Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2117154

Subject: "Tim Brown accuses Bill Callahan of sabotaging Super Bowl XXXVII" Previous topic | Next topic
guru0509
Charter member
45329 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 12:04 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Tim Brown accuses Bill Callahan of sabotaging Super Bowl XXXVII"
Tue Jan-22-13 12:05 PM by guru0509

some pretty serious allegations...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8868196/tim-brown-bill-callahan-sabotaged-oakland-raiders-super-bowl-xxxvii-loss

According to receiver Tim Brown, Jon Gruden's Tampa Bay Buccaneers thrashed the Raiders 48-21 in Super Bowl XXXVII because Oakland was "sabotaged" by Bill Callahan, the team's head coach at the time, who changed the game plan at the last minute.

Brown's comments to SiriusXM NFL Radio on Saturday were earlier reported by ProFootballTalk.com, which was provided audio of his remarks.

Brown said that when the Raiders got the game plan on the Monday before the Super Bowl, it was a run-heavy attack taking advantage of Oakland's size advantage on the offensive line. However, Brown said Callahan scrapped the plan on Friday to the shock of the team.

"We all called it sabotage ... because Callahan and Gruden were good friends. And Callahan had a big problem with the Raiders, you know, hated the Raiders. You know, only came because Gruden made him come. Literally walked off the field on us a couple of times during the season when he first got there, the first couple years."

This isn't the first time Brown has made these accusations against Callahan. The receiver also made these claims four years ago on the morning of the Super Bowl.

Brown stressed that he was expressing his opinion and had no proof that Callahan intentionally doomed his own team.

"You know, can you really say that? That can be my opinion, but I can't say for a fact that that's what his plan was, to sabotage the Super Bowl," Brown said. "He hated the Raiders so much that he would sabotage the Super Bowl so his friend can win the Super Bowl. That's hard to say, because you can't prove it.

"But the facts are what they are, that less than 36 hours before the game we changed our game plan. And we go into that game absolutely knowing that we have no shot. That the only shot we had if Tampa Bay didn't show up," he said.

Brown said center Barret Robbins, who disappeared from the team in the days before the game and did not play, begged Callahan not to change the game plan.

"Barret Robbins begged Coach Callahan, 'Do not do this to me. I don't have time to make my calls, to get my calls ready. You can't do this to me on Friday. We haven't practiced full speed, we can't get this done,'" Brown said.

Brown wouldn't correlate Robbins' absence from the team with Callahan's decision, however.

"I'm not saying one had anything to do with the other. All I'm saying is those are the facts of what happened Super Bowl week. So our ire wasn't towards Barret Robbins, it was towards Bill Callahan. Because we feel as if he wouldn't have did what he did, then Barret wouldn't have done what he did," Brown said.

Brown said "everybody knew Barret was unstable anyway" but the team couldn't fathom Callahan would change plans at the last minute.

"So to put him in that situation -- not that he was putting him in that situation -- but for that decision to be made without consulting the players the Friday before the Super Bowl? I played 27 years of football. The coaches never changed the game plan the Friday before the game.

"I'm not trying to point fingers at anybody here, all I'm saying is those are the facts of what happened. So people look at Barret and they say all these things, but every player in that locker room will tell you, 'You'd better talk to Bill Callahan.' Because if not for Coach Callahan, I don't think we're in that situation," he said.

Jon Ritchie, the starting fullback for the Raiders in that game and former ESPN NFL analyst told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen in a text that he agrees with Brown's comments.

"I've said it for years. What we practiced heavily during the week is not what we ran in that game. Could have been due to Barrett's absence. It was never explained to believe. I believe I said it on the record every year we talked about the Super Bowl (when he was with ESPN for four years). I always thought it would get sensational like this," Ritchie wrote in the text.

However, another former Raiders offensive player who didn't want to be named, disagreed with Brown.

