Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2186946

Subject: "Wrestling Post: Extreme Rules to Payback" Previous topic | Next topic
ZooTown74
Member since May 29th 2002
43582 posts
Mon May-27-13 05:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Wrestling Post: Extreme Rules to Payback"

We late but fuck it, Memorial Day Raw tonight (and a Bret Hart Appreciation Night that you can only see on the WWE App)

But I'ma kick it off with a nice read on the final days of the icon Randy "Macho Man" Savage

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1643969-the-final-days-of-randy-macho-man-savage

(the link has some great pics and video clips of Randy and the fam)

>The Final Days of Randy 'Macho Man' Savage

By Keith Elliot Greenberg
(Contributor) on May 19, 2013

From the driver’s seat of his 2009 Jeep Wrangler, just before the turn off Florida State Road 694 into the Seminole Mall, Randy “Macho Man” Savage stared through the windshield at the sun-washed commercial strip and sensed that something bad was about to occur.

“I think I’m going to pass out,” he muttered to his wife, Lynn, in the characteristic rasp wrestling fans knew from his promos, building up matches with Hulk Hogan, “Nature Boy” Ric Flair and Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat.

Earlier that morning, the two-time World Wrestling Federation (currently World Wrestling Entertainment, or WWE) champion had mentioned that he wasn’t feeling well. To his wife, this was nothing new. Randy seemed older than his 58 years; his body ached constantly, from decades of crashing into the mat while delivering his finisher, the flying elbow, from the top rope, among other physical stresses. Perhaps, Lynn suggested, he just needed to eat. So the two went to a Perkins Family Restaurant, where Randy ordered his usual, an egg white vegetable omelet. Still, Lynn wasn’t convinced that he was better.

“Why don’t I drive?” she offered.

Randy shook his head. After decades of piloting a colorful but controversial career, and a lifestyle that shielded him from suspicious sycophants and unwanted intrusions, he didn’t give up the wheel. And so, they returned to their previous positions in the jeep. At around 9:25 a.m., they were just west of 113th Street North in the city of Seminole, on a four-lane road, passing the traffic light by Regions Bank, when Randy suddenly lost consciousness. With his foot clamped down on the accelerator, the jeep crossed the raised concrete median into eastbound traffic. Lynn frantically looked at Randy, then out the front window at the motorcycle and bus moving in their direction. Reaching over her husband’s limbs with her long arms, the woman, who first met the Macho Man when he was a catcher with the Gulf Coast League’s Sarasota Cardinals, swerved to avoid the other vehicles, deliberately slamming the jeep into a tree across from a Publix Super Market and animal hospital.

The impact was so slight that the airbags didn’t activate. Lynn, 56, sustained minor injuries. Randy was pronounced dead at Largo Medical Center.

Since that day, two years ago on May 20, 2011, the real-life Randy Mario Poffo has been depicted as a recluse at the end of his life, a former celebrity who let his beard grow white, kept a registered gun in his glove compartment, and sequestered himself in a home surrounded by security fences and patrolled by guard dogs. But his family says that he was always accessible to them and spent his final months contemplating his legacy—personally, professionally and financially—and making up for time lost to fame.

“When Ang left the business,” says Randy’s 86-year-old mother, Judy, of her husband, Angelo Poffo, a wrestler who once worked under a yellow mask with a dollar sign as The Miser, “he’d never developed any hobbies, except going to the gym twice a day and watching the stock market. There was all this energy and no place to put it. Randy was different. He worked on his house, he was busy with his animals, he married again, and he took us to our doctor’s appointments—things he missed all those years when he was wrestling.”

Randy lived near his mother’s development in Largo, Fla., down a bumpy, palm-shaded dirt road. Within the perimeter of the non-climbable fence, two dogs patrolled the acre-and-a-half surrounding his dark wooden home, built in a style more representative of the Old West than the modern Gulf Coast. On the brick pillars on each side of the front gate, cameras surveilled possible visitors. “You needed an engraved invitation to get in there,” notes Judy. “Tired of people, I guess.”

“Randy used to own a condo on the beach,” points out his brother, Lanny, another wrestler who worked, alternatively, as “Leaping” Lanny Poffo and The Genius. “But he couldn’t go out on the balcony without 1,000 people screaming, ‘Macho Man.’ He needed quiet.”

Ten days before his death, the family gathered on Randy’s property for Mother’s Day. Before their arrival, Randy called his mother with an unusual request: the ashes of his dog, Hercules, a German shepherd from a litter owned by the late wrestler, Hercules Hernandez. Judy brought the ashes to Randy’s home in an urn. The Macho Man marched the family to a designated spot and asked his brother to pour the animal’s remains.

“Why should I do it?” Lanny protested. “It’s not my dog.”

“I want you to do it. If anything happens, I want you to do the same thing with my ashes, the same way, the same place. If it’s good enough for Hercules, it’s good enough for me.”

In another family, a 58-year-old retired athlete might be beseeched not to speak in such morose terms. But Randy talked like this often. “I didn’t think too much of it because he always spoke fatalistically,” says Lanny. “He spoke fatalistically since our dad died.”

The Miser

More than wrestling, more than baseball, more than the women he romanced on- and off-camera, Randy loved his father. While the wrestling icon inherited his mother’s facial structure and penetrating blue eyes, he lived by the guideposts Angelo set, taking the older man’s codes of honor and loyalty to sometimes militant lengths, accepting nothing less than perfection from physical challenges.

In 1945, while serving in the U.S. Navy, Angelo broke the world sit-up record. The story about him taxing himself to the point that his tailbone protruded from his skin is an exaggeration. But Angelo did develop some form of friction burn and bled on the mat. His clenched fingers were swollen and temporarily sealed together. Then, he played baseball that night.

Officially, Angelo completed 6,000 sit-ups in just over four hours. He followed up with another 33—for every year he believed that Jesus lived.

That last detail became a complication in his marriage to Judy, a swimmer and diver who’d received a scholarship to the American College of Physical Education in Chicago. In 1946, the school was absorbed by DePaul University, the largest Catholic university in the nation. Not long afterward, she met Angelo, home from the Navy, a catcher on the school’s baseball team and competitive chess player.

When the couple wed in 1949, neither family was pleased. “What have you done?” Angelo’s mother pronounced after the ceremony in her native tongue. Although she didn’t speak Italian, Judy—the descendant of Jews from Lithuania and Belarus—knew exactly what her mother-in-law meant.

Exhibiting the defiance that became the essence of Randy “Macho Man” Savage, Angelo stayed married to Judy for 61 years.

Randy would do anything for Angelo, sending his parents on trips to Japan and Europe and Israel until they told him they were too tired to travel. On Angelo’s 70th birthday, Randy paid $50,000 to buy his father a yellow, high-finned Cadillac—the same car the elder Poffo had purchased in 1959 and drove around the wrestling circuit for 200,000 miles. The former World Wrestling Federation champion restocked and refurbished the weight room at Admiral Farragut Academy, a St. Petersburg prep school, on the condition that the facility was named for his father. Later, when Angelo was sick, Randy installed an invalid toilet and walk-in bathtub in his parents’ home.

Angelo had a mantra he impressed on his son’s: “S.Y.M.”—Save Your Money. Randy was thrifty, too. Although never to his face, Randy’s detractors occasionally attributed the trait to his mother’s ethnicity. Clarifies Judy, “The whole family’s like that.”

Despite Angelo’s career choice, Randy’s initial goal wasn’t wrestling, but baseball, a vocation his father encouraged, building a winterized batting cage and pitching machine next to the family’s home in Downers Grove, Ill. Naturally a righty, Randy taught himself how to throw with his left hand in the event of an injury. As a high school senior, he hit .525 for the Downers Grove Trojans. When no team picked him up in the 1971 amateur draft, Angelo drove his son five hours to an open tryout at Busch Stadium in St. Louis. Randy went home with a minor league contract. In four seasons in the Cardinals, Reds and White Sox organizations, Randy hit .254 with 16 home runs, playing catcher, outfield and first base.

It was during this period that Randy met his future wife, Barbara Lynn Payne, while walking on Lido Beach in Sarasota. Starting in 1972, they dated for three years before veering in separate directions. “She never knew him as the Macho Man,” says Lanny. “She never knew him as a wrestler. She only knew him as a failed baseball player.”

His final attempt to play in the major leagues ended when the White Sox organization cut him in 1975, before the end of spring training. “When Randy got released, he broke all his bats and got rid of all his equipment,” Judy remembers. “It was horrible. But The Sheik saved him.”

The Sheik was Ed Farhat, a Lebanese-American U.S. Army vet whose wrestling gimmick included bloodying rivals with a hidden pencil, throwing fire and jabbering incomprehensible phrases fans took to be Arabic. He was also the promoter in Detroit, where Angelo and Lanny were wrestling at the time. “It was Christmas,” Judy says, “and they brought Randy along. Randy wrestled The Sheik, and he got over real good.”

It was The Sheik who taught Randy a concept he’d later impart to younger wrestlers: “Be the main event, even if you’re on first.” Randy admired The Sheik with the zealousness he usually reserved for Angelo.

“He even cooked for The Sheik,” Judy says. “He made him cabbage soup.”

Family Business

When Angelo was wrestling in Hawaii in 1967, his sons were exposed to King Curtis Iaukea and Pampero Firpo, performers Lanny calls “the two best promos in the business.” Iaukea began his interviews in a near whisper, slowly building intrigue and his decibel level until his voice was piercing the speakers. Firpo ended his interviews with a signature, “Ooooh, yyyyeah.”

Randy brazenly stole from both. The other touches—the head tics, sucking in his bottom lip, twirling his fingers above his head—were all his.

Observing Randy’s feral ring style, Georgia promoter Ole Anderson changed the wrestler’s surname to “Savage.” As his character developed, Randy phoned his mother and asked her to mail a compilation of nicknames. “I saw the term ‘Macho Man’ in a magazine and just put it on the list,” she recounts. “A few days later, Randy called me from Macon, Ga., and said, ‘What’s a Macho Man?’ I said, ‘I have no idea.’”

Not long afterward, Angelo opened his own promotion, International Championship Wrestling (ICW), based in Lexington, Ky. He used his sons as talent, along with a rotating cast that included Rugged Ronnie Garvin, Bob Orton Jr.—father of current WWE star Randy Orton—Ox Baker, Bob Roop and Crusher Broomfield, later known as the One Man Gang. While other promoters attempted peaceful coexistence with established territories, the Poffos—even Judy was involved with the group, as a bookkeeper, and Randy’s future wife, Elizabeth, would work under her maiden name, Liz Hulette, as an on-camera host—ran an “outlaw” league that competed with the entrenched organizations. Angelo promoted his wrestlers as legitimate tough guys, as opposed to showmen, offering to bet $20,000 of his own cash at one point—against a donut—that Randy and his partner, Rip Rogers, could defeat a tag team from the rival Southeastern group in an actual fight.

It wasn’t as funny as it seemed. Randy and other ICW performers began showing up at opposition shows, threatening to disrupt matches and frightening their adversaries to the point that some began arming themselves. During a confrontation outside a diner, Memphis Wrestling’s Superstar Bill Dundee pulled a gun on the Macho Man. Savage grappled it away and pistol-whipped him.

“I hated that stuff,” Lanny says.

Manager Jimmy “The Mouth of the South” Hart was a staple in Memphis, but he would monitor the ICW shows on Channel 24. “I couldn’t tell anybody I was watching it,” he says. “That’s how tense it was. But I’d never seen anybody wrestle like Randy, the way he’d come down off the top rope. And he was colorful.”

Eventually, Hart helped persuade current WWE announcer Jerry “The King” Lawler, the star and partial owner of Memphis Wrestling, to reconcile with his enemies, and a talent exchange was brokered. Feeding off the legitimate animosity, the Poffos began appearing on the Memphis promotion’s cards, with Savage in the main events. In wrestling circles, the Macho Man suddenly had national exposure.

