Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2146924

Subject: "Mayweather Jr. hating on the SON OF GOD for backing Guerrero (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
TRENDone
Charter member
15616 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 11:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Mayweather Jr. hating on the SON OF GOD for backing Guerrero (swipe)"

http://www.csnbayarea.com/fight-sports/mayweather-rips-ward-%E2%80%98sog%E2%80%99-won%E2%80%99t-back-down

by Ryan Maquinana

Mayweather rips Ward, ‘S.O.G.’ won’t back down
March 13, 2013, 7:45 pm

Floyd Mayweather, generally recognized as the best boxer in the world, abruptly criticized Oakland super middleweight world champion Andre Ward on his religion and his drawing power on Wednesday.

The inflammatory remarks conveniently came following Ward’s announcement that he would be supporting childhood friend Robert Guerrero (31-1-1, 18 KOs) as he challenges Mayweather for the WBC welterweight world title on May 4 in Las Vegas.

“I don’t really know Andre Ward,” Mayweather (43-0, 26 KOs) told FightHype.com. “I don’t have anything negative or bad to say about Andre Ward. Nothing against him, and like I said before, anybody has a right to call themselves whatever name they want to call themselves. He calls himself ‘S.O.G.’ If I’m not mistaken, that stands for Son of God.

"Last time I checked, we’re all God's children. When one fighter is facing another fighter, God don’t choose sides. What’s going to happen in life is going to happen. Everything is already planned out…I ain't never seen a pastor boxing. I ain't never seen a reverend boxing. I say a prayer that my opponent lives to fight another day and I live to fight another day. You got these guys trying to hurt a man on Saturday and then going to praise the Lord on Sunday.”

Mayweather, who either omitted or may not realize that heavyweight legends George Foreman and Evander Holyfield were both ordained ministers during their respective careers, continued to disparage Ward, switching the focus of his diatribe to mainstream recognition.

“I mean, it’s okay. If I remember correctly, I sold out an arena in the Bay Area maybe 12 or 13 years ago,” Mayweather said of his 2001 victory over Jesus Chavez at the San Francisco Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. “Not knocking Andre Ward, but he can't sell tickets nowhere. He can't sell tickets in Las Vegas.”

Though his fight with Chavez packed the house, Mayweather seemed to have forgotten that four years later, his lack of star power at the time was evident when he knocked out Henry Bruseles inside a relatively empty American Airlines Arena in Miami.

In fact, Mayweather didn’t reach A-side status on a pay-per-view bout until 2006—his 10th year as a professional—when he outpointed Zab Judah. Ward (26-0, 14 KOs), who won Olympic gold in 2004, hasn’t even reached his ninth full year in the pro ranks. While Mayweather acknowledged Ward’s skills, he felt that the East Bay star still had work to do in the box office.

“This is the only guy I know that's a gold medalist, but don't nobody know he's a gold medalist,” said Mayweather, whose amateur career ended with a bronze medal in the 1996 Olympics. “He's a gold medalist, but he's making money like he don't even got a medal.

“Like I said before, Andre Ward, he's a good fighter, but who knows him? If you're not in Oakland, you don't even know who he is. He's getting older and time is ticking, so I mean, when is he going to ever leave Oakland and put asses in seats somewhere else?”

Ward, who has stated numerous times in the past that he’s a fan of Mayweather’s, has cleaned out the 168-pound division and has elevated to No. 2 on Ring Magazine’s pound-for-pound rankings. With Ward closing in on Mayweather’s status as the top fighter in the world regardless of weight class, one can only speculate the main reason behind Wednesday’s tirade.

“You know, you got fighters, sometimes, they speak on certain situations where the thing is this,” said Mayweather, who will be making a reported minimum of $30 million in his fight with Guerrero. “Like I always tell you before, when you're a fighter getting a million dollars, a million-dollar fighter like Andre Ward, if anything, you need to come to my camp so you can learn the blueprint on how to sell out arenas worldwide.

Mayweather then concluded his invective by comparing Ward to rising lightweight sensation Adrien Broner, whose flamboyant style both in and out of the ring have many hailing him as the second coming of Floyd.

“I got the blueprint on how to sell out arenas worldwide,” Mayweather said. “We know Adrien Broner is more known than Andre Ward. He don’t even have an amateur background. got a gold medal? Let me get it and I'll melt it down and get a medallion made.”

When approached by FightHype for a reaction to Mayweather’s comments, Ward’s response was short and directly to the point.

“If Floyd Mayweather has a problem with me or something that I said, he can pick up the phone and we can talk about it like men,” Ward said.

San Diego State's holy trinity of sports:
Kawhi Leonard
Marshall Faulk
Tony Gwynn (RIP)

#Aztec4Life

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Floyd is hyping up THIS guy??? (youtube)
Mar 13th 2013
: - (
Mar 13th 2013
that aint got shit to do with anything
Mar 13th 2013
you're accumulating Ls at warp-speed, ox.
Mar 14th 2013
      just stating observations.
Mar 14th 2013
           lol @ this being your standard of objectivity:
Mar 14th 2013
                RE: lol @ this being your standard of objectivity:
Mar 14th 2013
Mar 14th 2013
Mar 14th 2013
Mar 14th 2013
Andre Ward's Manager Drops Bombs on Floyd Mayweather
Mar 13th 2013
DAMN
Mar 13th 2013
he still cashes Mayweather checks too, allegedly
Mar 13th 2013
wait, this James Prince is Houston Rap-A-Lot J Prince?
Mar 13th 2013
      yes, sucks for Ward
Mar 14th 2013
      hahaha
Mar 14th 2013
      I heard JPrince
Mar 14th 2013
this ain't gonna unfuck up manny.
Mar 14th 2013
#youlostme
Mar 14th 2013
lol, goddamn he torched his ass. That last line...ouch
Mar 14th 2013
that shit was full of all kinds of ether. Wards 1 liner already deaded i...
Mar 14th 2013
uhoh, floyd. time to geek down.
Mar 14th 2013
Shit!
Mar 14th 2013
RE: Andre Ward's Manager Drops Bombs on Floyd Mayweather
Mar 15th 2013
So J Prince, you're saying that the biggest draw in the sport
Mar 15th 2013
lol good point
Mar 15th 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^...
Mar 15th 2013
yo honestly. that was grade A napalm. gotta love this.
Mar 15th 2013
that Son of God shit is dumb as fuck and this seems like
Mar 14th 2013
OKBoxing dialogue:
Mar 14th 2013
everything about floyd is really about manny gettin fucked up
Mar 14th 2013
      Nah, you're giving people waaay too much credit.
Mar 14th 2013
           wtf???
Mar 14th 2013
           Brilliant
Mar 14th 2013
           no
Mar 14th 2013
           RE: no
Mar 14th 2013
           I don't hate Floyd, but I can't figure out why he came out of retirement
Mar 14th 2013
           he "padded" his record and made money...what's wrong with that?
Mar 14th 2013
                who chooses to work twice as hard for half the money
Mar 14th 2013
                     Arum robbed Floyd. Floyd returned the favor by robbing Arum.
Mar 14th 2013
                     ...and as a fight fan, why do I care
Mar 14th 2013
                          As a fight fan, you should enjoy the mastery.
Mar 14th 2013
                     RE: who chooses to work twice as hard for half the money
Mar 14th 2013
                          and yet here we are, 3 years later, after failed negotiations
Mar 15th 2013
Mar 14th 2013
           Wow. People have outright lost their minds.
Mar 14th 2013
                I guess but name one boxer past or present that he's given any
Mar 14th 2013
                     I'd rather talk about Pernell
Mar 14th 2013
                     those fights were before boxing became a 2 division sport
Mar 14th 2013
                          Right. And its only bad when Floyd does it.
Mar 14th 2013
                               as a fan, if this is the result, PBF v Guerrero, yeah, I'd rather have i...
Mar 15th 2013
                                    So you'd rather have it with fighters having no say. Okay.
Mar 15th 2013
                                         disagreeing with you makes me racist, OKayPlayer
Mar 15th 2013
                                              they use the rap model now
Mar 15th 2013
                                                   Yeah, and again -- its only wrong when the workers take control
Mar 15th 2013
                                                   what's the problem with using the major sports model
Mar 15th 2013
                                                        The problem is that no one respects the *REAL* model whatsoever
Mar 15th 2013
                                                             WOW, Guerrero IS the mandatory, I honestly had no idea
Mar 15th 2013
                                                             Bruh...everyone dissenting is pushing right past...
Mar 15th 2013
                                                             I don't hate Floyd. I do hate that the Pac fight didn't happen
Mar 15th 2013
                                                             I hear you.. I wanted the fight too... Consider this though...
Mar 15th 2013
                                                             We need a permalink to these Black Adam's posts. *MAGMA*
Mar 15th 2013
                                                             Nobody gives a fuck what I say even though i'm consistent..
Mar 15th 2013
                                                             the arguments make me mad too, because it should be settled
Mar 15th 2013
                                                             Pacquiao lost to Marquez 3 times.
Mar 15th 2013
                                                             and not taking a $100 million to fight that guy is an L for PBF
Mar 15th 2013
                                                             What's the point if the fans are told they've been ripped off?!?
Mar 15th 2013
                                                             RE: imagine
Mar 15th 2013
                                                             The contract is not for him to fight strictly.
Mar 15th 2013
                                                             and that's all there is to it for me...
Mar 15th 2013
                                                             No doubt... The way I see it... He kinda did us a favor...
Mar 15th 2013
                     LOL. Promotion of Floyd's ENTIRE LAST FIGHT was a gracious love affair
Mar 14th 2013
                          RE: LOL. Promotion of Floyd's ENTIRE LAST FIGHT was a gracious love affa...
Mar 15th 2013
                               To say Floyd "doesn't love boxing" is wrong, simply put.
Mar 15th 2013
                                    naw
Mar 15th 2013
                                         Did you just say Floyd is ducking Alfredo Angulo?
Mar 15th 2013
                                              lol
Mar 15th 2013
                                                   To each his own. But "Floyd doesn't love boxing" is a lie
Mar 15th 2013
                                                        and the winner of the pissing contest is...............
Mar 15th 2013
           RE: no
Mar 17th 2013
           well thought out reply
Mar 14th 2013
           RE: Brilliant
Mar 14th 2013
                Let me get this straight:
Mar 15th 2013
                     i'm gonna make an appt today...
Mar 15th 2013
           FUCKING RIGHT!
Mar 14th 2013
           Lol
Mar 14th 2013
           man, I didn't even bring up Pacquiao or race, but...
Mar 14th 2013
                here's where you drift awry:
Mar 14th 2013
                     yet you don't talk about his lack of footwork
Mar 14th 2013
                     Demarco was a "nobody?" Interesting.
Mar 14th 2013
                     Love Broner... had him losing to Ponce tho...
Mar 14th 2013
Floyd pretty much contra spreadgun'd that nigga w/ this:
Mar 14th 2013
I hope these future fights are as good as the trash talk
Mar 14th 2013
Mayweather's swipe at Ward was unnecessary.
Mar 14th 2013
agreed, but as swipes go?
Mar 14th 2013
Yeah seems like a wash cuz both sides got good (and factual) shots in
Mar 14th 2013
#HOBO
Mar 14th 2013
This post will be more entertaining than the fight
Mar 14th 2013
andre ward's twitter
Mar 14th 2013
Floyd is a bitch if he don't fight Ward, quite honestly.
Mar 14th 2013
lol@ "sacrifice"
Mar 15th 2013
like floyd did to Marquez?
Mar 18th 2013
      Marquez walks around at 135?
Mar 19th 2013
      presently no but when they fought you cant tell me Floyd wasnt
Mar 19th 2013
      Quick Question...What Weight class did Ward begin his career?
Mar 19th 2013
           the same "sacrifice" y'all clown ward for proposing
Mar 19th 2013
                Nah B... Not even close...
Mar 19th 2013
                     RE: Nah B... Not even close...
Mar 19th 2013
                          All I know is dude never gained that much in a day in any fight..
Mar 19th 2013
he'd be better off trying talk canelo into a Sept. 14th date
Mar 15th 2013
LMAO. Now we done resorted to science fiction to hate on Floyd
Mar 15th 2013
Andre Ward wants no trouble... He has no problem with Floyd
Mar 15th 2013
      well i didn't update Andre's twitter account for him....
Mar 15th 2013
           Of course you didn't...
Mar 18th 2013