"No, he (Tim) isn't right. While there was always dysfunction, that didn't happen. If anything Bill wanted to kick Jon's a--. Nobody would do that. Brutal. We got out-played and out-coached. Period," the former player wrote in the text to ESPN.

Running back Zack Crockett, who also was on that Raiders team and is now a scout for the team, said Callahan changed the game plan only because of Robbins' disappearance.

"He may have known something we didn't know," Crockett told ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" of Brown.

Crockett said "everybody was in shock" when Robbins left the team because he made all the offensive calls. He agrees with Brown that "with the offensive line we had, it was going to be a downhill game" if the original game plan was used.

Oakland rushed the ball only 11 times in the Super Bowl loss to the Buccaneers, and two of those attempts were by quarterback Rich Gannon. Gannon attempted 44 passes in the loss.

Robbins was diagnosed as bipolar after that incident but regained his spot in the starting lineup the next season after undergoing treatment at an alcohol rehabilitation center. However, the Raiders released Robbins in 2004 after he tested positive for steroids.

In addition to stays in alcohol and drug rehabilitation programs, Robbins has had several run-ins with law enforcement since the 2004 season.

Brown's comments about Callahan came just days after he questioned the Bears' hiring of coach Marc Trestman, who was the Raiders' offensive coordinator when Brown was on the team.

"I don't want to say it was a joke, but I just never saw Trestman as being a head coach," Brown said last week on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000 in Chicago.

Brown had posted nine straight 1,000-yard receiving seasons with the Raiders entering 2002, the year Trestman took over as the team's offensive coordinator. In that 2002 season, Jerry Rice emerged as the team's leading receiver and Brown finished with 930 yards.

"The year he took over as offensive coordinator is also the year my reign with the Raiders ended because he made Jerry the No. 1 receiver instead of myself," Brown said. "The year before I made the Pro Bowl and caught ... and the year afterwards, the year he takes over, I think I came like 50 yards from catching 1,000 yards in 10 or 11 straight seasons.

"Hey, look, I'm not a selfish player, but come on, if I put the work in, make this happen for me. We had some interesting words about that part of it."

Brown is one of 15 modern-era Hall of Fame finalists for the class of 2013. The Hall's 46-member selection committee will meet in New Orleans on Feb. 2 to make its selections.

Callahan is currently the Cowboys' offensive line coach.

ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen and ESPN's Jeremy Schaap contributed to this report.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
haha, great minds....damn near pressed enter at the same time
Jan 22nd 2013
lol, funny thing is I immediately thought of the Beasties too
Jan 22nd 2013
:(
Jan 22nd 2013
Basically Barret Robbins was dead scared of Sapp and them
Jan 22nd 2013
mofo disappeared he was so scared
Jan 22nd 2013
      Naw, he was just so high he thought he already won
Jan 22nd 2013
i believe it.
Jan 22nd 2013
The whole state of Nebraska is like "Now, you tell us!"
Jan 22nd 2013
yeah he & Dave Wannstet pretty much killed my theory about
Jan 22nd 2013
If Callahan would have fired his DC
Jan 23rd 2013
Actually what set Barrett off was finding out that Terry Kirby was hitti...
Jan 22nd 2013
WAHOOWA
Jan 22nd 2013
totally forgot that, that story Lindros/Brindamour levels of confirmed?
Jan 22nd 2013
      I guess that IS ..."enough to make nuh go craaaaaazy"
Jan 22nd 2013
      I refer to it as "Willie Roaf/Joe Horn" confirmed
Jan 22nd 2013
           I'm still mad we coulda had Brendan Shanahan for Brindy, turned it down
Jan 22nd 2013
""I'm not trying to point fingers at anybody here..."
Jan 22nd 2013
this mofo aint never getting in the hall of fame
Jan 22nd 2013
LOL @ touchdown timmy laying into trestman.
Jan 22nd 2013
They went from an all-pro to a sparsely played backup at C
Jan 22nd 2013
but Robbins went AWOL *after* the gameplan change on Friday
Jan 22nd 2013
      well Jerry Rice said today...
Jan 22nd 2013
           so that works in with the timeline as well
Jan 22nd 2013
fuckin Reflection Smurf.
Jan 22nd 2013
fuck Tim Brown, he got a Heisman he didn't deserve
Jan 22nd 2013
is that a Don McPherson reference?
Jan 22nd 2013
      yeah, and I'm biased but still right though
Jan 22nd 2013
           welp, he got the Maxwell as consolation I suppose.
Jan 22nd 2013
Gruden knew the signals
Jan 22nd 2013
^^^^^THIS
Jan 22nd 2013
I don't want to relive that game
Jan 22nd 2013
      Fam, I've never been physically sick due to a sporting event
Jan 23rd 2013
John Lynch said as much LIVE during the game
Jan 22nd 2013
Yup, I've seen that same clip and Lynch is utterly shocked/laughing
Jan 22nd 2013
yeah i seen this too i think it was on inside the nfl
Jan 23rd 2013
Raiders' players were complaining that the Bucs knew all the audibles
Jan 22nd 2013
whats cool is Callahan & Monte Kiffin=Dallas top assistants right today
Jan 22nd 2013
It's not funny, but.....fuckit, it is. About Barrett Robbins....
Jan 22nd 2013
Well, had serious depression issues and was off his meds that weekend
Jan 22nd 2013
All's well that ends well
Jan 22nd 2013
Raiders - Bucs Super Bowl and Tijuana...
Jan 22nd 2013
Damn you just brought back some memories for me, lol...
Jan 23rd 2013
pretty much everyone backing him up in some way sooooooo
Jan 22nd 2013
also, LOL at Tim Brown being mad at playing second fiddle to JERRY RICE
Jan 23rd 2013
1. Jerry...2. Cris Carter 3. Randy Moss
Jan 23rd 2013
lol @ cris carter...there are *active* guys better than him
Jan 23rd 2013
this happened?
Jan 23rd 2013
      from the swipe:
Jan 23rd 2013
           That's also true though. They were pretty much equals...
Jan 23rd 2013
wonder why he waited 10 damn years to bring it up lol
Jan 23rd 2013
He didn't. He has said it numerous times
Jan 23rd 2013
Smokescreen to get heat off of ND and T'eo
Jan 23rd 2013
^keen peep
Jan 23rd 2013
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NOI2pZlj0Mc/UAP4tRdz-iI/AAAAAAAAB6Q/0xfGklM2jR...
Jan 23rd 2013
Billly C's comments
Jan 23rd 2013
Timmy Brown, ND For Life, Doing His Best To Take Heat Off Manti Te'o
Jan 23rd 2013

Dstl1
Charter member
56221 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 12:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "haha, great minds....damn near pressed enter at the same time"
In response to Reply # 0

guru0509
Charter member
45329 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 12:23 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "lol, funny thing is I immediately thought of the Beasties too"
In response to Reply # 1

posting on this board often has me trying to cue up a hip hop song to match a certain scenario or story line...

cereffusion
Charter member
29598 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 12:13 PM

2. ":("
In response to Reply # 0

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42759 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 12:13 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Basically Barret Robbins was dead scared of Sapp and them"
In response to Reply # 0

Dstl1
Charter member
56221 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 12:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "mofo disappeared he was so scared"
In response to Reply # 3

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 09:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
33. "Naw, he was just so high he thought he already won"
In response to Reply # 4

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85051 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 01:42 PM

6. "i believe it. "
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

placee_22
Member since Sep 30th 2002
12956 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 01:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "The whole state of Nebraska is like "Now, you tell us!""
In response to Reply # 0

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 05:36 PM

11. "yeah he & Dave Wannstet pretty much killed my theory about"
In response to Reply # 7

NFL coaches going to the college ranks & having at least some modicum of success.

