Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2187095

Subject: "Dual discussion: MVPG as 3rd best--- Mike and Mike waffling" Previous topic | Next topic
85SOUTH
Member since Mar 09th 2003
6625 posts
Tue May-28-13 08:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Dual discussion: MVPG as 3rd best--- Mike and Mike waffling"

Jalen Rose tweeted MVPG (bka T5T) is the 3rd best player in the league. Mike and Mike give a begrudging "yeah can't really argue with that".
Minutes later they get an email from some listener who says he's just barely 3rd best PG in the West. They immediately play the who would you pick to start a team game and say 1. CPflea 2. Russy 3. MVPG and recant on what they'd just agreed to.

I'm not witchin, just pointing out their indecisiveness. I'm not surprised at them waffling and reacting YET again because they were calling GS with the upset after game 2, and Memph to the Finals the minute the WCF was set.

Now we as fans are emotional and reactionary, it's who we are. Can these ni99as stop being fans for a minute and look at thing with objectivity? goodness. GS did not have the experience and durability, and Memph did not have the scoring ability. Plus this is not the same team they beat in '11.

BTW, MVPG IS the top PG right today. Russy almost has too much desire to show other PG's up head to head and rarely passes up a shot. CPflea, in my book, is just a notch below MVPG. All the tools, but bad judgment on occasion.

☻☻☻☻☻☻☻

not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
It's a valid argument, the guy who is playing the best RIGHT TODAY...
May 28th 2013
that's your L for expecting any kind of consistency from talking heads
May 28th 2013
those dudes on tv are just like you and I except they have a dream job
May 28th 2013
took a listen to the Lebatard rants today...
May 29th 2013
I mean T5T's goodness is like Jerry Rice's speed
May 29th 2013
Well to be fair...if they don't say "CP3" he'll punch them in the nuts
May 29th 2013
Mike and Mike should NEVER, EVER discuss basketball.
May 29th 2013
^^^
May 29th 2013
Pretty Much
May 29th 2013
We don't agree on much, but YES. I've been saying that. YES.
May 30th 2013
baseball? Not sure they even know who Miguel Cabrera is
May 31st 2013
agreed...and this is from someone who genuinely enjoys the show..
May 31st 2013
The bottom line is none of these guys could make a living
May 29th 2013

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue May-28-13 09:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "It's a valid argument, the guy who is playing the best RIGHT TODAY..."
In response to Reply # 0

and the guy you would want to start a team with can be 2 different people.

Parker is playing near flawlessly for the Spurs in their system and for what they need their PG to do but is Parker flat out the most talented PG in the league? I don't think so. If you swap Parker and CP3 the Spurs might be even better and the Clippers would be the same or possibly worse. Playing on the same team for the same coach with some of the same guys for 10+ years definitely gives you an advantage.

southphillyman
Member since Oct 22nd 2003
90059 posts
Tue May-28-13 10:12 AM

2. "that's your L for expecting any kind of consistency from talking heads"
In response to Reply # 0

all it takes is a week or two of someone playing good ball for these dudes to completely flip flop on something
they just adjust to whatever is currently going on
honestly i put dudes like mike&mike and simmons only a notch above skip bayless
basically just as wrong as he is for the most part
but i give them credit for being less outrageous and sometimes admitting they didn't know what they were talking about

~~~~~~

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Tue May-28-13 10:20 AM

3. "those dudes on tv are just like you and I except they have a dream job"
In response to Reply # 0

The former players are a notch up because they have more perspective but these regular talking dudes are just fans with more access.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

85SOUTH
6625 posts
Wed May-29-13 03:52 PM

4. "took a listen to the Lebatard rants today..."
In response to Reply # 0

it reminded me of how incredibly reactionary tv heads were to the early struggles of the Heatz. Chuck, Screamin A, Wilbon, Skip, etc were talking like the collection of players that made up the Heat were equivalent to the Bobcats. Dudes were just incredibly loud and wrong.

I'd forgotten how dumb they all sounded.

☻☻☻☻☻☻☻

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Wed May-29-13 04:10 PM

5. "I mean T5T's goodness is like Jerry Rice's speed"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah, in a vacuum there were guys faster than Rice, but nobody ever caught him.

There are guys who maybe ostensibly can do more than T5T (Paul) or have more God-given gifts (Russy) but are these dudes really outplaying him?

He ate Paul's lunch during the year. Russy got him last year, he is a guy that I think could have it all if he had things click emotionally. Too out of control, but then again at times he uses that visceral type of game to his advantage.

T5T is always cool, calm, collected ... but that makes him no less explosive when the situation calls for it.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Wed May-29-13 04:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "Well to be fair...if they don't say "CP3" he'll punch them in the nuts"
In response to Reply # 0

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44843 posts
Wed May-29-13 04:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Mike and Mike should NEVER, EVER discuss basketball. "
In response to Reply # 0

They need to stick to baseball and football and STFU on basketball.

-Sig-

“Why didn’t you do this in your own god damn country?"

-All Stah's view on undocumented immigrants wanting to be treated like human beings.

weaponry
Member since Jan 26th 2006
483 posts
Wed May-29-13 04:31 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "^^^"
In response to Reply # 7

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Wed May-29-13 07:48 PM

9. "Pretty Much"
In response to Reply # 7

They overreact over every game
I remember a couple of years ago when they said Rondo was the 2nd best player in the league

85SOUTH
6625 posts
Thu May-30-13 08:37 AM

11. "We don't agree on much, but YES. I've been saying that. YES. "
In response to Reply # 7

Discussing Bball always seems to give Greeny a reason to say someone is "markedly" better than someone else. He just likes that word.

☻☻☻☻☻☻☻

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Fri May-31-13 08:08 AM

12. "baseball? Not sure they even know who Miguel Cabrera is"
In response to Reply # 7

can't take them seriously on anything

Dstl1
Charter member
56231 posts
Fri May-31-13 09:43 AM

13. "agreed...and this is from someone who genuinely enjoys the show.."
In response to Reply # 7

and listens everyday. Greenie ALWAYS overreacts and "falls in love", as he puts it, with the hottest guy (pause).

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

J_Stew
Member since Jul 06th 2002
22363 posts
Wed May-29-13 09:09 PM

10. "The bottom line is none of these guys could make a living"
In response to Reply # 0

as a sports bettor. Most of them have no fucking idea what they are talking about.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2187095 Previous topic | Next topic