TRENDone
Charter member
15616 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 11:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Floyd is hyping up THIS guy??? (youtube)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyGiBjuQARM

y'all talking about Guerrero looked shook with Mayweather in front of a green screen

but

Broner looked SHOOK in the video above

Kawhi Leonard
Marshall Faulk
Tony Gwynn (RIP)

#Aztec4Life

Orbit_Established
Member since Oct 27th 2002
52934 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 11:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. ": - ( "
In response to Reply # 1

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "

AlBundy
Member since May 27th 2002
9621 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 11:43 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "that aint got shit to do with anything"
In response to Reply # 1

you mad as fuck

-------------------------
“The other dude after me didn’t help my case. It was just like…crazy nigga factory going on.”
Dre makes no apologies for his own eccentricities. “I was young, and searching, trying to find myself,” he says. “Never did.”-- Andre B

Vex_id
Charter member
65620 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 11:09 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
24. "you're accumulating Ls at warp-speed, ox."
In response to Reply # 1

-->

I could not have asked for better kin.
You were born of Crazy Horse,
unafraid of Beowulf's wolves
before this time of melee.

~Said the Girl Who Saved Her Brother in Battle

#TruSparta x #Innerstanding

TRENDone
Charter member
15616 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 12:12 PM

26. "just stating observations."
In response to Reply # 24

guerrero called out broner before anyone of the 2 were linked to mayweather. and broner was shook. that's an unbiased statement, and i'm not even a sports journalist. you should try it sometime...

Kawhi Leonard
Marshall Faulk
Tony Gwynn (RIP)

#Aztec4Life

Vex_id
Charter member
65620 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 02:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
34. "lol @ this being your standard of objectivity:"
In response to Reply # 26

and broner was shook. that's an unbiased
>statement,

LOL

>and i'm not even a sports journalist. you should
>try it sometime...

yes. I, and sports writers everywhere, should take
heed to your glimmering journalistic wisdom.

Thanks.

-->

TRENDone
Charter member
15616 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 02:42 PM

38. "RE: lol @ this being your standard of objectivity:"
In response to Reply # 34
Thu Mar-14-13 02:56 PM by TRENDone

>and broner was shook. that's an unbiased
>>statement,
>
>LOL
>
>>and i'm not even a sports journalist. you should
>>try it sometime...
>
>yes. I, and sports writers everywhere, should take
>heed to your glimmering journalistic wisdom.
>
>Thanks.
>

all i gotta say my pieces on music have been published in print and i've done all kinds of media up and down cali...with very little effort. but i'm not a sports writer. stick to being a fitness model my man. that's your strength. or else stop being so biased towards mayweather in your articles about boxing, as if your rep on these forums don't spill over into your online journalism. i guess you gotta do what you gotta do to land that exclusive with the mayweather camp. i'm a game giver, not taker.

like the article above written by my man ryan, a fellow filipino...that article is more biased twd a region than any boxers. follow him on twitter, he knows what's up.

Kawhi Leonard
Marshall Faulk
Tony Gwynn (RIP)

#Aztec4Life

Vex_id
Charter member
65620 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 02:53 PM

40. "RE: lol @ this being your standard of objectivity:"
In response to Reply # 38

>all i gotta say is my shit has been published and i've done
>all kinds of media up and down cali, with very little effort.

Where might one be able to view your work?

>but i'm not a sports writer. stick to being a fitness model
>my man. that's your strength.

at least you can admit i'm a superior athlete to you. Appreciate that.

or else stop being so biased
>towards mayweather in your articles about boxing. you don't
>think your rep on this forum carries over to your journalistic
>career? i'm a game giver, not taker.

You obviously haven't ready my work. And as far as my 'rep' goes -
I have a good one and my work/credentials speaks for itself. I am not
going to please everyone (clearly not you) - but that was never the intent.
It is interesting how you have made this discussion personal. lol. You ok?

-->

TRENDone
Charter member
15616 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 03:02 PM

41. "RE: lol @ this being your standard of objectivity:"
In response to Reply # 40
Thu Mar-14-13 03:04 PM by TRENDone

media company i'm with has done work with karim mayfield, doniare, and ward. i've done media work with female boxers as well. i'm not trying to get hardcore with it tho. associates back home are doing a general sports talk show on public access tv in SF. i'm real excited to work on that...

ps. i don't want to get disrespectful with you vex. you've always been level headed but, if i may state my opinion, your boxing journalism is very biased towards mayweather. so my apologies if i'm coming off disrespectful or speaking to you in a condescending manner. you can reply to this and if i need to reply to you any more, i'll just inbox you. peace my man.

Kawhi Leonard
Marshall Faulk
Tony Gwynn (RIP)

#Aztec4Life

Vex_id
Charter member
65620 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 04:04 PM

45. "RE: lol @ this being your standard of objectivity:"
In response to Reply # 41

>media company i'm with has done work with karim mayfield,
>doniare, and ward. i've done media work with female boxers as
>well. i'm not trying to get hardcore with it tho. associates
>back home are doing a general sports talk show on public
>access tv in SF. i'm real excited to work on that...

May I ask where I can see the work? I'm not trying to goad, I'm
genuinely interested in checking it out.

>ps. i don't want to get disrespectful with you vex. you've
>always been level headed but, if i may state my opinion, your
>boxing journalism is very biased towards mayweather. so my
>apologies if i'm coming off disrespectful or speaking to you
>in a condescending manner. you can reply to this and if i
>need to reply to you any more, i'll just inbox you. peace my
>man.

Respect - I have no ill will at all. I don't think I've been biased towards
Mayweather (although I am complimentary of him) - I just think that
he's been vindicated in many ways in the past 3-5 years, be it his
performances inside the ring, his stance against PEDs (some of which
was certainly self-serving, but he was still on the right side of that argument) -
and his overall business model.

I have been critical of him in the past and still am critical of him for never
fighting Pacquiao. He missed out on an opportunity to really take his
ledger to a new stratosphere had he been the one to stop Pacquiao like
Marquez did (and I think he likely would have)...but now he is in the hunt
for a mega-fight (perhaps against Canelo) that will bring him to the absolute
height where few if any have reached. Pacquiao could've been that legacy/once
in a generation type opponent for him, but will unfortunately probably never
see it.

That said, I think he gets unfairly criticized for hand-picking opponents - particularly
since his comeback. I fully expect him to take another tough fight after he
outclasses Guerrero (which I expect to happen) - and I don't think people will
be able to be credible in that outdated criticism if/when he fights Canelo.

-->

michaelo
Charter member
7935 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 11:18 PM

3. "Andre Ward's Manager Drops Bombs on Floyd Mayweather"
In response to Reply # 0

Andre Ward's Manager Drops Bombs on Floyd Mayweather
Posted by: Boxing Clever on 3/13/2013 .

