Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2138679

Subject: "Can we give this man a round of applause?" Previous topic | Next topic
final_prospect82
Member since Mar 21st 2007
1358 posts
Wed Feb-27-13 07:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Can we give this man a round of applause?"
Wed Feb-27-13 07:19 PM by final_prospect82

One of the few NFL players that speaks his mind all the time and also supports his statements with examples.

Hopefully they don't do him like Terrance Howard and back burner his ass

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8996273/terrell-suggs-baltimore-ravens-says-other-31-teams-hate-new-england-patriots

Terrell Suggs says he isn't the only one who despises the New England Patriots.

Joining "The Big Show" on WEEI, Suggs said he "guarantees the other 31 teams hate the New England Patriots." The Baltimore Ravens star also said he doesn't feel the Patriots "respect anybody."

Suggs added that he feels that players who have played for the Patriots divulge stories of what's wrong with the organization, though he wouldn't offer details.

"The NFL is not very big," Suggs said on WEEI. "You think we don't talk to guys that have played for the New England Patriots, that have been on the New England Patriots that have been like, 'Oh, it's been like this.'

"It ain't just me. Why did Bart Scott say the same thing? You think it's just us? You think it's just got something to do with us? No. This is because we have inside information. We know."

Suggs also stood by comments and explained why he called the Patriots "the most arrogant p------ in the world" after the Ravens defeated New England in the AFC Championship Game this past January en route to winning the Super Bowl. Suggs took another jab at the Pats after the title game, telling them to "have fun in the Pro Bowl."

"Do I apologize for what I said? No. Do I mean what I said? Yeah," Suggs said. "Could I have worded it a little better? Probably, but the fact of the matter is you can't really consider it a rivalry because you have a few more championships than we do, but this has been steaming for a while."

Suggs brought up how the Patriots acted in 2007 when the teams met as why he doesn't like them. He also said the NFL took extra measures to accomodate Tom Brady after his season-ending knee injury in 2008.

"There was the whole invention of the Brady rule," he said. "Years before, I hit Drew Brees and I accidentally tore his knee up. No rule was made. Of all the quarterbacks in the NFL who got their knees blown out when they got hit -- Carson Palmer got his knee blown out -- but then one guy got hit and changed the whole rule for the NFL?"

Bad blood between Suggs and Brady isn't anything new.

In 2010, a season in which Brady was named NFL MVP, Suggs said he voted for Buffalo Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick over Brady for the Pro Bowl. He also called Brady's three Super Bowl titles "questionable" because of the "tuck rule" game in 2001 and the Spygate scandal that surfaced in 2007.

happiness is a mediocre standard for a middle class existence - S. Williams

I don't not like you because you have dumb ideas about the world, I don't like you because you have other people's dumb ideas about the world. - Rjcc

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
the guy who held a bottle of bleach over his wife & infant son?
Feb 27th 2013
i've never heard that story
Feb 27th 2013
it was two cases, he had a temporary restraining order & some sort of
Feb 27th 2013
Whoa, didnt know about this
Feb 27th 2013
grand opening grand closing.
Feb 27th 2013
That's violent...
Feb 28th 2013
per wikipedia
Feb 28th 2013
that turkey needs to shut up because if the patriots offered him a deal
Feb 27th 2013
This is how I picture you looking....
Feb 28th 2013
Nah, Pats never did my team no harm matteroffact
Feb 28th 2013
Who Cares? You just won the SuperBowl and you're still this mad
Feb 28th 2013
yeah, his crusade is getting weird.
Feb 28th 2013

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Wed Feb-27-13 07:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "the guy who held a bottle of bleach over his wife & infant son? "
In response to Reply # 0

then in a later incident dragged the same mother of his children alongside a moving vehicle while punching her intermittently as his two young children watched from inside the car?

Nah, let's not.

final_prospect82
Member since Mar 21st 2007
1358 posts
Wed Feb-27-13 07:46 PM

2. "i've never heard that story"
In response to Reply # 1

what happened with the case?

happiness is a mediocre standard for a middle class existence - S. Williams

I don't not like you because you have dumb ideas about the world, I don't like you because you have other people's dumb ideas about the world. - Rjcc

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Wed Feb-27-13 07:49 PM

3. "it was two cases, he had a temporary restraining order & some sort of"
In response to Reply # 2

probation but now they're back 'happily' married.

Starks dunked on Bulls
Member since Dec 07th 2011
12028 posts
Wed Feb-27-13 08:02 PM

5. "Whoa, didnt know about this"
In response to Reply # 1

>then in a later incident dragged the same mother of his
>children alongside a moving vehicle while punching her
>intermittently as his two young children watched from inside
>the car?
>
>Nah, let's not.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85066 posts
Wed Feb-27-13 08:47 PM

6. "grand opening grand closing."
In response to Reply # 1

<--- Big Baller World Order

B.J.S.301
Member since Nov 30th 2005
7074 posts
Thu Feb-28-13 10:25 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "That's violent..."
In response to Reply # 1

Just looked it up...Its actually kinda recent.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107329/article/terrell-suggs-girlfriend-claims-he-punched-her-in-neck

Umm...yeah definitely agree with that sentiment...

pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12493 posts
Thu Feb-28-13 10:59 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "per wikipedia"
In response to Reply # 1

that happened in Sept. 2012, and then they were married in December... wtf?

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Wed Feb-27-13 08:01 PM

4. "that turkey needs to shut up because if the patriots offered him a deal"
In response to Reply # 0

he would twist more than Chubby Checker to play for them.

and as a buffalo bills fan i don't know what to make of him picking ryan fitzpatrick over tom brady in anything. that is wrong,wrong.

i tell dude to hate the patriots and speak your mind, however don't get it twisted Brady is the baddest QB sho nuff.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

the_time_is_when_god...lounge
Member since Nov 19th 2012
5495 posts
Thu Feb-28-13 09:40 AM

7. "This is how I picture you looking...."
In response to Reply # 4

http://www.bizjournalismhistory.org/Ernie%20Holsendolph.jpg

--------
Twitter: _TheloniousFunk
Instagram: thelonious_funk_

IceburgSmurf
Member since May 17th 2008
4724 posts
Thu Feb-28-13 10:12 AM

8. "Nah, Pats never did my team no harm matteroffact"
In response to Reply # 0

i wish we played them every season!

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Thu Feb-28-13 10:27 AM

10. "Who Cares? You just won the SuperBowl and you're still this mad"
In response to Reply # 0

it's kind of sad actually

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12493 posts
Thu Feb-28-13 10:57 AM

11. "yeah, his crusade is getting weird."
In response to Reply # 0

>
>"There was the whole invention of the Brady rule," he said.
>"Years before, I hit Drew Brees and I accidentally tore his
>knee up. No rule was made. Of all the quarterbacks in the NFL
>who got their knees blown out when they got hit -- Carson
>Palmer got his knee blown out -- but then one guy got hit and
>changed the whole rule for the NFL?"

i'm not sure of the spthe brady rule makes absolute sense: attempt a clean tackle, don't specifically go after someone's knee. regardless of whether it should have happened earlier, it's a no-brainer.

i do, however, disagree with the pats' ability to implement a rule themselves once they don't like something... oh, that doesn't exist? alright, carry on.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2138679 Previous topic | Next topic