, maybe secretly he wants him to who knows.

Ryan M
43744 posts
Fri May-31-13 05:34 PM

12. "I mean, at this point..."
In response to Reply # 11

If he leaves, I'm fine with it. If he stays, I'm fine with that too. All eyes are on 2014, so...sall good.

But next year is gonna suck...whether we're some middling playoff team or a complete lottery team (I actually think we have our 1st rounder next year though!)

17x NBA Champions

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Fri May-31-13 05:35 PM

13. "RE: Yo, Dwight.....Don't come down here to H-town with that foolishness."
In response to Reply # 0

It's going to happen...At least it SHOULD happen....

Howard just needs to get away from that situation with L.A.....Just a clusterfuck....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Fri May-31-13 06:29 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
16. "Him and Asik gonna have epic freethrows shooting contest after practice."
In response to Reply # 0

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Fri May-31-13 06:33 PM

18. "'thor hammerz' nm"
In response to Reply # 16

does it even matter?

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Fri May-31-13 07:14 PM

19. "The paint would be brutal tho trying to score on them"
In response to Reply # 16

No finesse about Asik. Just brute.

PCProductions
Member since Oct 31st 2009
1217 posts
Fri May-31-13 06:30 PM

17. "Man Houston is just such a perfect fit for him"
In response to Reply # 0

As big of a baby Dwight's been over the last year and a half, I just hate seeing talent go to waste. Dwight could blossom big time if he just buckled down in the right environment.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2189231 Previous topic | Next topic