In response to an earlier story on BoxingScene.com , where WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. took several shots at WBC/WBA super middleweight king Andre Ward - James Prince, the current manager of Ward and ex-manager of Mayweather, had plenty to say in response to Floyd Jr.'s unexpected verbal jabs.

"First of all I don't know what demonic spirit jumped into Mayweather causing him to try to assassinate my fighter's character because he is a fighter and a man of God - as if it's a sin to worship God and fight. It goes to show his ignorance in the word of God because there are prophets throughout the Bible that were fighters, warriors, hit men - and none of them were punks. So for Mayweather to attack a man's spirituality because he has been friends with Robert Guerrero since they were kids and he's riding with him is just an excuse to voice his haterism that's really in his heart for me and Dre," Prince said in a statement to BoxingScene.com.

"Dre never had nothing but respect for this dude, but if he thinks there is something weak about Andre Ward - then he can eat some steaks and put some weight on his ass so Dre can whip it. Not knocking Floyd Mayweather, but he knows he couldn't draw flies to a dumpster until he beat Oscar De la Hoya. I know this is true because I was managing him when he couldn't sell out his hometown of Grand Rapids or the San Francisco Auditorium, which only seats 6,000 people."

"By the way, any man that represented the United States of America and won a gold medal is not only known, but appreciated by all Americans - something Floyd didn't accomplish. And that invitation on his blueprint for knowing how to get millions - we pass on that, because we know how to make millions, but more importantly, how to keep it."

"And yeah, I see how he's trying to befriend Broner so he won't be faced with Broner gettin' in his ass. But at the end of the day, he would have a problem with Broner because Broner is a real one. And Floyd knows, like I know, that he's uncomfortable with real men around him."

www.pacifictrainingcenter.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/#!/pages/San-Diego-CA/Pacific-Training-Center-Boxing-Muay-Thai-Fitness/145216788833188

TRENDone
Charter member
15616 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 11:22 PM

4. "DAMN"
In response to Reply # 3

Kawhi Leonard
Marshall Faulk
Tony Gwynn (RIP)

#Aztec4Life

southphillyman
Member since Oct 22nd 2003
90059 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 11:36 PM

5. "he still cashes Mayweather checks too, allegedly"
In response to Reply # 3
Wed Mar-13-13 11:36 PM by southphillyman

i doubt Floyd responds to J Prince, he probably forgot who Wards manager was

~~~~~~

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Wed Mar-13-13 11:58 PM

7. "wait, this James Prince is Houston Rap-A-Lot J Prince? "
In response to Reply # 5

>i doubt Floyd responds to J Prince, he probably forgot who
>Wards manager was
>

southphillyman
90059 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 12:02 AM

8. "yes, sucks for Ward"
In response to Reply # 7

he seems like a smart dude
wonder how he got himself in that clusterfuck
managed by JPrince promoted by Goosen?
L

~~~~~~

michaelo
Charter member
7935 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 12:12 AM

10. "hahaha"
In response to Reply # 8

hilarious. i love goosen's (the trainer)shirts he wears on fight nights. he's like the craig sager of boxing. ok maybe not that extreme.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/#!/pages/San-Diego-CA/Pacific-Training-Center-Boxing-Muay-Thai-Fitness/145216788833188

TRENDone
Charter member
15616 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 03:07 AM

14. "I heard JPrince"
In response to Reply # 7

the suge of texas and once ran into floyd's gym cuz floyd jr owe him $2M

Kawhi Leonard
Marshall Faulk
Tony Gwynn (RIP)

#Aztec4Life

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 12:27 AM

11. "this ain't gonna unfuck up manny. "
In response to Reply # 3

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

michaelo
Charter member
7935 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 12:41 AM

13. "#youlostme"
In response to Reply # 11

BlassFemur
Member since Mar 26th 2008
10309 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 12:35 AM

12. "lol, goddamn he torched his ass. That last line...ouch"
In response to Reply # 3

https://banafrit.com/
http://middlebrainmedia.com/

southphillyman
90059 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 07:36 AM

18. "that shit was full of all kinds of ether. Wards 1 liner already deaded i..."
In response to Reply # 12