DeepAztheRoot
Member since Dec 19th 2003
13992 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 08:00 AM

41. "If Callahan would have fired his DC"
In response to Reply # 7
Wed Jan-23-13 08:00 AM by DeepAztheRoot

he might still be here, his offense was Top 10 great with Shawn Watson, the OC for Louisville now

his recruiting was outstanding

he just couldn't send his friend, Kevin Cosgrove......who was in way over his head, packing.

I think he would have done an about face with the walk-on program too, knowing that was a key to Osborne's success.

<-Fear Ameer

steg1
Charter member
3335 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 02:59 PM

8. "Actually what set Barrett off was finding out that Terry Kirby was hitti..."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jan-22-13 03:00 PM by steg1

hitting his wife.

this is fact. check it out

www.jambase.com ~~~Go See Live Music~~~
www.upfulLIFE.com / www.facebook.com/UPFULLife

"...shocked the small axe could knocka giant lopsided" (c)Pretty Flaco

Buck
Member since Feb 15th 2005
16156 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 05:31 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "WAHOOWA"
In response to Reply # 8

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 05:39 PM

13. "totally forgot that, that story Lindros/Brindamour levels of confirmed?"
In response to Reply # 8

Dstl1
Charter member
56221 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 05:57 PM

16. "I guess that IS ..."enough to make nuh go craaaaaazy""
In response to Reply # 13

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 09:00 PM

31. "I refer to it as "Willie Roaf/Joe Horn" confirmed"
In response to Reply # 13

I don't like to disrespect Rod the Bod by bringing up that sordid business.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 09:20 PM

34. "I'm still mad we coulda had Brendan Shanahan for Brindy, turned it down"
In response to Reply # 31

and then still had to later trade him anyway on account of that mess for Primeau (not that he didn't have his moments but c'mon).

Buck
Member since Feb 15th 2005
16156 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 05:31 PM

9. """I'm not trying to point fingers at anybody here...""
In response to Reply # 0

Uh, yeah man, you pretty much are.

all stah
Member since Sep 03rd 2005
23470 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 05:38 PM

12. "this mofo aint never getting in the hall of fame"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jan-22-13 05:38 PM by all stah

he should have been in a long time ago...possibly the 3rd or 4th best receiver off all time...

However, his attacks on VIP in football will keep him out forever.

He used to shit on al davis all the time, and called him a racist.

Flash80
Member since Jan 03rd 2007
6953 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 05:55 PM

14. "LOL @ touchdown timmy laying into trestman."
In response to Reply # 0

trestman had rice nearly wanting out of SF, so he probably owed him.

he probably shoulda just left that gripe out of the interview completely.

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 05:56 PM

15. "They went from an all-pro to a sparsely played backup at C"
In response to Reply # 0

Arguably the 2nd most important player on the offensive unit. Obviously I don't know what happened but I'm gonna assume that Robbins' dissapearance had far more to do with changing the gameplan than Tim Brown's claim of sabotage...particularly since winning that game cements Callahan as a top coach.

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 06:04 PM

17. "but Robbins went AWOL *after* the gameplan change on Friday"
In response to Reply # 15

he made curfew Friday night at 11 but was with some nefarious character who went to his room with him & then they later went back out again then dissapeared to TJ.

At least that's the timeline Romo was giving on the radio this morning.

Dstl1
Charter member
56221 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 06:08 PM

18. "well Jerry Rice said today..."
In response to Reply # 17

that after the change on Friday, Robins was beside himself screaming "you cannot do this to me...not now"

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 07:36 PM

21. "so that works in with the timeline as well"
In response to Reply # 18

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 06:10 PM

19. "fuckin Reflection Smurf."
In response to Reply # 0

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18621 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 06:12 PM

20. "fuck Tim Brown, he got a Heisman he didn't deserve"
In response to Reply # 0

so I'm glad his little streak of 1,000 being broken bothers him.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 07:38 PM

22. "is that a Don McPherson reference?"
In response to Reply # 20

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18621 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 08:09 PM

23. "yeah, and I'm biased but still right though"
In response to Reply # 22

Brown scored just 7 TD's on an 8-4 team, and did nothing in their 2 biggest games(both L's).

