Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2183427

Subject: "In my opinion.. A ****BOSS**** Fucking move Andre Ward!!!!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
BLACK_ADAM
Member since Mar 21st 2006
4791 posts
Mon May-20-13 12:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"In my opinion.. A ****BOSS**** Fucking move Andre Ward!!!!!!!!"

I remain a fan.

(Swippety)

"Andre Relinquishes The WBC Champion Emeritus Title"

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-ward-relinquishes-wbc-emeritus-title--65736#ixzz2Tr5575St

This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

After careful thought and consideration with my family and team, I have decided to relinquish my WBC Super Middleweight World Champion Emeritus Title. As has been recently reported, the WBC elected to strip me of my world title belt, making the upcoming bout between Sakio Bika and Marco Antonio Periban for the vacant Super Middleweight Title. After consultation with my manager James Prince and attorney Josh Dubin, it is my belief that the WBC did not have the right to strip me of my World Title and name me Champion Emeritus. We voiced our position to the WBC, and after several discussions, have agreed to disagree with their interpretation of the facts and rules. In our opinion, we feel strongly that I did not violate the rules in any manner whatsoever.
When I fought Chad Dawson, there was no mandatory contender. Subsequent to my victory, I injured my shoulder but have remained ready, willing and able todefend my title within the period specified by the WBC’s rules. Nonetheless, without what we feel was appropriate due process, the WBC elected to strip me of my World Title. I think my track record in fighting the best opponents available speaks for itself. I worked extremely hard and dedicated my entire career to win and defend my WBC belt. As a matter of principle, I have chosen to stand up for what I believe is right. I think the fans know and appreciate that I am the Super Middleweight Champion of the World, and I trust that I will continue to be recognized assuch. I am back in training again, feeling great, and excited about my return to the ring

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Yeah, the stripping of belts never sat well with me, just to make
May 20th 2013
Yea this isnt that serious.
May 20th 2013
More Champions need to say this though
May 20th 2013
      True
May 20th 2013

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Mon May-20-13 01:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Yeah, the stripping of belts never sat well with me, just to make"
In response to Reply # 0

a title bout

we know who the champ is

I mean, they had a fucking tournatment

do better boxing!

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66746 posts
Mon May-20-13 01:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Yea this isnt that serious."
In response to Reply # 0

Not that big a deal, like at all.

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

BLACK_ADAM
Member since Mar 21st 2006
4791 posts
Mon May-20-13 01:08 PM

3. "More Champions need to say this though"
In response to Reply # 2

The sanctioning bodies do little more than extort fees from the guys they hold up as champions.

The belt system needs to be cleaned up as well.

What about the guys that aren't fortunate enough to be as big a star as Andre Ward?

....and he's not even that big of a star...not yet...

There are a ton of fighters that can't get a marquee fight *without* a belt despite "doing the right thing"...

"Inspectah Deck, he's like...he's like that dude thatta sit back and watch you play yourself and all that right? And see you sit there and know you lyin; and he'll take you to court after that, cuz he the Inspectah."

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66746 posts
Mon May-20-13 01:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "True"
In response to Reply # 3

>The sanctioning bodies do little more than extort fees from
>the guys they hold up as champions.
>
>The belt system needs to be cleaned up as well.
>
>What about the guys that aren't fortunate enough to be as big
>a star as Andre Ward?
>
>
>....and he's not even that big of a star...not yet...
>
>There are a ton of fighters that can't get a marquee fight
>*without* a belt despite "doing the right thing"...

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2183427 Previous topic | Next topic