doesn't seem to be a ton of interest in this fight and Canelo took his ball and went home since Floyd doesn't want to fight him
no one cares about Guerrero, so Floyd is trying to generate buzz going at one of the most respected boxers in the game right now

~~~~~~

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 08:04 AM

19. "uhoh, floyd. time to geek down."
In response to Reply # 3

when j prince gets involved...shit just got gangster for real

Rick Fox Jr
Member since Feb 28th 2003
12029 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 01:56 PM

33. "Shit!"
In response to Reply # 3

I was loving Floyd for getting in Ward's ass, but the CEO of Rap-A-Lot? Please retort, Floyd!

spidey
Charter member
13131 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 01:01 AM

64. "RE: Andre Ward's Manager Drops Bombs on Floyd Mayweather"
In response to Reply # 3

...Ether!...old as Mayweather still talkin shit, while handpicking his opponents...brother said start eatin some steaks if you wanna step to Ward...lol....

Integrity is the Cornerstone of Artistry...

AnonymousCoward
Member since Sep 17th 2002
15394 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 08:57 AM

67. "So J Prince, you're saying that the biggest draw in the sport"
In response to Reply # 3

couldn't fill seats under your management? Self-ether.

http://clydefrazierapproves.com/
http://stylepoints.tumblr.com/

"Like 4 out of 5 things you say on OKP offend me." -FireBrand

veritas
Member since Sep 16th 2002
37201 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 11:02 AM

76. "lol good point"
In response to Reply # 67

i still blame hip-hop.

BLACK_ADAM
Member since Mar 21st 2006
4791 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 11:32 AM

80. "^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^..."
In response to Reply # 67

"Inspectah Deck, he's like...he's like that dude thatta sit back and watch you play yourself and all that right? And see you sit there and know you lyin; and he'll take you to court after that, cuz he the Inspectah."

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42784 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 11:29 AM

78. "yo honestly. that was grade A napalm. gotta love this."
In response to Reply # 3

veritas
37201 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 12:11 AM

9. "that Son of God shit is dumb as fuck and this seems like"
In response to Reply # 0

pretty tepid "hate" to me.

i still blame hip-hop.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 03:39 AM

15. "OKBoxing dialogue: "
In response to Reply # 0

2009: Floyd is scared of Pacquiao!

2013: Floyd got dissed by Andre Ward's trainer!

Basaglia
49463 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 06:49 AM

16. "everything about floyd is really about manny gettin fucked up"
In response to Reply # 15

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 07:05 AM

17. "Nah, you're giving people waaay too much credit. "
In response to Reply # 16

I wish people were Pacquiao fans, and that explained
the vitriol.

Trendone is Filipino, so he's just mad, and I respect that,
but he's mad at Floyd for stuff that has nothing to do with
Pacquiao at this stage. He just wants Floyd to lose...because.

And Michaelo is Mexican, has no reason to dislike Floyd
whatsoever. Like, none at all. Floyd done gave Marquez,
Ortiz and now Guerrero their biggest paydays ever (at the
time they fought Floyd).

And everyone else is just....mad, for some other reason.

I will say that Southphillyman has mostly shut his mouth
since the Pacquiao knockout. He won't outright concede
an L but his tone is mad somber on here and he don't drum
up controversy.

Its an embarrassment

michaelo
Charter member
7935 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 08:43 AM

21. "wtf???"
In response to Reply # 17
Thu Mar-14-13 08:48 AM by michaelo

what does me being mexican have anything to do with floyd being an asshole? by that logic i suppose you're riding for floyd and his crackhead dad and uncle so hard cuz they're black??

floyd could win 100 more fights, or lose the rest of his career. he's still going to be an ignorant asshole. for some reason that is so hard for you floyd stans to swallow.

since you girls want to bring manny into it; i'll just say floyd proved how stupid he really is for not fighting manny, knocking him out instead of marquez AND earning the biggest payday of "money" mayweather's career.

until the andre berto fight, i gave robert guerrero no respect. he won me over. i think he'll make it entertaining at least.

oscar delahoya made floyd a star. and oscar still makes money off floyd. so basically oscar is his boss.

OE...no te awites mijo.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 12:35 PM

28. "Brilliant"
In response to Reply # 21

>what does me being mexican have anything to do with floyd
>being an asshole? by that logic i suppose you're riding for
>floyd and his crackhead dad and uncle so hard cuz they're
>black??

You missed my point, but I forgot who I was talking to,
should have figured that.

I TOLERATE the hate from Filipinos because they are
devastated that their hero and countryman was defeated.

I DON'T tolerate the hate from anyone else (Mexican,
or any other ethnicity) because that Floyd hate has nothing
to do WITH BOXING.

It has NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT HE DOES FOR A LIVING
and y'all just come up with double standards and reasons
to dislike EVERYTHING.

I'm saying you have no BOXING reason to dislike
Floyd. And if Floyd is an asshole as a PERSON, it
shouldn't tweak your views of him as a BOXER. Lots of
celebrities are awful people; you've CHOSEN to hate
Floyd worse than anyone else.

I don't hear you chirping about how Julio Cesar Chavez
Jr. is a spoiled brat prick and a cheater.

Or did I?

Oh, ok.

Double standard.

>floyd could win 100 more fights, or lose the rest of his
>career. he's still going to be an ignorant asshole. for some
>reason that is so hard for you floyd stans to swallow.

I don't know him personally. I know of his legal trangressions.

You hate him like he did something to you PERSONALLY and you
let the hate spill over into how you view him as a BOXER.

There is NOTHING to dislike about him as BOXER OR as am ambassador
for boxing. He's done wonders for a sport that YOU TEACH. He's made
YOU MONEY. He's got more young people interested in the sport than
ANYONE in the last decade.

And he didn't cheat like Chavez Jr, who you didn't criticize.

>since you girls want to bring manny into it; i'll just say
>floyd proved how stupid he really is for not fighting manny,
>knocking him out instead of marquez AND earning the biggest
>payday of "money" mayweather's career.

Nah, Money won. Didn't give a penny to Bob Arum and is still
the wealthiest man in the sport.

>until the andre berto fight, i gave robert guerrero no
>respect. he won me over. i think he'll make it entertaining at
>least.

Well, if we're talking about BOXING, I'm in the camp that
says Floyd is aging and is ready to lose any day now. Won't
take a great fighter. Just a really hungry fighter and a
rough night for Floyd. Happens to everyone.

>oscar delahoya made floyd a star. and oscar still makes money
>off floyd. so basically oscar is his boss.

Actually, no, but I'd be mad if was you too.

>OE...no te awites mijo.

(C)Keith Murray, "

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 01:49 PM

32. "no"
In response to Reply # 28

>I'm saying you have no BOXING reason to dislike
>Floyd. And if Floyd is an asshole as a PERSON, it
>shouldn't tweak your views of him as a BOXER.

you loud but wrong guy.

Vex_id
Charter member
65620 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 02:03 PM

35. "RE: no"
In response to Reply # 32

>
>>I'm saying you have no BOXING reason to dislike
>>Floyd. And if Floyd is an asshole as a PERSON, it
>>shouldn't tweak your views of him as a BOXER.
>
>
>you loud but wrong guy.

what *boxing* reason is there to dislike floyd?

I think what he's saying is (if i may use an analogy) --
if you dislike LeBron for whatever reason (the decision for example)
- that shouldn't be used to be blind of his on the court exploits.

Alike, if you dislike Floyd's persona, that shouldn't necessarily
make you unable to give him his due as a boxing genius...that is,
if you truly love to watch pure boxing.

-->

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 02:38 PM

37. "I don't hate Floyd, but I can't figure out why he came out of retirement"
In response to Reply # 35

other than to pad his record

if he came out of retirement to make the most money he could

that fight was Pac

if he came out of retirement to fight the best fighters

that fight was Pac

these fights over the last 3 years or so (whenever the Pac hype started)

are my problem with Floyd

he's the undisputed PFP fighter

has been for awhile

but at this point, he's just padding his record

when it never really was necessary

he could have stayed retired and still be revered in the same manner

I don't think any of these recent fights have been inspiring

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

Basaglia
49463 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 03:06 PM

42. "he "padded" his record and made money...what's wrong with that?"
In response to Reply # 37

>other than to pad his record

but, he was predicted to lose each of these post-comeback fights by prominent, respected analysts and wannabe analysts on this very board. you dudes been wanting it both ways for YEARS. you get hyped watching bammas drink pee and train real hard and pretend to look confident and you start making your dumb predictions. then, when he outclasses them... "oh, this fight shoulda never happened" "he scared of pac"

>if he came out of retirement to make the most money he could
>
>that fight was Pac

yeah...it WAS. pac ain't hold up his end. he got knocked out by a dude floyd goose egged.

>if he came out of retirement to fight the best fighters
>
>that fight was Pac

pac was ONE of the best. floyd fought the other ones. and beat 'em easily.

>these fights over the last 3 years or so (whenever the Pac
>hype started)
>
>are my problem with Floyd
>
>he's the undisputed PFP fighter
>
>has been for awhile

what's a while? you mean AFTER pac started taking Ls again? because when pac was walking through punches and meleeing bammas to death, he was the P4P king by all major news outlets.

>but at this point, he's just padding his record

please. what he doing is hurting feelings. he's fighting good fighters.

>when it never really was necessary
>
>he could have stayed retired and still be revered in the same
>manner

he's held up his end and continued to be the best fighter on earth. what's happened is HATERS have dominated and altered the narrative because they mad.

>I don't think any of these recent fights have been inspiring

not to you.

bentagain
16595 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 03:33 PM

43. "who chooses to work twice as hard for half the money"
In response to Reply # 42

when they have the option to make twice the money with half the work?

you doing alot in this post

I get it

you hate Pac

I'm sayin

here

and now

Floyd is better off having taken the fight

than having the Pac questions follow him for the rest of his career

these last few years are a wash

and most will remember them for who he didn't fight

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 04:53 PM

47. "Arum robbed Floyd. Floyd returned the favor by robbing Arum. "
In response to Reply # 43
Thu Mar-14-13 04:57 PM by Orbit_Established

Made money on his own that he didn't make on Arum's
terms, didn't fight any Arum fighters, made money his
own way.

Its actually genius and one of the great fuck yous to
an exploitive former boss, ever.

Its really that simple.

(C)Keith Murray, "

bentagain
16595 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 04:59 PM

50. "...and as a fight fan, why do I care "
In response to Reply # 47
Thu Mar-14-13 05:02 PM by bentagain

when did we start clappin' to purses and PPV buys

I care about my guy beat your guy

he had the chance to do that

chose not to

for whatever reason

totally his choice

and that's my problem with Floyd

he had the opportunity to be the GOAT

and chose not to

I really don't care what the excuse is

boxing is unique in that you get to choose your opponent

back to my original point

if his motive for coming out of retirement

was to either make the most money he could and/or fight the best opponent available

it is clear at this point he chose not to do either

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 05:07 PM

52. "As a fight fan, you should enjoy the mastery. "
In response to Reply # 50
Thu Mar-14-13 05:08 PM by Orbit_Established

He gave us plenty of thrills, moments of wonder, things
to be impressed by.

He doesn't owe you anything.

He's a brilliant boxer and has been a pleasure to box

And he made money for lots of fighters, empowered the
fighter in this exploitive game, demonstrated how to
build a brand out of nowhere.

Its a great career, and a fabulous boxing story.

*shrugs*

Your loss. I've enjoyed it.

(C)Keith Murray, "

AlBundy
9621 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 10:47 PM

63. "RE: who chooses to work twice as hard for half the money"
In response to Reply # 43

>than having the Pac questions follow him for the rest of his
>career

theres no pacquaio questions following floyd. marquez erased that.

>these last few years are a wash

only with floyd is continuing to reign supreme over your sport a wash

>and most will remember them for who he didn't fight

only the haters

“The other dude after me didn’t help my case. It was just like…crazy nigga factory going on.”
Dre makes no apologies for his own eccentricities. “I was young, and searching, trying to find myself,” he says. “Never did.”-- Andre B

bentagain
16595 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 09:57 AM

70. "and yet here we are, 3 years later, after failed negotiations"
In response to Reply # 63

and Pac taking an L to Bradley and getting KTFO by Marquez

and his name is still in a PBF post

back to my original point

if he came out of retirement to fight the best opponent and/or make the most money possible

he's done neither

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 03:36 PM

44. "..."

imo he demands more than his due credit... he's a helluva boxer but he doesn't take risks for the sake of the sport or entertainment... the only reason his fights make the coin are his mouth and folks want him to lose.. I'm not saying he doesn't belong in the top 3 PfP arguably #1.. but he acts insulted that anybody else could be considered as if he thinks he should be ranked #1 through 10... trying to take shots at Andre Ward like that is a chump move too.. It's not as if either of them is going to move 15 lbs to make a fight.. what Wards manager said about pre 2006 Floyd is right on the money too.. and let's face it half the folks he's fought since then are or were in their sunset..Ortiz was compelling but he'd already been proven to lack true heart... Ward impressed me more in the Super 6 (and I even used to like to detract from his ish some but after that tournament it's hard to argue).. I don't see Floyd ever going in for that kind of format.

My main problem with Floyd is he doesn't really seem to love boxing.. he loves himself and making money.. he not a fan of the sport at all.

personally I don't give a shit about the PPV numbers.. I like good entertaining fights often with cats I ain't even heard of more than most the PPV shit anyway... seriously that 50cent card was a thoroughly entertaining evening.

I bet Floyd ain't even got anything good to say about B-Hop if asked.. man fuck that Hobo... let him come and Curtis Woodhouse me IDGAF.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 04:52 PM

46. "Wow. People have outright lost their minds. "
In response to Reply # 44
Thu Mar-14-13 04:54 PM by Orbit_Established

>My main problem with Floyd is he doesn't really seem to love
>boxing.. he loves himself and making money.. he not a fan of
>the sport at all.

Like, this is literally the opposite of true, and you don't
have to like Floyd to get this right.

He loves boxing more than anyone in the sport the last
15 years. That's actually his secret. He's a savant and
student of it. You can't be as good as he is at it and
not love it. Floyd LOVES boxing. LOVES it.

He just found a loophole and learned how to make money
while not walking into punches. That's why you're mad. Y'all
think these guys who walk into right hands "love boxing." They
don't. They just aren't good enough at it to avoid being hit
the way Floyd is.

Floyd isn't Roy Jones Jr., whose physical gifts outpaced
his boxing IQ. He is great specifically because he loves
to box. More than anyone.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 06:07 PM

53. "I guess but name one boxer past or present that he's given any"
In response to Reply # 46

real respect too(I'd love to see it)... is there tape of him talking about a good fight?(show me I'm sure I'm wrong)besides even you used the term loophole... but I'm not above eating crow so show me some of him giving humble respect for the tradition of the sport.

you think he's got Ward? He's good enough possibly he could.. I think Andre's got some holes.. that'd be a fucking great fight but really... that's the real crazy talk right there lol given that at both their lightest there was 30 lbs difference.. still Floyd don't even respect a Gold Medal.. 'n his shit's Bronze thinkin it dont stink? GFOH... he's a better MEME these days than a fight...

look at this shit coming up on paper... 2003 was the last time that Floyd has been as light as Guerrero was three fights ago in 2011. Guerrero just jumped 12 to 13 lbs for his last two.. Floyd has never jumped more than 7 which he did for his last fight against Cotto(shot since 2008)...

this shit is a washout... Guerrero surprised and showed some real intangibles but we knew Berto had fatal flaws... thoroughly enjoyed that fight even though neither of them can box @ floyds level.. but Floyd acts like there never was anybody even close or worth watching...

man I gotta meeting to get to I can't be bullshitting bout this hobo i don't even like doing it that much when I got time... I'd rather talk about Pernell or a dozen others any day.

bentagain
16595 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 06:18 PM

54. " I'd rather talk about Pernell"
In response to Reply # 53

Morales/Barrera
Ward/Gatti
Pernell/DLH/Trinidad/Hopkins/Forrest/Mosley/Jones Jr

it doesn't seem too long ago

that there were more than a handful of fighters

that could match up at any given moment

and give us a quality fight

today, we've been waiting for 2 guys to fight for the past 3 years

for all that PBF stans want to give him credit for

PEDs, promoting, etc...

doesn't he also get some of the blame for the state that boxing is in?

southphillyman
90059 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 06:41 PM

55. "those fights were before boxing became a 2 division sport"
In response to Reply # 54

not floyd fault
oscars and arums
floyd stans use to talk about top rank keeping shit in house
ha, floyd/GBP took that blueprint and ran with it
you shouldn't be able to predict Floyds fights months in advance by simply looking at GBP roster and checking who is available in may or september
lol shits disgusting
now this 6 fight plan is going to be all GBP garbage?
guerrero, maidana, angulo, danny garcia?
bradley and clottey was some in house shit but they are better than any of them GBP fighters I named
shit is indefensible
it's bad for boxing

