Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2140775

Subject: "Mon.Fun Post: realistic NBA Playoff matchups you want to see" Previous topic | Next topic
ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43353 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 09:09 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Mon.Fun Post: realistic NBA Playoff matchups you want to see"

By realistic I just mean its possible it happens given the remaining games and how teams are playing.

I dont wanna see John Wall and the Wiz vs The Heat in the first round or Clippers vs OKC in round 1 because it would be fun.

The 8 playoff teams in the East are pretty locked in. The seeding is still tbd in the middle, but I dont think Philly is gonna be able to challenge for a spot. So as of today we have

1. Mia
2. Indy (-6.5)
3. NYK (-7.5)
4. ATL (-10.5)
5. Chi (-10.5)
6. BK (-10.5)
7. Bos (-12.5)
8. Mil (-14)

9. Philly (-20.5)

Mil is getting hot and guys like Ilyasova started ballin again. JJ adds a "safer" option for games when lil god is gunning. I wouldnt mind seeing a Mil vs Heat 1st rd. I think MIL size near the rim and multiple options on offense could win them a game or two vs the Heat. Theyve played them well this season with 2 more games to go.

But of course the more fun matchup is Bos vs Mia rd 1.
Mil vs Indy would be a good clash of styles.
Then that BK vs NYK playoff series would be fire.
ATL vs Chi....ehhhhhh

In the west I'd say we have 9 teams (10 if I want to be generous and include Portland vying for 8 spots. SA has a nice lead on 2 and 3 but with Parker down can they hold it? After that Den and Memphis will probably duke it out for homecourt in the 4/5. Then Den is separated from the 6 seed GS by 5 games.

1. SA
2. OKC (-3)
3. LAC (-4.5_
4. Mem (-6.5)
5. Den (-8.5)
6. GS (-13.5)
7. Utah (-14)
8. Hou (-14)

9. LAL (-16.5)
10 Portland (-18.5)

I think most people agree that the team nobody really wants to see in the playoffs are the Jazz. No fan base outside the state and no agendas unless you count RBO Kanter love. I can actually see GS falling out even with their nice home schedule down the stretch though.

as a Rockets fan Id prefer to play SA or OKC over the Clippers. The Clippers are a terrible matchup for us. We can have close games with OKC or SA even if we got swept. Cleppers would sweep and destroy us in every game.

For rivalry sake im down playing the Spurs, but the big agenda series would be OKC vs Hou.

That would leave the American "Classico" SA vs LAL.

Would love to see the GS vs LAC rivalry pick up in the playoffs..doubt GS hold onto 6, so we'd need LAC to move up.

Then that Den vs Memphis series is gonna be a trea--a great clash of styles--that may come down to whether or not Den can go get homecourt.

If Utah stays in they give the Spurs trouble. They dont match up well vs the Clippers. I think they play OKC decent.

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Knicks/Bulls first round, WITH Rose
Mar 04th 2013
Really? Id rather see BK
Mar 04th 2013
      i just want to party on knick fans
Mar 04th 2013
BK vs NYK
Mar 04th 2013
Knicks vs. Nets
Mar 04th 2013
Spurs swept the Jazz last year in the offs. They haven't gotten
Mar 04th 2013
If the Turkish Bull is playing...I'm watching the Jazz. Want no parts..
Mar 04th 2013
Same, I want that rematch
Mar 04th 2013
Clippers v Lakers
Mar 04th 2013
realistic
Mar 04th 2013
      I almost called it out but its still possible
Mar 04th 2013
           for the sake of the post, this would be a terrible matchup
Mar 04th 2013
The Sixers shouldnt even be listed, they might as well be mathematically
Mar 04th 2013
Golden State vs. Clips
Mar 04th 2013
There's 3-4 I think would be fun but the west are the ones I wanna see m...
Mar 04th 2013
i think we gon see nyk bk 4/5 matchup smh
Mar 04th 2013
how many teams can win the title? i've got two or three
Mar 04th 2013
I still would take odds on the Clippers
Mar 04th 2013
      yup...
Mar 04th 2013
I totally expect Miami to beat Indiana but I'm still intrigued by it
Mar 04th 2013

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 09:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Knicks/Bulls first round, WITH Rose"
In response to Reply # 0

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

ShawndmeSlanted
43353 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 09:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Really? Id rather see BK"
In response to Reply # 1

but thats cause I dont wanna see BK play anybody else. Theyre boring as shit except vs NYK.

But you want the Knicks to lose round 1 so I see you.

---

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 09:14 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "i just want to party on knick fans"
In response to Reply # 2

win or lose that series, knick fans would be scared as shit. and they might very well win, given we don't know what state Rose would be in.

also, yeah, chi v. ny is always good theater/comedy.

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

B.J.S.301
Member since Nov 30th 2005
7074 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 09:19 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "BK vs NYK "
In response to Reply # 0

Only series worth watching in the east...at least in the first round...

I am hoping for some Knicks vs Indy type rivalry...But we shall see...

BK don't seem to have it in them to beat out the Knicks though. I don't see them lasting 7 games.

Starks dunked on Bulls
Member since Dec 07th 2011
12028 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 09:36 AM

5. "Knicks vs. Nets"
In response to Reply # 0

85SOUTH
Member since Mar 09th 2003
6625 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 09:43 AM

6. "Spurs swept the Jazz last year in the offs. They haven't gotten "
In response to Reply # 0

any better since then.