He got so much hype and played for ND(when that mattered), he'd already won before the season started.

McPherson won all the QB awards and led his team to 11-0, should've been an easy pick.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 08:16 PM

26. "welp, he got the Maxwell as consolation I suppose."
In response to Reply # 23

I was just checking since even though I was pretty young I actually kinda remember that whole controversy (and put two-and-two together knowing your allegiances) plus Don ended up drafted by the Eagles.

DeepAztheRoot
Member since Dec 19th 2003
13992 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 08:10 PM

24. "Gruden knew the signals"
In response to Reply # 0

Callahan didn't switch them up enough from what Rich Gannon said

I find that much more believable

<-Fear Ameer

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 08:14 PM

25. "^^^^^THIS "
In response to Reply # 24

That was even more important. It was like Tecmo Bowl when the opposing team is looking at your plays all game long.

I sat there with my Charles Woodson jersey on completely confused as they game got out of hand quickly.

Shit was disgusting.

So yeah, I agree Callahan threw that game. And if I ever was to see him, I'd spit in his fucking face.

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

cereffusion
Charter member
29598 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 11:29 PM

38. "I don't want to relive that game"
In response to Reply # 25

they were so dominant that year and then THAT happened. 11 years later and they still ain't recovered.

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 10:19 AM

47. "Fam, I've never been physically sick due to a sporting event"
In response to Reply # 38

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 08:46 PM

28. "John Lynch said as much LIVE during the game"

>Callahan didn't switch them up enough from what Rich Gannon
>said
>
>I find that much more believable

At one point he was mic'ed up on the sidelines in total disbelief at how all the signals matched up with what Gruden taught them.

I have love for Tim Brown but who knows what he's talking about here.

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 08:54 PM

29. "Yup, I've seen that same clip and Lynch is utterly shocked/laughing"
In response to Reply # 28
Tue Jan-22-13 08:54 PM by LA2Philly

Dude said they pretty much know every play being called at the line.

<--The drought is over

L D E A

JAESCOTT777
Member since Feb 18th 2006
28487 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 09:40 AM

45. "yeah i seen this too i think it was on inside the nfl "
In response to Reply # 28

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44710 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 09:20 PM

35. "Raiders' players were complaining that the Bucs knew all the audibles"

GTFOH, Gruden created all the audibles. Of course the Bucs were going to know them if Callahan didn't bother changing them.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 08:27 PM

27. "whats cool is Callahan & Monte Kiffin=Dallas top assistants right today"
In response to Reply # 0

Oh.....and their head coach is Jason Garrett, General Manager is Jerry Jones & Quarterback is Tony Romo.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/2464704_o.gif

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 08:58 PM

30. "It's not funny, but.....fuckit, it is. About Barrett Robbins...."
In response to Reply # 0

"Robbins later told his wife that he had spent most of the day before the Super Bowl partying across the border in Tijuana, and actually thought the Raiders had already won the game and he was celebrating their victory"

THAT'S why he missed it???????? I know I'm ten years late but what the hell damn fuck?!???

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44710 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 09:23 PM

37. "Well, had serious depression issues and was off his meds that weekend"
In response to Reply # 30

Callahan changing the offense at the last minute didn't cause him to skate, being off his meds did.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 09:04 PM

32. "All's well that ends well"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jan-22-13 09:04 PM by ConcreteCharlie

I have heard him say this before, a few years ago, I doubt he said much new.

It sounded like more of a bungling than anything, just bad coaching compounded by bad play.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

deejboram
Member since Sep 27th 2002
25755 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 09:21 PM

36. "Raiders - Bucs Super Bowl and Tijuana..."
In response to Reply # 0

I was in town for that Super Bowl
somehow ended up in TJ that weekend too
The shakejoints was a fuckin MAAAAADHOUSE
Adelita's was the most packed I've ever seen that shit
Club Chicago was packed to the gills

Damn I feel old...