~~~~~~

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 08:22 PM

58. "Right. And its only bad when Floyd does it. "
In response to Reply # 55

Y'all said NOTHING when Arum was doing it.

Nada. Zilch.

That's the point: for some reason, y'all think its okay
for Bob Arum to control boxing, but not for a guy who
actually steps into the ring.

You guys really are an embarrassment. Shame on you.

(C)Keith Murray, "

bentagain
16595 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 10:04 AM

71. "as a fan, if this is the result, PBF v Guerrero, yeah, I'd rather have i..."
In response to Reply # 58

the old way

at least we got good fights

and not his bullshit

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 10:23 AM

72. "So you'd rather have it with fighters having no say. Okay. "
In response to Reply # 71
Fri Mar-15-13 10:34 AM by Orbit_Established

You'd rather have those days with fighters getting pennies
for their fights and having no say in who they fight.

Sugar Ray, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Duran etc would trade
careers with Floyd Mayweather in a heartbeat. Second. Not
even a thought.

You sound like old white people who bitch about
black athletes' love of free agency. There's a great
argument that sports was better prior to free agency.
Teams could really build long term. Fans could establish
closer connections with teams, etc.

But this is the modern sports world.

Athletes have a say.

Deal with it.

It was no better when Arum was feeding Pacquiao all
Top Rank fighters.

You guys pick on Floyd because he's young and black and
is an easier target than Bob Arum.

Its mostly just racism.

bentagain
16595 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 10:35 AM

73. "disagreeing with you makes me racist, OKayPlayer"
In response to Reply # 72

funny how BHop is using the same model

and making good fights

at almost 50 YO

IDGAF how it happens

as a fight fan

I want the fight (well I wanted the fight)

Roberto Duran = Not Black

funny though, those fighter managed to make fights against each other

if the old way didn't work

neither is this

southphillyman
90059 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 10:48 AM

