Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2173206

Subject: "Somebody yank Royce White's twitter account from him (ESPN swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
forgivenphoenix
Member since Dec 08th 2007
2514 posts
Thu May-02-13 01:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Somebody yank Royce White's twitter account from him (ESPN swipe)"

these comments are pretty benign, but they also don't need to come from someone who hasn't scored as much in his NBA career as Durant did last year. #fuckinRookie

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9235586/2013-nba-playoffs-royce-white-taunts-kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder

Royce White may not be with the Houston Rockets for the playoffs. However, that didn't stop him from taking a few jabs at the Oklahoma City Thunder and Kevin Durant.

After the Rockets staved off elimination for a second straight game with Wednesday's 107-100 win in Game 5, White tweeted his confidence at the Thunder and Durant:

"And... that's why you play the games. That @okcthunder team just looked shook. They're looking shaky baby."

White followed with another tweet to Durant.

"@KDTrey5... Y'all are looking SHAAAKYY BAAABYY."

A first-round draft pick of the Rockets last year, White suffers from an anxiety disorder and has not played with the team this season. Instead, he spent time with its D-League affiliate, the Rio Grande Valley Vipers.

The seventh-seeded Rockets are trying to become the first team in NBA history to win a series after dropping the first three games. Game 6 is Friday in Houston.

http://www.twitter.com/chriscjamison/

People who don't take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year. People who do take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year.

Peter Drucker

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
LOL
May 02nd 2013
Or last NIGHT...
May 02nd 2013
*wrings hands*
May 02nd 2013
whats wrong with this?
May 02nd 2013
what's wrong is the pathetic lengths sports media goes to create a story
May 02nd 2013
Well, at least Jordan Crawford is on the roster
May 02nd 2013
lmao
May 02nd 2013
      lmfao.
May 02nd 2013
Who's he?
May 03rd 2013

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Thu May-02-13 01:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 0

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43755 posts
Thu May-02-13 01:50 PM

2. "Or last NIGHT..."
In response to Reply # 0

>these comments are pretty benign, but they also don't need to
>come from someone who hasn't scored as much in his NBA career
>as Durant did last year. #fuckinRookie

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

Guinness
Charter member
26270 posts
Thu May-02-13 01:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "*wrings hands*"
In response to Reply # 0

if anything, rox fans should be happy that he considers himself part of the team and is paying attention to basketball

the_time_is_when_god...lounge
Member since Nov 19th 2012
5495 posts
Thu May-02-13 01:58 PM

4. "whats wrong with this? "
In response to Reply # 0

--------
Twitter: _TheloniousFunk
Instagram: thelonious_funk_

celery77
Member since Aug 04th 2005
25307 posts
Thu May-02-13 02:05 PM

6. "what's wrong is the pathetic lengths sports media goes to create a story"
In response to Reply # 4

somebody made a whole damn headline out of some shit a dude said on twitter.

I think even high school yearbook editorial staffs would question the merit of including something like this on their pages.

HOPE!
https://vine.co/v/i7JjIBL3Qix
https://vine.co/v/i7JtqEFwxDu

MothershipConnection
Member since Nov 22nd 2003
7498 posts
Thu May-02-13 02:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "Well, at least Jordan Crawford is on the roster"
In response to Reply # 0

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59187 posts
Thu May-02-13 02:24 PM

7. "lmao"
In response to Reply # 5

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85116 posts
Thu May-02-13 02:26 PM

8. "lmfao."
In response to Reply # 7

<--- Big Baller World Order

nipsey
Charter member
9924 posts
Fri May-03-13 08:39 PM

9. "Who's he?"
In response to Reply # 0

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9240199/2013-nba-playoffs-kevin-durant-brushes-royce-white-twitter-comments

Kevin Durant shrugs off Royce White
Updated: May 3, 2013, 7:10 PM ET
Associated Press

HOUSTON -- Oklahoma City star Kevin Durant isn't worried about tweets from Houston rookie Royce White that say the Thunder are looking shaky.

"Who's he?" Durant asked Friday at practice.

White is a first-round pick whose acknowledged anxiety disorder has kept him from playing for Houston this season. Earlier this week, White tweeted: "Y'all are looking SHAAAKYY BAAABYY" and used Durant's Twitter handle. It was one of a string of tweets where he kept repeating that the Thunder, who lead the series 3-2, were looking shaky.

White also tweeted that he "can't hold a candle stick" to Durant and said he doubted the All-Star cared what an "anxiety ridden, overweight, d-leaguer has to say," though he stuck to his belief the Thunder aren't playing well.

"I haven't seen him on the bench," Durant told reporters. "He hasn't played against us, so I'm not worried about guys that's not even in our series. Ain't that the guy that can't, that's afraid to fly? I wish him the best. If I see him next year, I'll let him know who we are."

Asked if comments such as White's raise his ire, Durant brushed them off.

"I don't get fired up off stuff," Durant said. "I get fired up just playing this game, enjoying the game. Like I said, I wish him the best. I wish he could have played and really felt this intensity for a playoff game, but I guess watching on TV is better."

Last 3 things I watched:

The Changeling Season 1 (Apple+): C
OMITB Season 3 (Hulu): B-
Ahsoka Season 1 (Disney

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2173206 Previous topic | Next topic