“Randy was destined to be the greatest wrestler no one ever heard of, if Jimmy Hart hadn’t extended the olive branch,” Lanny says.

Randy’s one-time manager, Jimmy “The Mouth of the South” Hart, was one of his strongest backstage advocates.

Although ICW folded in 1984, the Poffos’ renegade efforts were fondly remembered not only by fans, but by Randy himself. In 2009, the family gathered at an Olive Garden to celebrate Angelo’s final birthday. Angelo had dementia by this point, and his functions were failing quickly. As Randy watched Judy tend to his father, the Macho Man declared that the entire clan belonged in the WWE Hall of Fame.

“How about that? The Von Erichs all get in,” he sneered, referring to the Von Erich family’s recent induction. “Even Chris.”

Like the Poffos, the Von Erichs were a multi-generational wrestling family. Father Fritz began his career playing a Nazi heel, but later, as a promoter in Dallas, depicted himself as a tough, devout Texan while building storylines around his sons. Of these, David, Kevin and Kerry were exceptional athletes and bona fide stars. Mike was apparently forced into the game and performed accordingly. Chris loved the business, but he was small, sickly and injury prone.

The Von Erichs were also professional wrestling’s most tragic family. David was 25 when he died during a Japanese tour. While some suspected an overdose, the family contended that David suffered a heart attack caused by ruptured intestines linked to enteritis. Kerry, Mike and Chris all committed suicide.

“It isn’t fair,” Randy continued. “If they ever want me in the Hall of Fame, we’re all going in together, as the Poffo family.”

Macho Madness

In 1984, as Vince McMahon was cherry-picking the best talent in the industry, Jimmy Hart was hired by the World Wrestling Federation. Not long afterward, he was told that the group was also interested in Randy and wanted Jimmy to facilitate the introduction.

“I couldn’t just call down to Memphis and say, ‘Hey, Vince wants to hire Randy,’” Jimmy recollects. “Everybody down there hated Vince because he was taking all the good wrestlers and putting the territories out of business.”

As Jimmy strategized, he remembered that the Poffo brothers generated extra income by selling Herbalife products. “So I called Mr. Coffee”—Guy Coffee, a backstage figure on the Memphis circuit—“and told him that I had a guy who wanted to buy $500 worth of Herbalife,” Hart says.

“Randy calls back and says, ‘What’s this about Herbalife?’ And I said, ‘This isn’t about Herbalife.’”

The next Saturday morning, Hart met Randy and his wife, Elizabeth, outside a Memphis gym. “Randy pats me down, as if I’m wearing a wire,” Jimmy says. “He was paranoid. Then, he says, ‘My car. Not your car.’”

“When I laid everything out for him, he had one question. ‘Will you take Lanny?’”

Almost immediately, Randy propelled himself to stardom. An early storyline involved the various managers in the World Wrestling Federation competing for his services. After several weeks, he revealed that he was choosing to go with the unknown Miss Elizabeth—his real-life wife—instead.

“What’s wrong with Lou Albano?” Roddy Piper asked the Macho Man on a segment of “Piper’s Pit.”

“Lou Albano doesn’t have the same pizzazz,” a twitching Randy replied, drawing out the final word.

Elizabeth was unlike any female wrestling personality before or since. A demure, soft-spoken brunette with a subtle Southern accent, she exuded a vulnerability that added to her beauty. Although Randy seemed to control and sometimes bully her, he also appeared co-dependent, which led to some interesting scenarios: George “The Animal” Steele “rescuing” Elizabeth and taking her into “protective custody,” a bloody Ric Flair forcibly kissing Elizabeth after losing to Savage, Randy breaking up his tag team, the Mega Powers, with Hulk Hogan after accusing the Hulkster of having improper intentions.

“Yeah, and I see a shark,” Savage told announcer Mean Gene Okerlund, “a shark with teeth, a shark with lust and lust and lust for Elizabeth.”

Although they’d actually been married for seven years, the pair “wed” in the ring in Madison Square Garden at the SummerSlam pay-per-view in 1991. At a “reception” later shown on television, Elizabeth opened a box to discover a deadly cobra, compliments of Jake “The Snake” Roberts. A feud with Roberts quickly followed.

“We were driving to Indianapolis, and I was in the backseat, pretending to be asleep, when Randy and Elizabeth started fighting,” Lanny says. “Elizabeth didn’t want Randy to get bitten by a King Cobra that night at the Market Square Arena. And Randy said the snake was de-venomized—Jake had told him so—and he was going to let the snake bite him because it was good business.”

The next day, Randy had a 103-degree fever. He blamed the snake bite.

Macho Man and Ricky Steamboat

Randy’s finest moment with the company occurred at WrestleMania III, where he had a match with Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat that was considered the best encounter ever seen on a World Wrestling Federation pay-per-view. Randy obsessed over the match, charting it move for move with Steamboat beforehand. Even for fans who knew that the action was predetermined, it was easy to suspend disbelief. There was a backstory involving Randy crushing Steamboat’s neck with the ring bell. In the ring, the two traded a series of thrilling near-falls—with the referee counting to two before one combatant dramatically raised his shoulder—before the official was knocked down and Randy snatched the bell to aggravate the injury. From ringside, George “The Animal” Steele pulled the weapon away. Randy turned to inflict more damage. But as he scooped Steamboat up for a bodyslam, The Dragon grabbed Savage’s left leg, rolling him to the canvas and pinning him with a small package.

As Randy and Elizabeth were transported back to the dressing room in a cart designed like a small ring, the Macho Man appeared to be crying.

Randy never felt he had a WWE match as classic as his WrestleMania III encounter with Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat.

“Randy was a real pro, one of the closest brothers I had in wrestling,” says fellow second-generation wrestler and five-time World Wrestling Federation champion Bret “Hit Man” Hart. “Great timing. Great athlete. He was always very safe. He’d never do anything careless that would hurt you. I’d let Randy do anything to me in the ring.”

He was also a dynamic entertainer, a valuable asset as McMahon began making deals with licensees and advertisers. One iconic commercial featured the Macho Man asking, “Need a little excitement?” then, raising his voice like King Curtis Iaukea: “Snap into a Slim Jim!”

But Randy could also harbor a grudge, particularly when the slight was directed at his father. In 1987, the World Wrestling Federation booked an old-timers’ battle royal at New Jersey’s Meadowlands. Angelo was still in good shape at the time and wanted to participate. Randy lobbied for his father. But when Lou Thesz, Nick Bockwinkel, Bobo Brazil, Ray Stevens and the other retired wrestlers entered the building, they learned that Angelo had never been invited.

“Randy really loved Vince until the battle royal,” Lanny says. “He felt really bad when Al Costello, who was one of Dad’s best friends in wrestling, said, ‘Where’s your father? He should be here.’ Randy never forgot about the battle royal. He felt guilty, like he should have done more. He’d belabor the point.”

Nacho Man

Still, Randy stayed with the company and, by 1994, was appearing less in the ring and more at the announcer’s table. “What frustrated Randy was he felt he never had a match as good as the Steamboat match,” Lanny says. “He was bored with announcing and thought Shawn Michaels could have that kind of match with him. Randy wanted to do a two-year program building up to a match with Shawn at WrestleMania. Randy would lose, retire and go back to the announcer’s table.”

Randy was just short of 42 when he presented his proposal but still felt capable of using his physicality to enrapture a crowd. But, his brother claims, the Macho Man was informed that the World Wrestling Federation was in the midst of a “youth movement.” “So he said, ‘I think I’ll get a second opinion,’” Lanny says. “He went to WCW (World Championship Wrestling, the company’s primary rival at the time), and he took Slim Jim with him.”

Subsidized by Ted Turner, WCW had become as aggressive as the World Wrestling Federation a decade earlier, recruiting not only Randy, but Hogan, Flair, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Lex Luger and other top names. The World Wrestling Federation fought back with vignettes depicting Savage as “Nacho Man,” a geriatric has-been.

“He didn’t find any humor in his bald spot or his divorce from Elizabeth,” Lanny says. “He saw those as deliberate attempts to tarnish his brand.”

Randy held the WCW championship four times, and—despite his 1992 split with Elizabeth—brought his ex-wife in as his valet. As part of the storyline, she turned on him and boasted about taking his money in their divorce settlement. In real life, Elizabeth eventually moved in with Luger. In 2003, her fans were shocked to learn that she’d been found dead in the Marietta, Ga., home they shared. Cause of death: a toxic mixture of painkillers and vodka.

By then, WCW was defunct, having been purchased and absorbed into WWE in 2001. With the exception of a brief series of appearances with TNA (Total Nonstop Action)—the closest American rival to WWE today—in 2005, Randy was finished with the wrestling business.

Injured on the Spider-Man Set

Interestingly, the ailment that distressed Randy the most in retirement was incurred not in a wrestling ring, but a movie set. He’d insisted on doing his own stunts while playing Bonesaw McGraw, a wrestler who battles protagonist Peter Parker in the 2002 movie Spider-Man. Toward the end of the cinematic match, Randy’s character was monkey-flipped on his head. According to Lanny, the stunt took numerous takes. “He needed a lot of physical therapy,” Lanny says. “But he was never the same. Instead of turning his neck to see you, he turned his torso.”

Randy could have maintained his ties with the wrestling community by attending autograph signings and fan conventions. But he preferred limiting his interactions. Bret Hart attempted to contact Randy several times, but Lanny wasn’t allowed to give out his brother’s phone number. “Even if I had it,” Bret says, “I knew he wouldn’t call me back.”

“He chose to isolate himself. And I understand that because I went through it myself. When you leave the business, all your friends are scattered all over the world. Some are wrestling. Some aren’t. On the road, you love them as brothers. But when you walk away from the business, it’s not the same kind of friendship. You’re used to seeing these guys every day. Then, you never see them at all.”

One day, Randy walked into his parents’ house and noticed that Lanny was wearing a suit.

“Where are you going?” Randy asked.

“Jack Brisco’s funeral.” Brisco, the first Native American to win an NCAA national wrestling championship, was a two-time National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) titlist and a WWE Hall of Famer. “Want to go with me?”

Randy nodded. “Maybe I would.”

“Well, come on. Let’s go.”

Randy’s eyes sparkled and a grin crept across his face. “Just kidding.”

Explains Lanny, “Randy didn’t like funerals. He didn’t even want anyone to attend his funeral.”

Although Angelo had appeared on many of the same cards as Brisco in the early 1970s, the elder Poffo’s dementia had progressed to the point that he was unaware of the latest fatality in the wrestling fraternity. Randy monitored his father’s disintegration, shuttling Angelo to virtually every doctor’s appointment.

On March 4, 2010, at Morton Plant Hospital in Clearwater, the family was told that Angelo had a heartbeat but no pulse. “I don’t want my dad to have a heartbeat with no pulse,” Randy said. “Let him go.”

“Randy prayed for Ang to die because he suffered so much,” Judy says. “But when he did die, Randy went home and punched holes in the walls. His wife’s still fixing up those holes. He was pretty good with his temper.”

Despite the sorrow, Lanny tried to find something positive to which the family could cling. “Dad lived a good life,” Lanny told his brother. “I hope I get to live to be one month shy of 85.”

“I don’t,” Randy shot back. “Do you think he enjoyed the last years of his life?”

Much of the hair above Randy’s ears had fallen out, but he’d been careful to hide it. When he walked into St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Downers Grove for Angelo’s funeral, though, Lanny noticed that his brother wasn’t wearing a hat. “After that,” Lanny says, “he started accepting his hair loss.”