74. "they use the rap model now"
In response to Reply # 73

supply inferior product with superior marketing and branding..then sit back as dumb niggas gobble it up
it's why canelo and broner have 1.5 quality opponents between them...yet are already borderline mega stars

~~~~~~

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 10:54 AM

75. "Yeah, and again -- its only wrong when the workers take control"
In response to Reply # 74

All of the countless fighters with brain injuries who
were thrown to the wolves by promoters for decades...
...nobody complains. Nobody said anything. It was fine
when people in suits did it.

But when Floyd decides to fight Juan Manuel Marquez instead
of Miguel Cotto, Floyd is ruining boxing.

Its exactly why the world is the way it is. 85% of you are
lemmings.

I enjoy the science of boxing. I enjoy the matching of wits.
I enjoy seeing greatness in all its forms. When I saw Floyd
vs. Cotto. I got that. When I saw him injure his hand vs.
Baldomir and cruise -- I got that. When I saw him dig his way
out of a hole against Zab -- I got that.

I'm satisfied because I don't deny a worker their right to
financial freedom and because I actually enjoy the science
of boxing.

(C)Keith Murray, "

bentagain
16595 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 11:20 AM

77. "what's the problem with using the major sports model"
In response to Reply # 74
Fri Mar-15-13 11:25 AM by bentagain

something with more structure

so the matchups aren't so arbitrary

and the promotion, etc...is handled by a league

like the UFC

(I'm not saying exactly like the UFC, because I think Dana White is making the most $$$ in that format)

where somebody can say the fans want to see you and you fight

so you and you are fighting

I wouldn't even be opposed to an annual or bi-annual tourney like the super 6 we just saw

this pick and choose bullshit is the problem IMO

even in the old model

there were still rankings and mandatories

does that even exist anymore

does anybody know who the #1 challenger is?

FTR, I also have a problem with the Klitchkos not fighting each other

I think that has alot to do with the demise of the HeavyWeight division

BLACK_ADAM
4791 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 11:31 AM

79. "The problem is that no one respects the *REAL* model whatsoever"
In response to Reply # 77

Remember when Mayweather was the lineal 147lb champ and P4P champ?

The *REAL* sports model dictates that he fight his mandatories.

The problem was that no one doing all the fucking talking about Mayweather being a "coward" actually secured a *RANKING* or wanted to fight and *ELIMINATOR* in order to *EARN* the *RIGHT* to face him...

That goes for *EVERYONE* at 147 prior to Mayweather vacating the title.

He vacated the title because:

A.) There was more money to be made elsewhere

B.) It served to deal Arum a financial blow

C.) None of the money fighters at 147 wanted to be proactive and fight each other...all they did was call out Floyd

What's even funnier is that Guerrero is his mandatory....so Mayweather is honoring the *REAL* model

bentagain
16595 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 11:46 AM

81. "WOW, Guerrero IS the mandatory, I honestly had no idea"
In response to Reply # 79

he's been in that division for what

a whole week

SMH

F'n stupid IMO

BLACK_ADAM
4791 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 12:06 PM

82. "Bruh...everyone dissenting is pushing right past..."
In response to Reply # 81

this shit...

I've said the same thing for years...

All the fights that happened with many of the greats...the "round robins" etc...

Those cats were ranked!!!! Those cats were taking their mandatories until the competition ramped up and we got the superfights...

Nowadays...everyone wants to bypass all of that and say that their name should trump a ranking... No one asked why Cotto, Williams, Margarito, Mosley etc...weren't fighting each other..

They only did that *AFTER* Floyd vacated the titles....The exception being Margarito and Williams fighting for the fringe WBO belt at 147...

Like I said (...and have been saying)..when all that coward shit was being flouted and Arum and Co. were talking shit.. *NONE* of the fighters bothered to secure a ranking to effect anything..

Mayweather asked why didn't all of those guys calling his name fight each other...and he'll fight the winner...

Nobody wants to remember that because they're too busy hating him..

When he vacated the belts...that ensured that he was free to fight whoever would grant the biggest payday.. Before that...he was honoring the *REAL* model as a beltholder......waiting and no one stepped up seriously.

All they did was call him a coward to the press but didn't bother to secure a ranking to force his hand as a *beltholder*...

This fight with Guerrero is for a belt Pah.....

"Inspectah Deck, he's like...he's like that dude thatta sit back and watch you play yourself and all that right? And see you sit there and know you lyin; and he'll take you to court after that, cuz he the Inspectah."

bentagain
16595 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 12:14 PM

83. "I don't hate Floyd. I do hate that the Pac fight didn't happen"
In response to Reply # 82

and probably won't

that does make me mad

other than that

I get what you're saying

but I don't think that's the reason the Pac fight didn't happen

he can fight mandatories for the rest of his career

and it still won't answer the questions about Pac

but again, that's his choice

BLACK_ADAM
4791 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 12:30 PM

84. "I hear you.. I wanted the fight too... Consider this though..."
In response to Reply # 83

Folks are now trying to flip that son is stupid for not taking the money and running...

Meanwhile they are angry at him for *supposedly* taking the money and running...

More rational people are like: "I don't care about anything else...I just wanted to see it play out... I wanted to see the fight"

We're not dealing with rational people fam...

Floyd said it would be easy... I daresay I believed him...

The Marquez KO of Pacquiao though......

I get that styles make fights and all but man.....

I really believe Mayweather now. Respect to Pacquiao but Floyd taking that fight... I believe he would have won and still gained none of the respect he warrants.

The fight may still happen but the fight would be "real market value" instead of "perceived market value" I think the fight can still happen but never with Bob Arum involved...

Mayweather essentially toyed with a guy that has given Pacquiao all he can handle...AND a KO on his ledger....but you never know. It still mat be a good match.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 12:37 PM

85. "We need a permalink to these Black Adam's posts. *MAGMA* "
In response to Reply # 84

Good LORD

Well done

(C)Keith Murray, "

BLACK_ADAM
4791 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 01:40 PM

89. "Nobody gives a fuck what I say even though i'm consistent.."
In response to Reply # 85

...anytime someone else brings up a point I made eons ago...that shit gets sliced, diced, plagiarized, re-cised and cosigned....

What's even funnier is that all the cats that hated my analyses are agreeing with me now and are acting like they don't know it...

...but I remember the true blues that have been in a cat's corner from post 1, day 1....

...and Floyd is fighting his *mandatory* for 8 figures...on PPV....with a CBS chaser....

Respect.

Post script: Guerrero looks quite a bit bigger than Mayweather...anybody notice that? Meanwhile a few cats (who shall remain unnamed) were on about Floyd fighting undersized guys...

LOL!!!!!

bentagain
16595 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 12:40 PM

86. "the arguments make me mad too, because it should be settled"

by now (meaning, we should have had a fight)

the fact that stans on both sides try to spin Ws for their guy

based on PPV #s, common opponents, etc...

F'n stupid

STFU and fight

I always thought PBF was the superior boxer

and I would never bet against him (probably ever)

but the Pac after that first Marquez fight

before the leg issues started to surface over the last year or so

that Pac was dangerous, and a real threat

getting KO'd by Marquez 3 years later doesn't change that in my mind

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 12:53 PM

88. "Pacquiao lost to Marquez 3 times. "
In response to Reply # 86
Fri Mar-15-13 12:53 PM by Orbit_Established

Pac-Marquez 2 was a draw. Marquez easily
outboxed him in the 1 and 3 and knocked him
out in 4. If you didn't know any better you'd
think Marquez was the superstar. He's way, way
way, way, better than Pacquiao. Way better.

And other than that, Pacquiao:

Beat Hatton RIGHT AFTER he lost to Floyd.

Beat RIGHT Mosley AFTER he lost to Floyd.

Beat Margarito RIGHT AFTER he lost to Mosley (and
was suspended).

Beat Cotto RIGHT AFTER he lost to Margarito.

Beat De La Hoya at 147 pounds with dehydration
needle marks in his arm (according to F. Roach)

Beat Clottey RIGHT AFTER he lost to Cotto.

It goes on and on and on.

Nobody even bothered to notice.

(C)Keith Murray, "

bentagain
16595 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 01:53 PM

91. "and not taking a $100 million to fight that guy is an L for PBF"
In response to Reply # 88

I'll play

in your imaginary world

where Pac is this incredibly inferior fighter

that took all these Ls

and was never in PBF's class

why would PBF turn down $100 million to fight that guy

let's not pretend like Pac wasn't the best fighter in the game

next to PBF (outside of this board, I do believe many "experts" had him ranked P4P, despite your incredibly insightful analysis that no one noticed)

let's not pretend like this wasn't projected to be the biggest PPV event ever

even if all that bullshit you typed was relevant

why NOT make that fight (sounds like easy $$$ the way you make it sound)

c'mon

BLACK_ADAM
4791 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 02:01 PM

93. "What's the point if the fans are told they've been ripped off?!?"
In response to Reply # 91

Think about it.

Every time this dude beats someone and makes this money...the fans are effectively told that they've been ripped off and the media does everything in its power to discredit the win...

...Now imagine Mayweather wins and makes that record breaking cash...

The hate would be 12 million kelvin times the hate he gets now....

Pacquiao got slept by a guy that Floyd toyed with but folks still find a way to use Manny getting KTFO against Mayweather...

"Floyd...you should have knocked Manny out in that fight...how could you let Marquez do it for less money than you would have made?!?!?... This *PROVES* you're a coward!!!..."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S CATSHIT CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit....he did himself a favor by *NOT* fighting Pacquiao!!! Look at how motherfuckers are acting!!!!!!!

bentagain
16595 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 02:08 PM

94. "RE: imagine"
In response to Reply # 93

and that's still the problem

I couldn't imagine 1 fight

even if that did happen

they probably would have fought again

I'm not even convinced here and now

Pac ISN'T PBF's best opponent

imagine...HA!

PBF signed for 3 years 5-6 fights?

who do you imagine him filling those fight cards with?

BLACK_ADAM
4791 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 02:17 PM

95. "The contract is not for him to fight strictly."
In response to Reply # 94

The *option* is for him to fight 5 or 6 times... It plays out as more of a branding/marketing venture.

He doesn't have to make 6 fights...

Now he may build and promote some cards...but that is to be seen. The partnership is with Showtime and *CBS*... When the mainstream/primetime networks are asking for boxing...the 8 figure installments don't look so steep..

My understanding is that the contract is *NOT* explicitly for him to fight 5-6 times over 2 and 1/2 years... He has the *option* to fight that many times...

Basaglia
49463 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 12:40 PM

87. "and that's all there is to it for me..."

>I really believe Mayweather now. Respect to Pacquiao but
>Floyd taking that fight... I believe he would have won and
>still gained none of the respect he warrants.

i've been saying it for 5 years. he woulda won and it woulda been status quo hate and on to the next dude, whether that be alvarez or bradley.

BLACK_ADAM
4791 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 01:54 PM

92. "No doubt... The way I see it... He kinda did us a favor..."
In response to Reply # 87

No one wants to pay for anything they can have for free...

A guy who's biggest purse (...less endorsements, perks, FB et al..) is $8M...can't verbally agree, in principal, to a $40M purse with the back end to be negotiated????

That tells me a little more about what's happening when that is the obstacle...

Meanwhile we got cats cysed to watch Thurman beat Zaveck...who was beaten by the same Miguel Cotto for a fringe title...which he subsquently gave up in a weight drained beating from Pacquiao...and the legend begins.....

^^^These are the cats we're talking to Basa... We should just let them have their misery.

Peace of mind is for free when you consider the above...

Put me on the Podcast man!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 08:20 PM

57. "LOL. Promotion of Floyd's ENTIRE LAST FIGHT was a gracious love affair"
In response to Reply # 53

The entire promotion for Floyd-Cotto was mostly a love
affair/love fest where Floyd talked about how much he
respected Cotto. Like, the ENTIRE promotion. The WHOLE
promotion. And he's done that quite often.

That's what is hilarious -- Floyd actually doesn't bad
mouth fighter's. Hell, watch the end of Mayweather-Gatti
and listen to his post-fight comments: Floyd basically
APOLOGIZED for calling Gatti "c-class."

Its well known that Floyd is a nice guy; this is one
of the reasons him and Oscar immediately became friends
despite Floyd talking shit about Oscar pre-fight.

Floyd takes care of deceased fighter's funerals and
does so without fanfare (the Genaro Hernandez one was
especially touching, since Hernandez wasn't wealthy
at all); Floyd never openly talked about it, actually.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 01:46 PM

90. "RE: LOL. Promotion of Floyd's ENTIRE LAST FIGHT was a gracious love affa..."
In response to Reply # 57

>
>Floyd takes care of deceased fighter's funerals and
>does so without fanfare (the Genaro Hernandez one was
>especially touching, since Hernandez wasn't wealthy
>at all); Floyd never openly talked about it, actually.
>
>

I'm glad you mentioned that.. because it's true.. that's classy... and for that alone I can eat some crow

he got some points with me for the Cotto respect.. but it's not as if he was going to be able to hype anybody on that fight by talking smack.. we all knew Cotto was pretty much shot.. Floyd had to talk him up. that was kinda more like floyd running the sally-ann and giving cotto a payday.. the fight played out better than expected tho..

this next one is kinda interesting because the ghost is no slouch... but come on Andre Berto is now basically just the Floyd Gatekeeper and he is not a shadow of the boxer Floyd is.. and the weight experience *smh* ... i'd like to see him put on 12 pounds and back up the smack that the original poast is about.

I've never been one to detract from his boxing skill and science but that doesn't mean I have to like him as a boxer or fighter if you will.. I don't get excited to watch his fights and until he ends up fighting someone worth their salt at an appropriate time in their career ima usually have only one or three words to say

"fuck that hobo"

and I don't even care but y'all can't stand it when I say it.

say hypothetically Canelo* develops some more defense and get's another couple of high quality opponents behind him... you know what I bet? watch that'll never happen now for whatever reason.

*insert name of best matchup you got

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 03:28 PM

97. "To say Floyd "doesn't love boxing" is wrong, simply put. "
In response to Reply # 90

That's what you said. You, like everyone else, is just
making shit up.

And that YOU DIDNT EVEN NOTICE him being gracious and
nice to his opponent IN HIS LAST FIGHT goes to show that
you aren't paying attention. He does stuff like that all
the time.

And now your making excuses for him being nice to Cotto?

Just stop it. You're not paying attention and you're making
shit up. I'd get more upset at you, but you have lots of
company in here.

Its a shame. You're missing on of the most compelling athletes
ever.

(C)Keith Murray, "

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 04:03 PM

98. "naw "
In response to Reply # 97

we just pay attention to different stuff.. we have differing tastes.. you ride real fucking hard for your fighters I seent it before.. it's cool but just as my "hate" blinds me your "love" is doing the same.. I don't see Mayweather making the fight choices he could to really cement the legacy he's capable of.. Let's see him step in against Angula* for example... he could whoop Alfredo's* ass easily but he won't.. he doesn't let fights like that happen...

*again substitute for the fight matchup of your choice

fuck you shouldn't get upset at all... hell the whole point of calling the guy a hobo is more about upsetting all the little folks on his dick.. it ain't that serious...

someone doesn't have to be the best boxer in the world to put on a great fight and show... I pay plenty of attention.. and speaking of paying attention; instead of arguing over this dead horse why don't you think on some scorecard robberies you remember and help me build that list of judges like you said you would in 2011

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 04:09 PM

101. "Did you just say Floyd is ducking Alfredo Angulo? "
In response to Reply # 98

??????

(C)Keith Murray, "

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 04:36 PM

102. "lol"
