Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2159459

Subject: "Horse Racing's Asiatic Warrior Watch (The Kevin Krigger Show)" Previous topic | Next topic
veritas
Member since Sep 16th 2002
37201 posts
Mon Apr-08-13 09:49 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Horse Racing's Asiatic Warrior Watch (The Kevin Krigger Show)"

OH no post about Kevin Krigger, a (B)(b)lack (he's from VI so I need a capitalization status ruling from the committee) jockey who won the Santa Anita Derby Saturday?

Krigger was the main exercise rider for I'll Have Another last year, and earned the Santa Anita mount for the Doug O'Neill trained Goldencents. He ran a great race and whipped the favorite, a Baffert horse named Flashback, that should also qualify for the Kentucky Derby.

Given I'll Have Another's success, and the way Krigger raves about Goldencents, even compared to IHA, I wouldn't bet against him.

Historical Perspective: I'm pretty sure no Af-Am jockey has run the Derby since 2000 or so, and there hasn't been a winner in a very long time.

Winners of 15 of the first 28 Ky Derby's WERE black though, including at least one former slave. I guess in the 1920s they were mostly forced out of sport, and in those days being a jockey was pretty close to indentured servitude anyhow.

i still blame hip-hop.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Also, I'm treating this as my first IPO post.
Apr 09th 2013

veritas
Member since Sep 16th 2002
37201 posts
Tue Apr-09-13 10:39 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Also, I'm treating this as my first IPO post."
In response to Reply # 0

You jump on the Krigger bandwagon after Churchill, you're paying a premium.

THE TIME TO BUY IS NOW.

i still blame hip-hop.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2159459 Previous topic | Next topic