Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2126128

Subject: "Lions massive--let's talk offseason. Young Sr. GONE. Peterman GONE." Previous topic | Next topic
Jayson Willyams
Member since Nov 18th 2004
3260 posts
Tue Feb-05-13 01:48 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Lions massive--let's talk offseason. Young Sr. GONE. Peterman GONE."

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/2/5/3955216/stephen-peterman-detroit-lions

Good fucking riddance. Gave up the most combined sacks, hits and hurries of any guard in the league this year, per PFF. Anyone who uses sack rate to tell me how good the Lions' offensive line has been gets immediately dismissed. Stafford spent the whole year with Peterman and Raiola falling back into his lap, play after play. Not to mention that you won't find two worse run-blockers standing should-to-shoulder anywhere else in the NFL, and I am fucking ECSTATIC.

Best guess for a replacement is Nagy. I was kind of holding out hope that he'd take Raiola's spot, but I think it's a safe bet he'll be at RG. I'm almost certain that we're not retaining Cherilus AND Backus, so that's Reiff into the starting lineup. Can a man dream? Can Dominic Raiola finally be on his way out?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
KVB CUT! IT'S CHRISTMAS IN FEBRUARY!
Feb 05th 2013

Jayson Willyams
Member since Nov 18th 2004
3260 posts
Tue Feb-05-13 03:08 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "KVB CUT! IT'S CHRISTMAS IN FEBRUARY!"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.freep.com/article/20130205/SPORTS01/130205052/detroit-Lions-cut-offensive-lineman-Stephen-Peterman?odyssey=nav%7Chead

I'm not partying on KVB being out a job, I love what he did for this team. But he is beyond cooked as a player, and this move signifies that Mayhew is NOT fucking around. If we went into 2013 with Avril and KVB as our starting DEs, the season would be over before it started.

KEEP EM COMING

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2126128 Previous topic | Next topic