In response to Reply # 101

I'm making shit up.. hypothetical... watch that shit happen though.

seriously this is a dead horse

you seem to feel the need to discredit the subjectivity of my boxing experience and interests.. that's fine.. you can carry on following PPV numbers and arguing about big fights that are imo boring.. I'll keep watching competitive matches between lesser known fighters..

seriously it's healthy to not agree on this shit.. but Floyd ain't boxing as a whole so let's step back from the ledge.. you gonna be productive and offer up something for that Judge poast or are we just gonna end up having another pissing contest over which one of us is a real fan of the sport and who has their head up their ass?

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 07:24 PM

103. "To each his own. But "Floyd doesn't love boxing" is a lie"
In response to Reply # 102

YOU SAID that is why you didn't like him.

You also said he isn't gracious and a good sportsmen
to any other boxers.

THAT is a lie.

You got caught in two lies, because you're not paying
attention or watching.

You can hate Floyd and acknowledge that his dedication
to boxing is unparalleled.

(C)Keith Murray, "

abstractionism
Member since Nov 20th 2009
320 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 10:34 PM

104. "and the winner of the pissing contest is..............."
In response to Reply # 103

vee-lover
Member since Jul 30th 2007
20388 posts
Sun Mar-17-13 11:44 PM

105. "RE: no"

>>
>>you loud but wrong guy.
>
>what *boxing* reason is there to dislike floyd

As a fight fan, the one (glaring) thing you can dislike abt Floyd the fighter is him NEVER beating any great fighter and downright avoided others in their prime...and for someone who loudly professes himself to be the "GOAT," I expect him to back it up by taking on all comers which isn't too much to ask. Once he became Boxing's cash cow, his focus became more abt his financial interest when it came to who he would and wouldn't fight vs the fight(er)s that would present the toughest matchup. Funny thing is, Floyd was/is at that plateau in the sport (post Dela Hoya particularly) where he could've done both.

grassrootsphilosopher

AlBundy
9621 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 10:43 PM

62. "well thought out reply"
In response to Reply # 32

michaelo
Charter member
7935 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 09:41 PM

60. "RE: Brilliant"
In response to Reply # 28

floyd is a great boxer. a defensive genius. his style has worked for him obviously. but it is not for me. you want me to suck his dick like you do, but i won't. why is that so hard for you to deal with OE???

i do have a reason to not like him. he's an asshole. and for me, that overshadows his skill and ability. i don't care how many turkeys he hands out. he's a dick. i mean....am i lying??

i know there are plenty of celebrities out there who are assholes as well. i don't like a lot of them either. and???

and again, wtf does chavez jr have to do with this conversation??

OHHHHHHHHH...i get it. i'm supposed to like him cuz we're both mexican!! now i'm following you.

we can have a chavez discussion in another thread if you want.

>I don't know him personally. I know of his legal
>trangressions.

i see. you must not watch 24/7, his bullshit youtube videos and his social media bullshit.

haha how the fk do you know how many people floyd has brought to the sport in the last decade??? c'mon dude. oscar has been there and done what floyd has done. oscar is floyd's boss. deal with it. if floyd was who he thinks he is in this sport, he wouldn't need golden boy or anybody else. so please.

as far as my gym, you don't know shit about my business or my members or why they come to my gym. so i'll save you some embarrassment there. *btw, you're still welcome anytime* how do you weigh any way?

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 09:26 AM

69. "Let me get this straight: "
In response to Reply # 60
Fri Mar-15-13 09:26 AM by Orbit_Established

When Floyd does things in the community, pays for
poor deceased fighter's funerals, and is considered
a nice guy by people who know him personally, that isn't
truly Floyd and you ignore that.

But you pay attention to youtube vidoes, 24/7 and him
posturing on social media? That is how you create a picture
of Floyd's personality?

Note: I don't know Floyd. Don't know if he's an "asshole"
or not. Don't care, really. I'm a fan of boxing. So I'm not
defending him.

But if you use social media and youtube videos, which are
designed to hype a fight, to create your picture of Floyd..
...then something is honestly wrong with you.

I think you need some help.

(C)Keith Murray, "

michaelo
Charter member
7935 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 04:05 PM

99. "i'm gonna make an appt today..."
In response to Reply # 69
Fri Mar-15-13 04:06 PM by michaelo

to get checked out. thanks for that advice OE.

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 12:40 PM

29. "FUCKING RIGHT!"
In response to Reply # 21

by that logic i suppose you're riding for
>floyd and his crackhead dad and uncle so hard cuz they're
>black??

u mad?

ChuckNeal
Member since Feb 03rd 2004
5458 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 08:46 AM

22. "Lol"

>
>I wish people were Pacquiao fans, and that explained
>the vitriol.
>
>Trendone is Filipino, so he's just mad, and I respect that,
>but he's mad at Floyd for stuff that has nothing to do with
>Pacquiao at this stage. He just wants Floyd to
>lose...because.
>
>And Michaelo is Mexican, has no reason to dislike Floyd
>whatsoever. Like, none at all. Floyd done gave Marquez,
>Ortiz and now Guerrero their biggest paydays ever (at the
>time they fought Floyd).
>
>And everyone else is just....mad, for some other reason.
>
>I will say that Southphillyman has mostly shut his mouth
>since the Pacquiao knockout. He won't outright concede
>an L but his tone is mad somber on here and he don't drum
>up controversy.
>
>Its an embarrassment
>

TRENDone
Charter member
15616 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 12:27 PM

27. "man, I didn't even bring up Pacquiao or race, but..."

I'm from the Bay too. I rep for Ward, Guerrero, and for Donaire too. I don't like Mayweather but he's the man in the ring, period. I respect JMM cuz he knocked the fuck out of Manny.

At least y'all "boxing experts" respect Donaire. He's doing his best to pay homage to Pacquiao while creating his own brand that's VERY DIFFERENT from Pacquiao, when in the past 40 years, there's only been 2 filipino names in boxing that matter.

With all the legendary black fighters to draw influence from, Broner is straight up copying Floyd's blueprint and y'all are eating it up. Bravo.

Kawhi Leonard
Marshall Faulk
Tony Gwynn (RIP)

#Aztec4Life

Vex_id
Charter member
65620 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 02:06 PM

36. "here's where you drift awry: "
In response to Reply # 27
Thu Mar-14-13 02:06 PM by Vex_id

>With all the legendary black fighters to draw influence from,
>Broner is straight up copying Floyd's blueprint and y'all are
>eating it up. Bravo.

Those in boxing who give Broner props do so precisely because
of what he is doing *in* the ring. If people are "eating up" anything,
they are eating up the scintillating performances he has put on thus far,
particularly against a war-tested Tony Demarco. Regardless of one's
opinion of his personality and outside the ring tomfoolery, that shouldn't
and mustn't blind a boxing observer from appreciating his application
the sport where it actually matters, inside the ring.

-->

TRENDone
Charter member
15616 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 02:43 PM

39. "yet you don't talk about his lack of footwork"
In response to Reply # 36
Thu Mar-14-13 02:48 PM by TRENDone

or average wingspan. him and berto or whoever tries to emulate floyd's shoulder roll need to stop because they don't have the wingspan like floyd. all the people broner have fought are nobodies dude. broner does have a nice inside game, tho.

Kawhi Leonard
Marshall Faulk
Tony Gwynn (RIP)

#Aztec4Life

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 04:56 PM

49. "Demarco was a "nobody?" Interesting. "
In response to Reply # 39

>or average wingspan. him and berto or whoever tries to
>emulate floyd's shoulder roll need to stop because they don't
>have the wingspan like floyd. all the people broner have
>fought are nobodies dude. broner does have a nice inside
>game, tho.

He was the lightweight champion, one of the rising
stars in the sport.

Broner made short work of him specifically because of his
technique and hard work.

(C)Keith Murray, "

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 07:48 PM

56. "Love Broner... had him losing to Ponce tho..."
In response to Reply # 36

speaking of... the fucking undercard for this Floyd fight has me more hype than the main card... sheeheebus .... gonna be fire.

JAESCOTT777
Member since Feb 18th 2006
28487 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 08:36 AM

20. "Floyd pretty much contra spreadgun'd that nigga w/ this:"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Mar-14-13 08:37 AM by JAESCOTT777

>Last time I checked, we’re all God's children. When one fighter is facing another fighter, God don’t choose sides. What’s going to happen in life is going to happen. Everything is already planned out…I ain't never seen a pastor boxing. I ain't never seen a reverend boxing. I say a prayer that my opponent lives to fight another day and I live to fight another day. You got these guys trying to hurt a man on Saturday and then going to praise the Lord on Sunday.”

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 10:46 AM

23. "I hope these future fights are as good as the trash talk"
In response to Reply # 0

Vex_id
Charter member
65620 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 11:14 AM

25. "Mayweather's swipe at Ward was unnecessary."
In response to Reply # 0

Thought Ward handled it well.

-->

veritas
37201 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 04:54 PM

48. "agreed, but as swipes go?"
In response to Reply # 25

nothing too serious.

i still blame hip-hop.

Kungset
Member since Mar 29th 2004
6426 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 05:07 PM

51. "Yeah seems like a wash cuz both sides got good (and factual) shots in"
In response to Reply # 25

But on balance it's a Floyd L for being so miffed in the first place

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 01:22 PM

30. "#HOBO"
In response to Reply # 0

bentagain
16595 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 01:33 PM

31. "This post will be more entertaining than the fight"
In response to Reply # 0

michaelo
Charter member
7935 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 09:22 PM

59. "andre ward's twitter"
In response to Reply # 0

@danrafaelespn Lil Floyd says he spars middleweights. He is the only man I will sacrifice coming to 160 for. He won't take that bait!! #SOG

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Thu Mar-14-13 10:19 PM

61. "Floyd is a bitch if he don't fight Ward, quite honestly. "
In response to Reply # 59

He's obviously scared

AlBundy
9621 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 02:43 AM

65. "lol@ "sacrifice""

sacrifice to fight a guy who walks around 15 lbs less than you

JAESCOTT777
28487 posts
Mon Mar-18-13 01:24 PM

107. "like floyd did to Marquez?"
In response to Reply # 65

AlBundy
9621 posts
Tue Mar-19-13 01:40 AM

108. "Marquez walks around at 135?"
In response to Reply # 107

JAESCOTT777
28487 posts
Tue Mar-19-13 10:02 AM

109. "presently no but when they fought you cant tell me Floyd wasnt"
In response to Reply # 108
Tue Mar-19-13 10:02 AM by JAESCOTT777

at least 15 lbs heavier than him

BLACK_ADAM
4791 posts
Tue Mar-19-13 10:43 AM

110. "Quick Question...What Weight class did Ward begin his career?"
In response to Reply # 107

Meanwhile:

What are you asking again?

JAESCOTT777
28487 posts
Tue Mar-19-13 12:57 PM

111. "the same "sacrifice" y'all clown ward for proposing"
In response to Reply # 110

>Meanwhile:
>
>What are you asking again?

Floyd LITERALLY made the same "sacrifice" when he fought a smaller man in juan manuel marquez who already came up 2 weight classes to fight him and was obviously smaller and at least 15 lbs lighter than him on fight night.

The #moneyteam didnt clown that..y'all didnt say shit
just threw roses at his feet

but now Ward who fights at 160 throws out a somewhat similar scenario
and you and ol boy act like its a ridiculous statement nevermind the fact he did the EXACT same thing w/ marquez.

(Floyd has been fighting at 154 for years now. He could meet him at a catch weight pretty easy. im not saying he should but its not a crazy im sure floyd walks around at about 158-160 anyway, im jussayin)

im no Floyd hater he is the best i ever seen, i just think his resume/fight choices are questionable at best compared to others

Floyd stans bother me cause yall got too many double standards

BLACK_ADAM
4791 posts
Tue Mar-19-13 01:30 PM

112. "Nah B... Not even close..."
In response to Reply # 111

>Floyd LITERALLY made the same "sacrifice" when he fought a
>smaller man in juan manuel marquez who already came up 2
>weight classes to fight him and was obviously smaller and at
>least 15 lbs lighter than him on fight night.

^^^Are you serious? They documented that dude paid a penalty for 2lbs. Didn't he break his ribs? 15lbs seems an awfully ridiculous assumption. That dude has never gained 15lbs in one day in any fight he's been in... You're going to have to show me that graphic.

>The #moneyteam didnt clown that..y'all didnt say shit
>just threw roses at his feet

^^^?????????

>but now Ward who fights at 160 throws out a somewhat similar
>scenario
>and you and ol boy act like its a ridiculous statement
>nevermind the fact he did the EXACT same thing w/ marquez.

^^^Ward competed at the Olympics as a Middleweight. He competes prfossionally at SuperMiddleweight. He *SHEDS* weight to compete at SuperMiddleweight

...Conversely MArquez and Mayweather respectively entered their professional careers at Feather (126lbs) and SuperFeatherweight(130lbs)...That is a far cry from a career Middleweight (160lbs) who now competes at SuperMiddleweight(168lbs) who has to *SHED* weight to ply his trade.

>(Floyd has been fighting at 154 for years now. He could meet
>him at a catch weight pretty easy. im not saying he should but
>its not a crazy im sure floyd walks around at about 158-160
>anyway, im jussayin)

^^^He's had two fights at 154. Both times he did not make the minimum weight and had to gain weight for at least one of those outings. I'm not sure what his weight was when he was released from his prison stint. The word is that he wasn't eating...

>im no Floyd hater he is the best i ever seen, i just think his
>resume/fight choices are questionable at best compared to
>others

^^^Cool.. You're entitled to your opinion...but the

Ward:Mayweather::Mayweather:Marquez is not a good analogy by any stretch of your imagination.

>Floyd stans bother me cause yall got too many double standards

^^^I guess that's their problem but this standard your trotting out doesn't hold water man....

JAESCOTT777
28487 posts
Tue Mar-19-13 02:06 PM

113. "RE: Nah B... Not even close..."
In response to Reply # 112

>
>^^^Are you serious? They documented that dude paid a penalty
>for 2lbs. Didn't he break his ribs? 15lbs seems an awfully
>ridiculous assumption. That dude has never gained 15lbs in
>one day in any fight he's been in... You're going to have to
>show me that graphic.

im going on fight night. Floyd was much bigger in that fight. he looked like a middle weight in there with a lightweight. The fight night weight i dont believe were ever released.

>
>

>^^^?????????
>
>

>
>
>^^^Ward competed at the Olympics as a Middleweight. He
>competes prfossionally at SuperMiddleweight. He *SHEDS*
>weight to compete at SuperMiddleweight
>
>...Conversely MArquez and Mayweather respectively entered
>their professional careers at Feather (126lbs) and
>SuperFeatherweight(130lbs)...That is a far cry from a career
>Middleweight (160lbs) who now competes at
>SuperMiddleweight(168lbs) who has to *SHED* weight to ply his
>trade.

ok fair enough

>
>

>^^^He's had two fights at 154. Both times he did not make the
>minimum weight and had to gain weight for at least one of
>those outings. I'm not sure what his weight was when he was
>released from his prison stint. The word is that he wasn't
>eating...

after i typed that i saw i was wrong on the weight. I was thinking of Welter weight in general.

>
>

BLACK_ADAM
4791 posts
Tue Mar-19-13 02:46 PM

114. "All I know is dude never gained that much in a day in any fight.."
In response to Reply # 113

...that would be a serious outlier if true...

You can call that dude a whole lot of shit but cheater isn't one of them.

I feel you though... Cats in general go overboard with their man crushes when it comes to sports...particularly boxing. Floyd can be a very difficult cat to like but acumen trumps a whole lot of that bluster...and most times that shit is for show...

It does seem that he does have an incredible overabundance of haters though... Most of the discrepancies can be easily explained...but try to explain 'em and you're labelled a "stan"...

Go figure...

Just goes to show you though... Dude did get in his feelings somewhat about *how* folks choose to claim God.

Cats ran to the presses ready to manufacture steak, burgers and fries...

That dude finna make a whole lot more money before this is said and done. Hatred serves a purpose. You almost want dude to lose so he can finally be appreciated. That'll never be enough for some folks though...

Maybe he should fight Ward....

southphillyman
90059 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 08:38 AM

66. "he'd be better off trying talk canelo into a Sept. 14th date"

floyd wouldn't touch ward with a 10 foot pole even if they were in the same division
there's really no upside for anyone that's noteworthy to get in the ring with SOG right now
it's basically a guaranteed ass whupping