Judy realized that Randy had also stopped coloring his beard: “What used to happen was he’d dye it and, a few hours later, the white would be coming out. It was hard to keep the beard dark.”

There was one other benefit to exposing his aging process. “He thought no one would recognize him with the white beard,” Judy says. “But they did.”

Tired of Being Angry

With Angelo gone, Randy made it a point to take Judy to breakfast four mornings a week, openly discussing the way his body hurt each day. “If you could do it again,” she asked, “would you still pick wrestling?”

Randy didn’t hesitate when he responded, “I have no regrets.”

One of the bright parts of his life was his marriage to Lynn. He’d been in the gym about a decade earlier when a stranger approached and mentioned that she knew his girlfriend from his minor league days. Randy and Lynn quickly rekindled their romance and moved in together. On May 10, 2010, the couple finally married—on the same spot of beach they’d first met in 1972.

Yet, even this decision was colored by Randy’s premonition that he wasn’t going to live long. “He was afraid that, when he died, we’d get everything, and Lynn wouldn’t even have a home,” Judy says. “He wanted to protect her financially.”

Notes Lanny, “He was getting closure for everything.”

For several years, Randy had not spoken to Hulk Hogan. “It was a series of misunderstandings,” Jimmy Hart says, “mountains being made out of molehills.” Hogan had mocked Randy on the radio. Following Angelo’s ICW tradition, Randy challenged Hogan to an actual fight.

The tension showed no sign of dissipating when Randy took his mother for an electrocardiogram exam one day, and a nurse informed him that Hogan was also in the office. Randy rushed out of the room. “He came up and grabbed Hulk from behind,” Judy says. “Hulk turned around and he was so happy. Randy wasn’t angry anymore.”

Adds Lanny, “He was tired of being mad all the time.”

In fact, Randy was planning a rare public appearance. In 1989, he’d been a guest announcer on a Cincinnati Reds radio broadcast and remembered the experience fondly—especially the moment when he stood up and did a muscle shot for the crowd and center fielder Eric Davis stepped out of the dugout and gave the Macho Man the same pose. When Lanny met Reds first baseman Joey Votto at a charity event, the incident came up, and the 2010 National League MVP invited Randy to a June 2011 game against the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field. Among the incentives: VIP batting practice privileges.

Randy agreed to go. But he died five weeks before the game.

Never Yielding

The night before he died, Randy invited his brother over the house. Randy wanted beer—Miller Lite—and Lanny stopped at a Publix along the route. The store was out of Miller Lite, so Lanny settled for Miller Genuine Draft. At the house, Randy grabbed the beer and examined the label.

“Son of a bitch,” he grumbled. “I send you for Miller Lite, and you can’t even get that right. Jesus Christ.” He looked at his brother and smiled.

Observes Lanny, “If he didn’t screw with you, he didn’t love you.”

Randy hadn’t talked about Angelo’s exclusion from the 1987 battle royal for several years. But recently, the subject had come up again. In Randy’s fantasy, he’d taken a hard stand on behalf of his father. Now, as he sipped on his beer, Randy told Lanny, “I handled it like Martin Luther King, and I should have handled it like Malcolm X. By any means necessary.”

Lanny could anticipate the next topic of conversation: the WWE Hall of Fame. He’d never go in by himself, Randy reiterated. It was the Poffo family, or nobody at all. Since Randy spoke about his mortality so often, Lanny took this to mean that it would be his responsibility to reject the overture, if he managed to outlive the Macho Man.

“You understand what I’m talking about?” Randy emphasized.

Lanny all but rolled his eyes. “Got it the first time.”

Two years later, Lanny admits the possibility of a Hall of Fame offer causes him stress: “On the one hand, I’m so appreciative of Vince McMahon for everything he did for me. I mean, when I was The Genius, managing Mr. Perfect, I was in main events and on the Regis show—me, a career jabroni. That’s because of Vince. And the fans deserve to see Randy in the Hall of Fame. But I have to support my brother. I just think it’s absolutely insane that I’m stuck in the middle. This is the quandary I’m in.”

“So here’s the way I feel about WWE. If you think the Von Erichs were better than the Poffos, that’s your prerogative. If you want Randy in against his wishes, you have my permission to do it without my permission. But don’t invite me because I won’t attend. I don’t need the 30 pieces of silver.”

Behind the security walls of Randy’s property, a feeling of melancholy pervaded the room. Randy grew pensive but appreciative of the people with whom he’d chosen to surround himself over the last several months. “The best thing about you, Lanny,” he said, “was you always took care of Mom, and I know you always will.”

He contemplated his brother, and the irony that Lanny—who spent much of his time in the World Wrestling Federation staring up at the arena lights—seemed to have maintained his health: “I can’t believe how you survived the business and I didn’t. Every inch of me aches.”

According to the Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner’s office, Randy “Macho Man” Savage died of heart disease—an enlarged heart with severe atherosclerosis of his coronary arteries—rather than the car accident at State Road 694 and 113th Street North. He was simply unfortunate to be driving when he suffered some type of arrhythmia that caused his heart to stop beating.

To find the site where his car came to a halt, one can park on the grounds of the Bay Pines Evangelical Lutheran Church and cut across a sun-bleached patch of grass, toward 113th Street North. A stucco home overlooks a battered, aging tree lined with cloth flowers and affixed with plastic-wrapped signs. The lettering is starting to fade, but the messages are consistent. “Dear Poffo Family,” one notice reads. “Your Randy will be missed and remembered always.”

Lanny is asked if it feels strange to visit. “Not really,” he replies, as a crane lounges on the grass nearby. “Elvis died on the toilet.”

After his death, the family placed Randy in an open casket at a local funeral home. The only guests were Lynn and her two daughters, along with Lanny and Judy. “That’s the way Randy wanted it,” his brother says. After the Macho Man’s cremation, the same group converged on his property, and Lanny poured the ashes on the spot Randy had specified some two weeks before.

Because Randy only sustained mild abrasions in the accident, the family’s final memory of the Macho Man soothes rather than haunts. “He had a look,” Lanny says. “Even in the casket, he had that look. He looked like he was just resting until he could get up and kick your ass.”

“I’ll tell you what. He had his life. And he did not yield.”

Keith Elliot Greenberg, a New York Times bestselling author and television producer, wrote for WWE’s publications for more than 20 years.

___________________________________________________________________________________
A No Rough Stuff Type Deal

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
this is a great article AND the whole Poffo clan should go in
May 27th 2013
Agreed
May 27th 2013
What the hell happened to Axel's theme?
May 27th 2013
Looking forward to Big E going solo
May 27th 2013
It's time to get the Main Event DiBiase movement back in gear.
May 27th 2013
Believe in the Shield
May 27th 2013
We need an Ambrose v. DiBiase program.
May 27th 2013
      Haven't seen DiBiase in a minute
May 27th 2013
Jericho + Heyman = quality mike work
May 27th 2013
Absolutely
May 27th 2013
This is my favorite suit
May 27th 2013
Bray Wyatt & The Family!!!
May 27th 2013
Heyman deserves better than Curtis Axel
May 27th 2013
"We all forgot about Curtis Axel" - Michael Cole
May 27th 2013
that Macho Man article is amazing
May 28th 2013
good read
May 28th 2013
Holy shit Stroud hahaah
May 29th 2013
I hate that I'm the only one that seems to hate this Stroud guy
May 29th 2013
Oh, he's absolutely pretentious and snobby with it.
May 29th 2013
He can get preachy
May 29th 2013
nah I don't like him either. I sent him an email about it too.
Jun 03rd 2013
      Kinda sounds like he's trying to justify his schtick nm
Jun 03rd 2013
He's definitely feeling himself way too much
Jun 03rd 2013
DEATH TO @$$HOLES THAT LIST "FULL RAW SHOW" ON UTUBE
May 29th 2013
RE: DEATH TO @$$HOLES THAT LIST "FULL RAW SHOW" ON UTUBE
May 29th 2013
go here:
May 29th 2013
      Thanks for this!
May 29th 2013
      Thanks
Jun 03rd 2013
      thanks
Jun 03rd 2013
WWE Youtube Flashback: ROck, Goldust, and Booker=hilarity
May 31st 2013
That's hilarious...
Jun 03rd 2013
RE: WWE Youtube Flashback: ROck, Goldust, and Booker=hilarity
Jun 03rd 2013
Chikara is the best wrestling company going right now.
Jun 03rd 2013
TELL 'EM ABOUT TRIOS, THOUGH!
Jun 03rd 2013
I don't follow it, but it's fun as hell to watch
Jun 03rd 2013
Links?
Jun 03rd 2013
Yea, I'm in too
Jun 03rd 2013
RE: Links?
Jun 03rd 2013
And...they're shutting down, apparently.
Jun 06th 2013
      I think it's a storyline
Jun 06th 2013