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 12:10 AM

40. "Damn you just brought back some memories for me, lol..."
In response to Reply # 36

>Adelita's was the most packed I've ever seen that shit
>Club Chicago was packed to the gills
>
>Damn I feel old...

cereffusion
Charter member
29598 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 11:30 PM

39. "pretty much everyone backing him up in some way sooooooo"
In response to Reply # 0

tuck rule then THAT.

YOU WONDER WHY MY HATE IS SO STRONG.

KosherSam
Member since Mar 18th 2004
70132 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 09:27 AM

42. "also, LOL at Tim Brown being mad at playing second fiddle to JERRY RICE"
In response to Reply # 0

*Jews you*

"this is okp tho, reading is completely optional" (c) desus

Proceed with caution. I am overtly racist.

<-- In Pigpen we trust

guru0509
Charter member
45329 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 09:32 AM

43. "1. Jerry...2. Cris Carter 3. Randy Moss"
In response to Reply # 42

if SF wins it all,...it'll go 1. Jerry 2. Randy 3. Cris Carter

and then the rest...

he should get used to it.

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35243 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 12:29 PM

54. "lol @ cris carter...there are *active* guys better than him"
In response to Reply # 43

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 09:33 AM

44. "this happened?"
In response to Reply # 42

KosherSam
Member since Mar 18th 2004
70132 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 10:42 AM

49. "from the swipe:"
In response to Reply # 44

"The year he took over as offensive coordinator is also the year my reign with the Raiders ended because he made Jerry the No. 1 receiver instead of myself," Brown said. "The year before I made the Pro Bowl and caught ... and the year afterwards, the year he takes over, I think I came like 50 yards from catching 1,000 yards in 10 or 11 straight seasons.

"Hey, look, I'm not a selfish player, but come on, if I put the work in, make this happen for me. We had some interesting words about that part of it."
-------------
now granted, this is more shade at the OC than at Jerry, but he's clearly mad that the OC made Jerry the #1 receiver, which kept him from getting his 1,000 yards.

*Jews you*

"this is okp tho, reading is completely optional" (c) desus

Proceed with caution. I am overtly racist.

<-- In Pigpen we trust

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 12:51 PM

56. "That's also true though. They were pretty much equals..."
In response to Reply # 49

at that point.

Might have more to do with Gannon though and the emergence of Jerry Porter at the time.

Tim's just competitive. Jerry and him are cool

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32090 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 10:15 AM

46. "wonder why he waited 10 damn years to bring it up lol "
In response to Reply # 0

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 12:28 PM

53. "He didn't. He has said it numerous times"
In response to Reply # 46

It's just now blowing up for whatever reason

<--The drought is over

L D E A

EmDub
Member since Oct 14th 2003
6620 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 10:28 AM

48. "Smokescreen to get heat off of ND and T'eo"
In response to Reply # 0

Only reason he brought it out now.

guru0509
Charter member
45329 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 10:51 AM

50. "^keen peep"
In response to Reply # 48

magilla vanilla
Member since Sep 13th 2002
18749 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 12:30 PM

55. "http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NOI2pZlj0Mc/UAP4tRdz-iI/AAAAAAAAB6Q/0xfGklM2jR..."
In response to Reply # 48

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NOI2pZlj0Mc/UAP4tRdz-iI/AAAAAAAAB6Q/0xfGklM2jRE/s1600/shawn-michaels.gif

Photo zine(some images NSFW): http://bit.ly/USaSPhoto

"This (and every, actually) conversation needs more Chesterton and less Mike Francesa." - Walleye

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 11:19 AM

51. "Billly C's comments"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjKRQ_OqCCw

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 12:25 PM

52. "Timmy Brown, ND For Life, Doing His Best To Take Heat Off Manti Te'o"
In response to Reply # 0

That's some serious alumni support for ya!

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2117154 Previous topic | Next topic