Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2126248

Subject: "Looks like the end of the line for Chris Carpenter " Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Tue Feb-05-13 03:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Looks like the end of the line for Chris Carpenter "

Just had a live presser from Bush Stadium with Mo and Matheny. Dude had begun ramping up his throwing sessions and started experiencing the same issues of numbness, weakness and "zingers" that plagued him last year. Mo said that he cannot see Chris ever throwing again, and at this point he just wants to make sure he can have normal arm function after baseball. It wasn't a secret that Carp could be a whiny-baby at times, but that motherfucker was rugged. He had a rib removed in order to come back last season. He wasn't completely himself, but he pitched his guts out against the Nationals (in game 3, I believe) . Against the Giants, he simply didn't have anymore to give. No one will ever forget the game against the Phillies in 2011. Overall, he fought through a ton of injuries, pitched his as off and got 2 rings to show for it. He'll prolly end up working for Fox Sports Midwest or something. Peace, Chris.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2126248 Previous topic | Next topic