Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2118613

Subject: "Son of a bitch..... son of a BITCH (c) Sonny Corleone" Previous topic | Next topic
KosherSam
Member since Mar 18th 2004
70132 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 07:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Son of a bitch..... son of a BITCH (c) Sonny Corleone"

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8875093/darrelle-revis-new-york-jets-shopped-possible-trade-option-according-source

Pessimistic about his chances of re-signing Darrelle Revis before he becomes a free agent next year, New York Jets owner Woody Johnson is open to trading the star cornerback, a person familiar with Johnson's thinking said Wednesday night.

Revis' contract will void after the 2013 season, and there is a clause in the deal that prohibits the Jets from using the franchise tag.

If they don't sign Revis to an extension, the Jets could lose him as a free agent.

The fact that Revis is just three months removed from major knee surgery complicates the matter. There also are salary-cap ramifications that could hinder a potential trade.

Johnson has "no confidence" in the Jets' ability to re-sign Revis, the person familiar with his thinking said. Despite the knee injury, he could seek more than $16 million per year, which could be prohibitive for the cap-strapped Jets. They're already $19.4 million over the 2013 salary cap.

Revis is due to make $6 million in 2013, including $3 million in base pay and the rest in various bonus money.

The Jets could gauge interest around the league, hoping to receive fair-market value for Revis. But that will be difficult, considering the nature of his injury and his steep contract demands.

CBSSports.com first reported that Johnson wants to explore a possible trade involving Revis.

The development came on the eve of John Idzik's formal introduction as the Jets' new general manager. The former Seattle Seahawks executive has the final say on personnel matters, and the Revis showdown looms as one of the most pressing items on his offseason agenda.

The Jets consider Revis one of the best players in team history, but they've previously engaged in two acrimonious negotiations with his agents.

Revis sat out the 2010 preseason in a contract dispute, eventually signing what was described as a short-term, "Band-Aid" deal. It was a one-year extension to the remaining three years -- a total of $46 million.

Coming off a 6-10 season, the Jets need to replenish their roster and solve their salary-cap issues. Johnson may see Revis as a bargaining chip that could accomplish those goals.

Despite his contract issues, Revis never has expressed a desire to play elsewhere.

"I definitely want to be here," Revis said the day after the season. "This is where I live, this is the team I got drafted by."

In recent days, however, Johnson has talked privately about life without Revis, expressing concern about what it would cost to keep him.

*Jews you*

"this is okp tho, reading is completely optional" (c) desus

Proceed with caution. I am overtly racist.

<-- In Pigpen we trust

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I knew what this post was about before I entered, lol
Jan 24th 2013
I knew exactly what this was about before clicking
Jan 24th 2013
And coming off a 2nd surgery, you'll get dimes on the dollar for him
Jan 24th 2013
one of those injured pass rushers has to be in the deal
Jan 24th 2013
We won't get fooled again.
Jan 24th 2013
nah you need another star corner go for it bro
Jan 24th 2013
FUCK!
Jan 24th 2013
I have many thoughts about this... I have had a bad feeling about this
Jan 24th 2013
I'm at the end of my rope with this shit man.
Jan 24th 2013
      Pretty Much
Jan 24th 2013
      jesus. just sign Alex Smith to a 2 year deal and wait to draft a better ...
Jan 24th 2013
           that would be a GREAT look for the Jets
Jan 24th 2013
      Oh, I love doing these. No one fucks themselves like the Lions.
Jan 24th 2013
      exactly, u could give cro away for a 7th rnder to free up money
Jan 24th 2013
If Woody does this I'm putting a contract out on him.
Jan 24th 2013
typical Jets, wait til hes worthless (salary & knee-surgery) to move him
Jan 24th 2013
while they are dumb, its not like they are dangling him for a 5th rnd pk
Jan 24th 2013
      people would be insane to offer anything substantial so guess hes stayin
Jan 24th 2013
           thats at least my hope
Jan 24th 2013
Presuming his rehab is going well...Tampa needs to be on this.
Jan 24th 2013
you guys dont think this is just management posturing
Jan 24th 2013
Hi, we're the New York Jets. Have we met?
Jan 24th 2013
      i know but realistically do you think paying him 16mil
Jan 24th 2013
           especially a sorry no-offense havin one & a CB fresh off knee surgery
Jan 24th 2013
if he's healthy, he's worth what he's paid and a top 10 NFLer.
Jan 24th 2013
I think he will bounce back fine, he didnt rely on quickness
Jan 24th 2013
wrong spot
Jan 24th 2013

