Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2142757

Subject: "Worst Yankees Offseason Since 1993" Previous topic | Next topic
Melanism
Charter member
20450 posts
Wed Mar-06-13 08:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Worst Yankees Offseason Since 1993"

A-Rod out possibly for the year
Granderson out 8-10 with a broken forearm
Texiera out 8-10 with strained right wrist
Our big offseason acquisitions were Hafner and Youkilis

This is going to be a long season.
-------------------
http://blog.melanism.com
http://twitter.com/Melanism
http://seanlovesthis.tumblr.com
http://www.formspring.me/seanathan
http://www.last.fm/user/Melanism
http://www.flickr.com/photos/meldotcom/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Welcome to the real world
Mar 06th 2013
BOO-FUCKING-HOO
Mar 06th 2013
still will find a way to get that Jewlery
Mar 06th 2013
even your GM is banged up
Mar 07th 2013
LOL
Mar 25th 2013
29 million HA
Mar 07th 2013
any other year i wouldn't be concerned
Mar 07th 2013
yep, stil think Yanks can win 90+, question this year is that enough?
Mar 07th 2013
i think 91-92 wins this division. its way to much competition
Mar 07th 2013
yup our div is crazy
Mar 07th 2013
RE: Worst Yankees Offseason Since 1993
Mar 07th 2013
Vernon Wells? He can't be the best possible option.
Mar 25th 2013
RE: Vernon Wells? He can't be the best possible option.
Mar 25th 2013
I usually always agree with Cashman's band-aid moves, but not this 1
Mar 26th 2013
More reason why Knicks better do something in the playoffs
Mar 25th 2013
on the positive side
Mar 25th 2013
the roids making granderson brittle?
Mar 26th 2013
err.....he was hit in the hand by a pitch
Mar 26th 2013
Granderson has no sign whatsoever of using roids
Mar 26th 2013
      The guy who broke the Melky story recently nodded at Granderson
Mar 26th 2013
           there was a story about cano being suspended last year
Mar 26th 2013
                That's well beyond reasonable
Mar 26th 2013
                     I did hear about that dude but am not counting that in any way at all
Apr 01st 2013
The New Yorker : April 8, 2013
Apr 01st 2013
Wow, that seems a little off-topic for The New Yorker
Apr 01st 2013
though comical, Jeter was an mvp cand. last year and Rivera may still
Apr 01st 2013

cyrus
Charter member
1006 posts
Wed Mar-06-13 08:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Welcome to the real world"
In response to Reply # 0

That feeling you have where you know it's not going to be a good year? And that it's not looking too good after that? That's what it feels like to root for almost every other baseball team almost every other year. Get ready for the schadenfreude.

blueeclipse
Member since Apr 12th 2009
1855 posts
Wed Mar-06-13 10:02 PM

2. "BOO-FUCKING-HOO"
In response to Reply # 0

This is almost as bad as the woe is us Lakers posts. I hope they don't win shit for a while. I can't stand this entitled shit. Welcome to the real world. You can't always go out and get the best players in the league and brush off your shoulders. Sometimes dudes get hurt. Sometimes you go into a season knowing it's gonna suck and hoping for the best.

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Wed Mar-06-13 10:41 PM

3. "still will find a way to get that Jewlery"
In response to Reply # 0

spring training don't mean a thing speak on it in september/october

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

JayEmm
Member since Feb 06th 2004
3299 posts
Thu Mar-07-13 12:42 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "even your GM is banged up"
In response to Reply # 0

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27115 posts
Mon Mar-25-13 03:33 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 4

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Thu Mar-07-13 04:59 AM

5. "29 million HA"
In response to Reply # 0

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

bleekgilliam_420
Charter member
7357 posts
Thu Mar-07-13 06:43 AM

6. "any other year i wouldn't be concerned "
In response to Reply # 0

bc even with a slow start they would only have to battle against a combo of the sox and rays to win the divison. now you have the the o's, rays, and blue jays all confident that they can win this thing. we just have the hope the pitching staff pitches lights out in april to keep them afloat early.