Jun 06th 2013
So...We're supposed to cheer Jericho here?
Jun 03rd 2013
Colt Cabana just tweeted:
Jun 03rd 2013
Countouts in a No DQ match?
Jun 03rd 2013
This opening segment is great so far
Jun 10th 2013
i'm thinking orton's days as a face/antihero are numbered.
Jun 10th 2013
      Just do something with him
Jun 10th 2013
      the ending of smackdown definitely teased a heel turn
Jun 10th 2013
Da fuk was that for, Del Rio?
Jun 10th 2013
Cesaro gets a win on Raw?
Jun 10th 2013
The entire Richmond crowd doing the YES chant
Jun 10th 2013
Ok, I take that back
Jun 10th 2013
      What a match
Jun 10th 2013
YAY! Bryan vs. Rollins
Jun 10th 2013
Lol
Jun 10th 2013
The first Vince-HHH segment was pretty funny
Jun 11th 2013
You might wanna catch the end of Smackdown tonight
Jun 14th 2013
You had me at Bryan vs. The Shield
Jun 14th 2013
RE: You might wanna catch the end of Smackdown tonight
Jun 15th 2013
Is Punk definitely wrestling at Payback?
Jun 15th 2013
I'm not quite sure myself
Jun 15th 2013
what a great story. put the whole fam in nm
Jun 15th 2013
So, Payback?
Jun 17th 2013
Main Event was the least exciting part, but overall a very good PPV
Jun 17th 2013
      Fozzy's back working in August.
Jun 17th 2013
That was a finely-executed double turn*
Jun 17th 2013
RE: That was a finely-executed double turn*
Jun 17th 2013
      I thought it set up the heel turn further
Jun 17th 2013
      No, that was a good heel-ish promo
Jun 17th 2013
           Yeah that makes sense,
Jun 17th 2013
Random, but a dude on reddit seems to be in the know:
Jun 17th 2013
Manifesto
Jun 17th 2013
      So, by leaking PPV outcomes from a WWE insider...
Jun 17th 2013
           yeah, wtf?
Jun 17th 2013
           people bet on the finishes on some sportsbook
Jun 17th 2013
chicago --- smark city. the heels got over.
Jun 17th 2013
I need better streaming sites.....
Jun 17th 2013
Usually I use firstrow
Jun 17th 2013
      Are they up on Desi that quickly?
Jun 17th 2013
           Was my first time checking it out
Jun 17th 2013
Microcosm of the WWE
Jun 17th 2013
Oh, that wasn't that bad. Nice visual. Good grief.
Jun 17th 2013
LOL. i'm almost wondering if that spot was an inside joke...
Jun 17th 2013
Okay, so Steffy's back as a face this week. Got it.
Jun 17th 2013
Let it be Cesaro, Zeb!!!
Jun 17th 2013
And he gets to wrestle Regal!!!
Jun 17th 2013
Don't hang 'em up Mark
Jun 17th 2013
He's really been at his best the last few years
Jun 17th 2013
THAT'S WHAT HE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 17th 2013
      best swerve in a lonnnnnggggggggggggg time. n/m
Jun 17th 2013
THAT'S WHAT HE DO
Jun 17th 2013
FUCK YES
Jun 17th 2013
THANK YOU BASED MARK!!
Jun 17th 2013
Haha, that was great! I literally laughed out loud
Jun 17th 2013
THAT.WAS.GREAT.
Jun 17th 2013
Awesome.
Jun 17th 2013
Mark Henry
Jun 17th 2013
I've had two mark-out moments on this show
Jun 17th 2013
They still doing that yellow light thing?
Jun 17th 2013
Brock's gonna show up now right?
Jun 17th 2013
Whoa. We getting a Punk/Lesnar program?
Jun 17th 2013
And that is why I sit through some truly awful episodes of Raw
Jun 17th 2013
I don't know who WWE hired...
Jun 17th 2013
Mark Henry had my wife entranced with his retirement speech.
Jun 18th 2013
Will they put the strap on him though?
Jun 18th 2013
      Same here.
Jun 18th 2013
Rewatched the Bryan-Orton match from RAW
Jun 19th 2013
Crazy shit... thought it was a work
Jun 19th 2013
I cracked the hell up when mark slammed cena
Jun 19th 2013
Had a very similar reaction
Jun 19th 2013
So I never bother with NXT, but this video got me pretty excited.
Jun 21st 2013
Great video
Jun 21st 2013
Where is The Big Show?
Jun 21st 2013
I believe he's got a torn labrum
Jun 22nd 2013
That segment was pretty damn perfect
Jun 24th 2013
Yeah. If only everybody else was that good...
Jun 24th 2013
      Big E's on-purpose bad acting > than Kaitlyn's real acting.
Jun 24th 2013
Damn. Punk got a restraining order against his mom. (swipe)
Jun 26th 2013
sad, nm
Jun 26th 2013
Damn, that's gotta be tough for it to get to this point.
Jun 26th 2013
His DVD pretty much told me all I needed to know about his family
Jun 26th 2013
it's shitty that this is public.
Jun 26th 2013
Oh damn. Zeb and Cesaro on Main Event.
Jun 26th 2013
Happy for this Uso push.
Jul 01st 2013
Agreed
Jul 01st 2013
That Dolph/AJ breakup is coming, isn't it?
Jul 01st 2013
damn son, crowd didn't really pop for dolph there.
Jul 01st 2013
No, they didn't. I think they're kinda botching his turn.
Jul 01st 2013
      has he even cut a face promo since Payback?
Jul 01st 2013
Nice promo from Mark
Jul 01st 2013
I still haven't figured out how the WWE makes hot chicks...
Jul 01st 2013
I might actually buy Money In The Bank this year.....
Jul 01st 2013
Ricardo got suspended for Hydroxycut?
Jul 02nd 2013
Where did you see that it was Hydroxycut?
Jul 02nd 2013
      "Sources say..."
Jul 02nd 2013
           My first thought was weed. Or maybe peyote.
Jul 02nd 2013
                Or shrooms, haha
Jul 02nd 2013
                     Shrooms only stay in your system about 2 days.
Jul 03rd 2013
Thoughts on the current state of Raw 1. The new Godwins debut next wee...
Jul 02nd 2013
I've got an idea for the Shield that I'm pretty proud of
Jul 02nd 2013
1. Where's the actual idea 2. Why be proud of something so obvious?
Jul 02nd 2013
Michaels denied this was about Bryan
Jul 02nd 2013
      That's a work, mark.
Jul 02nd 2013
Word, so Meltzer says that Sting has sent feelers to WWE
Jul 02nd 2013
yay?
Jul 02nd 2013
man I wish we'd seen HBK v Sting at some point.
Jul 02nd 2013
^^^ Sees it
Jul 02nd 2013
Man they could cake so crazy off that
Jul 02nd 2013
SI article on Mark Henry from 1991
Jul 02nd 2013
he's been on fire for the last like 3 years
Jul 03rd 2013
      Yup... by "lately" I meant basically since he turned heel.
Jul 03rd 2013
           Best part of this period
Jul 03rd 2013
WWE suspended Ricardo Rodriguez for violating Wellness Program.
Jul 02nd 2013
they suspended referee Mike Chioda for drugs
Jul 02nd 2013
Son, this Jay Briscoe promo right here, son... (NSFW)
Jul 03rd 2013
That was dope
Jul 03rd 2013
The Wyatt Family debuts tonight
Jul 08th 2013
So...That happened
Jul 08th 2013
Wyatt Family!
Jul 08th 2013
What happened here:
Jul 09th 2013
I rewound that too. Someone caught hell for that in the prod. truck
Jul 09th 2013
I didn't think it was that serious, it was only up for a second nm
Jul 09th 2013
      you're probs right, they've just really gone hard selling "Curtis Axel"
Jul 09th 2013
      definitely not as serious as axel botching jericho's finisher. n/m
Jul 09th 2013
Jul 09th 2013
why do they even have those graphics saved?
Jul 09th 2013
good matches on Raw that are longer than 3 minutes? Ya dont say!
Jul 09th 2013
remember when we all couldn't wait for the next zeb coulter promo?
Jul 09th 2013
Yeah, that whole thing has fizzled.
Jul 09th 2013
      I think that may have been the intention.
Jul 09th 2013
      I thought that entire program was overrated from jump street
Jul 09th 2013
Holy shit Dolph's promo.
Jul 09th 2013

Virgenes Corazon
Member since Jan 03rd 2007
2985 posts
Mon May-27-13 06:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "this is a great article AND the whole Poffo clan should go in"
In response to Reply # 0

No argument has to be made for Randy or Angelo, but Lanny was a great worker even if he was a lower-card heel.

Avatar: Chikara Pro Wrestling. Born From Oblivion.

New Technology Vs. Horse album, "Sorry That I Knocked You Up" http://technologyvshorse.bandcamp.com/album/sorry-that-i-knocked-you-up

Poorspellir
Member since Oct 26th 2011
1911 posts
Mon May-27-13 06:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Agreed"
In response to Reply # 1

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon May-27-13 07:15 PM

3. "What the hell happened to Axel's theme?"
In response to Reply # 0

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon May-27-13 07:39 PM

4. "Looking forward to Big E going solo"
In response to Reply # 0

Just give him the mic and give him back his 5 count.

Buck
Member since Feb 15th 2005
16160 posts
Mon May-27-13 08:18 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "It's time to get the Main Event DiBiase movement back in gear."
In response to Reply # 0

If I knew that DiBiase was closing this show, I would be a lot more excited about it.

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon May-27-13 08:22 PM

6. "Believe in the Shield"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon May-27-13 08:26 PM by Poorspellir

The Best of Raw & Smackdown dvd this year should just be three discs of Shield related matches, and that Punk-Cena classic.

Though the ending could've been better. Kane just kinda stood there staring at Rollins until he got kneed in the head.

Buck
16160 posts
Mon May-27-13 08:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "We need an Ambrose v. DiBiase program."
In response to Reply # 6

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon May-27-13 08:34 PM

8. "Haven't seen DiBiase in a minute"
In response to Reply # 7
Mon May-27-13 08:35 PM by Poorspellir

But it'd be nice to see someone other than Kofi try to win the US Title

Buck
16160 posts
Mon May-27-13 09:04 PM

9. "Jericho + Heyman = quality mike work"
In response to Reply # 0

Compelling Highlight Reel.

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon May-27-13 09:08 PM

11. "Absolutely"
In response to Reply # 9

Jericho's "you still owe me money" and Paul's "that's why I waived my fee tonight" was fantastic.

More of this, please

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon May-27-13 09:04 PM

10. "This is my favorite suit"
In response to Reply # 0

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon May-27-13 09:26 PM

12. "Bray Wyatt & The Family!!!"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon May-27-13 09:28 PM by Poorspellir

About time

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon May-27-13 09:56 PM

13. "Heyman deserves better than Curtis Axel"
In response to Reply # 0

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon May-27-13 10:19 PM

14. ""We all forgot about Curtis Axel" - Michael Cole"
In response to Reply # 0

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Tue May-28-13 10:23 AM

15. "that Macho Man article is amazing"
In response to Reply # 0

fascinating guy and a true legend

stankpalmer
Member since Dec 16th 2003
6840 posts
Tue May-28-13 11:45 AM

16. "good read"
In response to Reply # 0

------
so...if you're into DJing or nightlife...
or DJing AND nightlife...
peep Opening Set Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/openingset

also remixes: http://jonreyes.bandcamp.com

@stankpalmer

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Wed May-29-13 02:53 PM

17. "Holy shit Stroud hahaah"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm fully on the Curtis Axel train, but this is hilarious

Best: Curtis Axel Defeats People By Making Them Forget They’re Supposed To Be Wrestling

Curtis Axel is so f**king boring he’s defeating the biggest superstars in WWE by boring them so close to f**king death they forget they’re wrestling at all. He is the Deep Blue Something of professional wrestlers. Last week he’s being introduced to the crowd, so Triple H interrupts, pretends he’s not there and addresses Paul Heyman about Brock Lesnar. Later, they have a match, which Axel technically wins when Triple H wanders outside, gets SUDDENLY SUPER TIRED and just sorta lies on the ground in a waking coma. He can’t remember where he is or what he’s doing. Then the show goes off the air without a match result announcement, because Curtis Axel is so boring he made the WWE production team forget they were filming the main-event of Raw.

Then this week, Curtis Axel gets a match with John Cena. In the middle of it, the crowd turns away and starts looking in the opposite direction. Curtis Axel is so boring people in the front row of Raw forgot they were watching wrestling. Axel just sorta holds an armbar and haplessly pushes John Cena’s face FOR LIKE FIVE MINUTES until everybody remembers where they are, and the match continues. Then, just before John Cena effortlessly dispatches the kid, he wanders out of the ring and up the ramp to examine an ambulance that has just driven in. He gets counted out. Curtis Axel is so boring that John Cena decided to look at a car instead of finishing his wrestling match.

This is basically the best character they’ve ever created.

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44853 posts
Wed May-29-13 02:56 PM

18. "I hate that I'm the only one that seems to hate this Stroud guy"
In response to Reply # 17

Not to be a dick (I like you, wally, lol) but I always look at OKP's sideways for even reading that douchebag.

-Sig-

“Why didn’t you do this in your own god damn country?"

-All Stah's view on undocumented immigrants wanting to be treated like human beings.

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Wed May-29-13 08:04 PM

21. "Oh, he's absolutely pretentious and snobby with it."
In response to Reply # 18

I would hate to actually hang out with the guy.

But I kinda see him as a more caricatured version of Bill Simmons, just for wrestling. Like even if I completely disagree with him I'll still sometimes find him entertaining.

With that said though, the main reason why I read him is that the basic theme throughout his column is that he just wants wrestling to make *sense*. Yeah, I understand that's a tall order for "sports entertainment", but that doesn't mean I don't want to see it on my television.

So because of his earnestness for sensible wrestling, I'm willing to tolerate all the douchiness and self-aggrandizement that goes along with it.

magilla vanilla
Member since Sep 13th 2002
18759 posts
Wed May-29-13 11:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
24. "He can get preachy"

but like wally said, the idea of things making even the basest amount of actual sense would be a lot better on WWE TV. I also tend to prefer the "heels" that they've had.

Plus, I'm fully on board with him with the HHH hate.

---------------------------------
Photo zine(some images NSFW): http://bit.ly/USaSPhoto

"This (and every, actually) conversation needs more Chesterton and less Mike Francesa." - Walleye

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18387 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 01:20 PM

30. "nah I don't like him either. I sent him an email about it too."

Told him his stuff used to be good but now his eye is trained to be cynical and his writing is suffering for it.