Starks dunked on Bulls
Member since Dec 07th 2011
12028 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 07:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I knew what this post was about before I entered, lol"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll be cheering on Revis wherever he ends up.

spawn2k
Charter member
6453 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 08:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I knew exactly what this was about before clicking"
In response to Reply # 0

i saw it last night and just sighed. if he was healthy and you could get good (you aint getting equal) you could argue that they have so many holes that they need more good players than to be tied to one great player. the fact that they won't get anything close to that with him being injured means its a dumb idea and typical jets. not to mention on an emotional level i think it sucks

men are so simple, and so subject to present necessities, that he who seeks to deceive will always find someone who will allow himself to be deceived. (c)Niccolò Machiavelli

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18387 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 08:10 AM

3. "And coming off a 2nd surgery, you'll get dimes on the dollar for him"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been trying to figure out all morning what Id be comfortable with the Skins offering.

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 09:24 AM

8. "one of those injured pass rushers has to be in the deal"
In response to Reply # 3

this is one deal I could ride with, not sure what skins have left for picks, but some draft picks plus kerrigan or orakpo (guys you proved you could play without even with a terrible secondary that Revis would turn out instantly) I'd also make the Skins my 2nd fave team... this is maybe the only scenario that does not make me log off from nfl fandom

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 08:25 AM

4. "We won't get fooled again."
In response to Reply # 0

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.†(c) The God

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42760 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 09:04 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "nah you need another star corner go for it bro"
In response to Reply # 4

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 08:29 AM

5. "FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 0

Out of all the guys on the team to not pay, you pick the best player? WTF?!

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 09:21 AM

7. "I have many thoughts about this... I have had a bad feeling about this"
In response to Reply # 0

my biggest thought and frustration is simple... when you have a once in a generation talent, you make sure he stays with you for life, ESPECIALLY when he reportedly wants that to be the case...

You look at the elite franchises like Pitt/NYG/SF/Baltimore... would they get rid of Troy Pol, Strahan, Patrick Willis, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis in their prime? of course not... Only the fucking Jets... we already know we aren't going to see a SB in our lifetime, so at least let us watch greatness for the next 7 years in Darrelle...

At the same time IF someone offers a King's Ransom of Herschel Walker proportions you listen... I do nothing less then a 1st/a proven player, and at least a 3rd... think Chris Ivory, Nick Toon, Saints 15th pick this year and first next year or Percy Harvin and Vikings First or Ryan Kerrigan, Redskins picks, etc

The Jets leaks are a disgrace, part of it is the vulture dbag beat writers, part of it is a bunch of morons running the team... I have defended the Jets as not being some 2nd rate circus, they have actually been successful for the past 10 years plus, but if they give away revis for a few picks that could turn out to be justin miller and vernon gholston, then I may follow Revis to his new team

KosherSam
70132 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 09:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "I'm at the end of my rope with this shit man. "
In response to Reply # 7

we suck for so long, we have so little in the way of homegrown talent or legendary players, and as soon as we get one, we immediately go into "what's the fastest way to fuck this up" mode.

I don't care what we have to do. cut EVERYBODY. Revis, Brick, and Mangold should never even have to *consider* wearing another jersey. Every other player on the team is dispensable.

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST EXERCISE COMMON FUCKING SENSE?!?!?!

Funny thing about Gholston that I was recently reminded of. The last game of the season that year, instead of tanking, we went on the road to Kansas City in an awful-fest and managed to get a meaningless overtime win, giving us the sixth pick and Gholston. If we had lost, we'd have the 3rd pick, and probably taken Matt Ryan. Leave it to the Jets....

*Jews you*

<-- In Pigpen we trust

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 09:57 AM

10. "Pretty Much"
In response to Reply # 9

>I don't care what we have to do. cut EVERYBODY. Revis, Brick,
>and Mangold should never even have to *consider* wearing
>another jersey. Every other player on the team is dispensable.
Agree completely
>
>WHY CAN'T THEY JUST EXERCISE COMMON FUCKING SENSE?!?!?!
*sigh...I don't know
And they want to bring in Tavaris Jackson as a QB too? *smh

KosherSam
70132 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 10:24 AM

11. "jesus. just sign Alex Smith to a 2 year deal and wait to draft a better ..."
In response to Reply # 10

this isn't fucking rocket science.

*Jews you*

<-- In Pigpen we trust

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42760 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 10:43 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "that would be a GREAT look for the Jets"
In response to Reply # 11

Conservative QB that doesn't throw picks and lets the D get some rest?

