Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2140107

Subject: "Top 5 Tony down" Previous topic | Next topic
hardware
Member since May 22nd 2007
42304 posts
Sat Mar-02-13 01:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Top 5 Tony down"

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/307921586801999872

Spurs say guard Tony Parker is expected to be out for approximately four weeks with a Grade 2 left ankle sprain.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Gary Neal Whoo Ride.
Mar 02nd 2013
Would love to see it, but I don't think he's got great handles...
Mar 02nd 2013
wrong, wrong and wrong
Mar 02nd 2013
      Cool out, I'm a Spurs fan too. I already stated that Neal doesn't
Mar 02nd 2013
Nando De Whoo Ride
Mar 02nd 2013
      manu might go off if he can stay on the court.
Mar 02nd 2013
           Yeah, it's plug-n-play when it comes to the Spurs.
Mar 02nd 2013
welp. Bron as MVP is a lock now
Mar 02nd 2013
Now?
Mar 02nd 2013
      imo Parker was in the conversation
Mar 02nd 2013
           he's in the conversation like "if it wasnt for Bron, Parker is MVP"
Mar 02nd 2013
                Durant tho.
Mar 03rd 2013
#ReleaseThePatty
Mar 02nd 2013

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86670 posts
Sat Mar-02-13 01:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Gary Neal Whoo Ride."
In response to Reply # 0

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Mignight Maruder
Member since Nov 30th 2003
7715 posts
Sat Mar-02-13 01:55 PM

2. "Would love to see it, but I don't think he's got great handles..."
In response to Reply # 1

His minutes will certainly increase, but I don't expect him to be bringing the ball up the court every possession like TP. It will be interesting to see how Pop tinkers with the line-up. Good news is that he will have plenty of time to recover for the playoffs. Bad news is, that lead on the Clips/Thunders is going to be in serious jeopardy and the Spurs really need that home court advantage (more so against the Thunder) if they want to make a serious run at the Championship.

FILF
Member since Jun 01st 2007
20180 posts
Sat Mar-02-13 02:43 PM

3. "wrong, wrong and wrong"
In response to Reply # 2
Sat Mar-02-13 02:46 PM by FILF

Neal has been battling a chronic calf strain for about half the season, which is why he has been in and out of the rotation. Pop has said he will hold him out until he's 100% b/c it keep reoccurring. Thus, there goes the Gary Neal whoo-ride. Even if he was health, Neal is a mediocre ball handler thus would have been a struggle...but Pop still insist on playing him at the point when he was healthy (ala the tragic Roger Mason Jr. backup PG experiment)b/c he LOVES shooters. With that said, De Colo has been getting the starting nod this season when Top5 has been inactive, so I wouldn't bet on it but he's probably starting next game. Patty Mills would be the primary backup by default but Manu will be the play-maker for the second unit. We might even witness a Corey Joseph's sighting straight out of the D-League.

The Spurs just finished a 9 game road trip 7-2 and have the best road record in the league & you're telling me they NEED home-court over anybody?!?!?!? Not to mention the Spurs core has more post-season experience than anyone in the league and Pop is still at the helms. (The only contender in the west that NEEDS home-court are the Nuggets, not the Clips, not the Thunder, not the Grizz)

WHAT'S GOOD *****? What's REALLY good?!?!????!!! Ha HA!
http://40.media.tumblr.com/d8e2daf9f3f37244cd05436bcdf05973/tumblr_mt4qibKq4c1rgam01o1_1280.png

Mignight Maruder
Member since Nov 30th 2003
7715 posts
Sat Mar-02-13 03:26 PM

5. "Cool out, I'm a Spurs fan too. I already stated that Neal doesn't"
In response to Reply # 3

have good handles (which you agreed with) and therefore won't be in contention to whoo-ride. Only thing he does better than Parker is shoot better from mid to long range jumpers. I've yet to see him drive the ball to the basket (or even attempt to) with the same authority and will as TP. If his hammy heals up, he will definitely see some more minutes (more so on the tail end of TP's departure). And knowing Pop, TP's minutes will be minimal when he returns. So I do think Neal will get more minutes when his body heals up (from my limited knowledge, I think it's a day to day thing).

If Neal isn't seeing increased minutes, then who is Pop plugging in there? Patty Mills? Joseph? Or will Manu (who's been battered more than any other Spur this year)handle the point more? Spurs will be okay down the stretch, but the wins won't come nearly as easy w/o TP imo.

The home court advantage is a big deal if they're playing OKC. Last year the Spurs got up 2 games at home then went to OKC and collapsed. I don't think it matters vs. anyone else but the Thunder.

Silologistix
Member since May 21st 2003
5198 posts
Sat Mar-02-13 03:08 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Nando De Whoo Ride"
In response to Reply # 1

Posters in High Griffinition.

Don't think-FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL! © Bruce Lee

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Sat Mar-02-13 04:52 PM

9. "manu might go off if he can stay on the court."
In response to Reply # 4

if there's any whooriding it will be night to night with neal, patty, and de colo

Silologistix
Member since May 21st 2003
5198 posts
Sat Mar-02-13 05:46 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "Yeah, it's plug-n-play when it comes to the Spurs."
In response to Reply # 9

They keep it simple: move the ball and rotate on defense.

Admittedly, I have both Parker and Ginobili on my fantasy squad so I'm hoping you're right about Manu going off.

Posters in High Griffinition.

Don't think-FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL! © Bruce Lee

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Sat Mar-02-13 04:28 PM

6. "welp. Bron as MVP is a lock now"
In response to Reply # 0

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86670 posts
Sat Mar-02-13 04:46 PM

7. "Now?"
In response to Reply # 6

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Sat Mar-02-13 10:59 PM

11. "imo Parker was in the conversation"
In response to Reply # 7

I mean if he had finished with the best record and playing as well as he was, why not?

guru0509
Charter member
45339 posts
Sat Mar-02-13 11:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "he's in the conversation like "if it wasnt for Bron, Parker is MVP""
In response to Reply # 11

..lol but I dont think he's a legitimate contender

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43736 posts
Sun Mar-03-13 12:12 AM

13. "Durant tho. "
In response to Reply # 12

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

Szabo
Member since Dec 16th 2007
2429 posts
Sat Mar-02-13 04:51 PM

8. "#ReleaseThePatty"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2140107 Previous topic | Next topic