---------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/malael

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Mar-07-13 10:07 AM

7. "yep, stil think Yanks can win 90+, question this year is that enough?"
In response to Reply # 6

bleekgilliam_420
Charter member
7357 posts
Thu Mar-07-13 10:27 AM

8. "i think 91-92 wins this division. its way to much competition"
In response to Reply # 7

i dont think this is a 90 win team, but i think they will get in the high 80's and get that last wild card spot.

RaFromQueens
Member since Apr 18th 2006
19528 posts
Thu Mar-07-13 10:36 AM

9. "yup our div is crazy"
In response to Reply # 6

---
"People that need positivity around them all the time are weak individuals in my book" - @lilduval

adam
Member since Jul 15th 2006
2188 posts
Thu Mar-07-13 11:37 AM

10. "RE: Worst Yankees Offseason Since 1993"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah, it'll be somewhat interesting to see how the handle the next two years while trying to get under the tax. They're going to be some pretty different looking Yankees teams from the recent past. And the AL East is just nuts right now.

The most disappointing thing for me is the positions the Yankees have injuries at right now aren't the ones where they have some of their top prospects. If the regulars aren't going to play, I'd be much more interested in watching some younger prospects start than, say, Dan Johnson and Juan Rivera, or whoever is about to start the year.

Melanism
Charter member
20450 posts
Mon Mar-25-13 03:27 PM

11. "Vernon Wells? He can't be the best possible option."
In response to Reply # 0

-------------------
http://blog.melanism.com
http://twitter.com/Melanism
http://seanlovesthis.tumblr.com
http://www.formspring.me/seanathan
http://www.last.fm/user/Melanism
http://www.flickr.com/photos/meldotcom/

adam
Member since Jul 15th 2006
2188 posts
Mon Mar-25-13 04:13 PM

13. "RE: Vernon Wells? He can't be the best possible option."
In response to Reply # 11

Nope. Unless Wells has secretly practiced playing shortstop for years and is now ready to let people know, I don't see how it helps all that much.

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Tue Mar-26-13 10:50 AM

16. "I usually always agree with Cashman's band-aid moves, but not this 1"
In response to Reply # 11

a .220 hitter who's just playing out his contract... it's pathetic that the Yankees don't have anyone in the minors who can provide the same production for a 1/10th of the cost

Starks dunked on Bulls
Member since Dec 07th 2011
12028 posts
Mon Mar-25-13 04:21 PM

14. "More reason why Knicks better do something in the playoffs"
In response to Reply # 0

After basketball wont be no more sports for a while

Yanks not lookin good
Jets never look good

Ugh *sighs*

DeepAztheRoot
Member since Dec 19th 2003
13992 posts
Mon Mar-25-13 05:37 PM

15. "on the positive side"
In response to Reply # 0

even if Boston and New York are bringing up the rear, ESPN will still broadcast all the games* they can infuriating the rest of the baseball fanbase

*with small interruptions for Cards/Cubs, and Dodgers/Giants

<-Fear Ameer

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35254 posts
Tue Mar-26-13 10:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "the roids making granderson brittle?"
In response to Reply # 0

bleekgilliam_420
Charter member
7357 posts
Tue Mar-26-13 11:43 AM

18. "err.....he was hit in the hand by a pitch"
In response to Reply # 17

thats what we are calling brittle now?

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Tue Mar-26-13 11:59 AM

19. "Granderson has no sign whatsoever of using roids"
In response to Reply # 17

Walleye
Charter member
15522 posts
Tue Mar-26-13 12:06 PM

20. "The guy who broke the Melky story recently nodded at Granderson"
In response to Reply # 19

Ditto Cano, ARod, and Braun.

