Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2151811

Subject: "Jason Terry : "Fuck that weak ass dunk"" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Fri Mar-22-13 05:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Jason Terry : "Fuck that weak ass dunk""

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/9086178/jason-terry-says-boston-celtics-miami-heat-matchup-playoffs-fireworks

Guard Jason Terry predicts his Boston Celtics and the Miami Heat will meet each other in the playoffs and eagerly awaits the "fireworks" that will ensue.

"It really doesn't matter . There's no preference," Terry said in an interview Friday on Boston sports radio station WEEI. "But you know at some point, I don't want to say that it's fixed, I think it's going to happen. We are going to see them and it's going to be fireworks."

Terry was trending on Twitter earlier this week after he was dunked on by LeBron James on a breakaway in Miami's 23rd consecutive victory Monday night in Boston. The Heat's win streak now is at 24.

picked his poison. They put him on me to shut me down in the NBA Finals in 2011 and he couldn't get the job done. Hopefully he'll have another chance this year in the Eastern Conference finals -- or wherever we match up -- but I'm telling you right now, I love us. I love the way we're built. We miss Rondo, we miss Sullinger, but with this team we have, we have a chance.

-- Jason Terry on rivalry with Heat
James later said he felt the play enacted some revenge on Terry for smack talk he has directed at the superstar and the Heat during the past several seasons.

"I've had a chance to it, and it was one of my better ones," James said. "The fact that it happened to J.T. made it that much sweeter. Because we all know J.T. and he talks too much sometimes. And I'm glad it happened to him."

The James-Terry rivalry started in 2011, when Terry said James wouldn't be able to guard him effectively for the entire NBA Finals when the Heat took on Terry's Dallas Mavericks. Terry finished the series strong offensively, and the Mavericks won the series, 4-2.

But Terry's hatred for the Heat goes back further than LeBron.

" not even LeBron personally. It's just the Miami Heat. Is it the red and black? Maybe. I hate that color," Terry told WEEI on Friday. "I just don't like them. Let me tell you like this: It goes back to 05-06 . And it doesn't matter who's in those Miami Heat uniforms. Let's just be real: You're up 2-0 and they come back and win four straight games and you lose the NBA Finals. So LeBron inherited something bigger than the matchup of he and I. It's about the Miami Heat and that organization."

But Terry admitted the rivalry with James has blossomed.

"Hey, he picked his poison. They put him on me to shut me down in the NBA Finals in 2011 and he couldn't get the job done," Terry said. "Hopefully, he'll have another chance this year in the Eastern Conference finals -- or wherever we match up -- but I'm telling you right now, I love us. I love the way we're built. We miss Rondo, we miss Sullinger, but with this team we have, we have a chance."

As for the fireworks when James dunked on Terry during Monday's game, the vicious alley-oop slam quickly going viral, Terry laughed it off.

"Social media today, it's just unbelievable," he said. "But I will say, I did get a kick out of the one when I was laying in the coffin, and the pallbearers were and Paul Pierce. That was hilarious. It's all in fun, it's all in the spirit of the sport. But I'll tell you right now, I would love to see Miami in the playoffs, because the road to the championship goes through the champion. We're fired up. We love that matchup."

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
wondering what he's gonna do...
Mar 22nd 2013
STFU, Jason....we probably will face they asses...
Mar 22nd 2013

Small Pro
Member since Apr 06th 2006
12593 posts
Fri Mar-22-13 05:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "wondering what he's gonna do..."
In response to Reply # 0

...about that tattoo he got of the celtic holding the championship trophy

--------------------------------------
https://smallprofessor.bandcamp.com

Dstl1
Charter member
56240 posts
Fri Mar-22-13 05:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "STFU, Jason....we probably will face they asses..."
In response to Reply # 0

and Bron drop 50 a night cuz of yo dumb ass. You got put through the floor...deal with it.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2151811 Previous topic | Next topic