Gee, what a change that would be

Jayson Willyams
Member since Nov 18th 2004
3260 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 10:46 AM

13. "Oh, I love doing these. No one fucks themselves like the Lions."
In response to Reply # 9

>funny thing about Gholston that I was recently reminded of.
>The last game of the season that year, instead of tanking, we
>went on the road to Kansas City in an awful-fest and managed
>to get a meaningless overtime win, giving us the sixth pick
>and Gholston. If we had lost, we'd have the 3rd pick, and
>probably taken Matt Ryan. Leave it to the Jets....

The 2010 Lions were at one point 2-10. They closed the season on an improbable 4 game winning streak, including an overtime road win at Tampa Bay and a ridiculous comeback in Miami where we scored 17 unanswered points in the 4th quarter to win.

The Lions were one of 7 teams that year to finish 6-10. However, it's the Lions, and since they played the toughest schedule out of those seven teams, they were the last 6-10 team to pick in the draft. If they lost even ONE of those four games, here are the guys they would have been able to draft:

Patrick Peterson
Julio Jones
Aldon Smith
JJ Watt

Instead, we end up with Nick Fairley. I like Fairley, and have no problems with the pick, but those other 4 guys are all-world talents. But hey, at least we beat Minnesota in week 17.

Next year!

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 10:52 AM

14. "exactly, u could give cro away for a 7th rnder to free up money"
In response to Reply # 9

then next year u cut holmes and maybe harris... there is zero reason to lose Revis, ZERO... at least let us have a home grown career legend hall of famer since we never see fucking winning! this is going to be the last straw for many fans...

it's funny about that KC game, this year after the jax game some fans wanted to try to get 8-8... hell no, i wanted highest pick possible... losing those last 3 games probably jumped the jets 8 picks in the draft... that would cost a team a 2nd rounder minimum to jump that high

As bad as things look now, if u get decent qb play next year with revis and holmes back, have a solid draft, the afc isnt that good, no reason to completely blow it up... u can transition and compete at the same time!

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27116 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 12:46 PM

15. "If Woody does this I'm putting a contract out on him."
In response to Reply # 0

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 12:51 PM

16. "typical Jets, wait til hes worthless (salary & knee-surgery) to move him"
In response to Reply # 0

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 01:11 PM

17. "while they are dumb, its not like they are dangling him for a 5th rnd pk"
In response to Reply # 16

putting someone on the block just means willing to listen to insane offers

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 01:12 PM

18. "people would be insane to offer anything substantial so guess hes stayin"
In response to Reply # 17
Thu Jan-24-13 01:13 PM by Bombastic

>putting someone on the block just means willing to listen to
>insane offers

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 01:14 PM

19. "thats at least my hope"
In response to Reply # 18

it would be too risky to offer too much off of an ACL, and the Jets can't be dumb enough to give him away, especially with the immediate insane backlash already based off of just a rumor... who knows though

dillinjah
Charter member
9029 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 01:35 PM

20. "Presuming his rehab is going well...Tampa needs to be on this."
In response to Reply # 0

IceburgSmurf
Member since May 17th 2008
4724 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 02:16 PM

21. "you guys dont think this is just management posturing"
In response to Reply # 0

to try to get a reduced resign contract for a guy who ordinarily would be able to command whatever he wants. they put out the idea to revis through the media that he has to compromise on his resign value because "we wil trade you" and "you're coming off ACL surgery"?

because logically they wont get a similar talent in a trade and no one in this day and age (reduced rookie contracts) is giving up a 1st for any pretty much any player in the league.

KosherSam
70132 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 02:17 PM

22. "Hi, we're the New York Jets. Have we met?"
In response to Reply # 21

*Jews you*

<-- In Pigpen we trust

IceburgSmurf
Member since May 17th 2008
4724 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 03:25 PM

23. "i know but realistically do you think paying him 16mil"
In response to Reply # 22

is conducive to having a balanced potentially championship winning team. I (and just an opinion here) dont think any corner is worth 16mil a year so.........

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 05:11 PM

24. "especially a sorry no-offense havin one & a CB fresh off knee surgery"
In response to Reply # 23

I would trade that dude for tattoos if I'm the Jets.

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18387 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 05:36 PM

25. "if he's healthy, he's worth what he's paid and a top 10 NFLer."
In response to Reply # 0

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 09:58 PM

26. "I think he will bounce back fine, he didnt rely on quickness"
In response to Reply # 25

he relies on strength, good form with his hips, great instincts

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 10:04 PM

27. "wrong spot"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jan-24-13 10:11 PM by rjc27

ss

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2118613 Previous topic | Next topic