He sent me a long-winded reply about how he gets these kind of messages all the time and that if he catered to everyone he'd never be able to get his own thoughts out. Mark shit. I haven't read that thing since Thanksgiving.

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 02:23 PM

34. "Kinda sounds like he's trying to justify his schtick nm"
In response to Reply # 30

___________________________________________________________________________________

stankpalmer
6840 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 04:02 PM

35. "He's definitely feeling himself way too much"
In response to Reply # 17

Like Tiger Woods said, he's fallen off a bit since getting on. At first, he seemed like one of the few people writing on wrestling that didn't take himself, or the product, too seriously as long as things made sense. Now that he's gotten over, he's starting to come off like a lot of the depressed/jaded folks in the IWC and gotten way too cynical in his writing.

One of the reasons why he's so over is that, unlike most folks online, dude can write well. He cann't hold a candle to The Masked Man, but thus far, I haven't found anything else worth reading that can keep up with Stroud quality-wise - whether or not I agree with him.

------
peep Opening Set Podcast

@stankpalmer

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Wed May-29-13 04:41 PM

19. "DEATH TO @$$HOLES THAT LIST "FULL RAW SHOW" ON UTUBE"
In response to Reply # 0

THEN YOU CLICK IT ONLY TO FIND THAT IT'S 2 HOURS OF A VIDEO GAME. ..AND THEY DISABLE COMMENTS!!!

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,

pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12493 posts
Wed May-29-13 04:46 PM

20. "RE: DEATH TO @$$HOLES THAT LIST "FULL RAW SHOW" ON UTUBE"
In response to Reply # 19

they have a free, but shortened, version on hulu

Expertise
Charter member
37848 posts
Wed May-29-13 10:30 PM

22. "go here: "
In response to Reply # 19

I usually miss the end of Raw due to work, so I can watch it immediately after the show ends here:

http://tinyurl.com/6oytrp6

They are REALLY good. Every wrestling show - even ones from New Japan - are usually posted here on this board.

KCPlayer21
Charter member
30076 posts
Wed May-29-13 11:03 PM

23. "Thanks for this!"
In response to Reply # 22

okunre2013.tumblr.com/ | @okunre2013
ATL :: 2013 :: 7/5 – 7/7 | #kickball | #tubing | #debauchery

You gon' live forever
Whether you want to or not
Some of us gon' end up holy
Some of us gon' end up hot.....

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 05:08 AM

27. "Thanks"

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,

stankpalmer
6840 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 04:03 PM

36. "thanks"

------
peep Opening Set Podcast

@stankpalmer

Cold Truth
44853 posts
Fri May-31-13 01:20 PM

25. "WWE Youtube Flashback: ROck, Goldust, and Booker=hilarity"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhqQk44wugY

-Sig-

-All Stah's view on undocumented immigrants wanting to be treated like human beings.

Sleepy
Charter member
6947 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 01:55 PM

32. "That's hilarious..."
In response to Reply # 25

You're such pests...now, what is it you want? In your depths of your ignorance, what is it you want? Well, whatever it is you want, I can't deliver because I just don't see it. - Orson Welles

Never Tired, Always Sleepy

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 05:17 PM

37. "RE: WWE Youtube Flashback: ROck, Goldust, and Booker=hilarity"
In response to Reply # 25

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhqQk44wugY

Hilarious...all three brought it...lol

And on the real...Goldust has always been brilliant on the mic....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Virgenes Corazon
2985 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 03:46 AM

26. "Chikara is the best wrestling company going right now. "
In response to Reply # 0

They had their i-PPV Sunday night, Aniversario: Never Compromise, with a Grand Championship main event of Eddie Kingston defending against Icarus.

The show ended with the shadow corporation that owns Chikara sending in their personal security to bust up the main event because a disgruntled ex-employee revealed or tried to reveal their evil schemes earlier in the show. Icarus and Kingston were nearing the climax of what was a pretty good match and Icarus had a submission hold locked in when the security showed, threw them and the referee out of the ring. Then they pulled the ring down and cut the PPV feed.

Before you start comparing this to Nexus or "Monty Python & The Holy Grail", I should also mention that there's a time-traveling drum major named Archibald Peck involved in this although I still can't explain it fully because I don't completely understand it.

New Technology Vs. Horse album, "Sorry That I Knocked You Up" http://technologyvshorse.bandcamp.com/album/sorry-that-i-knocked-you-up

magilla vanilla
18759 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 10:42 AM

28. "TELL 'EM ABOUT TRIOS, THOUGH! "
In response to Reply # 26

"This (and every, actually) conversation needs more Chesterton and less Mike Francesa." - Walleye

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13192 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 01:13 PM

29. "I don't follow it, but it's fun as hell to watch"

Somebody linked (not sure if it was here or elsewhere) a YouTube vid of some tag team using some mind power trick to make their opponents bust out in dance or some shit. I thought it was hilarious. When I'm bored I'll randomly check out the matches in their podcasts.

Their 3-on-3 tag matches are 15 minutes of non-stop entertainment though.

KneelB4Me
Member since Apr 06th 2005
4473 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 01:44 PM

31. "Links?"

Sounds like it would be right up this comic geek's alley.

"I halfway hope people put "btw, rappers lie and shit" on CD covers, like a parental advisory sticker." - OKP Villain

www.twitter.com/lexlamont

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 02:21 PM

33. "Yea, I'm in too"
In response to Reply # 31

Virgenes Corazon
2985 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 06:05 PM

38. "RE: Links?"
In response to Reply # 31

El Generico (now NXT's Sami Zayn) vs. Nick Jackson of the Young Bucks vs. Jigsaw vs. Kota Ibushi. 1 on 1 on 1 on 1 elimination match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XesuznnHaA

TRIOS action. Da Soul Touchaz vs. BDK (Tim Donst, Lince Dorado and Tursas)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6bhR_pdW7M

Tag action. The Throwbacks (Dasher Hatfield & Sugar Dunkerton) vs. Los Ice Creams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ToVtQwS3rM

Rudo vs. Rudo trios action. F.I.S.T. (Friends In Similar Tights) vs. The Batiri

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUQ7keaxkDo

Buck
16160 posts
Thu Jun-06-13 05:09 PM

42. "And...they're shutting down, apparently."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2013/0606/563240/chikara-shutting-down/

I think you jinxed them.

Virgenes Corazon
2985 posts
Thu Jun-06-13 09:22 PM

43. "I think it's a storyline"
In response to Reply # 42

Either they planned on going out of business and the end of the PPV was meant to be a weird cliffhanger sendoff or they'll be back next year. I know that in the meantime there are several mildly-affiliated local promotions that will be operating in the absence of Chikara, under the umbrella title "Wrestling Is".

There's a Wrestling is Cool, a Wrestling is Heart, Wrestling is Intense, Wrestling is Cool, Wrestling is Art, Wrestling is Respect, and Wrestling is Awesome. They're all different in their own way, but each feature some of the Chikara roster in them. I've downloaded a few of their shows from Smart Mark Video for $4.99 and they're pretty good considering the price. Some of the Wrestling is Fun shows have had Funaki (remember him from Smackdown?)

Also, I wanted to post this match from 2012. Mr. Touchdown and Dasher Hatfield vs. Mixed Martial Archie and Colt Cabana.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pZSL0KHmIgg#!

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Thu Jun-06-13 09:34 PM

44. ""
In response to Reply # 43

>Wrestling is Cool, a Wrestling is Heart, Wrestling
>is Intense, Wrestling is Cool, Wrestling is Art, Wrestling is
>Respect, and Wrestling is Awesome.

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 09:07 PM

39. "So...We're supposed to cheer Jericho here?"
In response to Reply # 0

Virgenes Corazon
2985 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 09:18 PM

40. "Colt Cabana just tweeted:"
In response to Reply # 39

File that paperwork in your dickhole.

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-03-13 10:05 PM

41. "Countouts in a No DQ match?"
In response to Reply # 0

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-10-13 07:11 PM

45. "This opening segment is great so far"
In response to Reply # 0

Flash80
6953 posts
Mon Jun-10-13 07:48 PM

46. "i'm thinking orton's days as a face/antihero are numbered."
In response to Reply # 45

whatch'yall think?

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-10-13 08:10 PM

47. "Just do something with him"
In response to Reply # 46

pretentious username
12493 posts
Mon Jun-10-13 10:35 PM

53. "the ending of smackdown definitely teased a heel turn"
In response to Reply # 46

which is long overdue.

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-10-13 08:27 PM

48. "Da fuk was that for, Del Rio? "
In response to Reply # 0

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-10-13 08:38 PM

49. "Cesaro gets a win on Raw?"
In response to Reply # 0

http://tinyurl.com/bde2wn4

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-10-13 09:05 PM

50. "The entire Richmond crowd doing the YES chant "
In response to Reply # 0

Highlight of the night for me

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-10-13 09:08 PM

51. "Ok, I take that back"
In response to Reply # 50

That modified surfboard was incredible

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-10-13 09:19 PM

52. "What a match"
In response to Reply # 51

Virgenes Corazon
2985 posts
Mon Jun-10-13 10:46 PM

54. "YAY! Bryan vs. Rollins"
In response to Reply # 0

NAY! Four segments of HHH, Steph and Vince.

That's my review. You won't need to read the Bleacher Report review of the show now.

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-10-13 10:58 PM

55. "Lol"
In response to Reply # 54

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Tue Jun-11-13 02:37 PM

56. "The first Vince-HHH segment was pretty funny"
In response to Reply # 54

Woulda been even funnier had, after Vince stopped the match the second (?) time, HHH grabs the mic and announces that not only is he restarting the match as a 60-minute Iron Man match, but that it's also No-DQ and No Forfeit, and to start the clock because the match is starting RIGHT NOW... then we see a clock start, and a scoreboard pop up.

Then Vince grabs the mic again and orders the clock stopped, tells Curtis Axel to get out of the ring, then orders the production team to kill the arena lights and the Titantron, then says that the show won't continue until Triple H gets out of the ring... then Triple H says, okay, if you want to screw the fans, Vince, that's fine with me but just know that this is all your fault... then he just sits there for a few beats, then Vince says fine, then orders the production staff to go to commercial... then when we come back, the arena's still dark, and we hear Michael Cole say that Triple H is still in the ring, refusing to leave until he gets his way... maybe they air "during the break" footage of Triple H talking to the crowd and apologizing because "the old man is having a moment"...

Not sure where it goes from there but the point is if you're going to do an angle that's as extreme as this then go all the way with it, really sell the idea that this is some silly, ego-driven shit...

____________________________________________________________________________________
Im not posting in PTP

Virgenes Corazon
2985 posts
Fri Jun-14-13 09:23 PM

57. "You might wanna catch the end of Smackdown tonight"
In response to Reply # 0

If only for the excellence of Bryan/Kane/Orton vs. The Shield.

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Fri Jun-14-13 09:41 PM

58. "You had me at Bryan vs. The Shield"
In response to Reply # 57
Fri Jun-14-13 09:41 PM by Poorspellir

These guys never disappoint.

murph71
23113 posts
Sat Jun-15-13 09:20 AM

60. "RE: You might wanna catch the end of Smackdown tonight"
In response to Reply # 57

>If only for the excellence of Bryan/Kane/Orton vs. The
>Shield.

That was some 1st rate shit....Very entertaining....

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18640 posts
Sat Jun-15-13 08:48 AM

59. "Is Punk definitely wrestling at Payback?"
In response to Reply # 0

I know he's on the card, but there's just a little doubt in the back of my mind. They're playing up the Chicago being behind him thing so much, that it makes me wonder if he'll "no show" just to get heat.

I'm considering buying it just for Punk-Jericho....I'm a big fan of their first two PPV matches, and with the Chicago crowd,,,,it's guaranteed to be a great match, and the possibility of a classic is certainly there. Those are the only kinds of matches that keep me even somewhat paying attention to wrestling.