Said all will be suspended this season. That's not worth the paper it's printed on. And, actually, it's not printed on paper. But a guy who seems to have a source (or is just a really lucky and boring guesser because Melky Cabrera) with the league said something. Which is less than a real something but more than nothing. Unless it isn't.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/robinson-cano-alex-rodriguez-curtis-granderson-and-ryan-braun-might-face-50-game-ped-related-suspensions-this-season/

Report: Robinson Cano, Alex Rodriguez, Curtis Granderson, And Ryan Braun Might Face 50-Game PED-Related Suspensions This Season
by SportsGrid Staff | 9:51 pm, March 4th, 2013

Consider this the bombshell before the bombshell, should this prophecy eventually come true. Joe Bisceglie from Dog And Pony Show tweeted Monday afternoon that four of baseball’s biggest bats, including three New York Yankees and two formerly implicated players, will each be slapped with 50-game first-offense PED suspensions. They are, of course, Robinson Cano, Alex Rodriguez, Curtis Granderson, and Ryan Braun.

Joe Bisceglie @joebisceglie

Anonymous Source: Cano, Granderson, A-Rod and Braun will all be suspended for failing PED test this season.
7:41 PM - 04 Mar 13

You’d be inclined to be skeptical, and for fair reason — Bisceglie doesn’t name his source. This kind of story is explosive, and deserves tender care before people start going on witch hunts and throwing names out there with no rationale. But consider this: Bisceglie correctly prognosticated that Melky Cabrera would be suspended last season for a failed PED test almost a month before his suspension came.

My sources tell me that Melky Cabrera will be suspended soon for violation of MLB's PED policy
3:47 PM - 18 Jul 12

That tweet was from July 18; the suspension came on Aug. 15. Bisceglie was understandably sour about the haters (can’t get no respect with no sources, dude), but to his credit, he’s been right about this thing before, the Nostra Damus of steroids, if you will.

RE: our breaking news on DAPS. I totally get the reluctance to believe us, this news is gigantic and we are the only ones to report it.
8:58 PM - 04 Mar 13

We were as shocked as you guys are by it. All we ask is that you remember where you heard it first when ESPN "breaks this" in 4 weeks.
8:59 PM - 04 Mar 13

Now, we can’t do much with this information right now, but just remember you heard about it, and to not be surprised if and when these players are suspended. And if it’s true, it is going to be a big bruise on the game, one we really felt in our heart of hearts hadn’t gone away when the Bondses, Clemenses, and McGwires retired. The Steroid Era reincarnate? Maybe. Just maybe.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

bleekgilliam_420
Charter member
7357 posts
Tue Mar-26-13 12:52 PM

21. "there was a story about cano being suspended last year"
In response to Reply # 20

and dude that made the claim had to issue an apology bc it was false. this is the 1st time that i have heard grandy linked to steroids. nothing surprises me anymore about this stuff. at the same time, i'll believe it for those two when its officially announced.

Walleye
Charter member
15522 posts
Tue Mar-26-13 12:57 PM

22. "That's well beyond reasonable"
In response to Reply # 21

I had forgotten this "story" entirely until he said "no sign whatsoever". There is a sign. Some guy who had a source for the Melky thing has one for Granderson too. Less than something, more than nothing.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Mon Apr-01-13 12:16 PM

25. "I did hear about that dude but am not counting that in any way at all"
In response to Reply # 22

dude is throwing shit at the wall

JayEmm
Member since Feb 06th 2004
3299 posts
Mon Apr-01-13 09:22 AM

23. "The New Yorker : April 8, 2013"
In response to Reply # 0

http://i.imgur.com/uTwOhSM.jpg

oh that's good

Frank Mackey
Member since May 23rd 2006
2903 posts
Mon Apr-01-13 10:24 AM

24. "Wow, that seems a little off-topic for The New Yorker"
In response to Reply # 23

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Mon Apr-01-13 12:17 PM

26. "though comical, Jeter was an mvp cand. last year and Rivera may still"
In response to Reply # 23

be a top 3 closer in the game

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2142757 Previous topic | Next topic