Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2168360

Subject: "No Heat-Bucks post?" Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Apr-25-13 07:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"No Heat-Bucks post?"

Just watch that Kenny's Pics segment at halftime, that mf is so knock kneed I don't see how he ever played ball. I don't remember it being that bad when he was playing

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Kenny walking to that screen is a highlight of my night
Apr 25th 2013
I'm genuinely worried for him when he gets older
Apr 25th 2013
      Asiatic Geriatric Walker Warrior Watch.
Apr 25th 2013
D-Wade playing that Beta role
Apr 25th 2013
No
Apr 25th 2013
ad against the first round!
Apr 25th 2013
      MEM/LAC......DEN/GSW...Bulls/BK......injuries
Apr 25th 2013
      ATL/IND is nothing, here is how the 'offs should be
Apr 26th 2013
           2 major problems with this
Apr 26th 2013
                there is a ton of jockeying between 4/5 and 8/9 though
Apr 26th 2013
      The 1 vs 8 seed is almost always lopsided, it is what it is
Apr 25th 2013
BirdMan!!BirdMan!BirdMan!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 26th 2013
u know shaq and kenny were stony when they came up with that 1
Apr 26th 2013
      RE: u know shaq and kenny were stony when they came up with that 1
Apr 26th 2013
bucks in seven!
Apr 26th 2013

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Thu Apr-25-13 07:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Kenny walking to that screen is a highlight of my night"
In response to Reply # 0

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Apr-25-13 07:37 PM

2. "I'm genuinely worried for him when he gets older"
In response to Reply # 1

Numba_33
Charter member
19346 posts
Thu Apr-25-13 08:01 PM

3. "Asiatic Geriatric Walker Warrior Watch."
In response to Reply # 2

FILF
Member since Jun 01st 2007
20180 posts
Thu Apr-25-13 08:22 PM

4. "D-Wade playing that Beta role"
In response to Reply # 0

WHAT'S GOOD *****? What's REALLY good?!?!????!!! Ha HA!
http://40.media.tumblr.com/d8e2daf9f3f37244cd05436bcdf05973/tumblr_mt4qibKq4c1rgam01o1_1280.png

Deebot
Member since Oct 21st 2004
26762 posts
Thu Apr-25-13 09:31 PM

5. "No"
In response to Reply # 0

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Thu Apr-25-13 09:38 PM

6. "ad against the first round!"
In response to Reply # 5

people poo pooing that, man i will put it this way, i guarantee i picked all eight winners in this first round. i have very casually followed the league this year.

conversely, i bet i will get like six winners in the NHL at the most, which is a league i follow very closely with the same number of teams/games/playoff qualifiers.

what the fuck is the point of this series? why is it a thing?

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

FILF
Member since Jun 01st 2007
20180 posts
Thu Apr-25-13 09:51 PM

7. "MEM/LAC......DEN/GSW...Bulls/BK......injuries"
In response to Reply # 6

ATL/IND might get interesting if the Hawks win game 3.

WHAT'S GOOD *****? What's REALLY good?!?!????!!! Ha HA!
http://40.media.tumblr.com/d8e2daf9f3f37244cd05436bcdf05973/tumblr_mt4qibKq4c1rgam01o1_1280.png

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Fri Apr-26-13 03:30 PM

10. "ATL/IND is nothing, here is how the 'offs should be"
In response to Reply # 7

4/5 have a 3-game play-in series, then the winner plays the top seed, the 2/3 square off and through the Finals.

This increases the immediately quality of the playoffs, keeps players healthier for bigger series and greatly increases the quality of regular season play as so few teams qualify (10 instead of 16). It improves the regular season without subtracting games, which we know the league would never go for.

Now, what about playoff money? That's the rub, you have best of nine conference semis, conference finals and finals. 15 wins rather than 16, 27 max games rather than 28. Further, imagine the intensity of a nine-game series! Think if that 05 Detroit-SA series went nine, for example. More to the point, it's a fair compromise on the money side that (potentially) gives something to the fans, too.

1-8 is trash, 2-7 is trash, 3-6 is not as good as it should be. These are consistently lame matchups and even where they do produce an upset, that team basically never wins in the next round.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59191 posts
Fri Apr-26-13 03:49 PM

11. "2 major problems with this"
In response to Reply # 10

1) you are not strengthening the regular season by doing this. You'll have a greater number of teams playing meaningless games because too many teams won't be fighting for the playoffs. Most teams in the 5-8 category are already battling for playoff seeding. The only team I can think of that didn't care where they were seeded was Boston. If you use your approach, the western conference woulda been pretty much over by the All star break. Maybe G.S. coulda got it but that's about it.

2)lmao at a 9 game playoff series. You know how many bodybags you'd need after a physical 9 game series. Not to mention you'd be diminishing the value of every game, especially the earlier ones.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Fri Apr-26-13 08:10 PM

13. "there is a ton of jockeying between 4/5 and 8/9 though"
In response to Reply # 11

the better teams would be playing harder and in more meaningful games. the bad teams were already finishing their seasons in march, so who gives a fuck?

the nine game series i admit is radical, but i would like to see it on an experimental basis. i would have to see if it has been done. in hockey, which has the same playoff format, there were eight-game series (there were ties and so there virtually no chance of a 4-4 outcome) and they were EPIC. i am not as worried about the lack of importance of early games (every game is still critical) but a 5-0 sweep would be BRUTAL. i'd love to say that eliminating the early rounds averts it, but it doesn't. we've seen finals sweeps, watching five games of a helpless underdog would be boring. but then again, four is nothing special either.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Apr-25-13 09:58 PM

8. "The 1 vs 8 seed is almost always lopsided, it is what it is"
In response to Reply # 6

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Fri Apr-26-13 02:13 AM

9. "BirdMan!!BirdMan!BirdMan!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

about to get the brooms out on these turkeys.

congradulations to Ray Allen.

next!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Fri Apr-26-13 10:29 PM

14. "u know shaq and kenny were stony when they came up with that 1"
In response to Reply # 9

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Fri Apr-26-13 11:59 PM

15. "RE: u know shaq and kenny were stony when they came up with that 1"
In response to Reply # 14

i love it and i have been saying it everywhere. cracks me up and the scary part Birdman is going off. he is scary like for real

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Guinness
Charter member
26270 posts
Fri Apr-26-13 04:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "bucks in seven!"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2168360 Previous topic | Next topic