I don't really care about the rest of the card like that, so if I buy this shit and Punk doesn't wrestle Jericho, I'll be beyond pissed off. Would they go such a cheap route, for storyline reasons?

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Sat Jun-15-13 01:38 PM

62. "I'm not quite sure myself"
In response to Reply # 59

Originally I just thought he'd no-show, that this was an angle designed to break up Heyman and Punk, setting up Punk-Lesnar at SummerSlam. Heyman wouldn't be able to produce Punk for the match after signing the contract on his behalf, he'd come out and insert Axel in his place or something. Now idk, Fandango got injured, so now Axel's in the IC title match. Not sure how they're going to play it.

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Sat Jun-15-13 12:08 PM

61. "what a great story. put the whole fam in nm"
In response to Reply # 0

does it even matter?

Buck
16160 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 11:52 AM

63. "So, Payback?"
In response to Reply # 0

Everybody is calling Punk/Jericho a classic. Thought it needed 5-10 more minutes to get there.

Found that I did not care at all about the main event.

pretentious username
12493 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 12:58 PM

67. "Main Event was the least exciting part, but overall a very good PPV"
In response to Reply # 63

with this being better than I expected and MITB coming up, I have hope that SummerSlam won't suck.

pre-show: eh, I'd like to see Sandow get a push. I've been enjoying his schtick lately, but it would be weird for sheamus to beat mark henry and then lose to sandow.

Wyatt family promo: Weird, and I like it.

RVD promo: good news, it clearly got the fans that were there excited, almost to the detriment of the show.

IC match: surprisingly good, and the ending was perfect imo. Not crazy about Axel just yet, but they needed to move on from Barrett/the Miz placeholder reigns, and it sets up Axel's personality better than the previous few weeks had. Hopefully that sets up either Barrett and/or the Miz for a storyline change, they could both use it.

Divas match: This was actually kinda outstanding, and I'm glad to see AJ get a belt. Though 10 minutes of Kaitlyn crying afterwards was a bit much.

U.S. Title: Hate the count-out ending, but otherwise a solid match and I hope Ambrose keeps going.

World Heavyweight Title: Wish Ziggler would have had a longer reign, but I'm a fan of the Del Rio heel turn and I thought the match itself was fantastic. Does Ziggler turn face too?

Punk/Jericho: I wonder where they're gonna go with Jericho now, but I can't say I'm mad that Punk won. I don't think I was as impressed as most people seemed to be by the actual match though.

Tag team: Good match that sets up a story for Bryan and Orton and keeps the Shield's reign in place. I feel like they could really prop up all these great Shield matches by telling us what "justice" The Shield is seeking. It's been long enough imo.

WWE Champ: Should have been longer and it was pretty boring in parts, but it had some good spots and I'm happy with them keeping Cena in place. Should have had a camera on top of the ambulance for the end though, WWE.

Buck
16160 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 01:56 PM

72. "Fozzy's back working in August."
In response to Reply # 67

>World Heavyweight Title: Wish Ziggler would have had a longer
>reign, but I'm a fan of the Del Rio heel turn and I thought
>the match itself was fantastic. Does Ziggler turn face too?

Has to be.

>Punk/Jericho: I wonder where they're gonna go with Jericho
>now, but I can't say I'm mad that Punk won. I don't think I
>was as impressed as most people seemed to be by the actual
>match though.

Believe Jericho will be gone for at least 4-5 months. He exists now to drop in, make a few people look good, then leave. I only wish I liked Fozzy more.

>WWE Champ: Should have been longer and it was pretty boring in
>parts, but it had some good spots and I'm happy with them
>keeping Cena in place. Should have had a camera on top of the
>ambulance for the end though, WWE.

Wondered the same thing, but I think the rigged top would have been too obvious with a camera right on it, like, "oh, there's the trap door."

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 12:06 PM

64. "That was a finely-executed double turn*"
In response to Reply # 0

even if it wasn't the double turn that many were predicting (Jericho-CM Punk)

Solid show. I wonder where Dolph goes from here, though...

And they should give Axel a long run with the IC belt; don't let him hold it for two months then give it to The Miz on Smackdown or some other dumb shit. If they're serious about establishing this dude as a player, then this needs to happen. And he also needs to stop lucking into wins... I get it, the whole "take advantage of people" deal is a WWE heel staple, but it's tired; we need to see someone get some legit pinfalls, like the one last night somewhat-was...

Oh, and RVD's coming back! Yay?

* if it holds; for all we know Vince might get ants in his pants two weeks from now and decide that the Del Rio-as-a-face thing is going to WORK, dammit and resume shoving it down our throats while decreeing that Dolph should go back heel

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Im not posting in PTP

stankpalmer
6840 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 12:28 PM

65. "RE: That was a finely-executed double turn*"
In response to Reply # 64

>* if it holds; for all we know Vince might get ants in his
>pants two weeks from now and decide that the Del Rio-as-a-face
>thing is going to WORK, dammit and resume shoving it down our
>throats while decreeing that Dolph should go back heel

I didn't really understand what they were going for with Del Rio's promo at the end. He was working the match heel, but his promo felt like he was trying to salvage being a babyface --- even doing the Dellllll RIOOOOOOOOOO line at the end.

*shrugs* maybe he's just a mediocre promo

------
peep Opening Set Podcast

@stankpalmer

pretentious username
12493 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 01:00 PM

68. "I thought it set up the heel turn further"
In response to Reply # 65

>
>I didn't really understand what they were going for with Del
>Rio's promo at the end. He was working the match heel, but his
>promo felt like he was trying to salvage being a babyface ---
>even doing the Dellllll RIOOOOOOOOOO line at the end.

knowing that people didn't like the way he won, he gets super defensive and whiny, so people hate him even more.

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 01:22 PM

69. "No, that was a good heel-ish promo"
In response to Reply # 65

It was back to Del Rio being oblivious as opposed to the kiss-ass "I love America the land of opportunity!" babyface bullshit he'd been spouting the past few months

This promo was "I know you guys want to cheer me because I worked so hard to get this win for you, please give me your support..." *boos* "Thank you guys so much for the love, I worked so hard to do this, give me your love"... *boos*

And I don't think this was designed just because they were in Chicago

But like I said, we'll see

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Im not posting in PTP

stankpalmer
6840 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 01:27 PM

70. "Yeah that makes sense,"
In response to Reply # 69

Turn slow and have it develop over the next few weeks.

------
peep Opening Set Podcast

@stankpalmer

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 12:49 PM

66. "Random, but a dude on reddit seems to be in the know:"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1ghe5a/spoilers_payback_results_inside_this_thread_100/

He's been 100% spot on the past three PPV's, and typically puts the thread up about 10 mins before the event begins. Sounds like he's got a legit insider.

stankpalmer
6840 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 01:27 PM

71. "Manifesto"
In response to Reply # 66

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1enttu/spoilers_extreme_rules_results_inside_this_thread/

There has been some controversy as to whether my selection of John Cena was a win or loss. I would like to stress that I do not know exactly how the matches will transpire or go down, nor have I claimed such in the past. I'll re-iterate that I will only provide you with the WINNERS of each match. While Cena did retain the WWE Championship, this match had no decisive winner or loser thus making it a draw or no contest, in my opinion. Based on the outcome of the match, I personally do not consider John Cena to be neither the winner nor loser. Therefore, I would consider the track record of the matches I have posted to be 22-0-1. I am also excluding all past and future Pre-Show matches, and any potential matches that are scrapped due to time constraints.

I would like to clarify once again that I DO NOT work for WWE. I am not a WWE Superstar, I am not with; the lighting crew, the camera crew, the sound technicians, the stagehands, the prop guys, the merchandise sellers, nor the popcorn vendor in the 15th Row, “Congratulations, Louie!”

I am just a WWE fan like everyone else, and I am getting my information from a source who has VERY credible inside information regarding the outcomes (win/losses) of the matches themselves. Given that this information is out there, we both feel that I should continue to share this information until it garners the attention of WWE. Vince and upper management are not taking reasonable measures to prevent this information from being leaked. These people whom are leaking this information are profiting off it at the expense of the WWE, the fans, and the integrity of the product. It is for these reasons that I am hoping to put an end to WWE insiders leaking PPV outcomes.

Also, I feel that WWE owes the fans. They need to be more protective of the actual results as a fellow Redditor had stated in the thread. It is hurting the integrity of the product, and I should not have access to this information.

Out of respect to this great forum, this will be my last post until Payback. I am not here to be a distraction. I will post the results for Payback no later than SEVEN minutes before the event. I do not want to make this a circus, but rather make a point. The ultimate goal is to get WWE' s attention and put an end to this, and I am hoping that you guys will continue to help.

I ask that everybody help get this thread achieve more recognition. Share it amongst other wrestling fans, forums, and dirt sheets BEFORE Payback in June. I believe that the only way to change the leaks from occurring is through spreading awareness to more fans. WWE will only take action once it is well aware that their security protocols are extremely compromised.

Lastly, I would also like to thank the moderators of Squared Circle for allowing me to post my information. It is greatly appreciated.

I will be back in a month. Thank You.

------
peep Opening Set Podcast

@stankpalmer

Buck
16160 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 01:59 PM

73. "So, by leaking PPV outcomes from a WWE insider..."
In response to Reply # 71

>I am hoping to put an end to WWE insiders leaking PPV outcomes.

Uh huh.

pretentious username
12493 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 02:11 PM

75. "yeah, wtf?"
In response to Reply # 73

so he's hoping his friend gets canned basically.

Virgenes Corazon
2985 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 06:47 PM

81. "people bet on the finishes on some sportsbook"
In response to Reply # 73

Inside information means getting one over on bookies. They tend to be small bets meant to lure people into the sportsbook. Makes sense to me.

Flash80
6953 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 02:07 PM

74. "chicago --- smark city. the heels got over."
In response to Reply # 0

crowd didn't disappoint.

first PPV i haven't paid for in a while...and kinda glad i didn't.

liked the curtis wack-xle finish.

this cena title run is so stale already... kinda like that cena title run.

KCPlayer21
Charter member
30076 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 03:47 PM

76. "I need better streaming sites....."
In response to Reply # 0

I couldnt even watch last night because everywhere I went to watch had fucked up streams, anyone got the scoop on a good site for the next PPV?

You gon' live forever

stankpalmer
6840 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 04:01 PM

77. "Usually I use firstrow"
In response to Reply # 76

but all the streams there were shitty last night. Luckily the game was on so I just caught up on Desi afterward.

------
peep Opening Set Podcast

@stankpalmer

KCPlayer21
Charter member
30076 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 04:16 PM

78. "Are they up on Desi that quickly?"
In response to Reply # 77

You gon' live forever

stankpalmer
6840 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 06:36 PM

80. "Was my first time checking it out"
In response to Reply # 78

Found the thread on Google's Cache while the boards were down. Maybe about 2-3 hours after it went off air.

------
peep Opening Set Podcast

@stankpalmer

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 05:35 PM

79. "Microcosm of the WWE"
In response to Reply # 0

http://boards.420chan.org/wooo/src/1371453524936.gif

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 07:20 PM

82. "Oh, that wasn't that bad. Nice visual. Good grief."
In response to Reply # 79

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Im not posting in PTP

Flash80
6953 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 07:28 PM

83. "LOL. i'm almost wondering if that spot was an inside joke..."
In response to Reply # 79

among the back stage.

LOL @ big E just taking a seat on his own.

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 08:25 PM

84. "Okay, so Steffy's back as a face this week. Got it."
In response to Reply # 0

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Im not posting in PTP

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 08:49 PM

85. "Let it be Cesaro, Zeb!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 08:51 PM

86. "And he gets to wrestle Regal!!!"
In response to Reply # 85

Oh hell yes!!!