~~~~~~

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 09:22 AM

68. "LMAO. Now we done resorted to science fiction to hate on Floyd"
In response to Reply # 66
Fri Mar-15-13 09:22 AM by Orbit_Established

>floyd wouldn't touch ward with a 10 foot pole even if they
>were in the same division

And are cysing light heavyweights to hate on Floyd

bwahhhahahahhahhahahahahaahahhahaahhaah

I'm about to call for a communal boxing hug

Seriously

Y'all lives can't be *this* sad

(C)Keith Murray, "

BLACK_ADAM
4791 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 02:21 PM

96. "Andre Ward wants no trouble... He has no problem with Floyd"

He makes it clear here:

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14065.html

Can someone swipe this?

He makes it clear that he is on board for Mayweather vs. Guerrero and that he likes this fight.

He also makes it clear that the press blew this out of proportion...with the exact quote and the exact way you are doing right now Big Mike..

Geek down Bruh.... Thy hate is STRONG!!!!!!!

LOL! What's up man? You watching the Bradley fight this weekend?

michaelo
Charter member
7935 posts
Fri Mar-15-13 04:09 PM

100. "well i didn't update Andre's twitter account for him...."
In response to Reply # 96

so idk what they're trying to play up or down.

to your question: watch tim bradley fight???

i'd rather watch a john ruiz fight.

BLACK_ADAM
4791 posts
Mon Mar-18-13 09:14 AM

106. "Of course you didn't..."
In response to Reply # 100

>so idk what they're trying to play up or down.

^^^read the article...you'll see...

>to your question: watch tim bradley fight???
>
>i'd rather watch a john ruiz fight.

^^^Man listen.... The fight was exciting and dumb..like most folks like it. Nobody seems to care that the man can actually box and it was proven on Saturday. The dumber you box..the more they love you. Too bad Bradley doesn't love himself and he stopped boxing when it was most crucial for him to do so... So now he has new fans and upped the likelihood of brain damage for his troubled soul..

...just like y'all like it...

LOL at *John Ruiz*... "You a wild boy!" - M. Lawrence

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2146924 Previous topic | Next topic