☻☻☻☻☻☻☻

not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4...

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 09:51 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "If the Turkish Bull is playing...I'm watching the Jazz. Want no parts.."
In response to Reply # 0

otherwise.

>state and no agendas unless you count RBO Kanter love. I can
>actually see GS falling out even with their nice home schedule
>down the stretch though.

I love watching the Grizz play. And hope they rock with the Clipps.

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

guru0509
Charter member
45358 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 10:00 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "Same, I want that rematch"
In response to Reply # 7

>I love watching the Grizz play. And hope they rock with the
>Clipps.

melmag
Charter member
18469 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 09:54 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "Clippers v Lakers"
In response to Reply # 0

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts

9. "realistic "
In response to Reply # 8

ShawndmeSlanted
43353 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 10:11 AM

12. "I almost called it out but its still possible"
In response to Reply # 9

Clippers could get to a #1 and Lakers 8

or maybe more realistic

2 Clippers/7 LAL

---

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 11:00 AM

19. "for the sake of the post, this would be a terrible matchup "
In response to Reply # 12

>
>2 Clippers/7 LAL

LAC would run through LAL as they have all season

anyone who's bothered to watch the LAC/GSW matchups all season knows that series would go at least 6 ... they would ultimately beat us, but we'd give them matchup problems the Lakers do not

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts

10. "The Sixers shouldnt even be listed, they might as well be mathematically"
In response to Reply # 0

eliminated & there's a far better chance they get passed by the next four teams behind them rather than catch the Bucks.

ISmashedYourBitch
Member since Nov 29th 2011
537 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 10:21 AM

13. "Golden State vs. Clips"
In response to Reply # 0

Knicks vs. Bos
Heat vs. Bulls

What I'd like to have right now is for all you fat, out of shape, small dick niggas to keep the noise down while I take my robe off and show all the ladies what a real man is supposed to look like (C) Ravishing Rick Rude

auragin_boi
Member since Aug 01st 2003
20939 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 10:30 AM

14. "There's 3-4 I think would be fun but the west are the ones I wanna see m..."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Mar-04-13 10:32 AM by auragin_boi

>1. Mia
>2. Indy (-6.5)
>3. NYK (-7.5)
>4. ATL (-10.5)
>5. Chi (-10.5)
>6. BK (-10.5)
>7. Bos (-12.5)
>8. Mil (-14)
>
>9. Philly (-20.5)

Heat/Bucks tho a mismatch would be kinda fun.
But NYK/BK has to happen.
I don't think we could beat the hawks in 7 without Rose tho I wouldn't put it past us. He WAS on the bench last night and dunked 4 times off stride in practice last week so maybe that's a good sign.

>1. SA
>2. OKC (-3)
>3. LAC (-4.5_
>4. Mem (-6.5)
>5. Den (-8.5)
>6. GS (-13.5)
>7. Utah (-14)
>8. Hou (-14)
>
>9. LAL (-16.5)
>10 Portland (-18.5)

This is where all the fun first rounders happen.
I want Utah to drop out of the playoffs and the lakers get #8, Hou to move up, Den and Mem to swap and everything else remain the same.

SA/LAL first rounder with a hobbled Parker is ripe for the upset. I already predicted LAL in the WCF, that's step 1. I'd hope it sends Timmy and/Manu into retirement so SA could 'officially' start rebuilding.

OKC/Hou has to happen just to see Wessy get tough with Harden and watch all of OKP fawn of the Westbrook/Lin matchup.

LAC/G-State would be fun just to watch the offenses go head up and Young Spice battle CP3. Clips prolly win in 5 but all those games would be fun.

Den/Mem...I want Den to have home court cuz they have one of the best HCA's in the bidness. And I'd want them to beat Mem in 6/7 games by running them outta the building. Mem plays good D and isn't very TO prone and Den's transition game is predicated off TO's which they are good at forcing. Watching the styles clash would be great but I think with HCA, Den would win. That would set up a nice Den/LAL 2nd rounder.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 10:38 AM

15. "i think we gon see nyk bk 4/5 matchup smh"
In response to Reply # 0

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 10:40 AM

16. "how many teams can win the title? i've got two or three"
In response to Reply # 0

realistically, it's the heat unless someone gets hurt, and maybe even if bosh or wade gets hurt. after all, that's what happened last year.

the only team that might give the full heat trouble is san antonio, just because of the execution factor and the fact that T5T, if healthy, can exploit the Heat's relative weakness against elite PGs. the thunder, the heat are just an awful matchup for them. the thunder absolutely cannot beat the heat...but can and probably will beat the spurs, although i don't think that's a given.

but back to the lecture at hand. if it's not the heat, i think it can only be the spurs or the thunder. no one else need apply.

----
bshelly

ShawndmeSlanted
43353 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 10:47 AM

18. "I still would take odds on the Clippers"
In response to Reply # 16

---

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 11:12 AM

20. "yup..."
In response to Reply # 18

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18387 posts
Mon Mar-04-13 10:44 AM

17. "I totally expect Miami to beat Indiana but I'm still intrigued by it"
In response to Reply # 0

The Pacers are going to try to bully and over-defend and I'm anxious to see how it fares in the Eastern Conference finals. It's going to be a physical 6 game win for the Heat...MAYBE 7...but I'm still cysed for it.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2140775 Previous topic | Next topic