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 09:08 PM

87. "Don't hang 'em up Mark"
In response to Reply # 0

DJR
18640 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 09:12 PM

89. "He's really been at his best the last few years"
In response to Reply # 87

Years back, I wouldn't have cared at all. Now, I hate to see him go.

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 09:13 PM

90. "THAT'S WHAT HE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 87

Flash80
6953 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 09:14 PM

92. "best swerve in a lonnnnnggggggggggggg time. n/m"
In response to Reply # 90

Flash80
6953 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 09:10 PM

88. "THAT'S WHAT HE DO"
In response to Reply # 0

wow

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 09:13 PM

91. "FUCK YES"
In response to Reply # 0

That was fucking AMAZING

Im not posting in PTP

KCPlayer21
Charter member
30076 posts

93. "THANK YOU BASED MARK!!"
In response to Reply # 0

You gon' live forever

DJR
18640 posts

94. "Haha, that was great! I literally laughed out loud"
In response to Reply # 0

They got me on that, wasn't expecting that.

MaxPtah
Member since Mar 06th 2007
5838 posts

95. "THAT.WAS.GREAT."
In response to Reply # 0

Had a mark like me fooled even, lol

----------------------------------
www.maxptah.com
"you gotta be real white to hate on a nxgga for eating." (c) okp infin8

Buck
16160 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 09:16 PM

96. "Awesome."
In response to Reply # 0

murph71
23113 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 09:21 PM

97. "Mark Henry"
In response to Reply # 0

Just turned it up to 11.....

That shit was GENIUS....

Virgenes Corazon
2985 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 09:21 PM

98. "I've had two mark-out moments on this show"
In response to Reply # 0

Cesaro aligning with Zeb Coulter which caused me to almost inhale my drink through my nose.

And Mizark. The World's Strongest Swerve. GD RIGHT!

Buck
16160 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 09:34 PM

99. "They still doing that yellow light thing?"
In response to Reply # 0

Why?

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 09:47 PM

100. "Brock's gonna show up now right?"
In response to Reply # 0

Buck
16160 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 10:03 PM

101. "Whoa. We getting a Punk/Lesnar program?"
In response to Reply # 0

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 10:13 PM

102. "And that is why I sit through some truly awful episodes of Raw"
In response to Reply # 0

Because every so often we get treated to an episode like that one. Loved it.

Expertise
Charter member
37848 posts
Mon Jun-17-13 10:21 PM

103. "I don't know who WWE hired..."
In response to Reply # 0

to turn this show around, but they are doing a helluva job.

Payback was phenomenal; the 2nd best show of the year besides Wrestle Kingdom, and tonight's Raw was one of the best in ages. Kudos to the company for the last 28 hrs.

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Tue Jun-18-13 12:23 PM

104. "Mark Henry had my wife entranced with his retirement speech."
In response to Reply # 0

Got all offended when he World's Strongestly Slammed Cena, hahaha

Fucking great all around, what a great way to incorporate the lone blank spot on his career with a WWE title run

Buck
16160 posts
Tue Jun-18-13 12:48 PM

105. "Will they put the strap on him though?"
In response to Reply # 104

I really hope they do, if only for a month or two.

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Tue Jun-18-13 12:56 PM

106. "Same here."
In response to Reply # 105

Let him run around with it for a cycle, then he can drop it in the rematch to Cena at the following PPV while he rides off into the sunset.

But even though his retirement was fake, from what I understand his injury issues post WM29 are real. Hopefully he does end up retiring on his own terms soon after this feud.

Virgenes Corazon
2985 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 02:26 AM

107. "Rewatched the Bryan-Orton match from RAW"
In response to Reply # 0

It is really unnerving to see Daniel Bryan's arms dangling there after the dropkick off the top turnbuckle. I just don't understand why he does that suicide dive toward the hard camera and barricade. If he has to do it, why not do it toward the entranceway. He is one Miz match away from eating through a straw for the rest of his life.

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 09:10 AM

108. "Crazy shit... thought it was a work"
In response to Reply # 107

Daniel Bryan don't give a fuck... He was straight running from that doctor. Credit to Orton for holding together that match as much as possible.

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 11:05 AM

109. "I cracked the hell up when mark slammed cena"
In response to Reply # 0

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 11:52 AM

110. "Had a very similar reaction "
In response to Reply # 109

Maybe my favorite moment on Raw this year, and there've been some really good ones.

Buck
16160 posts
Fri Jun-21-13 06:47 PM

111. "So I never bother with NXT, but this video got me pretty excited."
In response to Reply # 0

Sami Zayn debut from last month.

http://youtu.be/H-9X_JkFmzM

The Curt Hawkins match is fine, but at 2:30 suddenly it's Claudio v. Generico, and it looks awesome.

Now, let's figure out how Creative will manage to screw this up.

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Fri Jun-21-13 09:21 PM

112. "Great video"
In response to Reply # 111

It made Zayn-Hawkins look a whole lot better than I remember it being. The match with Cesaro was pretty great though, especially that running European uppercut in the corner. The two had another great match a couple weeks later.

With Big E Langston now gone, and Bray Wyatt on his way out, there's a great opening in NXT for a guy like Generico. Hopefully they give him the ball at some point and let him run with it.

Yadgyu
Member since May 31st 2006
8856 posts
Fri Jun-21-13 11:32 PM

113. "Where is The Big Show?"
In response to Reply # 0

----
----
----
----
----

GET ON MY LEVEL!

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Sat Jun-22-13 02:29 PM

114. "I believe he's got a torn labrum"
In response to Reply # 113

Out until sometime next month.

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jun-24-13 09:12 PM

115. "That segment was pretty damn perfect"
In response to Reply # 0

Great work from Heyman and Punk.

Buck
16160 posts
Mon Jun-24-13 09:34 PM

116. "Yeah. If only everybody else was that good..."
In response to Reply # 115

...some crap skits and promos tonight.

Virgenes Corazon
2985 posts
Mon Jun-24-13 10:32 PM

117. "Big E's on-purpose bad acting > than Kaitlyn's real acting."
In response to Reply # 116

Punk-Heyman and Bryan-Orton are the highlights.
If I had a drink every time they mentioned how Mark Henry had a Academy Award winning performance last week, I'd never have made it to the end of the show.

Buck
16160 posts
Wed Jun-26-13 01:02 PM

118. "Damn. Punk got a restraining order against his mom. (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

Sounds ugly, and sad.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2013/0626/563701/tmz-reports-that-cm-punk-has-obtained-a-restraining-order/

TMZ reports that CM Punk has obtained a restraining order against his estranged mother, claiming she constantly hits him up for money and then threatens to kill herself if he doesn't come through.

Punk says in legal docs filed in Illinois that he's tried to break off his relationship with his mother for more than a year "due to repeated financial demands and years of abusive, harassing and threatening behavior."

Punk says he's made an effort to help his mom, who he claims suffers from bipolar disorder, giving her more than $100,000. Punk says her "abusive/threatening behavior" escalated when he cut her off.

That's when Punk's mom allegedly unleashed a torrent of nasty emails, telling him, "You don't give a s**t about us. You just care about your money and money hungry/fame hungry friends. You would sell us for a nickel."

Punk also says his mother threatened to release potentially embarrassing information about her son's past. Punk suggests the information has to do with arrests when he was in high school. Punk says his mother has threatened to commit suicide on at least 4 occasions in 2012.

Punk says in the legal papers, "I wish for the harassment to stop and am requesting the assistance of the court in this regards."

The judge in the case granted the temporary restraining order back on June 10 but Punk is due back in court today where he will likely try to extend the protection order for several years.

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Wed Jun-26-13 02:38 PM

119. "sad, nm"
In response to Reply # 118

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Wed Jun-26-13 04:03 PM

120. "Damn, that's gotta be tough for it to get to this point."
Wed Jun-26-13 04:06 PM by wallysmith

Edit: But it sounds like he's had family issues for a while... this statement taken from over a year ago:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-03-26/entertainment/chi-cm-punk-interview-rock-cena-wwe-20120326_1_pipe-bomb-beth-phoenix-wrestlemania

Family: "I don’t believe you have to be blood to be family, so I have a lot of family members. I have two sisters and a brother by blood. I talk to my sisters but haven’t talked to my brother in like 10 years. … I think I have always had to outsource for support or anything I want to do. The people who were willing to accept me with open arms weren’t blood related to me. To me, that’s what family is. Family supports you. So like my Mom, my Dad, my brother – the only thing my brother ever did to me was steal a (crap) load of money from me."

But in lighter news, I'm really looking forward to this feud:

http://i.imgur.com/QNdea1t.jpg

Cold Truth
44853 posts
Wed Jun-26-13 04:18 PM

122. "His DVD pretty much told me all I needed to know about his family"
In response to Reply # 120

Because all I really saw of his family was his friend and her family who basically adopted him in as a teenager.

-Sig-

Tiger Woods
18387 posts
Wed Jun-26-13 04:04 PM

121. "it's shitty that this is public."

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Wed Jun-26-13 10:42 PM

123. "Oh damn. Zeb and Cesaro on Main Event."
In response to Reply # 0

This is excellent.

Buck
16160 posts
Mon Jul-01-13 07:27 PM

124. "Happy for this Uso push."
In response to Reply # 0

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jul-01-13 07:36 PM

125. "Agreed"
In response to Reply # 124

They bring a lot of energy. Glad to see them getting a shot.

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jul-01-13 07:38 PM

126. "That Dolph/AJ breakup is coming, isn't it?"
In response to Reply # 0

Flash80
6953 posts
Mon Jul-01-13 07:54 PM

127. "damn son, crowd didn't really pop for dolph there."
In response to Reply # 0

dude's on the precipice of something really good and they have him working with jinder the jobber?

i mean i know they gotta pit him against a stable to get him over as a face, but yeah..

Buck
16160 posts
Mon Jul-01-13 08:41 PM

128. "No, they didn't. I think they're kinda botching his turn."
In response to Reply # 127

In theory he's a babyface now, but he hasn't changed anything about his entrance. And is he still associated with Big E and AJ or not?

im_freshhh
Member since Oct 26th 2007
1675 posts
Mon Jul-01-13 10:48 PM

132. "has he even cut a face promo since Payback?"
In response to Reply # 128

or any promo for that matter?
definitely seems like theyre gonna botch this face turn

_________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast foods.
IG/Twitter: @sammiie_b

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jul-01-13 08:59 PM

129. "Nice promo from Mark"
In response to Reply # 0

These "WHAT?" chants need to die a fiery death.

Virgenes Corazon
2985 posts
Mon Jul-01-13 09:47 PM

130. "I still haven't figured out how the WWE makes hot chicks..."
In response to Reply # 0

... so headache-inducing.

How do they do it? Oh wait. They take the most vapid, charisma-lacking wrestling-disinclined women and throw some tights on them.

KCPlayer21
Charter member
30076 posts
Mon Jul-01-13 10:37 PM

131. "I might actually buy Money In The Bank this year....."
In response to Reply # 0

pretty good card they got lined up.....

You gon' live forever

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 10:50 AM

133. "Ricardo got suspended for Hydroxycut?"
In response to Reply # 0

Word?

Am I missing something here? Is a weight loss supplement really something to suspend someone over?

Buck
16160 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 10:52 AM

134. "Where did you see that it was Hydroxycut?"
In response to Reply # 133

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 11:18 AM

135. ""Sources say...""
In response to Reply # 134

Heard it was Hydroxycut from my friend, but since WWE typically doesn't release what it is, take it with a grain of salt.

I think it might be to safe to say though that this is probably not your "standard" wellness violation though, considering Ricardo's shape, haha

Buck
16160 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 12:01 PM

137. "My first thought was weed. Or maybe peyote."
In response to Reply # 135

He's a pretty blissed out dude.

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 04:26 PM

148. "Or shrooms, haha"
In response to Reply # 137

Dude is seriously on that "enlightenment" tip.

But, and correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the WWE simply fine for weed use? I know Orton got suspended for it, but supposedly that was for spice (synthetic) weed, right?

Tiger Woods
18387 posts
Wed Jul-03-13 07:59 AM

152. "Shrooms only stay in your system about 2 days. "
In response to Reply # 148

I, uh, looked that up once for a buddy. That buddy wasn't headed to Bonnaroo days before an important job interview or anything.

Cold Truth
44853 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 11:48 AM

136. "Thoughts on the current state of Raw 1. The new Godwins debut next wee..."
In response to Reply # 0

Obviously the Wyatt Family seems much more interesting that H.O.G and P.I.G ever were, but it's awfully hard not to make that basic connection. I'm intrigued with the addition of another faction, considering the existence of The Shield.

I'm a little mad they haven't gone with a full blown Heyman Guys stable anchored by Punk with Axle in the Orton role. Have Brock show up as a special enforcer from time to time, add RVD and bring one other young guy into the HG fold, and we've got The Dangerous Alliance 2013. Instead, we're getting a wierd, disjointed story that will doubtless lead to the Lesnar/Punk SS match we've all heard about.

Dutch and his... uh... erm...whatever they're gonna call it. Jack Swagger and Cesaro. Whatever. Moving on.

Oh, and we have 3MB, essentially Too Cool+Rikishi without any of the cheap entertainment value. To their credit, I love watching them get the shit kicked out of them every week, so there is that. I barely watch the show at all some weeks but I always make it a priority check for their weekly beating. I guess that makes them 'over' for me in a perverse way.

Usos getting more screen time is a great thing. Hopefully the rumors of the Briscoes coming over are true and they don't languish in development when they do and we can have a true-blue tag team revival.

I like the build with Bryan. Word is Vince sees no money in him though, but from what I read said HBK told Vince he said the same shit about him. Considering Shawn was his trainer at one point, I'm a little surprised Vince/HHH seem so reluctant to give Shawn's 'guy' the rub he deserves. He's Kurt Angle 2.0 and can be used EXACTLY the same way. All the comedic bits have served him very well. He's still got a boyish charm (I shit you not, he looks exactly like my 8 year old nephew) that WILL sell if Vince puts his back into it. This shit with Orton is building up nicely for both parties and I hope this trajectory continues to the point where that's the WWE title program.

I really don't give two shits about Cena or Henry, though Henry pulled off one of the best moments on Raw- hell, in wrestling- in years.

Jericho is whatever. I'm bored with him.
Ryback may as well not even exist right now.

I'm mad I ever vouched for Miz. While, I still stand by his work at the time, I have to admit that they shit the bed in the worst possible with him after Mania. He currently exhibits NONE of the good qualities he showcased during the run that vaulted him into the WM main event and ALL of the shitty qualities I overlooked when Tiger Woods would trash him. TW turned out to be right on the money with that one.

Dolph's return has been... underwhelming, to say the least. He'll be back in top form, but I wonder about the crowd reception.

All in all I'm split on my feelings. There are things happening that I absolutely love, but also many things I could care less about.

-Sig-

Tiger Woods
18387 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 12:43 PM

138. "I've got an idea for the Shield that I'm pretty proud of "
In response to Reply # 136

Sara Del Rey, the 4th member of the Shield and its only female member.

Cold Truth
44853 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 12:57 PM

139. "1. Where's the actual idea 2. Why be proud of something so obvious?"
In response to Reply # 138

-Sig-

pretentious username
12493 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 01:25 PM

140. "Michaels denied this was about Bryan"
In response to Reply # 136

>I like the build with Bryan. Word is Vince sees no money in
>him though, but from what I read said HBK told Vince he said
>the same shit about him.

He said it was a guy that "is actually 6'3 250."

Buck
16160 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 02:29 PM

141. "That's a work, mark."
In response to Reply # 140

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 02:51 PM

142. "Word, so Meltzer says that Sting has sent feelers to WWE"
In response to Reply # 0

And says that the reason he was shown on TV last night in their championship packages is that they're confident he will sign with them when the time comes

________________________________________________________________________________________
Im not posting in PTP

magilla vanilla
18759 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 03:10 PM

143. "yay?"
In response to Reply # 142

Tiger Woods
18387 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 03:27 PM

144. "man I wish we'd seen HBK v Sting at some point."

We could still get Sting v Taker though, and no matter how old they are I'm one thousand percent sure that'll be fun.

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 04:09 PM

145. "^^^ Sees it"
In response to Reply # 144

And I'm in as long as Sting doesn't go over

That would be lame as fuck

Im not posting in PTP

Cold Truth
44853 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 04:18 PM

146. "Man they could cake so crazy off that"

Like... Vince and ONLY Vince would have to know about any of it, minus whatever legal and medical requirements would be involved. Anyonw who knows would need a non disclosure.

You'd have the Brothers of Destruction vs The Shield. BOD wins, but The Shield goes beserk with chairs and whatever else. They just dismantle Taker and Kane.

Sting descends from the rafters, baseball bat in hand and cleans house to an absolutely batshit crazy crowd.

Taker gets up, sting points the bat at him, drops it, and turns his back.

End PPV.

The next PPV would do crazy buys.

-Sig-

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 04:23 PM

147. "SI article on Mark Henry from 1991 "
In response to Reply # 0

Would post the single page print link, but the URL is stupid long

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1139686/

"Henry wants it understood that he comes by his extraordinary strength naturally. "I hate drugs." he says. "I drank a beer once and threw up. We broke my mom's cigarettes every day until she quit. I didn't even know what steroids were until two years ago, and I'll take a test every day if someone wants me to. I can't wait until they start the really refined tests, because everybody thinks I'm on some kind of drugs."

Jones is among the coaches who are convinced that Henry is clean. They were further assured by a second opinion four months ago when Henry accidentally dropped a 352-pound weight on his foot and suffered only a bruise. The doctor who examined the X-rays of the foot was dumbstruck by the thickness of Henry's bones and the density of his muscles.

His body fat has been measured at 22%, which means if you took all the fat off him, he would still weigh 289 pounds. Henry bench-presses 542 pounds, squats 895, runs 40 yards in 5.2 seconds, dunks a basketball, can sink into a split and can belt out a Baptist hymn in a voice so sweet that you would swear some diminutive tenor is hiding behind him. "Singing," Henry says. "Girls like that, too."

Wtf... all three of these paragraphs blow my mind. I'm really glad he didn't retire because he is fucking killing it right now.

magilla vanilla
18759 posts
Wed Jul-03-13 08:11 AM

153. "he's been on fire for the last like 3 years"
In response to Reply # 147

The second he stood over Show and started shouting that he was charging for air. . . maaaannnnnn, shit that was good.

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Wed Jul-03-13 08:53 AM

154. "Yup... by "lately" I meant basically since he turned heel."
In response to Reply # 153

Pretty awesome to see how far he's gone since that at-the-time bizarre heel turn during the Smackdown/Raw draft when he switched sides.

magilla vanilla
18759 posts
Wed Jul-03-13 10:04 AM

155. "Best part of this period"
In response to Reply # 154

(up till the retirement stuff and him punking Cena)

was that he still showed up for the Mae Young birthday party segment and was super happy to be there. Like, even when character Mark is the best angry man ever, actual Mark is a big ol' teddy bear. It's really great.

pretentious username
12493 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 08:01 PM

149. "WWE suspended Ricardo Rodriguez for violating Wellness Program."
In response to Reply # 0

No word on what the substance was, but is that a first for a manager?

Virgenes Corazon
2985 posts
Tue Jul-02-13 08:18 PM

150. "they suspended referee Mike Chioda for drugs"
In response to Reply # 149

around the same time they popped R-Truth and Evan Bourne a few years ago.

Also, to the point made above about Sting being featured on a RAW video package. I didn't even know about any feelers between the two parties. I just figured it was such a non-acknowledgement of TNA that they could feature Sting and Hogan like that. In recent years, they wouldn't dare.

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Wed Jul-03-13 04:02 AM

151. "Son, this Jay Briscoe promo right here, son... (NSFW)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://youtu.be/4E4Xwh_CZ-w

From about the 1:14 mark he sounds like a dude talking to his girl about her keeping his child from him

______________________________________________________________________________________
Im not posting in PTP

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Wed Jul-03-13 12:36 PM

156. "That was dope"
In response to Reply # 151

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jul-08-13 06:26 PM

157. "The Wyatt Family debuts tonight"
In response to Reply # 0

Not sure if we have any fellow NXT fans on the board, but Bray Wyatt's been the best thing about that show for a good time now, glad to see him getting called up, character intact. Not sure what they do with them, but as long as they let Bray do the talking, and keep Eric Rowan out of he ring, things should be alright.

Poorspellir
1911 posts
Mon Jul-08-13 08:55 PM

158. "So...That happened"
In response to Reply # 0

This Dolph face turn has gotten off to a rough start.

Virgenes Corazon
2985 posts
Mon Jul-08-13 09:46 PM

159. "Wyatt Family! "
In response to Reply # 0

Great entrance.

Time to buy a sheep mask.

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66746 posts
Tue Jul-09-13 08:29 AM

160. "What happened here:"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jul-09-13 08:33 AM by Ceej

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f341/joevar/907A8D32-3842-4754-A720-65F7ADE2E111-119-000000011B0E36C8_zps0fb43edf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

Tiger Woods
18387 posts
Tue Jul-09-13 08:44 AM

161. "I rewound that too. Someone caught hell for that in the prod. truck "
In response to Reply # 160

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Tue Jul-09-13 11:52 AM

163. "I didn't think it was that serious, it was only up for a second nm"
In response to Reply # 161

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Im not posting in PTP

Tiger Woods
18387 posts
Tue Jul-09-13 12:26 PM

165. "you're probs right, they've just really gone hard selling "Curtis Axel""
In response to Reply # 163

Flash80
6953 posts
Tue Jul-09-13 03:30 PM

166. "definitely not as serious as axel botching jericho's finisher. n/m"
In response to Reply # 163

Flash80
6953 posts
Tue Jul-09-13 03:34 PM

167. "."
In response to Reply # 166
Tue Jul-09-13 03:34 PM by Flash80

pretentious username
12493 posts
Tue Jul-09-13 12:16 PM

164. "why do they even have those graphics saved?"
In response to Reply # 160

Tiger Woods
18387 posts
Tue Jul-09-13 08:45 AM

162. "good matches on Raw that are longer than 3 minutes? Ya dont say!"
In response to Reply # 0

Flash80
6953 posts
Tue Jul-09-13 03:35 PM

168. "remember when we all couldn't wait for the next zeb coulter promo?"
In response to Reply # 0

*fart*

Buck
16160 posts
Tue Jul-09-13 05:14 PM

169. "Yeah, that whole thing has fizzled."
In response to Reply # 168

Swagger gone with the DUI, too little too late adding Cesaro, too long off TV, Del Rio back to heel, and a too-gimmicky gimmick. Oh well.

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Tue Jul-09-13 09:59 PM

170. "I think that may have been the intention."
In response to Reply # 169

Wrestlemania is WWE's Super Bowl, so once that feud played out no one is going to check the WWE's smaller shows for that angle anymore.

Tiger Woods
18387 posts
Tue Jul-09-13 10:10 PM

172. "I thought that entire program was overrated from jump street"
In response to Reply # 169

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Tue Jul-09-13 10:00 PM

171. "Holy shit Dolph's promo."
In response to Reply # 0

I felt embarrassed FOR him.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2186946 Previous topic | Next topic